shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Adding a photo from our hike. Nothing special sorry. In fact Greg took it while I was on the phone with Ann so I didn't even realize it. We were too busy hiking the rest of the time to take photos as we were on a time schedule to get back to meet with Ann.

Also adding a photo of a baby boxer we met friday afternoon while running errands. So adorable I couldn't resist getting out of the car and saying hello to him. Hello sweetheart. :love:

bayshoretrail.jpg

boxerpuppy.jpg

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
On the plane home. the dolphin as per request :) ;)) :)

2016-05-08_0.jpg

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The bird is an eagle owl :)

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Will be back shortly to catch up with everyone but here is my long story about shopping sapphire upgrades yesterday. Skip if you aren't interested. I had fun.

We headed to Denver as soon as I got around Saturday morning (Marty the insomniac was up, dressed and ready to go way earlier than me). It was a rainy, chilly day. I think it was about 40 in Denver.

We stopped at the first jewelry store and I had them clean and check everything while I pulled out my 3 possible upgrades and told them what I wanted. Marty was also looking for a new wedding band. He didn't like anything there so I can use his ring for a future upgrade sometime. :appl:

I was looking to upgrade my blue sapphire, upgrade my smallish orange-brown sapphire and get larger sapphire studs.

First they pulled out about 4 round and 2 oval blue sapphires and the ovals were okay but just didn't wow me. 2 of the 4 rounds were great color and cut; Marty liked the larger one I liked the smaller one so we went with the smaller one. I only went from a 1.56 carat 6.59 mm to 1.79 carat 6.94 mm but you could definitely see a size difference. Upgrade price $760.

Then we went through maybe 10 sapphires to replace the orange sapphire. It was a 1.30 carat 6 mm round. I liked some of the Kentucky blue stones they pulled out but as Marty pointed out I do have a lot of blue jewelry already. I really liked something they were calling a fire sapphire - it's kind of red-orange; a very pretty color but the largest size they had was not even quite a 6x4 mm oval so I passed.

Then they pulled out a pair of 5mm studs that were "ew" so I passed on those too. I paid for my one sapphire upgrade and we were off.

Next we hit another jeweler who had that golf ball ring in stock. Sadly it wasn't a very hefty (thick) band. We were kind of disappointed in it because the picture made it look really thick. We both thought it was thin enough it would bend pretty easy playing golf or lifting weights. Marty ended up getting a pretty hefty band that is 11 mm on his finger. I'll post an online photo of what he got.

Then we went to the other location in Denver where I can do upgrades and the guy who worked with me was fabulous. I ended up getting a 2.13 carat yellow sapphire (6.96 x 6.9 mm square cushion). The price difference on that was $1340. It is really a fiery stone and bright sunny yellow. Today I am thinking it was too big for the setting I am putting it in and wonder if I will like it but I liked it yesterday so I am sure it's fine. That's typical of me.

Then he brought me a fabulous pair of 5mm round sapphire studs and I immediately said sold. They were in WG screwbacks so I left them to be mounted in YG friction backs. Price difference $375.00

Are you getting the idea I like upgrade prices. I feel like I am stealing with 3 fabulous pieces of jewelry at that price. Without those upgrades I wouldn't have upgraded my studs and maybe got one of those sapphires for a ring.

The second place had this gorgeous oval pale pink sapphire with peach highlights. I absolutely loved it but it wouldn't have looked good in platinum so I resisted that beauty. Maybe some other time.

I should get everything either this coming Friday or the following Monday.

Then we had supper at a Yard House. It was pretty good. I ate 1/2 my burger and then we split a trio dessert but I cleaned out the peach / apple cobbler bowl. I labeled that one "MINE". Marty ate some of the creme brulee and chocolate souffle and when he came back for another bite of cobbler I sure heard about so much for sharing dessert. Ha! I love warm cobbler.

Then we stopped at Golf Galaxy and Marty ended up ordering a new set of clubs. He wasn't going to after spending so much on his wedding band - I said we didn't come to Denver today to save money.

This puts us good with Christmas, Birthday and Anniversary gifts through 2233. :lol:

We got home about 8:30. That shopapalooza wore me out; I felt like it was 2 am. I actually slept in until almost 8 today.

Today I am working on laundry. I picked up some two toned roses and took them to the cemetery. Marty is making us basically a since serving size of lasagna for supper. He is setting an example for sticking to his diet. It is making me better for sure.

Have a great Sunday.
Marcy

screen_shot_2016-05-07_at_0.png

bluesapp.jpg

yellowsap.jpg

yellowsap2.jpg

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love the dolphin pic, Scandi, and I hope the trip home is uneventful :wavey:

Missy, such a sweet sweet boxer pup, I know boxers bring memories to you :saint:

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy, I love Marty's ring, smashing!!! And you know I love love love quality colored stones and those are gorgeous, can't wait for the hand shots.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs! Happy Mother’s Day!

Missy, thank you for the info on Progressive; I’ve worn them for quite a few years and these are kind of messed up. I hope to go in tomorrow. Your security system at the beach house sounds fabulous. It’s good you can monitor and do so many things remotely with your system; since you aren’t there all the time I know it gives you guys piece of mind that things are okay there. Your dream earrings are beautiful. I hope you find another pair of them. I’ll keep my eye open for them. I also read your lovely poem again. That is so special to me. Thank you again. I am sure Sammy will be back - your kitty condo has been Sammy’s home. That is awesome that Ann is going to adopt one of Sprite’s kitties. Great photo from your ride and cut boxer.

Sharon, those fires are so awful and from what I read online they could double in size. Such an awful travesty for those people who are displaced and those who have lost their homes.

Junebug, I am kind of rethinking these glasses. They aren’t focusing well for my laptop and since I’ve been on it quite a bit today I have a headache. I had to make the text larger to read. Grr. Sadly it is rainy and chilly here. Did you and your family spend today with your mom?

Kristie, that stinks you had to return some lenses 7 times; how frustrating. I think I have the same situation going on here where the optical shop didn’t bother to check if they are right. I know the mark up on contacts and lenses is ridiculous. Marty’s ring is pretty nice. He narrowed it down to 3 things - one was cobalt with some gold inlay on it that looked like wood, he liked the uniqueness of it. The ring we got and they gave him a custom price for the golf ring but with a thicker band. He was struggling with paying that much for a ring (he wouldn’t bat an eye if it was a watch) but they knocked almost a $1000 off the price and I reminded him he would tell me to get the one I want not the one that is cheaper.

Scandinavian, it looks like you had a fabulous vacation. Gorgeous view and beautiful dresses. Nice. Terrific shot of you with the dolphin.

Jimmianne, your ring is looking fabulous. That was very nice of you to be patient on your ring telling Tony to focus on his competition piece first. I hate to hear your back is worse. I hope the message therapist can help. I am sorry to hear Gypsy isn’t getting better yet. That is too bad she is resisting getting the eye drops. I am sending both of you mega get better dust. Your Lego project sounds fun.

Rainwood, I love the picture of Nina as a puppy. LOL at gardening naked. Doesn’t sound pleasant to me either. Glad to hear your Cinco de Mayo dinner went well and woo hoo for no hangover. Darn it that you have to avoid gluten. I am very hard to cook for because of all my food allergies. The bunnies and bears are behaving this weekend so far but I still owe those rabbits $40. Stupid bets.

I also got a Bronco’s bracelet yesterday. Marty bought it for me with his ring. It’s fresh water pearls died Broncos blue with orange crystals. It is fun and I can wear it during Broncos game.

Take care.
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

Scandinavian, hope you had a safe flight back and loved all the photos. Thank you for sharing! What a fabulous trip getting to swim and kiss the dolphins and enjoy all the other wildlife. :love: :appl:

Marcy, you already know I love your newest loot. What a great purchase for you and Marty. :love:
Glad you enjoyed my poem for you girls. Thank you for reading it I know it was really long. :lol:
Please keep me posted on what happens with the glasses. That is frustrating and I know you will find a happy resolution but what a hassle to have to go through all of this both you and Marty.
Fun your Bronco bracelet, enjoy!

Rainwood, how was your weekend? Hope you had fun at your Cinco de Mayo celebration despite a few mishaps. Sounds like everyone had a great time. If you need recipes for gluten free let me know and I will see what I can find. It isn't too hard nowadays since so many people do have gluten sensitivities and many products are now made in GF versions.

Kristie, yes you know I love the boxers. But I love all the dogs. And one day I hope to have a few rescue dogs in addition to our kitties. :love: What can I say? I prefer animals to *most* people. Present company excluded of course!

Hope all the NIRDIs had a good Mother's Day weekend. And I hope all your loved ones showed you how much they appreciate and love you!!!
Looks like we are staying here today and overnight so we can get a bike riding day in at least today since we didn't go this whole weekend. It means I am missing my derm appointment tomorrow AM but right now there is no pressing reason for me to go. It's not like he does that much for me anyway truthfully and it always costs $350 and up so it will be nice to save that money this month LOL.

Saving the best news for last. I was heartbroken as Sammy did not show up for food at all the rest of the day Saturday or all day Sunday and I was beside myself with worry. Well, Greg checked the security cameras overnight and she turned up this morning around 4:45 AM WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

Thank you all for keeping me company yesterday and reassuring me while I was stressing out so badly about this. You are all the best. (((HUGS))).

Quick question and I don't know if there is a right answer here but wanted to get your very wise advice...Ann is planning on coming here Wednesday/Thursday to try trapping Squirt, Fresca and Dr Pepper. BUT that means we have to remove food again early Wed AM for a couple of days while she is trying to trap. Sammy is still quite skittish and very concerned that if she sees the trap again she will never return this time. She is still traumatized.

IDK what to do. I don't want to risk not getting the other ferals TNRd because let's face it a nightmare it would be to have dozens more kittens roaming about. But is it fair to risk Sammy's well being if she is too traumatized and never returns if she sees the trap again? And that food is taken away again?

I wish Ann could have done all the cats at the same time but no sense wishing for what didn't happen. That's over and done with and now I need to know...go through with the trapping this week or put it on hold till next month or beyond as Ann only does one set a month or less. I am leaning towards taking the risk and letting her go ahead with the TNR of the rest of our ferals if she is willing to (depending on the latest situation with the feral kitties she found in the middle of the road on Saturday) but just wanted your input.

Sammy was the first feral I started feeding and my heart goes out to her. I wish I could take away her fear and keep her safe and warm and well fed. I wish I could take her in and make her a domestic house kitty but I know she would never tolerate that.

OK that's it for my never-ending posts today. Appreciate any and all thoughts.
Have a good Monday and cheers from the beach. :wavey:

sammysightingyay.jpg

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, first of all I'm so glad Sammy made an appearance and is doing well, that's so great! :appl: As for doing the trapping now, this is a tough one but I'm leaning towards just going through with it now and see if you can just get this over with. Sammy is going to see the traps at some point anyway so you'll have to deal with this sooner or later. There's really no good time to do it if you think about it. If Ann has time now maybe you should just take advantage of it. The sooner these kitties can be spayed/neutered the better. Sorry for all the stress involved with this process. (((hugs)))

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

First I’d like to apologize for listing my upgrade price differences yesterday. I decided that wasn’t a smart or nice thing to do but it was too late to edit it. I hope you didn’t take it as I was bragging or something like that. I was so excited by what my end results cost me versus what they’d cost me new.

Missy, anything worth reading like you poem is worth reading twice. Yesterday I put on my old glasses about 6 pm because I was getting a headache from the not being able to see my iPad or laptop very well. I think I’ll give these until Saturday. That’s great Sammy showed up on the security camera this morning. That is a tough call about the food and traps this week but as Junebug said maybe it’s better to just get it over with. I think Sammy will continue to come back. You are doing more for those kitties than anyone else would so try not to stress (easier said than done) about things you can’t prevent from happening.

Junebug, is the DH’s family GTG next weekend? I can’t remember when ti was for sure. I hope it turns out to be fun getting everyone together.

I slept in until about 7 today and looked at Mercury crossing in front of the Sun first thing. It took it hours and hours so I kept going back about every 45 minutes. I helped Marty set up a security camera on our bottom deck and then we went to lunch. I had an Italian margarita with lunch; that was tasty.

We ran out to Ford to see what options there were to lower the pickup and got to talking about electric steps. A step comes down when you open the door. It’s 6” wide so it is really a decent width to spin around on making it easier for me to get out of the truck. When you shut the door they go away. They will actually give Marty more clearance because his current step be removed. We came home and took the truck back to them and it should be done tomorrow. NICE! That will make it easier for short / bad kneed Marcy to get in and out of the truck.

I’d best do something so I am not a total lazy slug today.

Have a great day.
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Snacks wearing my Broncos bracelet and checking out the Mercury transit.

Marcy

imageuploadedbytapatalkhd1462828358.jpg

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just here a sec to say
Marcy....
Not bragging. Just interesting. thank you for sharing. Discussing costs on PS is very OK!
but
I only consider $$$ bragging when someone says they are looking for a 200k diamond LOL

hugs to all
back to the salt mines.

love from
The Lurker

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Jimmianne. I can't imagine spending 200K on a ring.

Marcy

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi, all!

Missy, so glad that Miss Sunny was back at the feeding station! I hoped she would. And I agree it's a tough decision on the scheduling of the next TNR. It's tough to decide what to do, but I lean slightly toward doing the next TNR as soon as Ann can do it. It's a risk either way. And Ann sounds like such a wonderful person to do all this. It's so wonderful she's willing to devote so much time to ferals.

Scandi, love the dolphin. And funny about the owl. I thought it was an owl, and then saw the tether so figured it was a falcon. My ignorance about birds is showing! Glad you had a good trip.

Marcy, what a lovely bling trip. Both you and Marty got wonderful items and talking about the prices didn't seem arrogant to me. I really like his ring. It's different and cool. And an astronomical bear is so cute.

Jimmianne, love the Lego project. It's nice to have a distraction that patiently waits until you need it. I have a super hard jigsaw puzzle (a map of San Francisco surrounded by water - what was I thinking)! But I'm really interested in watching your bling work in progress. How fun!

Kristi, thanks for the compliment on Nina. She was a good-looking girl.

Sharon, my fingers are crossed that they get that terrible fire under control and out. Nature can be so destructive.

Mother's Day was quiet for me as I'm not a mother and mine is gone. Was kind of in a funk, and decided I needed to snap out of it today. I can't choose what happens, but I can choose how I deal with it. I'm okay with being in a funk and sad for awhile, but only for a few days. So today was a day I chose to get back on track.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rainwood, I found your comment very interesting.
We DO chose how to deal with things. I feel sometimes as though I get lost and forget that one can chose. Thanks for the reminder.
I hope you are feeling more chipper now. I like your resolve.

I made ALL my travel reservations yesterday. It seemed like such a huge hurdle, getting down to the details like train times, etc.
and it is quite a relief to have the planning done. Between trip angst and my DD I have not been sleeping well and in this state of exhaustion get fearful that I will not be in good shape mentally for the trip, but at least now I have a "map" of the trip.
All I have to do is show up!
I am staying in Paris [Montparnasse near the train station] 3 nights in an Airbnb to get some R&R, then take the train to the Loire Valley, rent a car and stay 2 weeks at the B&B of a woman I met at Christmas. Then a week at another Airbnb in the town of Montsoreau where I would consider living some day. Then back to the airport to the hotel I stayed in last time -then home! So, not totally unfamiliar territory. I will sacrifice any major tourist activities this time to have a quiet, stable time enjoying the day-to-day regular life.

Missy, after this trip I think I will have the confidence to visit you in the Big Apple : )
You have such a tender heart I know it must be hard to deal with causing the ferals any stress. Soon it will be accomplished and then hopefully you can enjoy your little pride of lions and pat yourself on the back every time you see them. Over time their ordeal will fade for them and life will be back to normal at the kittycondo feeding station. I agree that it's tricky to stop feeding and have the trap there. ugh. updates, please.
How cool that your bike is an equal opportunity exerciser.

Marcy, I know! I wonder what ever happened with that older gentleman with the young fiance? He was going to spend 200k on a heart-shaped diamond.
I can think of so many other things I would want to spend 200k on, diamond addict or not. lol
It's so exciting to hear what you can see [Mercury crossing the sun - how do you look at that?!]
What kind of telescope do you have at home. Is it user friendly? I have had two and both were a pain. It would be great to get an expert opinion.

Scandi, thank you for sharing all your trip photos. You look so beautiful and glam in those dresses and I love the photo with the sweet dolphin. Are you back on project now and working on your addition?

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello girls and good morning! :wavey:
I'm back, lol. We had a wonderful trip, I have tried to read your posts, but I'm afraid I might have missed a few things, and if you have asked something and I do not respond, please ask again!!
Yesterday was a family birthday, so I basically spent the day cooking and baking in addition to walking the dog, she was a bit down and needed some attention, she hates that I leave her. She is a bit like a child that way, she needs extra time with mommy to make up for hugs lost when I'm away.. lol... don't know if she or I are the worst...

As you probably figured, we had a lot of fun. Eating at nice restaurants, going to a dolphin show and a "birds of pray" show, swimming in the hotel pool and at the beach. A bit cold in the ocean, but the children don't mind - I don't think they even noticed, lol, they were so exited. The dolphins were so nice and gentle and put on a spectacular show. You could easily tell that they were very close to their trainers. When they jumped extra high, the "star of the show" even demanded a hug in addition to the fish treat, lol. The children got to touch them also, a big adventure for them :)

Missy, I do think it is good to avoid having more feral kitties - so yes. I do think you are doing the right trapping them. You are so good at writing poems!!

Jimmianne, I so look forward to seing the finished ring!!! And I really hope you are feeling better. Who knew driving a tractor could be such a workout you get injured?? Hugs!!

Marcy, you are the sweetest. No worries re mentioning money and prices. This is PS. I took it for useful information, not bragging. LOVE the pictures of the bling :)

Rainwood, I really do think you should buy a new dog at some point. You have so much love to give and are such a nice person. I'm so so so sorry that you have lost Nina. I totally understand how much you must miss her.

Sharon, any good news re the wildfires?

Azstonie, no stuffed animals, I promise!! :) :lol: :lol: :lol: I hate stuffed animals, and I know what you mean. Some mountain hotels have that particular decorating scheme and it is so horrible! Looks like the home of a troll...

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls! Feels like Monday to me for some reason.

Junie, thank you. I needed to hear that and yes it is probably for the best. Thank you all you girls for weighing in with that advice. Not sure if Ann is going to be able to trap the rest of them this go around or not because she emailed me yesterday saying she might only be able to trap one of mine this time because she is going to try trapping the rest of those sick kitties she saw in the middle of the road this past Sunday. That is disappointing that she might not be able to get mine this time or at most one of mine as I don't love this repetitive back and forth of removing the food etc. It causes more stress to the ferals but again it is out of my control and she is doing so much for all the ferals.

What are your plans for the week? I know soon you are going to the beach house. I cannot believe it is only a few more weeks till Memorial Day weekend. How is your mother doing? Is she getting excited about the move to your home? How is the mini renovation in preparation for her arrival going?

Marcy! Please there is no need to apologize at all. I loved reading (and hearing) all about your blingy adventures this past weekend and I also like hearing about prices and other details as I bet most of us do. It is helpful during our bling adventures as well. It in no way shape or form came across as bragging so just put that out of your mind OK? Very excited for you to receive all your goodies soon and pleased Marty went for the ring. Love the Broncos bracelet on Snacks. Looks like it was made for him. :bigsmile:

I know you will straighten out the progressive glasses mess this weekend and you will soon be seeing clearly and comfortably. Thanks for not minding me being bossy last night about your safety while wearing them. 8)

Jimmianne, is it bad that I can imagine spending 200K on a diamond? :devil: Of course I cannot afford to but I sure can imagine it. :lol: It would be one big bad beautiful diamond. That I can promise you. But if we had that kind of really disposable income it would all go to homeless animals first of course. No question.

I am glad all your travel reservations are complete and I am confident you will have a great time. And looking forward to your eventual visit to me too. :appl:

Rainwood, I love your attitude...or should I say catitude because that is how our kitties deal with things too-they make the best of it. I need to remind myself of this more. Cannot control everything but I can control how I react and feel to the situations. Must internalize that more. I am sorry Mother's Day brought sad memories and feelings for you. You have been through so much these past few years Rainwood so please don't be hard on yourself for feeling down. I like that you will allow yourself to feel whatever you feel and then you will feel better and stronger. And while I know we are all far away you are in our thoughts and we are here for you for support and love. And however else we can be.(((HUGS))).

Sharon, thinking of you and your fellow Canadians and hoping things are calming down and everyone is safe.

Scandinavian, love the pics and glad your sweet dog is happy you are back home to her. Glad the kids had a fantastic time with you on vacation. Looking forward to hearing how your construction is going.

Callie, your niece looked beautiful. A beautiful bride. Glad you had a good time.

Kristie, I want you to have that dream double bypass OEC ring so badly. Somehow I feel we will make it happen at some point in the future...I have a feeling.

LLJsmom, what more can I say but I am excited and almost jumping out of my skin LOL. No matter what you decide I am excited for the possibilities. What more can I say but :love: :love: :love: No pressure though! Like I said take your time and don't stress. I don't think you have any chance of risk here considering who you are dealing with. Enough said.

We enjoyed a fun bike ride yesterday despite the high winds. It was mainly West/Southwest so not too bad though when we were traveling over the bridges it was a bit dicey. The weather is rarely perfect here for cycling so we make the best of it. Haven't been able to cycle much this spring so far at all. This was only the 3rd time we got to go out cycling and here we are mid May. Once again the upcoming weekend doesn't look good for cycling. But remaining Zen about it. We will enjoy our time together no matter what we are doing. :))
We are heading back to NYC today. Sad our "weekend" is over and even extended it goes too fast. :!:
Have a good day! :wavey:

Leaving you with a thought today :halo: ...

jewelrybecauserosesdieandchocolategoesstraighttothehips.jpg

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Forgot to tell you: the construction project is going so fast! I'll try to take a picture tonight to show you. It is amazing to see the day by day progress! Thank you so much for your support and your interest!! I think you will get very bored with our extension before we are finished, so I'm going to take advantage and post a lot of pictures before you start complaining, LOL.

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Missy, glad you got some cycling in. And thanks for the offer of GF recipes. I'm interested in getting any of your favorites. I dropped off my car to be serviced (quick oil change and computer upgrade) and ended up going into a bookstore and found a GF cookbook by the woman who started the Against the Grain bakery. ATG makes the only GF bread that doesn't taste like drywall to me so I'm looking forward to trying some of her recipes. I'll have to make a shopping list though because she does call for some things I don't have. I hate to buy all these different flours and assorted other things because they're likely to go bad before I can use them up. I bought some golden flaxseeds for a recipe and they went rancid really fast. Maybe I need to keep some of this stuff in the refrigerator/freezer?

Jimmianne, I'm excited for your France trip. It sounds like it will be enriching on a personal level and give you a better idea of what living there would be like. I don't know the backstory. Are you thinking of living there because you've always wanted to or because your DD is going to move there? I don't mean to be nosy so don't answer if you'd prefer not to.

Scandi, glad you and the family had a good time in the sun. I don't know where Gran Canaria is, but it looks lovely. And it's good to hear the addition is moving along quickly.

I've had a good day today. I got more accomplished by noon than I did most of last week. Even called on a life insurance claim and dealt with a bank, two of my least favorite things because they always take so much time. Both went smoothly though, which is a refreshing change. And bought season tickets to the ballet. I've missed going these last few years and they have a really good season coming up (all "modern") and one of my friends is interested in going and is like me - willing to pay for great seats. I like to be right in the middle so I can see the choreography straight on. I'm not OCD on much, but I like to sit dead center for dance.

Oh, and just so everyone knows I can be a not so terrific person, I will admit that I did not call my MIL to wish her a happy mother's day or go to see her. She's almost deaf, she's not my mother, we've had a less than close relationship over the years, and I usually call only when I'm trying to arrange to see her because it's hard to have a conversation. And I didn't want to go see her. I just saw her 10 days ago for her birthday (94), there were road closures this weekend that made traffic terrible, and most important of all, I didn't feel like it. If she's not bugging me about religion, it's something else. She left 2 not very nice voice messages on Monday because she thought her son (my BIL) had called, she couldn't get hold of him, thought something bad had happened to him, and insisted I do something. HE LIVES IN ANOTHER STATE. I wasn't worried because he's a busy guy and almost impossible to reach. I texted him to call her and left a voice mail saying the same. I knew I was rewarding bad behavior, but needed him to turn off the mom alert because otherwise she would keep leaving urgent messages on my landline. He called her back, and she'd gotten confused thinking her phone showed she'd missed his call when actually it showed he'd called on Mother's Day and they'd talked. This kind of thing happens a lot with her.

I refused to call her back on Monday because I knew if I did, she'd ask for my cell phone number again which I've refused to give her because I know she'd call over and over again when she got fixated on something, without regard to me having a job, a life, and other obligations. When she wants something, she wants it right now and it's only gotten worse as she's gotten older. And I don't want the guilt of pushing the slider to "Dismiss." One of the few gifts of losing Michael is I don't have to coax him into calling her or both of us going to see her because he didn't like to do it either. Now, I see her for dinner once a month. No more, no less. That's all I can handle. And she's in assisted living plus she has a full-time caregiver to look after her so if something happens, that person will call my BIL first, and if he's not available, then me. I've done my time (40 years of it) and put myself on parole. Whew, that was a rant! Apparently, I still do feel a little guilty about it!

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
marcy|1462826916|4029443 said:
Hi NIRDIs!

First I’d like to apologize for listing my upgrade price differences yesterday. I decided that wasn’t a smart or nice thing to do but it was too late to edit it. I hope you didn’t take it as I was bragging or something like that. I was so excited by what my end results cost me versus what they’d cost me new.

Missy, anything worth reading like you poem is worth reading twice. Yesterday I put on my old glasses about 6 pm because I was getting a headache from the not being able to see my iPad or laptop very well. I think I’ll give these until Saturday. That’s great Sammy showed up on the security camera this morning. That is a tough call about the food and traps this week but as Junebug said maybe it’s better to just get it over with. I think Sammy will continue to come back. You are doing more for those kitties than anyone else would so try not to stress (easier said than done) about things you can’t prevent from happening.

Junebug, is the DH’s family GTG next weekend? I can’t remember when ti was for sure. I hope it turns out to be fun getting everyone together.

I slept in until about 7 today and looked at Mercury crossing in front of the Sun first thing. It took it hours and hours so I kept going back about every 45 minutes. I helped Marty set up a security camera on our bottom deck and then we went to lunch. I had an Italian margarita with lunch; that was tasty.

We ran out to Ford to see what options there were to lower the pickup and got to talking about electric steps. A step comes down when you open the door. It’s 6” wide so it is really a decent width to spin around on making it easier for me to get out of the truck. When you shut the door they go away. They will actually give Marty more clearance because his current step be removed. We came home and took the truck back to them and it should be done tomorrow. NICE! That will make it easier for short / bad kneed Marcy to get in and out of the truck.

I’d best do something so I am not a total lazy slug today.

Have a great day.
Marcy

Marcy, you're a total bragger and show off and the worst one on SMTB, we can hardly stand to post in the same thread as you!!! :lol: :D :loopy:

Shoot, sometimes the most amazing piece of info on a buy is what kinda deal WAS it??? Seriously!!!! I learned from your post that a trade-up policy is a MUST. Thank you for schooling us, Mrs Moneybags!!!!!

Love ya, Marcy!

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, so so glad to see Mlle Sammy!! :wavey: :love:

Now. Please gather all the *female* cats close so we can have The Talk:
Just. Meow. No.
When a handsome bad-boy tomcat comes calling, just meow No! Tell him HE can birth and raise a litter with no regular food budget! And remember, if that OrangeMan they call The Donald gets elected, it'll be punishments for just us girls and where did Mr. Handsome go?????

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Glad you and your family are home safely, Scandi :wavey: Regarding your sweet dog, I find that bacon really heals all emotional wounds :lickout:

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jimmianne/Candy: Sounds like a great itinerary, you go, girl :appl:

Regarding anxiety---You are only 'allowed' to think about this exact moment. Thinking about the past brings depression. Thinking about the future brings anxiety. Try to keep your head out of both spots.

Of course, this is for me, not you!!!

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rainwood, a bank and insurance company IN THE SAME DAY?

I bow to you, you are The Woman!!!!

Re your MIL and Mother's Day: She uses you as an employee, you act like one :bigsmile:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hiya nirdis!

Missy, thanks for the offer to help and the good wishes for a smooth transition! I have a feeling I'll be leaning on you guys a little in the next month or so, so I'll apologize in advance! We're making progress with getting things set up (except for those darn doors lol) and we should be all set soon. I don't know if I'd say my mother is excited - she seems ok with coming, although I can't shake the feeling she's not all that happy about it. I don't know, it's hard to get a read on how she feels about things but at least she doesn't seem completely against it.

LOVE your Mother's Day poem!! :appl: I was truly touched by it and I've read it several times. It's really good! Thank you so much!

Pretty hiking pic, and that boxer is just adorable!!! :love: And your quote about jewelry is very funny and very true! :D

Such great news that Ann is going to adopt one of the kittens! :clap:

Kristie, hopefully we'll be able to make it to SC at some point this summer, my sister said she would come and stay with my mother but we just have to work out the timing.

Scaninavian, I'm so glad you had a wonderful beach getaway! Love all your pics, you look fabulous in the dress you posted! The dolphin and owls pics are so fun to see. Looks like a really lovely resort, I'll bet it's hard going back to the real world lol. I'm glad the construction project is moving quickly, very exciting! And please post lots of pics, I really enjoy seeing the process unfold and the progress you're making!

Jimmianne, I was so excited to see pics of your ring in progress! Omigosh it's going to be stunning, I cannot wait! :dance: I'm so sorry your back is still bothering you. And I hope poor Gypsy's eye improves soon, give her a nice big comforting pet from me. Love your lego model! That kitchen is so cute. I have always loved doll houses and miniatures. It sounds like a wonderful way to shut out the world for a while, I'm glad you're enjoying it. And that's great that your plans for your trip are all in place! I'm sure it takes some stress and pressure off you to know everything is set. I think you're so smart to downplay the sight-seeing and focus on relaxing and just enjoying everyday life in France. Sorry to hear you're having some sleep issues, I hope it gets better for you soon.

Marcy, I'm so excited about your sapphire upgrades, I can't wait to see them set! They are both such beautiful gemstones, you made excellent choices :love: Sounds like such a fun day! I know what you mean about being exhausted, I get really tired too when I shop - must be the letdown from the adrenaline rush lol. Marty didn't make out too badly either! I really like the ring he chose a lot, it looks great. And my goodness, don't worry a bit about mentioning prices! I honestly didn't think a thing about it, and was really glad you made out so well. I enjoyed hearing about your bling -buying adventures! Ok, that electric step sounds very cool! It will make it so much easier to get in and out. My husband drives an SUV that's high off the ground and I have to literally pull myself up and jump in, it's very awkward lol.

Rainwood, love the pic of Nina; big hugs to you, I know it's so hard. Sorry to hear you need to go back to a GF diet but it's worth it if will help you feel your best. There are lots of options and recipes these days for GF. Your Cinco de Mayo dinner sounds like it went really well despite the slight cheese mishap! Thanks so much for your good wishes and support, it means a lot - and you are right, I'm kind of worn out mentally from it! I'm glad to hear you're in better spirits - you've been through so much and it's understandable that you have days where you're feeling down. Please know we nirdis are always here for you whenever you feel you need support and comfort! Good for you for making those calls - so hard to pick up the phone but it feels great to have it over with! I have a few I've been putting off myself :oops: So glad to hear about your plans for the ballet! Sounds like fun and I totally understand wanting good seats, that makes all the difference in the experience.

And FWIW I think it's fine you didn't call your MIL! I think we are at a point in our lives where once in a while it's ok to put ourselves first and just do what makes us comfortable - Much of our lives has been spent doing for others and I think we've earned the right to think of ourselves from time to time. I'm glad you vented, it helps and as I said I don't think you should feel the least bit guilty!

Guess I'll sign off for now, see you all soon!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Rainwood, we did have a nice shopping trip. Marty’s ring is really cool; makes me want a big fat band. Hugs to you having a down day on Mother’s Day. Those special days are hard for sure. I like that you allow yourself time to be in a funk and sad for a while then decide it’s time to snap out of it. You are so right we can’t choose what happens but can choose how we deal with it. Those are very wise words. I hope you are feeling more upbeat now. That’s great you got season tickets for the ballet; it sounds like you really enjoy that. Don’t feel guilty about your MIL she’s not your mother and as you said you put in your 40 years. It seems the older people get the more selfish and demanding they get which I suppose is kind of natural. Marty’s grandmother was like that and if he’d ignore her calls then I’d call her back and then listen to her crap or rant about something. At that time we only had one caller ID in the house and the phone would ring and he’d see it was her and say “If’s for you!”. The Brat. If Marty wouldn’t go over as quickly as she wanted for something she’d call Marty’s parents and tell them. It would be something stupid like a battery needed changing in a clock. I think seeing her about once a month is enough.

Jimmianne, good deal you have your trip all mapped out now. It sure sounds like you have a lot of great plans. Sorry to hear you aren’t sleeping well, I hope you start getting a good night sleep soon. If they guy did buy a 200K heart diamond I would LOVE to see it. We have a PST Coronado solar telescope. It is only good for looking at the Sun but it is awesome. The key to telescopes is a very sturdy mount / tripod. If that is wobbly it is hard to find things. A scope that is no longer made but a great beginner’s scope is the Edmund Astroscan; it’s a little 4” scope that looks like a big red ball with a tube. I have an Astroscan and a 6” reflector telescope. Marty has a 20” reflector scope and a pair of giant binoculars made out of 2 ten inch mirrors. How is your back doing? I hope it’s better. How is Gypsy’s eye?

Scandinavian, I am glad you had a fabulous trip. Is your fur baby doing better now that have been spending time with her? A family birthday sounds really fun. Glad to hear the construction project is coming along well.

Missy, Marty’s ring is really nice; I can’t wait for him to get it. I keep reminding him not to lose the ring he has now; I can trade that sucker in for a new ring. Snacks is enjoying wearing my Broncos bracelet. It fits him perfectly. My vision is better with my glasses today but I still think they are a bit out of what as far as the progressive. I appreciate your concern about my safety. Glad you got out for a bike ride before heading back to the city. I love the jewelry quote. It’s perfect.

Kristie, thank you for telling me like it is. :lol: I’m glad you guys tolerate me here. I love the talk you want to have with the feral cats. I like what you said about only thinking about what’s going on in your life now. Good idea!

Junebug, I am relieved to hear your mother isn’t giving you a hard time about moving in with you. I hope the move goes smoothly. I can hardly wait until my rings and earrings arrive. That store has some nice stuff and now that I know what I want and what I am looking for it doesn’t take me long to decide. They pull something out and more often than not I say “no” or sometimes “SOLD.” The electric step is fabulous. They had me try it out tonight and it was so easy for me to get in and out so I told them it was worth every penny. I highly recommend them.

Thank you ladies for not thinking my money talk was a bad thing. I am sure anxious to get my new pieces of jewelry.

I had Uber Marty take me to work today since Ford had his truck. When Marty was on his way to pick me up I called and they said the truck wasn’t back yet. We were about 1/2 way home and Ford called and said the truck was there and ready to pick up. They washed it for us and everything. The guy who helped us was a good buddy of my dad’s so he wanted me to try it out and make sure the step would work for me. He keeps telling me I can bring my Audi out and they’ll wash it for free too so I should take him up on that. Next car appointed needs to be for my car. It is vibrating when I step on the brakes. Hopefully it’s not a curb incident or I’ll never hear the end of that.

Have a great day.
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

Rainwood, A favorite gluten free dessert my friend loves is to peel, slice and nuke an apple
with lemon and cinnamon. Top with plain yogurt or ice cream. Not sure if you are remaining DF but if you are of course you can skip the ice cream or add a non dairy ice cream. So Delicious Dairy Free has been highly recommended here.
My girlfriend says this dessert better than apple pie! (And she's a true foodie so if she says that it means something)

And I know you know this already but any recipe can be adapted to gf. Just omit the flour or use rice flour instead. We don't use flour or bread crumbs in cooking anymore. My gf recommends Canyon as her favorite gf bread and she says it doesn't fall apart. We no longer eat bread so I don't have a GF recommendation that I have tried personally.

A few tips I have read for Gluten Free recipes especially baking.

• Let cookie dough and muffin batter rest before baking: Because GF flours are so starchy; resting muffin batter and cookie dough for 30 minutes is key. The starches have time to hydrate before they go into the oven, which eliminates grittiness—a common pitfall with GF baked goods.

• Yeast breads need a second leavener: Since GF flours are lower in protein than wheat flour, yeast breads don’t rise as well and their texture can be leaden. Adding baking powder (or soda) gives the yeast the boost that it needs to produce tall loaves with a light crumb.

• GF flours often need alternate fats: GF flours don’t absorb butter all that well and the end result can be very greasy. The solution: Cut down on the butter and replace the lost richness with more stable fats, such as cream cheese, sour cream, and white chocolate.

Bob’s Red Mill white and brown rice flours is highly recommended because it is less coarse than other rice flours.

One of my favorite dishes is Gluten Free and that's Black beans and Quinoa. I make the Quinoa in the rice maker on the brown rice setting and soak the black beans overnight. We add grilled onions and other spices and there's a hearty nutritious delicious easy meal. GF and DF.

And I have already mentioned but we just love roasted cauliflower and roasted brussel sprouts. We stopped making the cauliflower mash and now Greg just grills it on the BBQ and it is unbelievably tasty. I cannot believe how much I love cauliflower and before this and the cauliflower mash I hated it. And this is even more delicious than the cauliflower mash-grilling it straight. Brings out the flavor and texture. It's versatile and a good substitute for starches IMO.

I like the Farmer's Market Quinoa Salad.

Farmers' Market Quinoa Salad
Don’t obsess over getting these exact ingredients in this precise combination. Any nut you like will work here for crunch, and you’re looking for a mix of bright herbs and enough cooked grains to make it substantial.

Ingredients
SERVINGS: 4
½ cup raw pistachios
8 ounces green beans and/or wax beans
4 ounces sugar snap peas
Kosher salt
½ cup coarsely chopped fresh tender herbs (such as parsley, chives, basil, tarragon, and dill)
⅓ cup olive oil
2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
Freshly ground black pepper
2 small or 1 large head of broccoli, florets chopped (about 1½ cups)
2 cups pea shoots (tendrils)
1 cup cooked quinoa (from about ⅓ raw)

Preparation
Preheat oven to 350°. Toast pistachios on a rimmed baking sheet, tossing once, until golden brown, 8–10 minutes. Let cool, then coarsely chop. 

Meanwhile, cook green beans and sugar snap peas in a pot of boiling salted water until no longer raw but still very crunchy, about 2 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to a bowl of ice water and let sit until cold, about 3 minutes. Drain, pat dry, and thinly slice into bite-size pieces. 

Blend herbs, oil, vinegar, mustard, and 2 Tbsp. toasted pistachios in a blender, adding water by the tablespoonful if dressing is too thick, until smooth and the consistency of heavy cream. Season with salt and pepper. 

Toss beans, peas, broccoli, pea shoots, quinoa, and remaining toasted pistachios in a medium bowl to combine. Drizzle salad with dressing and toss again to nicely coat everything; season with salt and pepper.
Recipe by Bon Appétit

Nutritional Content
Calories (kcal) 350 Fat (g) 26 Saturated Fat (g) 3.5 Cholesterol (mg) 0 Carbohydrates (g) 25 Dietary Fiber (g) 7 Total Sugars (g) 6 Protein (g) 9 Sodium (mg) 50

farmers-market-quinoa-salad-940x560.jpg

Try the fridge for flaxseeds but not sure about flour and such. We really don't use flour expect in rare occasions. Good luck and hope you find some new favorites.

LOL Rainwood, I still think you are an terrific person and IMO a saint that you do as much still for your MIL. Once a month is a lot more than we see Greg's mother. But I am not as saintly as you no way. So I guess my actions are not a good yardstick to go by.
Your MIL certainly doesn't seem an easy person under the best of circumstances and it is kind and generous of you to still deal with her when even when Michael didn't want to. You do what you do for sanity's sake and if you did any more you would be burned out so you make it work. Sorry you haven't changed my incredibly positive view of you yet haha. :bigsmile:

Glad you got much accomplished and are feeling better. Yay on season ballet tickets too. Funny how you like to sit dead center. In general I need to be first row front center mezzanine. I am OCD about anyone blocking my view and will not attend a show/play/preformance unless I am in the front row mezzanine. LOL I guess I am picky about certain things but we all are in some way right? Glad you got your preferred tickets and have some friends who are like minded that way...it's going to be so much fun.

And double yay for getting the bank and insurance company tasks completed the same day. :!:

Sending more good vibes and thoughts your way.

Kristie, haha I wish I could reason with the ferals. Heck I cannot even reason with my own kitties. They are very stubborn. Nervous about today and hoping she manages to catch one of our ferals and that it isn't Sammy again!

How hot is your weather this week? Don't ask about ours. It leaves much to be desired. Sure today and tomorrow will be decent but then here comes the rain and cold and wind again. Tired of this merry go round...LLJsmom I need to move near you! Then we can enjoy bling and outdoor activities all year round!

Junie, I am relieved your mom is not fighting you on the move to you and I am glad you are getting some great advice from Kristie regarding elder care and such. As for 911 I didn't realize they didn't respond to calls where someone has fallen but I am guessing that depends on where you live. I sure hope your sister can accommodate your schedule so you get to vacation at the beach house when you want to. You definitely need to take breaks and vacations away from being your mom's primary caretaker or you will burn out. Please remember that and let your sister know you really need her help and flexibility since you are your mother's primary caretaker. (((Hugs))).

Thank you for liking my poem. I meant it from the heart and was thinking of each NIRDI as I wrote it. Every single one even a few who don't post here but I know still read this thread. Have a good trip to your mom's today. Be safe.

Marcy, cannot wait for your treasures to arrive. :love:
Glad Uber Marty was in service yesterday and you might need to keep that appointment on Saturday...I feel with your description that something is off re the measurements but time will tell. Hope your car has nothing major going on with it and that it is a simple fix. Glad you like that jewelry quote. It applies!

LLJsmom, so excited for you today!!! Hoping it exceeds your expectations!!! :appl:

Scandi, keep sharing the progress pics. We will never tire of you keeping us posted with anything. No worries. :))

And once again asking for more good thoughts as today and/or tomorrow Ann is going to try trapping one of my ferals. Greg is heading to the beach house already to remove the food for the day. I really hope Sammy doesn't get trapped again. That is one of my biggest concerns. The other one is that Ann will not be able to trap any of my other ferals and that they will have babies. OK got that out and will try not thinking and worrying about it for the rest of the day.

Have a good day girls and you NIRDIs who are expecting bling (and you know who you are) don't leave us hanging when it arrives. We are on pins and needles!!!!

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello from Scandinavia :wavey:

Horrible day yesterday. First, found a flaw in an argument sent to a client. Got it fixed without consequences, but never a good impression to make.. Second, my grandmother had to go to the ER because her knee was swollen and hurt so bad she could not walk on it. Was afraid of a blood clog, but "just" an infection so she was sent home with antibiotics. My mother works in a hospital, and she was coughing so bad they decided to test her - lung infection, so now she is on antibiotics too. Then my father called and said he had some bad news: The truck with the crane that lifts the timber logs had a bit of an accident, the hydraulic system exploded (or something like that) and 20 litres of hydraulic oil is splattered all over the logs. All over the new house. All rooms. Inside through the openings for windows and doors and through the non-existing roof. Almost started to cry when I came home and could see the splatter. And so the oil has to be removed, but the removal might dry out the wood (which is extra slow growing "fat" pine wood just to keep it from drying out over the next hundreds of years and now we have to remove oil on purpose - want to cry again). So today mainly consists of calls to all the national experts and institutes etc to try to find the least destructive way to remove the oil without getting discolouration at a later stage. Oh my white future walls... :wall: :wall: :wall:

On a more positive note:

Marcy, I really really like the ring you and Marty picked out for Marty. I hope for hand shots later :) All the sapphires have gorgeous colours! I think I particularly like the blue one.. :love: The pictures of the Bronco’s bracelet is sooo good, I think you need a new one because this is taken, LOL

Missy, I'm so happy that Sammy showed up again! Guess your food tastes good :)

Jimmianne, Marcy, Missy, I could totally spend $$$ $$$ on a ring (or a neckless), LOL but (un)fortunately, I don't have that kind of funds to spend on pure indulgence and fun. But then again - diamonds are an investment - no? :lol: :lol: :lol: 8-)

Rainwood, I don't know one bird from another either, but the sign and the trainer telling me helped, lol. I tried to convince them to let me hold the eagle also, but no go on that one.. I did get a "hug" though, the trainer held her so that the feathers actually touched my face so I would get a really good picture :)

Jimmianne, your trip sounds wonderful and very well planned! I totally understand about avoiding the turist bits, all though I think I would have a hard time visiting Paris without going to Versailles.. ;)) I ask as I have brains to... (old saying in Scandinavia... directly translated..) why are you considering Montsoreau in particular as a potential new home?

Missy, I wish I loved cycling a bit more like you do :) It is a really good way to give my DB (dear baby, lol) a bit more exercise, but I'm always afraid of falling because she is so strong and not always running in the same direction as the road... and the ditch/field/fence/rocks are not always a good place for cycling.. LOL

Rainwood, most GF bread gets very dry very quickly, so yes, freezing them is an option, but then again that could make them a bit dry also... I normally make "cupcake" versions, and just make a few at a time so that they are always fresh. The The good thing about GF bread is that it does not require any pre raising of the bread (probably the wrong expression, but you get the idea) before putting them in the stove - so very easy to make. You may also want to ad something "sticky" like quark or cottage cheese or whatever. Missy posted some good ideas I think. Don't feel guilty about your MIL. You help her when she needs help, and she does have help, so she does not really need you.

You are all way to kind re my holiday pictures - thank you!

June, I think it sounds like your mother (hopefully) will be ok with the move - at least it could be worse, right? Fingers crossed for you!

Marcy, thank you for asking, my little furbaby is happier now, but she is still trying to sneak in to our bedroom and sleep in the bed, lol. Found her there last night when we were going to take her out for the "last chance" on the lawn before going to bed, lol. She was sleeping and jumped like a shot was fired when I turned on the light, lol. The snoring gave away her hiding place.. :lol:

Missy, fingers crossed for a "nice" trapping of the ferals, avoiding more babies, and Sammy being fat and happy in the sun on your terrace :)

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Missy, your friends apple dessert sounds great. I am definitely heading in to the optical shop on Saturday. I shouldn’t have to keep putting my head down to see things. I’d like to think it’s something minor with my car but it’s either brakes or the wheel. Neither is going to be cheap. I hope things go well for Ann and Sammy.

Scandinavian, holy crappy day all right. I am relieved your grandma’s knee wasn’t something worse than an infection, and hope both she and your mom both recover quickly. I hope your mom’s lungs don’t get any worse that sounds very scary. I hate to hear about the oil splatter. Can you make the company who owns the crane replace all the logs? That kind of thing would always make me nervous. I am anxious for Marty to get his ring too. I will definitely get hand shots for everyone. I am anxious to get my sapphires too. Marty was saying the same thing about the Broncos bracelet that it looks like Snacks thinks it’s his and I’ll have to buy another one. With your addition I am sure you don’t have jewelry money right now. It’s always nice to upgrade the house though. I am glad to hear your fur baby is happier now. Too cute she tries to sneak in to the bedroom but her snoring gave her away.

My blue sapphire ring should get delivered tomorrow and the yellow sapphire and studs should show up Friday.

Not much exciting going on around here today.

Have a great day.
Marcy

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone!

Missy, I will be keeping the ferals in my thoughts and hoping for the best and that things go as well as possible - I never knew it was this challenging to trap feral cats and I'm hoping Ann can succeed. There are so many variables to this and that certainly make this whole situation very nerve-wracking. You and Ann are trying your hardest to make this work, hang in there and big hugs to you.

Scandinavian,oh my gosh, you really did have a tough day, and I hope your grandmother and mother both respond quickly to the antibiotics and are feeling better really soon. And how terrible about the oil spill, I so hope you can find an answer for removing it that will keep the wood from being affected. Thinking of you and hoping you get some good news about this soon. (((hugs))) Keep us posted!

Marcy, ugh, sorry to hear about the car troubles and I do hope it's nothing serious. The step sounds awesome and I'm glad it will make things easier for you. I thought you had to go back to Denver to get your pieces, didn't realize they're being delivered, yay! I can't wait to see them, I'm so excited for you. It's Christmas in May lol. I hope you can get your glasses straightened out soon, it's a shame they aren't right.

I hope everyone has a good night! Sleep well!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results