carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy May Day!!!

Love the flowers and I LOVE that photo of you Jimmianne!!! Gorgeous in many ways. Gorgeous Jimmianne and gorgeous tractor! And YES, Greg will be happy to clean the tractor port out for you and get you organized. It is his forte. He enjoys being useful and working with his hands and is always in the middle of a project because that is where he is happiest. So count us in. :appl: Plus we can drive to you which is a must. Flying is on my NO WAY list still. :errrr: ::)

And a big YES to us being a visual bunch. Photos make the thread. :bigsmile:

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, love the photos! Your nieces are soooo pretty, and your parents look very happy! And you and Greg are off course the star couple :)

Jimmianne, you totally rock that tractor! :love:

My day: work + demolition = couldn't handle it any more, so went for a walk, lol

EDIT: Missy, it sounds like the birthday + mothers day went well and that you had a good time! I'm very happy to hear that :)
Jimmianne, I totally understand you leaving after an hour or so, I get so bored myself at such things. Now give me some diamonds and I'll stay... lol.

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today's picture lol

2016-05-01_15.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I loved all the pictures. How wonderful for you to share, Missy!!

And Jimmianne--thank you also. Looks like fun was had by all!

:appl: :wavey: to the NIRDI gang.

cheers--Sharon

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy|1462110019|4025773 said:
Happy May Day!!!

Love the flowers and I LOVE that photo of you Jimmianne!!! Gorgeous in many ways. Gorgeous Jimmianne and gorgeous tractor! And YES, Greg will be happy to clean the tractor port out for you and get you organized. It is his forte. He enjoys being useful and working with his hands and is always in the middle of a project because that is where he is happiest. So count us in. :appl: Plus we can drive to you which is a must. Flying is on my NO WAY list still. :errrr: ::)

And a big YES to us being a visual bunch. Photos make the thread. :bigsmile:

yay!

Off to DD's in the rain to play
nintendo - Super
mario.

I wish we had that cheesecake!

rock on NIRDIs
talk to you this evening if you are around : )

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Junebug, I am all for low key birthdays anymore too but definitely they should include new bling! I understand the ambiguity you feel about moving your mom in with you and getting some help for her but you are trying to improve a difficult situation for both of you (and your brother too). IMO a situation like this you can’t tell what is the best thing to do; you have to find things that work. Marty got the Snoopy charm on my key chain this morning - it works great on there. I was highly amused by the Killer Rabbit not wanting to come back to the snow. He’s been hissing at me since he got home. Marty says he is mad at me since I made Marty come home. I hope the rain fizzled out and your DH got to play golf.

Jimmianne, great pictures of the cars. Looks like you saw some beauties. I don’t think I’d like hanging out there all day either. There is some car club that drives across the US and they are stopping here overnight this year. I hope to go see them. No the Killer Rabbits aren’t all bad. They can actually be pretty sweet when they aren’t acting bratty. Of course Marty reminds me they are “Killers”. That is an awesome photo of you on your tractor. I love it! Happy May Day. That is so sweet you used to pick flowers for your neighbors. It sounds like you have great plans for a rainy day.

Scandinavian, rats you have to do the demolition yourself this weekend. I hope you didn’t pay that company yet. Your friend did go all out for dinner the other day. Very nice. So being from a very windy locale I have to ask - doesn’t things get through the logs if they aren’t sealed together somehow? People build log cabin type cabins around here and I know they seal them up to keep the wind, snow, rain, bugs, etc. out.

Missy, I love seeing your family photos from yesterday. Your nieces are so cute and fun. I love they like to make faces for photos. I always take my cheesecake in the springform pan too; it travels well in there. I am not surprised the cheesecake was more popular than the fresh fruit although it looks fabulous. So are we admitting the way to a woman’s heart is through her stomach too? I told Marty he has been cooking for me so long I lost my touch. I was making myself mashed potatoes yesterday and was using the quick bowl burner (it’s HUGE) and boiled the water right out of the pan. It was only one potato so I didn’t have much water in it. I used a fork and the potatoes were still hard so I sat down for maybe 5 minutes and went back to check it and the water was gone. What a mess in the pan. Today I was frying an egg for breakfast and didn’t wait for the pan to heat up and got the egg all stuck in it. Good thing I haven’t lost my baking cookies skill. We have sunny, blue skies today. We should have headed to Denver for my sapphire shopping. Sadly we didn’t. I hate to hear about your aunt’s friend not doing well. How wonderful of your BIL to rescue those doves and that’s great your nieces adopted them.

The roads were fine for Marty to come home from the airport yesterday. As I said though the Killer Rabbit he took with him keeps looking out the window and hissing at me. Marty said they’d be out on the patio drinking if he was still in Arizona. I said well you can drink on our patio too it’s just covered with snow. It’s not like he can’t go out there.

I got his laundry all done in case we did go to Denver today. I am kind of sad we didn’t go but I kind of figured Marty might just like to lounge around for a day since he really hasn’t been home for 3 weeks.

I got our club newsletter done last night / this morning and got it posted. Woo hoo done with that for a month.

Marty is cooking his lunch; I have to figure something out for me. Rats. He’s eating healthy do you think I’d get a comment if I had chips and salsa?

Have a great day.

Marcy

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy, neither snow nor wind should be able to get inside our logs as they are hand made :) I'll try to explain, I was finally able to copy+paste a picture:

The logs are cut in such a way that they overlap each other on the sides. It is like a banana shape at the bottom so that there should be no openings between them even when the temperature and or humidity varies through the year. I think perhaps it has to be hand made to get this shape.. My parents had a cabin once that was made with machine logs, and those walls were a bit more drafty.. :lol:

Missy, forgot to comment on the wonderful save the birds story. That is just so sweet and heart warming. Here, most people would go out of their way to save a cat or a dog or a horse, but birds, not so much. Probably just would a found a way to put them to sleep if they were hurt. I much prefer your family's way of doing things :)

logs.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Scandinavian, thanks for the picture and explanation. That makes sense to me now. I bet you will be excited to get all of this construction finished. :wavey:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi girls!

Missy, your pics are great! Your parents are such a good looking couple. And your nieces are so cute. I love the silly face one, made me smile! You and Greg look fabulous and I really mean it. Thank you for sharing your day with us, makes me feel like I was there. I love that your sister's family adopted the doves, omigosh such beautiful birds! :love: Glad your uncle could make it, but that's so sad about your aunt's friend. I'm not surprised the cheesecake was more popular than the fruit! Although the fruit looks yummy too I must say.

Jimmianne, the pics you took of the cars are amazing, such beautiful machines! I hear you on not wanting to stay too long, I'd feel the same way. Sounds like the perfect weather to just hang out and relax. Two of my favorite pastimes hehe. Have fun with dd! It's raining and chilly here so I'm even more unmotivated than usual lol. Wow, great pic of you on the tractor! I'm impressed! I could never handle a big rig like that, way to go!

Scandinavian, I just checked out the colors and I LOVE them! I love your style and taste. Good luck with the demolition, but be careful! I hope you find another company soon to take over. Your friend's meal sounds delicious, although I'm going to admit I had to look up what a few things were haha! I'm afraid I can't be any help at all, I'm not much of a chef and can really only handle basic things…and not even that sometimes! :oops: But try not to put too much pressure on yourself, I'm sure whatever you make will be great and your friends will appreciate the time and effort you put into making a meal for them. Love the pic of you and your sweet furbaby :love: Your hair color is really pretty. The way the logs fit together for your house is fascinating!

Marcy, thanks for your encouragement - I can't tell you how much it helped, I'm going to keep reminding myself of everything you wrote whenever I'm feeling a little overwhelmed. I'm glad the charm works well on your keychain, yay! I smiled when I read your recent cooking exploits because I'm going through the same thing! The other day I made scrambled eggs and they stuck to the pan and started burning…really? :roll: My cooking skills are regressing, and they weren't that great to begin with. Thank goodness your baking skills haven't been affected! Too bad you didn't make it to Denver but it was nice of you to realize Marty would enjoy a day at home. Don't worry, that upgrade will be yours (maybe next weekend :halo: )

Ok, here's a pic of a very spoiled kitty…and that's my arm she's laying on, ouch! It's cute how snuggly she is.

img_11635.jpg

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
June, I love your spoiled kitty. She is so sweet and dear.
I am sure you would be as comfortable as I am on the tractor. It just takes a few hours of practice. Come visit and I will have you digging holes and tilling in no time at all!

I have almost zero cooking skills left, so if we have a culinary competition I am happy to come in last...and enjoy all the wonderful baking here.

Off to the barn to feed. My life is so exciting : )
Missy, Gypsy looked worse last night, but better this morning.
If things are not better again tomorrow I will call the vet. I hate to do because I don't think there is anything more she can do and it's never less than about $300 for a visit. Not exactly a winning situation. But we do what we must. She did say it was looking better last week. It's hard to tell what is going on with horses because they get to the point during treatment when the moment they see you come in the barn they hold the bad eye shut. Tricky little rascals.

I'm glad your kitty project is in progress!

<3

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

Sharon, thank you. So glad you enjoyed them. And a very happy Mother's Day in advance to you! Hope your family is doing something special for you. You deserve it!

Junie! I am in love with your sweet Zoe. :love: :love: :love: She is so precious and adorable and oh I just want to hug her!!! Thank you for sharing her photo with us. :appl:
And speaking of Mother's Day what are your plans next weekend? I am hoping you, your mom and the rest of your family will enjoy a lovely Mother's Day weekend. I know it's early but I have Mother's Day on the brain today for some reason lol.

Marcy, LOL who needs cooking skills when you have baking skills. IMO those are the only really useful skills to have in the kitchen. Bring on the baked goods. Remember you promised I could share the position of taste tester with Arrows. :lickout: :cheeky:

Glad Marty arrived home safely. As for Killer well just hiss right back at him OK? He can dish it out but can he take it? And I am glad your blue skies finally came through. Looks like a week here for us full of rain and clouds and the weather this weekend is looking iffy as well. Doesn't look like this is starting out to be a good cycling season but good thing I got the need to prove something out of my system last year and I am cool with not riding as much this year. I'm chill about it. (Is that the right expression lol?).

Our friend enjoyed the link you sent me thank you. He isn't familiar with the organization but that's just because he lives so far away. I am impressed with your astronomy club too Marcy. Nice job to you and Marty! :appl:

Good luck today talking with your boss Marcy. Sending you lots of ***DUST*** for things to go favorably and for you to be successful however you want it to turn out. Work ***DUST*** being sent your way.

Jimmianne, I am hoping Gypsy is doing better today. I am so sorry she is having trouble still. (((HUGS))) to her and you.

Rainwood, hoping you enjoyed a lovely birthday weekend celebration. :appl:

Scandinavian, love the explanation of your logs and love the pics too. LOL with your face marked out like that it brings up visions of horror movies haha. Sorry. Nothing could be further from the truth because I know the sweet face that is beneath the cover. :kiss:

Your house is coming along and is quite beautiful. Thank you for sharing it with us.
Going for a walk when things get to be overwhelming is a good way to deal with it and use the energy in a positive way.

Thank you for your kind comments re saving animals. Yes my family does handle it like that all the time. That's how my parents ended up with 6 rescue kitties 3 of them feral at this stage in their lives. And how they ended up with Tara (may she rest in peace). A big beautiful sweet abused boxer who they found starved and half dead in the middle of the street in a dangerous neighborhood. And of course they had to save her despite their ages even then and you know when you have a dog you are not free anymore. But they did it and never looked back and same with all their rescues. My family picks up strays what can I say. All too big hearted when it comes to animals for our own good.

Speaking of which I am again in love. Yesterday we of course visited the animal rescues (being in Brooklyn once again this weekend) and OMG they have a few litters of kittens in (newborn season right now sigh) and they insisted I hold them. This is Colby. Greg actually took the pics and I didn't even realize he was taking any pics I was so enraptured by these sweet sweet kitties. Sigh. I am sorry to always go on about cats but I cannot help it. I really am in love with all of them and I can truly see how someone could end up with 20 or so. :devil: :halo: :oops: :lol:

This is Colby. He and Blue (his sibling) are looking for a home together...anyone interested they are already spayed/neutered and ready to be adopted. So adorable and sweet. Good natured and loving. Really cuddle babies. :love: :love: :love:

Have a good Monday girls. It's dark and rainy here and I sure wish I could sleep past 4:45 AM one day soon. It's ridiculous. I have been awake before 5AM for the last few weeks and cannot seem to break the cycle. Even going to bed way after my usual time to try to sleep later but nada. And Wednesday is the start of my workweek so at this point I better just keep the 4:45 AM wake up schedule. I guess there is plenty of time to sleep in retirement. But somehow I doubt it. :lol:

Good Monday to all. :wavey:

colbygettingearscratch.jpg

colbysosweet.jpg

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello :wavey:
A lot to do today because we're going to Gran Canaria Wednesday :) work + shopping too lol. Just a few shorts etc for everyone. The weather forcast is a bit devious, but fingers crossed.

Missy oh my that kitty :) you are so good not to bring it home, almost impossible to resist those eyes :love: Jimmianne, I do think you life is pretty exciting :) would love to have a barn and horses :) June, you are so sweet for all your nice comments! I do not deserve them but it's nice all the same :) my hair is very Scandinavian lol. Missy, LOL to me in a horror movie - that would be the day :) :) Marcy, how was work and talking to your boss? I've been thinking of you today.

Best, S

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Those grey kitties with white paws are just what the Dr. ordered!! :love: :love: :love:

cheers--Sharon

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Careful Sharon, Missy will probably send them to you in the post... :) :bigsmile: lol.
They truly are beautiful!

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Missy, I love that the first photo has both kitty and bling! So cute on the kitty, so beautiful on the earrings and ring. I bet Greg wasn't even trying to get both. Sorry you're getting bad weather and not getting to the beach to cycle. It's been beautiful here, supposed to be in the mid-80's today which will set a record.

Scandi, love that the logs are all hand-cut so they don't need chinking and love the cute picture of you and your sweet doggy. And congratulations on doing your own demo. Sometimes, having a contractor bail early is better in the long run than having to put up with poor workmanship for most of the project. You must be so excited about your trip! You're going to have a great time.

Jimmianne, that car show looks interesting but not nearly as cool as you on your tractor! And fingers crossed that Gypsy is getting better. That's funny about shutting one eye. Horses are so smart.

Marcy, glad Marty is home and bearing gifts. That's a nice combo. And hurray to you for surviving the snow while he was gone. I hope the discussion at work goes well, and you get the answers you're looking for.

Junie, love your snugglebug kitty! So cute.

Hi, Sharon! Hope all is well up north.

Had a lovely weekend with my sister. We took a nice walk to the neighborhood bookstore (yes, we are lucky to still have one) and a nice dinner out. I love this time of year because both halibut and rhubarb are in season. Had grilled halibut for dinner and rhubarb sorbet (all rhubarb, no strawberry) for dessert. Loved them both. I am a rhubarbarian! Managed to stay GF, DF, but restarted dairy this morning. Was going to have a latte but decided to do that later. I've been waiting for that latte for 2 weeks! On Sunday, we took another nice walk, did some shopping for our trip, and had a nice lunch out. Plus, we made some reservations for things we want to do while we're in Europe. So very fun. My BIL's trip got cancelled as my MIL has a cold, and didn't want him to get it. So part two of the family visit is deferred. Weather has been great, and looks like a nice week, maybe too hot.

Hope everyone has a good Monday!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Scandinavian|1462202692|4026148 said:
Careful Sharon, Missy will probably send them to you in the post... :) :bigsmile: lol.
They truly are beautiful!

hmmmmmm They COULD help with our current vole problem :bigsmile: They'd work for a few minutes a day and I could kiss their little toes the rest of the time!

cheers--Sharon

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Testing!

ETA: Well okay, for awhile I was unable today to reply to any posts, I'd just get sent back to a blank reply screen.

I'm just gonna have to jump back in to NIRDI Land! So much has happened with everybody.

Scandi, always love your sweet dog and your log house, EXCITING! I feel ya regarding doing your own demo. I watched the workers demo the bathroom and we were re-using some things and I was pretty nervous watching them swing tools around and carry big stuff around in there. It worked out, though. I've got a very pretty bathroom now although I used 3 hues of gray so now its TOO understated in there and I'm going to have to punch it up with the towels: Purple, Coral, Green, pretty much jewel tones!!!

The kitchen turned out great, I have a ginormous kitchen sink although not farmhouse, which I wanted. Added cabinets and although they don't match like I'd hoped, the additional storage and counter space is FAB.

The dogs hated the construction going on although they did like Steve and Jake, who did the work. They really loved the countertops team guys.

So Scandi, I lived in Alaska for almost 10 years and there were log houses there. Some people got tired of all that wood going on, so they used dry wall in certain rooms or even throughout. If one doesn't go with a wilderness or rustic theme, you'd have to go that way, I think. I am enjoying seeing your place go up, amazing!!! Big pets to your dog!

Junie, Zoe looks so sweet. Just love her.

Marcy, glad to hear things are going well at home and I hope the work situation clears up asap.

Jimmianne/Candy: The tractor will be GREAT in your act!!! :lol: You're a total man magnet now!!! Your new haircut looks wonderful on you, way to go.

Missy, love Colby and his white paws. I hope wonderful people adopt him and his sibling/s. How are the kitties recovering after their surgery and how are Sprite and her kitties?

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Junebug, did the weather clear up today? We had a blue sky with this big bright ball of light - I think I used to talk about it in my astronomy classes. You are very welcome for words of encouragement; I am always here to support you in any way I can. I think Marty is more anxious to go ring shopping than I am. His ring keeps sliding off pretty easily. I suggested sizing bumps but he seemed uninterested. He was even browsing rings online last night. Too funny about our cooking skills; I guess it’s something we need to practice. The picture of your kitty is adorable. Yes she is very spoiled but so cute how could you not spoil her.

Jimmianne, great idea to come in last in a culinary challenge - you can go around and sample everyone else’s dishes. Do you ever watch chopped? They are brutal to cooks on there. I am glad Gypsy was better this morning but that is upsetting she looked worse last night. Poor thing. That is kind of cute Gypsy knows you are coming to check her eye. Like a little kid.

Hi Sharon!

Missy, I would hate to lose my baking skills. There would be some seriously depressed people. One year for Christmas I bought cookies from a local cookie store. My nieces and nephews acted like I just beat them. Never tried that again. Arrows said it’s fine you can help him test baked goodies. Rats you are having a chilly, wet and cloudy week. I can see why you would be less pressed to get all those miles in this year. You know you can do it now so no need to push so hard if the weather is bad. I know you and Greg will put in plenty of miles this season. Good idea to hiss back at the Killer Rabbit. Little brats. I am glad you and your friend enjoyed our website. It’s nice to hear. Sometimes I think I do everything for myself. Marty and I have enjoyed running the club over the years and no one seems to want our job.

Colby is adorable. I hope he and Blue find a nice home.

Scandinavian, have a blast on your trip.

Rainwood, I am glad to hear you had a nice time with your sister this weekend. Your dinner and shopping sound like a lot of fun.

Kristie, I am so excited to see you here. I missed you! I am so glad your reno turned out great. Your bathroom is awesome. Having more space and counter space in the kitchen is always a welcome treat. I am sure Finn and Maggie made friends with all the people working on your house.

I did have a chat with my boss but didn’t get much info at all. He was unimpressed with his promotion, said he didn’t even talk to his boss about it just was told here is your pay sheet and you are a manager. He said he didn’t know what it takes to be a manager anymore and when I asked if I’ve gone as far as I can go he said he didn’t know. That was the end of the discussion.

Our work load drops now for about 4 months so I’ll be working on getting the team better for the next time we get so busy. I get to have a conversation with one of them she needs to speed up. Joy.

Have a great evening.
Marcy

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy!!! Let's open up our own biz :lol: We'd do GREAT!

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My tractor is more of a challenge than I could have imagined. Due to the repetitive nature of pushing the very stiff pedals I have ended up unable to sit or stand for more than a couple of minute. Back spasms. Yet I am cheerful. My problem is my DD still having an awful time. I read in the NYT this morning about avoidance therapy and going to zap my wrist with a rubberband every time I start to worry about her. I will let you know how it works!
Ode to therapy---
Tony, Tony
I Needz Bling!
hurry, hurry with my ring!

AZ : ) [bowing down, then saluting] :wavey:
I have missed you being here all the time.
I do think you and Marcy should open a business!

We could all have very special businesses. I could see Missy providing the world with beautiful kitties, & when Greg helped with deliveries in the Kittycondo[mo]bile he could organize all her clients.
I could teach pole-dancing! [Candy just told me].

[[Missy, I never told that when I had my "dog room" built, we made the lower cupboards into kitty condos... open stamped-metal fronts, access holes on the bottom and places inside for food dishes and sleeping pads. Now I am down to only SAM but he sleeps in the insulation under the studio! No girls indoor condo for him! I would say this house needs more kitties to fill those condos. I will be your first client! ]]

Anyone else have some ideas for new NIRDI careers? :dance:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning on this rainy cool Tuesday in the NE girls!

Sharon, just say the word and I will bring them personally. No post necessary. 8)
Colby and Blue are siblings and should remain together. Just say the word and I will be there with the 2 cutest kittens ever. A better home they will not find of that I am sure. :bigsmile: :appl:
Glad their sweet faces brightened your day and thank you for saying so!

Haha Rainwood, that is true. I was chatting with the rescue people the whole time I was holding Colby completely unaware Greg took a few covert snapshots. And yes he managed to get some of my bling in one of them. LOL. He is a true PSer by association, no? 8)

So glad you had a lovely time with your sister at your beach house. Love neighborhood bookstores that are not chains. Yay that some of them are still around. And dinner sounded delicious. Everything you had is something I would enjoy too. Haha you're a rhubarbarian. Me too. :cheeky: And good for you staying strong on your GF and DF plan. Giving up your morning latte all these weeks was very challenging I know. Good luck now adding some of those foods back. Fingers crossed for you. I'm sorry part 2 of your family reunion was postponed but hope your MIL is feeling all better soon and that they can visit another time in the near future.

And wow on 80 degrees. It's like 40 degrees here and rainy all week. Too cold and I do worry about the ferals as not sure if Ann released Sammy yet or not. The whole week will be like this and I know she wanted to release the ferals who just got spayed/neutered/vaccinated soon but hate that the weather is so cold and rainy. Not ideal for them to be released in their vulnerable condition.

Glad you and your sister are excited about Europe and enjoying the planning of this trip of a lifetime! Hoping the weather forecast there improves and it's sunny and beautiful for your visit.

Scandinavian, how exciting. Gran Canaria tomorrow! Woohoo! How long will you be there and what are you packing? Some pretty dresses and bathing suits no doubt. Are the kids super excited?

Marcy, haha you will never lose your baking skills I promise. And yes I can imagine how disappointed your nieces and nephews were with store bought cookies. I wish your chat with your boss had a more satisfactory result but glad you got to tell him what is on your mind and cleared the air. That's positive. I agree with Kristie. We should open a business. Animal rescue but all the profits go towards the animals so we would have to figure out another way to earn a living I guess. Haha I would not make a good businessperson at all. I just want to save all the animals. We just have to win (that means I have to start playing) the lottery so we can make the animal sanctuary farm a reality. We can take pointers from Jimmianne on how to run a farm. :appl:

Which brings me to Jimmianne, hey there fellow animal lover. How's Gypsy this morning? And just let me know and we can fill your kitty condo before you know it. There is no shortage of adorable and sweet kittens that I can assure you. How would Sam feel about that? And as I promised Sharon I would make the trip personally to bring you your new family members. Does that make your decision easier at all? :halo: :devil: 8-)

Kristie, no word from Ann re updates of Sprite, the newborn kittens (they opened their eyes last week) or Sammy. I am worried about Sammy and the other ferals she had brought in for the spaying/neutering etc because of the dismal weather here all week. She wanted to release them back outside as soon as possible and this weather is not good IMO for releasing them. I have no clue what is happening as I don't want to bother her. She has so much she is doing that it is better I wait for her to contact me. At least I know that much.

You already know how glad I am your reno is over and went well. YAY!

Junie, how is your week going? Hugs to sweet Zoe. She is such a love. :love:

Have a good day girls and even if actual blue skies are not out may your day be filled with happiness and light. (((HUGS))).

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK just realized somehow my last post got messed up. Meant to write to Scandinavian I hope the weather forecast improves for your trip to Gran Canaria and Rainwood I hope your good weather continues. :appl:

:wavey:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone!

Missy, no special plans for Mother's Day, I'll just change my schedule and go to my mother's on Sunday - my family will probably come with me and then go home and I'll stay over until Monday. It's wonderful how giving and loving your family is with regard to strays, I really admire them for that. Colby is so cute! I love his white paws :love: I really hope they find a home soon. I also hope Ann can put off releasing the ferals until this really crummy weather improves.

Jimmianne, sorry Gypsy's eye is still not completely better, sending lots of healing dust that it clears up soon. And oh on to back spasms, I'm so sorry to hear that and I hope they pass soon. Big hugs to you about your concern for dd, I understand - it's very hard to see our children unhappy and as a parent there's that instinct of wanting to make everything all better for them. Keeping your dd in my thoughts and hoping she's in a better place soon. And yes, you need the amazing distraction powers of bling right now! I'm hoping Tony is working hard on your ring and it's ready asap. Can't wait to see it.

Rainwood, glad you're enjoying some nice weather. Sounds like you had a great time with your sister, very happy about that.

Kristie, so glad to hear the renovations are complete and that you love you new kitchen. Great news! The bathroom sounds beautiful, it will be fun to liven things up with color, you have lots of options.

Marcy, I'm sorry the talk with your boss was somewhat unproductive but I agree with Missy, at least you've shared your concerns with him and he is aware of how you are feeling. Whenever you find yourself feeling upset think about your sapphire upgrade ha! Hey, new bling doesn't necessarily solve our problems but it does do a great job in distracting us from them.

Scandinavian, excited for you about your upcoming trip! Fingers crossed the weather forecast improves. I'm sure you'll have a great time just getting away; it will be nice to get a break.

Sharon, so nice to hear from you my friend! I hope things are going well for you.

I might be taking a little break from posting for a few days - just some family stuff going on with regard to my mother moving to my house - just feeling kind of worn out and I'll check in but might not be able to keep up completely with everyone.

Have a great day everyone!

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A very late good morning from Scandinavia!
Truth be told, it is nowhere near morning anymore. Afternoon going on soon to be later, lol.

Omg Missy, what will I pack.. I suddenly feel a bit panicky.. lol. I have no idea. Half of what I want to bring is probably in the laundry basket.. hmm.. will have to fix that tonight when I get home. Still at work, in other words. You girls are my tea break right now. I don't really have a tea break, but then again I don't really have a boss, so who cares, LOL.

I think I will pack a lot of summer dresses, probably like 10 or something, I'll get DH to carry the suitcases.. I like to wear a nice dress for breakfast, but maybe shorts if going to the beach later. But dress if shopping, off course. I'm about as good as Missy with dressing casually, which - at least based on what you write Missy, is not saying much, lol. You always look perfect and polished :) I will try to pack a bit of colours, I wear so much black/white/grey/beige for work, so for holidays I like dresses with a bit of flowers or lace or something. The girly version for day and maybe a bit more on the sexy side for night.. :) I'll keep you posted with picture updates, even if I don't have the time to write too much, I hope you will forgive me and I think pictures might be nice nevertheless? At least I always love your pictures :)

And lots of shoes. I tend to get blisters, so I like to change shoes a lot. No Jimmy Chooes to pack this time, kind of annoying, always makes for good word plays, lol.

June, I like to spoil animals too :) Your kitty looks sooooo adorable and loving! The very best kind :) Nothing beats a good hug from an animal :) My dog likes to put her front leg around my neck, almost like a human hug, who said that we are humanizing the animals?? LOL.

Jimmianne, I'm not very good at cooking either, but I'm very good at reading, so I take comfort in that, lol, and tell myself that it is just a matter of reading the recipe properly and taking the time and focus.. But I don't make complicated things very often, I'm too lazy.. But what I am is very competitive. So when friends take food soooo seriously, I get all competitive and start to think of ways to outdo them, just for the fun of it, as they have low expectations, it might be fun :bigsmile: However, I like cooking together with our guests when we are at the summerhouse, so I'll probably just plan a menu and buy the stuff and they can help :Up_to_something:
Marcy, you are so lucky that you are good at baking! Only thing I'm really (really) good at baking is cinnamon buns. But can't really find an equally good recipe now that I'm avoiding gluten.. hmmm... :read: Will have to try again one day. I do make a pretty good sponge cake though and that can be adopted into anything, lol..

Rainwood, when are you leaving for Scandinavia? Feeling guilty about not making a recommendation list for you yet. Rhubarb is sooo good. Especially in cake, lol. :love: My grandparents used to grow them :) Sorry about your MIL, hope you get to see them soon. If you want to, that is, lol. :lol: The weather is normally good (well. as good as it gets...) in Scandinavia in July and August.

Azstonie, your new kitchen sounds wonderful. I love a big sink! And I like the idea of dressing up a room with the accessories, so much easier to change things around a bit, instead of renovating again if you get bored with a specific colour :) I can so relate to the dog not liking construction work. Our baby hates it. She is not too fond of strangers either, not aggressive, just stressed to hear so many not familiar voices outside the house. So I hate to leave her alone at home these days, but I don't really have a choice. My mother will be staying with her when we are away, which is good, she is not so good at sleeping away. Last time my mother tried to babysit the dog at her own house, she ended up sleeping on the sofa with the dog because the dog knows she is not allowed in my mother's bed, so even when my mother tried to cave and say she could sleep in the bed, she refused to jump in, and kept going "iiiiiii" "iiiiiiiii" "iiiiiiiii" at the door. Do you know that sound? So typical of a bird dog, they make the thin very annoying pip sound that you are almost not able to hear, but it works its way on your soul and sanity until they get their way, lol. No dry walls for us, the logs are way to expensive not to show, lol, we plan to make the walls white, let me see if I can find a picture to show you the general idea, this is just inspiration, but you see what I mean?

Thank you for your good trip wishes Marcy :) your boss is a bit annoying. Maybe he is getting the title instead of the money / overtime. Wouldn't be the first time, could explain his answers..

Jimmianne, I think your DD will be fine, she has you to lean on after all. But that is why you feel her misery so hard off course, because she sends it to you (if you know what I try to say). Can't wait to see you ring!!! Alternative career for me: dog trainer. or riding (horses) instructor. Something with more animals and less computers, lol. But that would probably not be good for the bling budget... Why is your DD so upset? Missing boyfriend? I always try to take comfort in that most of everyday's horrible things are temporary. At least that is what I tell myself... Then I go for a run - less oxygen to my brain always makes me stop thinking too much, lol.

Missy, I really wonder how the ferals are doing too. And the newborns. And how are you doing?? Your skin and your toe and work and everything? Rainy and cold here today, hate to hear that your weather is misbehaving also. Why does the universe not know that May is a spring month??? In Scandinavia, May is spring, but not reliable. June is more reliable as a spring month, much less rain. July and August is normally pretty good, or as good as it gets here. There are big differences between the countries and from North to South. For example, Denmark is varmer than there rest, normally. Sweden and Norway much the same, although Norway have more of a coast climate (and coast line, lol), especially in the west part of the country. S and N are "long" countries, and there can be really big differences from South to the North, also in Finland. Island is an island, and can be a bit colder. But there are hot springs there, on the plus side. We often go sailing between Sweden, Norway and Denmark, all good coast lines without too much of the Atlantic wind and waves, lol. The sea on the west side of Norway and Denmark can be a bit harsh. Come September, it is fall, with beautiful orange and red fall colours and "a bit" of rain. Starting October, think London fog + rain, lol. Nah, not so bad, but not so warm either. 20C (68F) is a good summer temperature in Scandinavia really... The kids are really looking forward to the trip! They are super exited :) In addition to dresses (too many..) I'll be taking some bikinis and shorts and a pair of trousers to avoid bad weather luck... I'll try to post outfit pictures for you without my head on them, lol. You will have to check FB for the head, lol..

I'm very blonde, and my skin has no pigment, it just gets red, not brown for weeks and weeks. So I plan to use a bit of self tanner before we leave. That will explain the orangy colour on the pictures in a few days, lol and hope for the best!

66_1241686506_xl.jpg

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Scandi

Just had to pop in before you leave to say I love the white log walls inside. They keep everything light but with all the visual interest of the wood. Fabulous! The house behind me on the island is a log home, but it is in the traditional U.S. style with the round logs and the the natural color of the wood both inside which makes it kind of dark, especially in our gray climate. I think you're making great, great choices!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Kristie, what kind of business should we open? I want minimal hours and effort with massive cash return. Is that too much to ask?

Jimmianne, I hate to hear your back is having spasms from driving the tractor. I bet using those petals is a lot of work. I am sorry your daughter is having an awful time. Is she not enjoying being home? I hope she feels better soon. I like the rubber band avoidance idea. I know a guy who had to travel alone a lot and used to pull a piece of hair out of his leg if he was getting sleepy when he was driving. OUCH! Your dog room and kitty condos sounds great. Hurry up ring!

Missy, boo for a chilly and rainy day in NE. I think I could make my chocolate chip cookies in my sleep. That would be fabulous if you won the lottery and start your kitty heaven. Are you kitties doing better? I am sure you’ll hear from Ann when she is going to release the feral kitties.

Junebug, sapphires and diamond can’t solve our problems but they sure can’t hurt. Thinking of you and hope things settle down for you soon. Relax and pamper yourself. You deserve it.

Scandinavian, good luck packing tonight. I know you’ll have a wonderful time on our vacation. Cinnamon buns sound delicious. I hope your baby does okay with your mom while you are gone. I am glad she is staying with someone she knows. I love the white walls theme too.

My day wasn’t bad. I had a peach margarita.

Have a great evening.
Marcy

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi nirdis!

Missy. Your kitty pics always get me.
Scandinavian, love the pics of your in-progress house.
June, how is the family doing?
Marcy, glad you are surviving the weather.
AZ, hi!
Rainwood, nice to meet you.

I am experiencing DSS and and all kinds of bling schizophrenia, as some of you know. Craving a wall of bling three stone. :).

Nite nite all!

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJs - a wall of bling! & DDS...it sounds as though you are in the middle of a bling flair. I don't know whether to envy you or send condolences LOL It's always both fun and frustrating to get into the game. More details, please?

Scandi - bon voyage! I hope you get to your destination and find you have packed just the right things and not too much or too little.

Marcy, I liked your closing remark indicating that a peach margarita can put a day in perspective. May all your work issues be small, and your margaritas tasty!
I swear, you sound so sane and "can-do" and I love your sense of humor. It would be so much fun to have a GTG some time.

Missy, you did such a good job of bringing us all together. Can we be MW kitties too? When you win the lottery you can have a NIRDI retreat as well as the kitty farm. My ears perked up when I heard you say that you will deliver kitties :naughty:

Hi AZ, Sharon and Rainwood :wavey:
and June, I hope you have a good Mother's Day. Please give your Mom an extra hug from me.

edit: two sky photos from yesterday.
I had to go out at dark to meet the vet and get drugs for Gypsy. That big white cloud followed me home, so I was racing because I diid not know what it was up to!
The vet and I were laughing because we met in a convenience store parking lot where she gave me drugs and a huge bunch of needles out of the back of her van. Just the typical countryside drug deal lol
My back is painful but not spasming now. I have to drive to Raleigh to get pre-screened for flights. According to the NYT the wait at airport security checkpoints can now be up to 3 hours and people are missing their fights. For $85 you can get pre-screened and go through a faster line.
Oh I see you still have at least one box of dear kitties left! I love that photo because they are so [seemingly] innocent and dear.
img_4090_0.jpg img_4119_0.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

The rainy week continues. And now looking like it will be wet at least part of this weekend. I keep thinking of Sammy and the other ferals Ann has and if she is releasing them in this awful weather. Hey at least it's not snow right? ::)

Scandinavian, LOVE your inspiration photo and love the white wood and light decor. As Rainwood wrote it is perfect. Beautiful and sunny.

Have a wonderful trip in Gran Canaria. I hope the weather cooperates and that you have a wonderful time. I like your wardrobe of dresses and such and I would be taking something similar. My fave colors in my wardrobe are black and grey but I also love colors and have lots of those too. As I got older I added more color and I enjoy color lots now though black and grey remain my favorite. I love white too but in general it is too challenging to keep clean so I don't gravitate to getting clothes that are white. Yes my casual dress might be less than casual for some but it's what I find very comfortable.

Wishing you a fun and happy trip! And I hope to try your famous cinnamon buns one day. :lickout:

Marcy, a peach margarita sounds yummy. I never had one before and my interest is piqued. Yes to baking chocolate chip cookies in your sleep though that does sound a bit risky. :snore: :cheeky:

I know you didn't ask me but as for what business you and Kristie should open my vote is for bling and more. You can have vintage bling, antique diamonds, sapphires and other gems (you and Kristie know your colored gems) and we can have the animal sanctuary right on the same big property that way the gals and guys who love bling and animals (and I think there are many people who love both!) can get their fix all in the same area and we can all enjoy spending time together with bling, kitties, puppies, bunnies and other rescue animals. :love: The NIRDI rescue sanctuary. I cannot think of a more perfect combination. :bigsmile:
Now we just need to come up with a catchy name. :read:

Junie, your Mother's Day plans sound good and I am glad the family will all be together. Soon enough you won't be traveling to visit your mother and that is one big plus to having her move in with you. How is the door project going?

Jimmianne, how is your back today? It is no fun being in pain and I hope you have found relief and are feeling 100%. Yes I will make a personal delivery of kitties. Remember I have these for each one of the NIRDIs. :devil: :halo: 8-)

_37068.jpg

Hoping Gypsy is improving. Healing ***DUST*** to her and you too!

LLJsmom, I LOVE the look you shared with us yesterday and my vote for something similar is a big blingy YES. :love: Looks fantastic with your ER. A wall of bling is right. That's a wall I can get behind. :halo:
And you deserve a special bling gift after the challenging months. So sending you lots of bling dust. :appl:

Have a good day girls!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jimmianne, I see you have returned and added some beautiful sky pics rainbow and all. Lovely. Glad your back is somewhat better and hope it is all better very soon.

Lol on the "drug meet" with Gypsy's Doctor. :cheeky: Hope the meds help!

Adding a photo fresh off the presses taken taken by Greg. I'm working out and he just took this photo and sent it to me. Fred and Greg are relaxing reading the WSJ in bed enjoying coffee. Well Greg is having the coffee but they are both enjoying the journal lol. Fred especially likes the mansion section. :bigsmile:

You can see Bobby in the background grooming. Such handsome boys no? :love:

_3410.jpeg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results