clarity

New tattoo

Kelinas

Shiny_Rock
Favorite part is the head

cymera_20150708_235137.jpg

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh no! That's horrible-I'd be so ticked! Maybe the new artist can redo it?

I'm really loving your back piece. Haha mine doesn't go down near as far as yours and I was like ohhh I am SO fricking over this-I can only imagine how yours felt! He tells me I sit wonderfully and make it so easy to do his work but holy hannah...sometimes I want to holler MOTHER EFFER that HURTS! So I just smile and joke around and in my head I punch people.

Kelinas

Shiny_Rock
When he hit directly on my spine, I blurted out "you f***ing sadist, that sh*t hurts!"
He merely chuckled and reminded me that "this isn't torture, nor is this punishment. YOU are PAYING me to do this. Now stop squirming!"
Made me lol.
I see you got to sit for your tattoo. I had to lay down, spent 3 hours with my right arm completely asleep from the awkward angle!
Plus the sadist only allowed 3 "breaks"

2 - 1 minute chug-your-drink (literally)
1 - 5 minute break because I needed to use the restroom and stretch my body out.
But the end result was SO worth it!
*edit - weird autocorrect

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ugh I can't do breaks unless he needs to take one or I absolutely have to pee. I move when he stops to re-ink or when he switched machines to do different lines, changed gloves/wiped my back etc. For me it hurts worse to have that ahhhhhh moment of stopping for longer than a few seconds and then have to be worked on again. It's probably all in my head but I swear it's worse!

A guy across the room was getting a gigantic parrot chest piece outlined and he stopped in the middle of it to go out and smoke a cigarette. I cringed when he sat up and put his shirt on over it and walked out. :errrr:

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am loving these large back pieces ladies!!!

::::Living vicariously::::

Sigh...

Kelinas

Shiny_Rock
I had a zip up hoodie on backwards, so nothing would touch my back yet I'd still be covered.
Super awkward getting up while attempting to avoid flashing other patrons

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ha yeah it's hard isn't it? The first time, when he did the outline, was more awkward for me than the color session. I'd thought it would be fine-I had a bra on, then a supportive tank w/a shelf bra and then the racerback, so if I needed to move straps down I'd still be covered. We went so big w/it, he had to have the straps pulled so tight, and I was sitting so still while he was drawing on me, I ended up lightheaded and thought I was going to pass out! I've *never* had that happen before during a session-he hadn't even begun tattooing, it was just sharpie! I went to the bathroom and just stripped down to the racerback-which was loose and flowy-so no support whatsoever, and then pulled the straps down so it looked like a bandeau top--so there was a couple times I was like um...eh, good thing I'm not shy. Nobody wants to look at these crooked boobies anyway. This last time I had one of those wireless/light bralette things on, and then the tank and it worked way better.

Thanks House Cat! I'd love to be braver and go all the way down my back but not sure that'll ever happen!

Kelinas

Shiny_Rock
We discussed clothing during a consultation, he recommended a very, veryyyyyy low back dress or a backless halter. Didn't have either and didn't feel like spending money on purchasing clothing I'd never wear again so I asked a friend and she recommended the hoodie.
Plus it just gets so *cold* when he stops tattooing that I actually appreciated the sleeves of the hoodie.
It'll be the same for the color session - go in with a very loose button up to go home in and a hoodie for the tattoo.
I actually purchased one of the sticky bras to wear while healing so I may just wear that also.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
sticky bra-good idea! The hoodie is smart too-I brought thick socks w/me b/c I wear flip flops when it's warm outside-but after a while it's like your body goes into shock and I get cold. So I made JD put my socks on for me after a while and that helped a lot. I will use the hoodie idea too, especially during the colder months when we go, my arms always get cold being exposed like that so I have my jacket draped over part of me. Hoodie would work better.

Ahhh the rigamarole we go thru!

Kelinas

Shiny_Rock
Now my debate is colors,

I'm feeling trusting enough to let the artist choose but definitely gotta think about it.

Sky56

Brilliant_Rock
The frog on the leaf and flowers are such beautiful art ...and the black Chinese lucky cat too.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Sky!

Picking colors is agony. I've had a LOT of luck letting the artists choose. My cherry blossoms were a different artist than this whole big piece, and he said he had specific pinks and greens in mind for my skin. Of course I could say yay or nay, but I trusted that he knew what would jump off my skin and he was right-I was blown away.

The peony under my arm is the only one I gave any direction on and that was " :confused: ummmm..I like..um..purple? You know that purple that is kind of reddish too?" hahahahaha good lord. But it's perfect. I told him he had full control over the frog and mum, whatever he thought would look the best there. He kept the frog purple, which is wonderful but he used three different shades on him and now he just is incredible. And the mum-I'll tell you, I took pictures of a couple of our flowers that have a specific reddish pink color but he didn't get the email. So, I let him decide, and if he'd pressed and asked for more input, I would've said "eh, anything but orange". I love orange, don't get me wrong...but I never thought orange for *me*. When he was done, and I finally got up to look at it---yeah, orange is perfect. Orange and yellow and the purple of the frog, it's awesome.

Dying to see yours in color-it's going to be out of this world gorgeous!

Kelinas

Shiny_Rock
Originally I wanted deep jewel tones. One of my inspiration pictures was a tattoo done by Valerie Vargas and it was gorgeous. But my artist told me that honestly, it wouldn't look like the picture because I'm darker than the girl in the picture.
I Think we're going to go bright and use the jewel tones as accents in the eyes of the feathers. He recommended going with bright yet cool colors, then having the chunky red roses to balance the colors with a bit of warmth. Either way, I think I'll trust him on this one.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think that's a great plan! Sounds like you've got a great artist.

Valerie Vargas does beautiful work. I am on a tattoo forum and they rave about her there.

Kelinas

Shiny_Rock
This was the picture I fell in love with. I didn't want one that was so long, so I showed my artist this picture and told him I loved the colors and the roses - maybe we could use them to cover up my old tattoos, ya know?
He agreed that we should go wider instead of longer seeing as how I wanted it on my back and to lay out the feathers more.
Told him I trust him to draw it up and left.
Granted , day of the tattoo, I was in love with the stencil but I wasn't in love with it ON me. So he wiped off the majority of it and redrew it on me and I loved it.

traditional-peacock-tattoo8983.jpg

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh wow, that's beautiful!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
New work today. More on Christmas Eve. I better bring treats or tip double for him since he's working that night jeez. He's got kids and a wife too so I'm kinda surprised-but I wasn't about to not book the time since he's so dang hard to get in to.

Next time will be outlining the under arm since we didn't get that far, and then shading the entire piece. Then hopefully I can get another appointment before we go on vacation in March so it's done before then. Not that it matters I guess. Cuz once all this is done I gotta figure out what I'm moving on to next!

img_0213__2_.jpg

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
packrat|1444614785|3937359 said:
New work today. More on Christmas Eve. I better bring treats or tip double for him since he's working that night jeez. He's got kids and a wife too so I'm kinda surprised-but I wasn't about to not book the time since he's so dang hard to get in to.

Next time will be outlining the under arm since we didn't get that far, and then shading the entire piece. Then hopefully I can get another appointment before we go on vacation in March so it's done before then. Not that it matters I guess. Cuz once all this is done I gotta figure out what I'm moving on to next!

gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous, dear packrat.

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
Wow- you gals have amazing ink!!!! I love what you guys are getting done! You guys are definitely braver than me. i doubt that i could have sat through the amount of work that has been done and more that will be done...

AMAZING!!!!

I have very small tattoos that are symbols of my western and eastern horoscopes and my name.. those 3 were done on the same sitting over 10yrs ago. Last friday i finally got my Yin Yang that i have always wanted. Woo hoo! that makes 4. but i already have a 5th in mind! they are not artworks- just symbols.

Sorry the pics came out sideways.

_489.jpeg

_490.jpeg

_491.jpeg

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock

_492.jpeg

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
packrat|1444614785|3937359 said:

Do I spy another chrysanthemum on your arm?? I LOVE those things!! Looking beautiful!!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay I love to see new contributions!

Yep, another mum, not sure what color this will end up being. so so so happy w/how it's all turning out!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm almost DONE!

Well..with this piece anyway...I have two more sessions and then I will have to decide what I'm doing next.

10264953_10206398898906216_4294854033513508233_n.jpg

1724173_10206398900306251_7599352598636175493_n.jpg

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awesome, beautiful....well, actually words fail beyond that! :love: :love: :love:

edit: I guess I do have more to say...I can't believe how 3-D that central flower is - totally remarkable art.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
packrat|1452212589|3972368 said:
I'm almost DONE!

Well..with this piece anyway...I have two more sessions and then I will have to decide what I'm doing next.
Woah! I love how the black sets off everything else!! It's beautiful packrat!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Jimmianne and HC! I'm pretty damn thrilled with it I gotta say! Hurt like a ****, but considering the time during the month that it was, I'm not surprised.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow Packrat, It looks gorgeous!!!!! WOW WOW WOW!!!!

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:love: :appl: :love: so beautiful Love the black-love the whole piece. This guy shoud go on Ink Master and use your tatoo as his audition piece.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
lambskin|1452222473|3972435 said:
:love: :appl: :love: so beautiful Love the black-love the whole piece. This guy shoud go on Ink Master and use your tatoo as his audition piece.

he's actually been called about being on the show a couple time for different seasons but declined b/c he didn't want to be away from his kids. For that kind of possible pay out, I'd probably *make* JD go haha!

He's the hardest artist to get an appt with that I've ever been to. My appointment was originally for Christmas Eve but we ran into a blizzard on our way down there so we had to turn back. I called to reschedule the second they opened and the line was already busy--when I finally got thru, I said I would just take whatever was open with him, no matter the day/time and take the day off work if it was during the week. The front desk guy says "Well, I just hung up w/someone who had to cancel with him next Sunday at 1, you want it?" HECK YES I want it! So I booked my next appt after we got done Sunday-had to go to March..which works fine since I could get in during spring break.

He really is amazing. No stencils either-it's all drawn on free hand w/sharpie.

Action shot!

1915781_10206398416134147_1757913293704708210_n.jpg

Kelinas

Shiny_Rock
Omg :love:

Love this!!! I like how the black makes everything pop and stand out!!

No progress from me yet - spent way too much money going to korea.
Although I did add to my thigh while I was in Korea (it sated my itch)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results