carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

LLJsmom, it’s actually so warm here today we cranked on the AC. I hate when the Bling Buying Bug Bites. How fun to shop though, right?

Jimmianne, peach margaritas do put everything in perspective or you care less. A real point of perspective is 100 years from will anyone care? Yes, I am easily amused even if it’s only to amuse myself. LOL to a drug deal out of a van with your vet. I hope Gypsy is over this soon. Good idea to get prescreened for your trip. Marty does the TSA Pre and sure likes it. They will randomly still make you go through the regular line which happened going down to Phoenix. I hope your back continues to improve and it stops hurting. Love your sky photos. Very pretty.

Missy, rats for a rainy weekend. The kitties will be fine. If you like peach and margaritas then I highly recommend a peach margarita. The place we go for lunch has $2 margaritas day and they are pretty strong. I might be safe baking cc cookies in my sleep since no knives are involved. We could have bling collars for the kitties. That would be perfect. Great picture of lounging around your house.

My glasses were ready to pick up so I left work at 4. They are certainly a different prescription. I am kind of dizzy when I look in a different direction. At first I couldn’t see my computer but now I can. I kind of like the anti glare for computers. Distance is GREAT! They kept my sunglasses because they had to cut the lenses and it was an hour wait. Since I was by DQ I picked up a burger and root beer freeze for supper.

Marty picked up one of his glasses too and they put his regular glasses in his computer glasses. That optical shop has some issues.

Have a great evening.
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My new Tiffany Bling.

Marcy

imageuploadedbytapatalkhd1462410284.jpg

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Missy, I'm glad to see at least some of your kitties are well read even if it is one of the papers from Rupert Murdoch's empire! Drat about the continuing non-cycling weather. And I'm sure the ferals will be fine. (I have to keep checking because autocorrect keeps wanting to turn ferals into fearless, although maybe that's appropriate!) My guess is they come back to the feeding station as it's hard to pass up such good and plentiful food.

Jimmianne, those are gorgeous sky shots! Such beautiful and unusual cloud formations. And what a bummer about the back pain from the tractor. You'll have to figure out a tractor pedal training program so you can build up whatever muscles are necessary to grade and excavate to your heart's content.

Marcy, cute glasses! I didn't know Tiffany did eyewear until you posted about it. Makes perfect sense though as so many designers are doing glasses. I haven't ever had a peach margarita but it sounds delicious. I'm planning to have several of the lime ones on Friday night at my Cinco de Mayo dinner. I don't have to drive because it's at my house so I can drink to my heart's (or head's) content. I'm such a lightweight drinker these days, my limit is probably two!

LLJ's Mom, thanks for the welcome. Glad to see you survived yet another tax season and hope you have a reward for yourself in mind!

And to anyone I missed, hope hump day was a good day and you're all doing well.

Been a little quiet for me. Been trying to catch up on paperwork and other household stuff now that my sister has gone back home. Keep getting distracted by more interesting things, but need to focus. Tomorrow and Friday I'll be getting the house party-ready for my Cinco de Mayo fest. First one I've done since before Michael died, but it's a potluck and small group so should be easy. I'll be doing a quinoa and black bean enchilada bake (one guest is vegetarian) plus a Mexican chocolate mousse. And, of course, margaritas. And I deliberately went off my gluten-free diet today as I didn't have any real reaction to going off dairy-free. We'll see what happens. My next target is corn so I'll be going corn-free after Friday. Too hard to do it for Cinco de Mayo, plus I inadvertently had something cooked in corn oil at a meeting today.

See you later, NIRDI gators!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Cinco de Mayo!

Marcy, love your new Tiffany bling! Elegant and sophisticated. :appl:
Haha you needed A/C today and we needed heat. :twirl:
Glad you are getting used to your new glasses prescription but boo to the optical for messing up Marty's prescription.

Rainwood, your upcoming Cinco de Mayo fest sounds like fun though I know it also holds some bittersweet memories.
Your quinoa black bean enchilada bake sounds yummy. And that Mexican chocolate mousse sounds amazing. That's all I would need. 8)

Good luck going corn free after this. That's the one thing I never tried because if I had to give up popcorn I would be so sad. Now that you mention this though I know I should probably try it too. It's just the one food left that I enjoy as a snack. I had to give up all dairy...yogurt, ice cream, cheese, pizza, bread etc. You know the drill. So corn is the one thing left. Maybe I should take it as a sign that you wrote about it here and just do it too.

LOL on the feral kitties being fearless. Yes, I sure hope they are. Maybe autocorrect is smarter than we think. :lol:
Ann emailed us all last night and she is releasing the ferals she has this Saturday. That would be only Sammy for us because she is keeping Sprite and the babies till they are done nursing.

We will meet her at the beach house Saturday late afternoon when she releases Sammy so we can settle up expenses with her and be there when she releases Sammy. And Ann said she *might* concentrate on the rest of my ferals and the ferals of a person not too far away from us starting next Wednesday (we have 3 left- Squirt, Dr Pepper and Fresca and there might be another cannot tell for sure but at there is at least 3 left from our group). Ann cannot promise right now thought that she will try trapping ours because if someone else's ferals get sick or look pregnant she will take care of them first. That's what happened last time and why she only got Sprite and Sammy. She thought someone else's ferals were pregnant but it turned out they weren't but then Sprite was LOL. Anyway her next vet appointments for 6 more ferals is May 20th I think so she will start trying to trap next Wed. Fingers crossed!

The weather is still sucking lemons all the rest of the week and weekend too at the shore. So I think it will be a washout re cycling but that's OK. I just hope it is mild enough and not too wet for Sammy (and the other ferals Ann is taking back to where they were living before she trapped them) when she is released and that she will come back to our feeding station and be well and safe. You know part of me wants to take her in but Ann and Greg feel she is better off as an outdoor cat because she is more feral than not and it is (almost) impossible to retrain an adult feral if they are truly feral. So while she is a more mellow feral Ann feels she is feral forever now and would be happiest outdoors and free. OK I know you are all sick of me going on and on about the ferals and thank you for letting me get it out here even if you have already stopped reading. :lol: It helps to just write my fears and thoughts down to get it out so it doesn't torture my soul if you kwim. Of course you also know I am still torturing myself about this but I think I'm getting tougher. At least I hope I am...I don't know how the rescue people do this. They are all saints here on earth.

LOL about the WSJ. Greg really likes the editorial section of the WSJ. :halo:

Bye you NIRDI gators ( :lol: like that Rainwood) and have a good Cinco de Mayo!

cincodemayokitties.jpg

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy,
cool bling! You have set a higher NIRDI bar - bling that is also practical.
Glad to hear you are getting a different flavor of weather this week. It's about time!

Rainwood, I have been thinking about you. I know everyone's experience of losing a spouse is different, but at least in part, I know what you are going through. It's very nice [& good] that you are having the party at your house!

Last night I got a call from DD with a happier tone. I am so proud of her. She was in a difficult situation and has done a lot of "inner work" these past several weeks and has made great strides towards emotional maturity.
I celebrated by having a snickers ice cream bar cut up with a shot of Bailey's on it. OMG. Really. I may not cook, but I can rock in the kitchen when I want to! lol

I'll be back later to see what everyone is up to :dance:
[I'll bet that's you posting, Missy. noses kisses to your kitties from Issy].

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello from me :)
Postcard:

20160505_191458.jpg

20160505_093756.jpg

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fish.
Only one I was able to stop eating for long enough to take a picture LOL

20160505_0.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Rainwood, don’t you love some of the words that come out of autocorrect? My boss loves to say his phone always calls him a stupid piece of shut. I will be thinking of you having a dinner party that will bring back some happy memories but sad ones as well. Your menu sounds delicious. I highly recommend you try a peach margarita; they are pretty tasty but the regular ones are pretty darned good. I am right with you on being a lightweight drinker. 2 is probably more than I should have. Good luck with going off your GF diet then off corn. I have a ton of food allergies and it is so stinking hard to figure out what triggers something.

Missy, I think my glasses are not right either (the progressive part) I have to look down to see distance clearly. I like our eye doctor but their optical shop seems to have issues. That’s great Ann is sticking to her word to work on catching the kitties. I love the Cinco De Mayo kitties. That is fabulous.

Jimmianne, practical bling. I like it. Sapphire upgrades are practical, right? I am glad to hear DD is at a happier place now. A Snickers ice cream bar with Baileys sounds like a great way to celebrate.

Scandinavian, beautiful vacation spot. Love it.

Wow what a eatathon today. My team brought in chips and salsa for Cinco de Mayo but at least I ate cantaloupe first. Then I met a friend for lunch and we had more chips and salsa (homemade chips how could I resist) and tacos. Then my friend ordered sopapillas for us. Marty and I went to supper at Olive Garden. Salad, a breadstick and lasagna frittas for supper then Marty had saved room for the brownie mousse dessert. Oh yea and wine! I plan on having lots of fresh fruit tomorrow.

Marty is busy setting up our home security web camera system. We picked up one at Sams Club tonight. I owe the Killer Rabbits $40 too because I bet him it had 2 cameras (that is what the display said) and the box said 4 (kind of). I hate it when the Killer Rabbits have more money than me.

I picked up a stash of paper towels, TP, freezer baggies so we should be good with those for awhile.

Take care. Happy Friday.
Marcy

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning from Gran Canaria :)

20160506_085331-1.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

Scandinavian, LOVE the new photos. Such beautiful scenery and dinner (what kind of fish was that?) looks fabulous. Your dress (and you!) beautiful. :love:
Love everything and I'm so glad you are having a terrific trip! In case you missed it we all went gaga over your inspiration photo for your log cabin so just want to make sure you know we are in love with it all. Lots of good things happening for you and so pleased and happy for you. :appl:

Marcy, that doesn't sound right about the glasses. If you look down it should be clearer up close with the progressives. Please go back to your doctor and have him/her check the Rx and your vision with it and then the optician can check the fit and measurement of the lenses because they might have set the height of the Rx wrong or so many other measurements could have been wrong. Progressives are a delicate balance and every measurement needs to be accurate for it to be successful. Including fit of the frames so don't wait. It's Friday and if you can get there today do it to see what is going on. They got Marty's Rx wrong so not too surprised they might have made a mistake with your Rx too. Really inexcusable and I would rethink using them again especially because I know the glasses were very expensive. They should be more careful. :blackeye:

We have a security system at the beach house that we monitor online. So far it is terrific and we have been able to do so much remotely with it. Monitor the kitties, deliveries, turn the heat or a/c on or off, turn the alarm on and off all etc remotely via our phones or computers. We have flood sensors too. It gives up peace of mind. I did a lot of research before settling on the security system we chose and it has been a few years now and very pleased with it. They are customer service oriented and very responsive too.

You eatathon yesterday sounded yummy. Another Cinco de Mayo gone by. We started celebrating this day with bling gifts a few years ago but this year I didn't find anything I wanted so a bling buying opportunity postponed. :lol: Last night as I was bling searching I actually found my true DREAM earrings in the sold section on an online site. I contacted the vendor (who got back to me immediately) and she said she hasn't come across anything like them since but will keep a lookout for something similar for me. Fingers crossed. They are GORGEOUS. I will email you girls with the details. Don't ask why I was looking in the sold sections yesterday. Just torturing myself hahaha. :lol: I don't even know how much they cost because the price is not listed for the sold items. But I LOVED them so much. Why didn't I see them last year before they sold?! ;(
I am hopeful however I will find new dream earrings that will push these out of my mind. How's that for optimistic?

Speaking of optimistic the weather is not cooperating at all! Pouring rain here all day and rain on and off the rest of the weekend and cool temps. Sigh. Testing my positive outlook but I am persevering. :halo: We are headed for the beach this morning in a few hours despite the weather. Kitties in tow and we plan on coming back sometime Monday probably. So might get a ride in Monday depending when we have to leave and how the weather is Monday. Meeting with Ann tomorrow, Sammy being released and we shall see if she can trap some of the other ferals this Wed/Thurs. Hoping and praying and keeping my fingers crossed for all the ferals. :pray: :pray: :pray:

Have a great Friday girls and even if it is raining by you too let's keep those blue skies in our minds and hearts. (((HUGS))).

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
rainwood|1462217033|4026234 said:
Missy, I love that the first photo has both kitty and bling! So cute on the kitty, so beautiful on the earrings and ring. I bet Greg wasn't even trying to get both. Sorry you're getting bad weather and not getting to the beach to cycle. It's been beautiful here, supposed to be in the mid-80's today which will set a record.

S

Hi, Sharon! Hope all is well up north.

We are well, but our citizens, friends and brethran "up North" in Fort McMurray are not doing so well. Please say a prayer for the families who've lost everything to horrific and catastrophic wildfires. City evacuated. And make a pledge if you can. :saint:

Thank you.

Sharon

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone! I'm a bit behind but I'm just going to jump back in -

Missy, the door project has stalled a bit and we're focusing on other things, like removing furniture from the rooms and other things that need to be done/ordered. We'll get back to the doors soon.

Love the pic of Bobby and Fred! :love: The Cinco de Mayo pic is adorable!

Fingers crossed the weather holds out on Saturday for Sammy's release. I hope Ann can get to as many ferals as possible. I agree that rescue people deserve so much credit, it is a very hard thing and I'm so grateful they are willing to do it. Greg and Ann make a very good point about Sammy being happier living the life he knows and is used to. It brings me some measure of comfort and I hope it does for you too missy ((((hugs)))).

Missy, sending lots of bling dust to you in finding similar earrings! I will keep my eye out. I had to smile when you asked why you torture yourself looking in the sold section - I do the same thing! :sick: And of course I always see something I absolutely love in that section :roll eyes:

LLJsmom, I think all of us can relate to your current bling situation, I know I can! It's fun and torturous at the same time lol. I wouldn't say things are great with my family but I'm plugging along and doing the best I can. I've been thinking about your father, how is he doing these days?

Scandinavian, love the vacations pics! Wow, what a gorgeous place - with delicious food as well - who could ask for more? Love your dress, you are stunning!

Jimmianne, thanks for the Mother's Day wishes! I'm glad your back is feeling a little better. The pics of the sky are so pretty. Lol to the drug deal in the parking lot! I hope the meds help Gypsy. Great idea to go for the pre-check, I'm for anything that makes traveling more convenient and less stressful. My husband signed up for it because he travels so much and he really likes it. Great news about dd, very happy to hear she's coping with a tough situation and doing better :clap: Love the way you celebrate, yum!

Marcy, love your new glasses! Great choice :love: Sorry you're having trouble adjusting to them, maybe it's worth it to have them rechecked. Glad you're enjoying some nice weather, you really deserve it. I hope it hasn't changed since you last posted! Hope work is going ok for you. Peach margaritas sound really good!

Rainwood, your menu for Cinco de Mayo sounds delicious! I hear you on being distracted, I have been procrastinating a lot lately and I need to get back on track. Glad to hear you tolerated going off dairy-free well and I hope you have continued success adding gluten back to your diet.

Sharon, I'm really sorry to hear about the wild fires, just awful. Will be keeping everyone who's affected in my thoughts, so scary and devastating.

Will check back soon!

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Scandi, thank you so much for the Gran Canaria pics, I hope you are having a wonderful time! Looks like the food is TDF and how pretty your dress is, you look mahvelous :appl: I love the white-painted interior/log cabin. I have been in so many log homes in Alaska and then in Wyoming (DH is from Wyoming) and I have to say I've not been fond of them because I hate the taxidermied animal trophys from hunting that seem to go with that decor. I also don't like too much WOOD aesthetic in a house, its so orange-ie and then there is grain to look at, and its just SO MUCH/OVERWHELMING to me in a non-vacation home. But I do love that white scheme you'll have in your place, VERY nice.

Marcy, great Tiffany specs! I'm with Missy re those lenses are wrong. Recently I returned a pair of Cazal's to the optometrist 7 times becaus e the lab never got the lenses ground correctly and the optometrist office never bothered to check for accuracy (I always do). I won't bore you with what can go wrong when the lab is grinding the lenses but its a long list. They need to replace those lenses. and keep in mind the markup is about 1000% on lenses so don't worry about them.

Missy, thank you for the Cinco de Mayo kittens! Muy linda! I hope you get a break from the weather and soon.

Jimmianne/Candy, glad to hear you're feeling a little better. Don't spend too long doing any one thing, that is the advice the ortho people give us over 50---its the repetition in repetitive stress injuries that gets us. Hire a hot guy to handle that tractor, okay? :lol: :appl: :love:

Junie, big plans for a SC summer this year? I hope you get some extended quality time at the beach house. You deserve that.

Rainwood, your food postings are always delicious sounding :lickout: Glad things are picking up. If you don't mind, are you in the Pacific NW? You may have already said so, I just get that vibe from your posts.

Sharon, how are things by you, I hope you are not near Alberta, the evening news from there the past 2 nights is terrible, cannot believe the destruction.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
azstonie|1462565357|4028221 said:
Scandi, thank you so much for the Gran Canaria pics, I hope you are having a wonderful time! Looks like the food is TDF and how pretty your dress is, you look mahvelous :appl: I love the white-painted interior/log cabin. I have been in so many log homes in Alaska and then in Wyoming (DH is from Wyoming) and I have to say I've not been fond of them because I hate the taxidermied animal trophys from hunting that seem to go with that decor. I also don't like too much WOOD aesthetic in a house, its so orange-ie and then there is grain to look at, and its just SO MUCH/OVERWHELMING to me in a non-vacation home. But I do love that white scheme you'll have in your place, VERY nice.

Sharon, how are things by you, I hope you are not near Alberta, the evening news from there the past 2 nights is terrible, cannot believe the destruction.

Dear Kristie: I am in Alberta but south by several hundred km's to the present fires and destruction. It is mind boggling :knockout: :o . But our provincial, federal governments, volunteers, good citizens, and Canada in general, have rallied to such an extraordinary degree :)) :appl: that without being too sentimental--seeing the help provided at present and planned for the future--I could not be more proud to be Canadian.

cheers--Sharon

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The wiew from restaurant 222 at the hotel :)

20160506_220958.jpg

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I got to hold this extraordinary beauty :)

20160506_153335-2.jpg

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Amazing vacation, Scandi!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning NIRDIs and happy Saturday this day before Mother's Day!

Sharon, I am so sorry for all the headache and loss the people in Fort McMurray are going through and I have donated. Thank you for sharing this with us so we could send our good thoughts and donations to help however we can. Sending more good wishes and healing vibes to everyone affected. (((HUGS))).

FYI for those who are interested.
https://donate.redcross.ca/ea-action/action?ea.client.id=1951&ea.campaign.id=50610&gclid=CjwKEAjwpLa5BRCTwcXS6_rpvC4SJACTDQMMoznDeJC35bqFt75gcxNnEnMy_gUsDxOTqYD21ZxrQhoCWOHw_wcB

Junie, haha it doesn't surprise me we are alike in that way. We do enjoy gorgeous bling. Thank you for keeping a lookout for me re the earrings. I knew you girls would love them too. Hugs to you for your continued preparation for your mother's move to your home and I am here if there is any way I or Greg could help. Sending more good luck dust your way for a smooth transition.

Scandinavian! Ooh la la!!! LOVE all your photos. And I feel lucky I see your gorgeous face too my FB friend. OMG I would so love to have had fun with the wildlife like you are getting to do! Not sharing the porpoise/dolphin pics here? My favorites. You lucky duck. :bigsmile: So happy for you! Thank you so much for sharing this with us. :appl: :appl: :appl:
Hoping your vacation continues to be an amazing adventure!

Kristie, thank you for the advice yesterday on how to safely eliminate unwanted pests. Ordered it and will be here Tuesday.I will keep you posted. Of course.
The people at Whole Foods suggested grinding up peppermint leaves or lavender as a natural repellant. So that might be our next option if what you recommended doesn't work for us. So far though we haven't seen another. Thankfully!

Callie, have a great time at the wedding. I know you will look beautiful sweetheart. Hope everyone has a wonderful time.

LLJsmom, how was the movie? We await your review.

Jimmianne, hope Gypsy is doing better today. And that your back is good.

Rainwood, hope you are enjoying a good weekend. Looking forward to hearing how the Cinco de Mayo celebration went.

Marcy, what are your plans this weekend?

Have a good Saturday girls!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For this Mother's Day weekend here is my (early) gift to you.
A Mother's Day Poem for all the NIRDIs. I love you all very much and so here from my heart is a poem for you.

Dearest NIRDIs today is Mother's Day
so it is time for a poem
And there is no better time to just say
wherever you are, wherever you may roam
You are all so very amazing in your unique special way
I have to share my thoughts with you all on this Sunday in May

So generous, so giving, so loving and kind
Full of love and sweetness and support that just shines
You have daughters and sons, kitties and dogs
even ponies and birds, goats and a few hogs
Not to mention killer bunnies, huggable teddies and more
It's a wonder the NIRDIs have any time for bling shopping online or in stores

It's all about priorities of course and when it comes to that
The NIRDIs have it straight and that's just a fact
Cause while bling is really special
and brings joy and sparkles galore
There is no love like the love
between mother and child that is for sure

So on today of all days it is a good time to say
hey NIRDI mommas hey NIRDI kids you know come what may
Your moms and kids will always be here for you no matter the day
good or bad, happy or sad, blingy or not
You and your NIRDIs moms, daughters, sons and the lot
Are all so very special that words cannot ever impart
The love you all share the bond that is tightly knot

Thank you NIRDIs for sharing your days
with us all in this thread and also beyond
all the posts and the texts and the conference calls too
day in and day out with a bond that is strong
Though we are not your blood still like a family we feel
We are close and loving and indeed share a bond that is real

We know not only does blood make a special relationship that's true
And there is no better example than the love we share with the loving NIRDI crew
And I know you are waiting for me to bid you a fond and loving adieu
For you have places to go and people to see so I need to end this poem boohoo

First if I may add some thoughts that are sad
but thoughts too that are happy so full of love that is rad
I know there are loved ones who are no longer here
People and animals we love so much and so dear

Some recently gone and some many decades ago
the pain the sadness yes but happy memories never go
Yet the feeling of loss is at times still so strong
The relationships so right they could never be wrong

Loving children, siblings, parents and furbabies too
A wondrous family, many memories all the years through
Generations of love to hold close to your heart
Family will always be a very special part
While some of our dearest are passed and now gone
Their memories are dear and will always live on

The time we had with them never long enough for sure
Worth the pain we feel when they are gone their love evermore
Missing them terribly during special occasions and throughout the year
but those memories we hold close to our hearts are so dear
though they are gone now in our hearts and minds they are still near

Now finally lol I will bring it to a close
Mother's Day is a good time to say in loving prose

Happy Mother's Day dearest NIRDIs far and near
know that we love you and hold all of you so dear

Roses may be red, violets may be blue
But love for mothers and their kids will always be true
Not to mention all the love the NIRDIs share too

Hopefully the thoughts I was doing my very best to convey
came through loud and clear and know this is from my heart that I say
A home is a home wherever you have loved ones who are there for you
Love can be long, love can be lasting and still love can be new
And to that end please know you are all so very dear
so loved by so many who are far and who are near

Hoping your day is full of happiness and joy
Enjoy all your loved ones, no need to be coy
Loved so much by those whom you adore
Wishing you love and contentment for the year and more

So yes we will bid you
a very fond and loving adieu
have a very special day extending the whole year too
See you later, see you tomorrow but goodbye for right now
and please for goodness sake enjoy all the yummy mother's day chow

LOVE you NIRDI Moms and daughters (and sons) alike
Now it's time for Greg and I to get on our tandem bike
No, too cold and rainy today so instead will go for a hike

Happy Mother's Day!!!!!!!!!!!

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Scandinavian|1462577067|4028312 said:
I got to hold this extraordinary beauty :)
totally wonderful!

Missy, that is a lovely, amazing poem and you are a hoot, talking about chow. LOL
I hope you have a great time on your hike which will build muscle for your bike.
Who pedals the most? I must ask. I am sure you are up to the task.

Again - amazing poem, dear Missy. I think you should compile a book of poems and have it published.
Happy Mother's Day to your Mom. She loves you so much!!

Sharon, very good that you mentioned donations here. I am sure the NIRDIs will help.
I am from Buffalo and love Canada ike a second home. I hate to see that you are having troubles there.

My ring has been cast :dance: and I got to visit it yesterday. img_4313_0.jpg
I love it! It's so much more delicate than I thought it would be, so that was a surprise. It is made to be part of a stacking set, so it will be fun to find/make bands.
Tony is working on something for a competition and I told him to focus on that first, but he said the ring would be ready by the end of May.
ugh, my back is worse. I am going to the massage therapist this morning.
Gypsy does not seem to be getting better, but she is very old and it an take a long time for things to heal. It is a pain giving her the eye drops - she gets more reluctant every time [[[sigh]]].

On the fun side, my Lego project is a blast. I'm building the 3 story Parisian Cafe [2500 pieces, but it seems like about 50k lol]. I recommend Lego projects for peace of mind and fun! : )

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Jimmianne, I am sorry about Gypsy and your back. :blackeye:
Continuing to send healing vibes to both of you.

Yay on the ring front. Looking good.

And if you don't mind would love to see the Lego project photographed. Sounds like fun. And a good way to take your mind off things and just live in the (Lego) moment. :bigsmile:

Glad you enjoyed the poem. I am sorry it is so long. Once I get started I tend to go on and on but you are used to that by now. :lol:
Editing and shortening is not my strongpoint. No way no how. 8)

We pedal the same as the mechanism is yoked. However there are some tandem bicycles where the pedaling mechanism is not yoked but that is mainly for people with unequal abilities. One of the tandeming couples we know have this because the wife does not have as much energy as her husband so it works well for them. Though they don't cycle nearly as much as we do and are just occasional cyclists. Greg and I are well matched in our abilities so we went for the yoked mechanism.

Going hiking today but don't have my hiking boots with me at the beach house unfortunately so will have to figure something else out for suitable footwear. Another cool rainy morning. Hope your weather is better. We have to be back by late afternoon as Ann is coming by with Sammy and we want to be here to settle up with her and plan the next TNR. Hoping things go smoothly.

Good luck with the massage therapist this morning Jimmianne. (((HUGS))).

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I loved your poem Missy and read every line. "Chow and boohoo" were perfect! :bigsmile:

And also thank you for posting the Red Cross link. I recall giving to the RC when hurricane Sandy hit--we are friends, neighbors and allies. Thank you good citizen of the world!!

JimmieA: please tell your Gypsy we'd like her to get better soon. Poor baby.

:wavey: to NIDI's :wavey: Have a great weekend!

cheers--Sharon

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
canuk-gal|1462632141|4028576 said:
HI:

I loved your poem Missy and read every line. "Chow and boohoo" were perfect! :bigsmile:

And also thank you for posting the Red Cross link. I recall giving to the RC when hurricane Sandy hit--we are friends, neighbors and allies. Thank you good citizen of the world!!

JimmieA: please tell your Gypsy we'd like her to get better soon. Poor baby.

:wavey: to NIDI's :wavey: Have a great weekend!

cheers--Sharon

Thank you Sharon and indeed. We are all citizens of the world. I remember when you donated to the relief effort for Sandy and I greatly appreciated that. I am so sorry about what your fellow Canadians are dealing with and happy I could donate to this worthy cause. Hoping for relief for them all as soon as possible.
(((HUGS))) and enjoy the rest of the weekend and a very happy Mother's Day to you!

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
MIssy, great Ode to Mother's Day!

I hope all the NIRDI moms have a lovely day tomorrow with their progeny!

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hey, NIRDI's!

It's a lovely day here so maybe it's time for some naked gardening in honor of Naked Gardening Day! But, maybe not. Sounds painful for me as well as any unlucky passersby. Cinco de Mayo was good. Had a little bit of a food disaster right before the start when I came down from taking a shower to a kitchen full of smoke because the cheese on my enchilada bake had flowed over the side (despite having a lid on) and was burning on the bottom of the oven. I'm no longer so intent on making things perfect so just took it in my stride. Tasted okay although I liked my previous version a little better. And people liked the Mexican Chocolate Mousse though I didn't tell them it was a vegan version made with tofu until everyone had finished. But the evening was a lot of fun and no hangover so all is good.

Went off my GF test for a day and I do have a problem with gluten. Darn it! So it's back to gluten-free for me. I'm still off peanuts and will go off that in a day or two to see what happens. And then it's on to corn. It's good I live alone because this would be hard to do with others to cook for.

Missy, hope you had a great time on your hike. And that the release of Sammy goes well and you see her at the ending station soon. And you are quite the poet. Thanks for including those of us for whom Mother's Day is about memories. But it is also the 14th anniversary of when we got Nina. She weighed 9 lbs and was such a little cutie.

Who could resist that little bundle of energy! I miss her so much.

Scandi, both you and the beach look lovely. Is that a falcon? I've never seen falconry in person. Must be quite interesting.

Jimmianne, so excited about your new ring. It's great to see it in progress. So sorry Gypsy is not recovering as quickly as you'd want. Fingers remain crossed. And what a bummer about your back. Massage should help a lot.

Sharon, that fire was so devastating. Even the photos were horrifying. The scale and impact of destruction is hard to fathom.

Junie, hang in there. I know what you're doing is needed, but hard. Trying to anticipate what will work for your mom and what is reasonably possible. It can be mentally exhausting. Hope you have a good Mother's Day. You deserve it.

Kristie, just wanted to say I love your posts in the various threads. There's a broad spectrum of views and opinions, but I always enjoy reading yours and often learn something.

Marcy, your Cinco sounded scrumptious. And I hope you have a good weather weekend. You certainly deserve it. Hope the bunnies and bears are peacefully co-existing.

__7_0011.jpg

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:lol: I'm working on it, Rainwood!!!!! Love the pic of Nina, it'd be hard not to give her everything her puppy heart desired :love:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rainwood, What a beautiful puppy. I know she gave you so much pleasure and you gave her a wonderful life. If only they were born the day we were and were with us a lifetime! I like to think there is a big dog spirit that lives on from dog to dog and we have the opportunity to give love to that spirit our whole life! : )

I am working like a NIRDIac on my Lego model. It is incredibly addicting. I haven't been online or watch TV much since I opened the kit. It is both frustrating and engaging to work on. While I am building it seem real - then I take a photo and ...oh! it's a little toy.
Basically it's a huge jumble of tiny parts that you organize and turn into a model. I could see Greg getting into this...or maybe not haha maybe I've just gone 'round the bend. LOL

ps. it might help if I explain that I bought the kit after watching the LEGO documentary about the people who make the designs and also all the interesting facts about the company : ) Lego is a universal language and working on the models develops a silent, wordless mental conversation which is fun. OK I'll shut up now lol

img_4303.jpg

images_31.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Missy your poem was absolutely wonderful. It made me laugh and brought tears to my eyes. I loved it. Thank you!

Will catch up with you all tomorrow.
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Mother's Day!

Rainwood, love Nina's baby pics. What a sweet and beautiful girl.

I'm sorry you have a problem with gluten but it's good to know definitively now and you are in control. Good for you.

Jimmianne, thanks for those pics. Hope your back is feeling better and that the massage helped. Hope Gypsy is better too.

Hi Marcy, love the bling you got yesterday. Beautiful and colorful and yay on Marty's ring purchase too. Love those desserts yummy. A good time for you guys yesterday. :appl:

Kristie, sigh, no Sammy sighting. So sad about that.

Girls, yesterday Ann came over and we saw her release Sammy. Sammy ran like the wind and we haven't seen her since. Went through security camera overnight pics and no Sammy. We saw Squirt, Fresca and Dr Pepper but Sammy did not come to the feeding station. I am sick with worry and heartbroken and imagining the worst. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Ann also found 5 kittens in the middle of the road yesterday morning before she brought Sammy back to us and she managed to get 2 of them who are sick. She is planing to try going back to get the other 3. Not sure if she will be able to try trapping Squirt, Fresca and Dr Pepper this week because she only has room for so many but tentatively it's on schedule for Wed/Thurs/Fri if she has room so we will see. And part of me is worrying because what if Sammy does try to come back to the feeding station just when Ann is there trying to trap the others and if she sees the trap she might never try returning again. So UPSET.

Ann said there is a man a few blocks from us that she is helping who now has 16!!!!! kittens. OMG I so don't want that situation. What a nightmare. But what else can we do but our best. I know that is true but it doesn't make me feel less sick thinking about Sammy and where she is and if she is OK or will not survive because we tried to do the right thing (as we saw it). You know what they say. The road to hell is paved with good intentions. :cry: :cry: :cry:

OK sorry to be doom and gloom on Mother's Day of all days. Just sharing my feelings and cannot censor them. :blackeye:

One piece of good news is that Ann asked if it was OK if she could adopt one of the newborn kittens from Sprite. Umm YES!!! She fell in love with the newborn who is mainly all white with a grey tail. No name yet. He's a boy and he reminds her of her cat who just died and feels perhaps he is a reincarnation of that cat. I am so pleased she is planning on adopting one of Sprite's kittens. So that leaves us with 2 to find homes for. Let's hope there are no more kittens from our feral crew that are coming. Fingers crossed.

We had a wonderful hike yesterday before we met with Ann. We hiked the Bayshore trail right on the bay. Greg took a pic of the scenery but don't have my phone near me right now with the photo so will share it later.

I hope all of you have a wonderful Sunday and happy Mother's Day!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results