shape
carat
color
clarity

Other than jewels, what do you collect?

JLW05

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, Chrono! My dad would LOVE you. He has been collecting stamps for over 75 years. At this point, he happily gives away his stamps to interested parties because he says stamp collecting is a dying hobby. As for myself, I like to collect mythical creatures, usually unicorns, a few mermaids and a Pegasus here and there.

lovebug1031

Shiny_Rock
dragonfly411|1380636421|3530081 said:
I collect pigs! I have a plethora of piggy banks, pig ornaments, pig decorations, a pig door stop, a hand carved and painted fingernail brush with a pig. I love my piggies! LOL! I also tend to collect books, but I'm not sure if that counts as a collection... or hoarding. :devil:

hah! I collect flying pigs...although i only have a few. i also "collect" makeup! And Christmas ornaments (but only specific series from Hallmark)

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rosebloom|1380669167|3530403 said:
I have a good amount of Waterford, my grandmother's silver pattern and many sets of china. So, I guess I collect tableware.

Oops - forgot about the vintage silverplate flatwear - but recently gave a set away, so I only have six or seven or eight sets, so that doesn't count, does it? And the sets I bought for my mother and two brothers (and SILs) don't count against me either, right?

It sure is a good thing I don't give in to the collector in me too often! :wink2:

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
Shoes! Christian Louboutin to be exact.
I also collect handbags (High-end designers). ;-)

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Another pig collector here although I only buy ones I absolutely love and I discourage anyone giving me any as gifts. In 20+ years of collecting, I only have ten or so, but I would miss not having them. My favorites are carved wood.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Snoopy, teddy bears, nail polish and purses.

ericad

Ideal_Rock
Trade
AprilBaby|1380667127|3530387 said:
ericad|1380602603|3529963 said:
Ahem...teddy bears dressed in costumes. Cough.

Picture? :Up_to_something:

Haha, no! But i really should try to incorporate them into our jewelry photos shoots, lol.

It started when DH worked for Neiman Marcus. For every holiday they would issue a small bear in a costume and before long it became a collection. Then Starbucks started making them too! But I haven't bought a new one in years. But I do love my teddy bears dressed in Halloween costumes, and my favorite is an Easter bear dressed as a carrot. So cute, and not at all weird!!! :)

Sakuracherry

Brilliant_Rock
I collect nail polishes even though I'm only allowed to wear pink and beige at work. Now I have a few bathroom shelves dedicated to nail polish bottles.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sakuracherry|1380689549|3530585 said:
I collect nail polishes even though I'm only allowed to wear pink and beige at work. Now I have a few bathroom shelves dedicated to nail polish bottles.

What fun! So do you sport colorful toenails?

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Swarovski CRystal figurines and Starbucks Mugs from every city we've visited.

nowicanseethemoon

Shiny_Rock
Yarn and fabric. I knit and quilt, but never seem to be able to use all that I buy (and I often find something "new and better" whenever I step foot in a store). My guy collects rifles and jadeite - what a combination huh.

Tanzigrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Designer purses and shoes

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't really collect anything, but my husband collects Santa statues, so I guess I collect them by default! We have quite the collection - Santa riding a polar bear, playing chess, playing golf, in his sleigh, jumping out of a computer, Santa in his workshop, Santa on a motorcycle - you get the idea. Our house at Christmas is filled with Santas, so I think his collection might be complete at this point. :cheeky:

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
Bunnies- lots and lots of bunnies since I was young- ceramic, glass, pottery, stuffed, jewelry, pictures-you get the idea :rolleyes: MacKenzie Childs ceramic and glassware, art, custom Blythe dolls, Herend animals, perfume, antique chintz china, handmade artist Santas,Muffy van der Bear Christmas ornaments, Patricia Green ornaments, hmmmm- I think I have a problem :lol:

Sakuracherry

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, I painted each of my toenails with different colors twice this year :naughty:

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the idea of the nail polish bottles. I wouldn't use most of them but a collection of colors would be as good as a collection of colored stones for me, and a whole lot cheaper!

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
AprilBaby|1380766642|3531236 said:
I like the idea of the nail polish bottles. I wouldn't use most of them but a collection of colors would be as good as a collection of colored stones for me, and a whole lot cheaper!

If you want great nail polish sign up for Julep. I signed up three months ago and have amassed quite a collection. They have you take a quiz to determine what maven type you are then send an email every month previewing your box of polish. You can decline or accept the delivery. I've taken every box so far. The first box is discounted. The polish is great quality.

http://www.julep.com/shop/new-arrivals.html

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
Sakuracherry|1380689549|3530585 said:

ah I forgot about this one! I suppose this counts. I have 2 wooden shelf racks with about 100+ polishes full... :halo: I love julep too woofmama! I enjoy their non-polish selections too, it's a nice chance to try new beauty products since I don't splurge on those myself usually.

joyluck

Rough_Rock
Gund Snuffles bears. Our spare bedroom is just for my 3 foot bear and all the littler ones have their own spots on various shelves, couches, mantles, etc. I've been collecting since I was in 2nd grade (my first one was given to me by my mom for Easter) and now that I can afford bears...it just doesn't stop. =)

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Last time we moved, it took 2 and 1/2 semi trailers to haul all our stuff. I'll tell you why:

Oh, lord. Reading through this thread, I have a ton of stuff that needs to move on to other PSers:
Cobalt bottle collection
Many, many books, usually with antique engravings or unusual illustrations
Old medicine bottles and packages
Thousands of Hallmark and Enesco Christmas ornaments (at one time I had 5 trees up)
Miniature books, especially tiny pop-up books

More things I used to collect that I've been selling:
Wooden swiss music boxes
Elaborate Enesco animated music boxes
Steiff mohair bears and animals, new and antique
Antique all bisque dolls
Mohair artist bears, including one that is as big as a 4 year old
Fiesta dishes
Blue and white dishes, cannisters, pitchers, with plenty of chips and love taps
Waterford crystal (the older cut work, not the new molded stuff)
Mid-century glassware, mostly Steuben and Kosta

And pretty much anything that I haven't seen before. I like unusual or pretty things, so I have some nouveau silver jewelry, Japanese ivory, antique dolls (wax, cloth, bisque), Marimekko tablecloths, on and on.

I've pretty much stopped collecting things (where would I put it?), and have started selling stuff on ebay. I need to get some money back and convert all this big stuff into tiny jewelry. :bigsmile:

ETA: I forgot to include Disney Classics Collection figures. I've since sold those, but I used to have a lot. :rolleyes:

Starting to think I may have a problem. :(sad

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oriental rugs and depression glass wine glasses. I currently have a storage space rented in my apartment building for just those two things. Packed full.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Books (although I haven't purchased a book in a long time)
Bath and Body Works scented lotions
Skin care stuff, especially masks and face washes/creams--I keep thinking I will find a miracle product but alas, no such luck!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
JewelFreak|1380631946|3530046 said:
Bills, bills, and more bills.
$100 bills?.. :appl:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
jaysonsmom|1380727209|3530743 said:
Me too!

dscn1974.jpg

dscn1965.jpg

dscn1969.jpg

dscn1963.jpg

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow Dancing Fire that is a beautiful collection!!

I dont collect anything...I dont have any desire to collect stuff and plus I already live with a hoarder in a fairly small house..lol there isnt any more room in our house.

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock
I collect Folio Society books. That's it, apart from jewellery. I'm quite minimalist and hate "stuff" everywhere.

ETA: Someone above listed skincare and makeup. I guess I'm guilty of that too, stocking up in the duty free every time I travel. I've got a large collection of Estee Lauder, Clarins, etc. I'm not sure I'll actually be able to use it all before it goes off.

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock
DF, that Swarovski collection is beautiful!! I especially love the piano.

I recently bought my first piece of Swarovski, a weighty clamshell with a crystal pearl inside. It's gorgeous.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Dancing Fire|1380864210|3531942 said:
Me too!

Awesome collection DF! I don't think my collection is quite as big as yours....Plus, I don't have them displayed currently :( They have been wrapped up and stored in our Bonus room ever since we moved 2 years ago. I'm going to dig them out this weekend!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
jaysonsmom|1380909906|3532206 said:
Dancing Fire|1380864210|3531942 said:
Me too!

Awesome collection DF! I don't think my collection is quite as big as yours....Plus, I don't have them displayed currently :( They have been wrapped up and stored in our Bonus room ever since we moved 2 years ago. I'm going to dig them out this weekend!
most of my collection is still at my dad's house. I have about 12 giant pieces + maybe like 100 medium size.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results