shape
carat
color
clarity

Other than jewels, what do you collect?

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I try to get a small pin from every city I visit and keep them on lanyards or hats. Sometimes it's a challenge.
My mother collected chickens; anything chicken. Plates, pictures, figurines, art, if it had a chicken we had it. Thousands. Freaked my husband out when he met me.
Example:

_10489.jpg

JaneSmith

Brilliant_Rock
Cheesy tea towels. Fridge magnets. They don't attach to my fridge, so they are all in a cupboard waiting for me to put up a big sheet of metal to display them. I enjoy these small cheap mementos from my travels.

I like art, and have some lovely paintings and sculptures I have been lucky enough to buy over the years. I also have a lot of books, but that is more a love of reading than anything collection-worthy.

On reflection, I don't think I am actually a collector of specific items. :confused: :)) Oh well!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wizard of Oz paraphernalia. :oops: I'm mainly attracted to things having to do with L. Frank Baum's books, but most people associate the 1939 movie with collectibles so over the years I've been given a ton of cheesy plastic figurines and other crazy stuff. My husband built me a special shelf for a few items in my collection. The top is painted to look like the yellow brick road, and the braces are ruby slippers. He's adorable. I have several things on it, but the rest of the stuff is in storage bins. I don't need a whole room devoted to crazytown in my house.

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
Liddle Kiddles and Vintage barbies from 1960 s... If its jewels I collect tiny pendants breast cancer symbol, peace sign, heart, bow , hamsa, jewish star , bears in gold, silver, diamonds, diamond solitare. I am always looking for tiny pendants... Right now looking for diamond smiley fface

Sparklelu

Brilliant_Rock
I collect depression glass and Disney snow globes. I'm kinda over the Disney snow globes because they are a royal pain to dust, lots of little sticking out parts!
The depression glass was my moms and I've added to it, mostly peach and pink glass.
I also collect vintage cobalt blue bottles, I have a Vintage Milk of Magnesia bottle that I purchased as an 8 year old in an antique store!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fat cells, dust, wrinkles, sags, age spots, grey hair, a bit of wisdom.

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Shark's teeth and beach glass I find on our beaches. It's a favorite pastime.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Perfume. Parasols. Peacock themed things. Rat themed things. Cobalt blue glassware. Old auction catalogs (though, to be fair, those are jewelry related). Swords, knives, axes, and jewelry making tools and materials.

Books. Specifically, books on or of fairy tales, as old as I can find, Alice books (and related paraphernalia - Monarch, my best fried does Alice & all things Oz, and she would probably FLIP over your collection). Old style manuals.

Train cases. Velvet opera coats. Old mesh purses. Mother of pearl carryalls. Mother of pearl opera glasses. Mother of pearl hairpins. All sorts of hairpins, really, though bonus if they're bejeweled or have hinges, or both. Edwardiana, basically.

I may have a problem.

Hell, if you ask my husband, I may BE a problem .... ;-)

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
Vintage glass bottles here too! Only ones relating to medicine though...DBF and I are both pharmacists so this is our nerdy side coming out. We like to go peruse antique shops when we have weekends off together. Sadly, we are only in our mid 20s, not our 70s as this hobby would make us sound :cheeky:

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
We also collect magnets from every place we visit, as well as pint glasses. I used to collect Wizard of Oz memorabilia as well - I have all the Wizard of Oz Barbies still in the box, never opened. My mother collected Beanie Babies years ago and I ended up with hundreds of thems - mostly bears, cats and dogs. We thought they'd be worth $$ someday. Boy were we wrong!

Nowadays it seems like I collect cat fur. I find it EVERYWHERE! LOL :lol:

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm a chicken/rooster girl. Named my dog Chicken. Rooster wallpaper in my kitchen, chicken knobs on the cabinets, chicken pulls on the ceiling fans and a cabinet full of chicken/rooster figurines and things. I love them. Oh annnndd I just got a gorgeous rooster drawing from our own MissyDebby---he is fabulous.

I have some sharky things, a wood carving, a pendant of bone, tooth earrings and a pendant, and one of those Anne Geddes type dolls in a shark costume--her name is Finnie, which was what my brother called me when I was little haha..hoping to get a Megalodon tooth at some point. I'd like to frame a Jaws poster and get some photos of the breaching GW's and put them all together w/the Meg tooth.

My gramma w/the kitties collected all kinds of plates, like the...what are they, franklin mint and whatever else that does that kind of thing?? I've got a couple sets to hang in London's room-one is Wizard of Oz, Gramma gave me that set when I was 6, and then a set of really pretty/girly fashion-plate type ones, they look like French fashion model drawings. She had a ton of the Royal Coppenhagen blue Mors Dag plates, and they hung on the porch on the farm when we were growing up, so I asked for them a long time ago b/c they remind me of my childhood. Some of them were gotten by my great gramma on trips back to Sweden. She gave me some other Swedish things too, things she had hanging in the house that have Swedish decorations and sayings on them, plus a gorgeous handmade/carved Swedish chest.

mrs jam

Brilliant_Rock
Unicorn bookends. I have no idea why.

My husband collects Tiki mugs.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I forgot I collect "little golden books", especially those by Eloise Wilken.

_10491.jpg

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aw, I love Little Golden books! I recognize a lot of those illustrations, AprilBaby. My mother kept a lot of my childhood books and now I have them for my daughter. One of my favorites is Where Did the Baby Go? What a fun thing to collect--there are lots of vintage LGB's on Etsy, I see!

wheredidthebabygo.jpg

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have collected little things from places we have been but I can't say that they fall into any one category, except for fabric and patterns.
Basically, all things quilty.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
kenny|1380586253|3529852 said:
Fat cells, dust, wrinkles, sags, age spots, grey hair, a bit of wisdom.

same here.........however, I do buy art..........

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Christmas ornaments. :love:

And if you talk to neatfreak: platters. :lol:

GlamMosher

Shiny_Rock
AprilBaby|1380584024|3529830 said:
I try to get a small pin from every city I visit and keep them on lanyards or hats. Sometimes it's a challenge.
My mother collected chickens; anything chicken. Plates, pictures, figurines, art, if it had a chicken we had it. Thousands. Freaked my husband out when he met me.
Example:

AprilBaby, I also collect hat pins! I have hundreds on a wall hanging, and probably about the same again in a box as I need another or a bigger wall hanging. I collect them from places we have been, and my mum also used to give me one from everywhere she went when she traveled. I also collect the charity ones, and try to get one for each year as they are usually different.

Maybe we could do a swap?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I feel like such a nerd to admit this but I collect stamps from all over the world and started this hobby as a child.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Bills, bills, and more bills.

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
Perfume. I have unopened bottles everywhere. :oops:

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Perfume!
kitchen gadgets
did i mention jewelry????

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
I collect pigs! I have a plethora of piggy banks, pig ornaments, pig decorations, a pig door stop, a hand carved and painted fingernail brush with a pig. I love my piggies! LOL! I also tend to collect books, but I'm not sure if that counts as a collection... or hoarding. :devil:

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
When the new MINI Cooper came out I was there - an "early adopter." And I collected - soI have boxes full of MINI Copper diecast cars in my basement... and a few on display... and a binder or two of MINI Cooper advertising material.

I also have more fabric and yarn than I'll ever use (quilting and knitting).

I actually consciously try not to collect, though it appears I've failed. :lol: I can get very obsessed with trying to find the next thing, and I know how even the little things add up. But I do have the collector bug and I have it bad.

ETA I also have a bunch of Running Press miniature books even though I'm very picky about the titles I'll add to my collection. I think I have a complete collection of Kurt Adler miniature Christmas tree book ornaments - until I looked for an illustration of one on ebay and found that there's a "wizard of oz" book that I don't have! :lol: I do think I have a complete collection of the Christmas-themed books, though!

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
North Face jackets and Frye boots. My husband hates me. :lol:

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Plants :bigsmile:

Succulents, cacti, ferns, hoya's and...begonias!

Oh ya, I'm a beader too. Just made some lovely multicolored Burmese jade bracelets with small semiprecious charms. All roads lead back to jade lately. And coffee, and chocolate, and woolen sweaters...

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ericad|1380602603|3529963 said:
Ahem...teddy bears dressed in costumes. Cough.

Picture? :Up_to_something:

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
I have a good amount of Waterford, my grandmother's silver pattern and many sets of china. So, I guess I collect tableware. I also have all the Martha Stewart Livings from 1996 or so onward. Some aren't the best but I just love her aesthetic. And I love crafting and cooking so each one has something I like to reference from time to time.

But in general I'm a major purger. I love taking a car load of stuff to Goodwill. Feels like the house lost weight!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results