shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinion time - which would you set first?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Erinleigh, I originally bought these for the aqua, and some other stone, but now, seeing the aqua next to baguette/ECs, I''m worried it won''t be as pretty as I had imagined. I''m once again torn on whether it should go in a solitaire. Your comment makes me feel better about it, though.
1.gif

Brandy, the cinnamon is a weird little stone. It has a personality all it''s own, so I think you may be onto something. Thin pave looks gorgeous with that asscher diamond ring!
2.gif

LOL, AustenNut! I think you and I are totally on the same train of thought. Afghan and Amethyst . . .
9.gif

Mr. Ma Re, you confirmed what I was thinking. That aqua is going to be a pain in the butt to try and set because everything I envision for it is just wrong. Too pale for sizeable diamond accents, seems like it would get kind of lost in a halo, and I keep coming back to a solitaire for it.
3.gif

Thank you everyone for your input! I think I may wait until my Jeff White peridot gets here to make a final decision, but I think I''m leaning toward at least the Afghan for now, possibly in yellow gold. What do you guys think of that? Second choice is the amethyst for the moment, until Jeff finishes the peridot asscher.

Since you all are the only people I "know" who can appreciate this pic, here''s the whole loose collection.

IMG 5139a.jpg

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh be still my HEART!

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/4/2009 3:59:35 PM
Author: packrat
Oh be still my HEART!

I don''t think it could be said any better than that...

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You should make a crown!...or a Scepter! hehe.

Ever think about doing a multicolor necklace with some of those lovelies?

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Oh my....you are making my collection look small, and I got a lot of stones this year.

I like the amethyst the best.

I am considering that LOGR setting for the tourmaline in my aviator, so you have to put pics up when you get it and tell me what you think.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
I like the aqua best for 2 reasons:
1) the size ratio between center stone and baguettes is most pleasing to me
2) I think rather than what you said about the colors, the diamonds would actually emphasize the color of the aqua because of the contrast.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
What a heck of a dillema Lauren - wish I were in that quandry! I haven't read through all the comments, but the afghan and amythest are neck-and-neck for me. The color and size are commanding on both, and the others are either too small or too pale. I'll be interested in seeing your peridot too - I've been on a peridot kick lately.

Also, are you only modifying the center basket on the LOGR - the side stones will stay the same?

And in the rounds and pears shot, what is the round, pinkish-orange stone? Very nice color on that one!

Sorry, instead of being helpful, I just asked more questions.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
The afghan
30.gif
You have the most amazing collection
36.gif

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
What a great collection - a lot of very pretty stones.

Have you received the baguette setting yet? Is it good quality? I am considering it for some of my stones, but I wanted to be sure the diamonds are nice.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a totally awesome and lovely collection. I would have a difficult time figuring out what to set first as well. Keep us posted (and I know you will).
9.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lauren,
For me, it would be a toss up based on what color clothing you wear the most this upcoming season. I think they''re all on an equal plane as far as color is concerned. Quite a collection you have there!!

trishy

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/4/2009 3:59:35 PM
Author: packrat
Oh be still my HEART!
yes!!! be still my heart too!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
your collection is tdf...

i love the look of the amethyst next to the bags...
yummy, they all look just edible

AustenNut

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/4/2009 4:31:19 PM
Author: MakingTheGrade

Ever think about doing a multicolor necklace with some of those lovelies?

Ditto

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/4/2009 8:07:39 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover
Lauren,

For me, it would be a toss up based on what color clothing you wear the most this upcoming season. I think they''re all on an equal plane as far as color is concerned. Quite a collection you have there!!
^^ what she said.

-A

blithesome71

Shiny_Rock
Wow, what a stunning collection. Such a feast for the eyes
30.gif

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a great eye candy thread! As I was looking at all of your gorgeous rings.... I think you need a light blue or purple stone ring....so my vote would be for the Asscher Amethyst or Aqua! I totally love step cuts with step cut sides!! That cinny asscher is gorgeous too ....but it does need something around it to enhances it''s size!

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
I have not idea although the Amethyst asscher seems to stand out the most to me. I just want to say you have a gorgeous collection.
30.gif

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lauren- you''ve got plenty to choose from, what a great delimma
31.gif
hmmm, I''m liking the Gary Aqua
36.gif
Do you have any light blue rings?

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Both, Afghan and amethyst, would look great in YG.

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
The Peter Torraca amethyst
2.gif

That last picture is nuts.... But I am loving all the eye candy
9.gif

bling addict

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous collection! I vote for the amethyst
9.gif

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
I''m back to gawk at your pretties!
30.gif
I realized I never gave you an answer to your original question, cinnamon blew me away! In the baguette setting I''d be tempted to put the amethyst asscher and the pink/orange oval tourmaline that keeps catching my attention. You said you had two of that same ring coming to you, right?

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
My judgment has been shot because I''m in love with your cinnamon. I agree with MTG, though, that you should forgo all other jewelry and make a crown. And then wear it every, single, day.

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Wow, I thought I had a lot of unset stones but now I see that I don''t. :)

My vote would be to set the amethyst!

litebrite

Shiny_Rock
I like the color contrast between the baguettes and the Afghan or the Amethyst best but I think the aqua and baguettes have the best size relationship, but this could all change with the setting.

Since you have excellent taste in settings, I look forward to your final decision :) And thanks for the eye candy - you have an exhaustive collection of rings and gems!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Cinnamon Asscher!!!!!
9.gif

canada_ham

Shiny_Rock
your collection is stunning! so many beauties to choose from! i''m partial to the afghan since i love green
1.gif
but i also think a crown would be awesome!
9.gif
i can''t wait to see what you end up choosing!

litebrite

Shiny_Rock
Such an amazing color, and of course so beautifully cut! can''t wait to see it on a pendant.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/4/2009 3:31:12 PM
Author: LaurenThePartier

Since you all are the only people I ''know'' who can appreciate this pic, here''s the whole loose collection.
23.gif
30.gif

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/4/2009 3:31:12 PM
Author: LaurenThePartier

Since you all are the only people I ''know'' who can appreciate this pic, here''s the whole loose collection.
WOW WOW WOW

That is a beautiful collection. TFS!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results