shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinion time - which would you set first?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi all - I have 2 baguette settings waiting to be modified from LOGR, but I have no idea which 2 I want to set. Here are a few samples of stones with pretend baguettes next to them (colourless aquas).

First, the setting in question.

LOGRBaguetteSetting..jpg

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well, that didn''t work . . .

LOGRBaguetteSetting1.jpg.jpg

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
First up, my Gary Aqua. I had wanted to go with a solitaire, but think the tapered baguettes may be pretty. On the other hand, the diamonds may emphasize that it''s somewhat pale.

original.aspx

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
The Afghan - this sucker is huge for me at 9.25mm.

original.aspx

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
On the other side of the spectrum, my cinnamon tourmaline is about 5.5 mm.

original.aspx

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Peter Torraca Amethyst.

original.aspx

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
A 7x7 mm Rhodolite cushion I have hanging around . . .

original.aspx

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Any of the following?

original.aspx

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
original.aspx

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
original.aspx

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
original.aspx

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Cushions + asschers.

original.aspx

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Rounds + pears and a marquise.

original.aspx

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Closer on ECs.

original.aspx

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my goodness Lauren! So many gorgeous options!!
30.gif
but that cinnamon asscher
30.gif

I have to go with the cinnamon asscher, for some reason I just love that stone! Maybe I''m just ready for the upcoming fall season and the holidays...
9.gif

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Oh my goodness! How do you remember the names of all your babies??? What a beautiful collection!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haha, I can see why you''re having some difficulty, too many choices!!!

What is that pretty pink stone that is a oval/cushiony shape in the middle of your "any of the following?" photo? The color is so yummy!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks, Brandy - I''m seriously in love with that cinnamon tourmaline. I''m actually wondering if I should save it for a more special setting, but because it''s smaller, I think the baguettes may help it look more substantial? Do you think it will look better with the baguette setting, or halo, or solitaire? Maybe even step traps?

Swingirl - Pricescope has actually helped tremendously.
3.gif
I also try to remember to save an image with the whole name and stats of each stone. It''s the only way I can keep track!

MTG - thank you! That pink stone is a tourmaline, juist right at 1 ct. but a bit deep so it''s about 5.5mm x 6mm. Kind of small, but I really love the colour of it. I also think I''m all pink''d up. ;-) I''ll post pics of my ring collection, so far. Bear in mind, I''m setting a step cut cushion peridot right now, and have a peridot asscher from JW on the way!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
OK, coloured stone rings, so you can see what I have.

Gemrite Malaya, BB pink tourmaline, Gemrite pink tourmaline, BE pad.

original.aspx

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
BE Pad, AJS Spess, Madiera Citrine, IIRC it''s from MC.

original.aspx

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Peter Torraca Scapolite, EC Sapphire from AJS, BB Green tourmaline, cheapie blue topaz.

original.aspx

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Another cheapy blue topaz, EC sapphire, oval sapphire from my local jeweler, sapphire band.

original.aspx

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
BB Amethyst, white sapphire.

original.aspx

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good lord woman-what a collection! Makes me feel a little giddy looking at the pictures! Need to peruse a bit closer..back in a bit.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hmmm..I was going to say the Afghan since you just have the green tourmaline (which I adore and have saved in one of my folders hehe) but it''s so big-I wonder about having the baguette sides, would it be too ginormous?

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
LOL, Packrat!

I know. I''m so worried about the Afghan being too big on my finger. Let me see if I have a hand shot hanging around . . .

Erinleigh

Shiny_Rock
Wow!!! *picks jaw up off the ground*
That collection of yours is to die for! I''ve been wanting a cushion cut blue sapphire for a while but that EC one you have set in the halo might just make me change my mind!

In terms of what to set next, you seem to have a nice array already, with perhaps a few more of the reds/oranges than any of the other colours. That being said (or ignoring that statement completely, lol), I think that your first post with the aqua would be killer!! The proportions of the baguettes look great, so my choice would be that, with the amethyst in second!

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
I''d personally like to see the cinnamon set in a thin pave band.
30.gif

BUT I think it would look gorgeous with trap or trillion sidestones as well. It would just be more than I''d like an every day/casual ring and I wouldn''t be able to get much wear out of it but you might be able to rock it out more often.
31.gif

P10434203a.jpg

AustenNut

Brilliant_Rock
THUD.

Picking self off the floor.

Okay, wow. What a beautiful collection!

My mind is still a bit blown away, but from looking at the OODLES of set rings you have (no green-eyed monster here, I promise!) it appears as though you don''t have a dark green ring or any burgundyish-purple rings, though you do have loose stones in those colors. Though now that I look at your rings again, you don''t have any pale purple either and the amethyst with those baguettes looked beautiful. So I''d do one of those!

ma re

Ideal_Rock
I can tell you which ones I wouldn't set in it - aqua and cinnamon tourmaline, all others are fine if you ask me (and some are more than fine). BTW I was going to ask the same question as MTG, about that pretty pink tourmaline, looks really like something worht setting and enjoying. Beautiful color on that one. Oh and...can I come and play sometimes, you won't even know I'm there, I promise
9.gif

P. S. That gemrite pink tourmaline ring - wow!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results