shape
carat
color
clarity

New tattoo

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I got a new tattoo Saturday. Stupid internet connection was lost while I was posting, so I'm starting all over here..

What I came out w/is nothing like what I went in asking for, but I am thrilled regardless!

Am considering continuing the blossoms across my back around my frog and down my other arm, either in a different color, or the same color w/a different color spaced throughout the whole piece. Or, adding a "halo" of color around the outside of the blossoms, which is more like the inspiration picture I had. Or I may just leave it alone!

You can see parts of the blossoms from the front too..it's kinda neat, the peekaboo aspect of it.

_4394.jpg

image__4_.jpg

0309132323.jpg

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
Cute! What others do you have? We need a tattoo thread :wink2: I'm pretty heavily inked myself (both 1/2 sleeves, left lower leg "sleeve", full back piece, both feet, etc....) DH and I are going on April 6 to get our EQ memorial tattoos. I'll be sure to post pics.

BTW...there's a glaring absence of bling in these pics! :lol:

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Neat tattoos and cute haircut.

Lil Misfit, what is the "EQ" in EQ memorial tattoos?

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks LM! ha, I did actually take pics before we went for the appt b/c I thought I looked thin in the clothes I was wearing, so I had bling showing then!

I've got my frog and then the circlet on my upper arm, both my feet are done--tho soon to be done waaaaay better-I've got three sides of my ankles done-Tigger, a rose and a dragon.

I showed the artist my feet while he was working on my back and he suggested peonies. One huge peony on each foot, maybe so that when my feet are positioned together they match up. I told him he can pretty much do what he wants, he can use my toes, whatever he needs. I looooove peonies.

Do you have pics of what you have?

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks mary poppins!

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
mary poppins|1363131663|3403304 said:

EQ was the name of my sweet beautiful 16 year old kitty who passed away on December 1st. I got her when I was in school for audio engineering, hence the name EQ. :wink2:

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
packrat|1363131829|3403307 said:
Thanks LM! ha, I did actually take pics before we went for the appt b/c I thought I looked thin in the clothes I was wearing, so I had bling showing then!

I've got my frog and then the circlet on my upper arm, both my feet are done--tho soon to be done waaaaay better-I've got three sides of my ankles done-Tigger, a rose and a dragon.

I showed the artist my feet while he was working on my back and he suggested peonies. One huge peony on each foot, maybe so that when my feet are positioned together they match up. I told him he can pretty much do what he wants, he can use my toes, whatever he needs. I looooove peonies.

Do you have pics of what you have?

I'd love to see your other tattoos. I have pics somewhere on this computer. Let me dig 'em up and I'll be back.

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
Ok....here's a couple:

My feet and ankles (lotus on my right, cherry blossoms on my left, right ankle is a fairy blowing fairy dust with a breast cancer awareness ribbon on the other side)
feet.jpg

My left leg outside (got this first, then the inside)
legoutside.jpg

My left leg inside
leginside3.jpg
leginside2.jpg
leginside1.jpg

My left ribs
ribs.jpg

Still looking for my arms and back...

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
My back
backtattoo_jpg.jpg

My right arm
rightarm.jpg

My left arm
leftarm.jpg

My back and the insides of both arms that you can't really see in the other pics
back_arms.jpg

I also have a ring of roses around my navel and a matching rose with a long curly stem on my right hip, a Hawaiian fish hook with plumeria on my left hip and a pawprint with a ribbon with EQ's name on my right wrist, but I can't seem to find pics of those.

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
Forgot to mention, in my thread hijack, that I love your haircut, packrat! :wink2:

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Holy cow LM you got some tats now! looooove them! I love seeing women w/lots of tattoos, it's so sexy to me.

I have a pinterest board of things that interest me, different ideas..I can't get enough of them.

I don't have pics of my other ones..I can try to get some later.

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
packrat|1363135856|3403393 said:
Holy cow LM you got some tats now! looooove them! I love seeing women w/lots of tattoos, it's so sexy to me.

I have a pinterest board of things that interest me, different ideas..I can't get enough of them.

I don't have pics of my other ones..I can try to get some later.

Thanks! I'm slightly addicted. LOL And yes, I want to see the rest of yours!

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Beautiful tattoos! But the first thing I noticed was your cute haircut :rodent: Your hair looks so silky and soft!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks about my hair you two! I finally got the nerve up to go pretty short after losing some weight..and am planning on going shorter next month. I've got this whole plan for new clothes/hair for JD's graduation from the police academy in April..cuz you know..everything is all about meeeee.

Ugh, LM seriously, you are making me reconsider my decision to not do my entire back.

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
packrat|1363139100|3403461 said:
Ugh, LM seriously, you are making me reconsider my decision to not do my entire back.

DO IT!!!!! :appl:

Malbec54

Shiny_Rock
All I can say is OUCH, and how cool that you two posted your pictures. Super vibrant colors in both your tattoos. Love it!

I have cherry blossoms on my shoulder blade, and another one which is fairly large on the lower opposite side (which hurt like you wouldn't believe). I only sat for 2 1/2 hours, and I didn't have the stamina for one second longer. You ladies are pretty tough!!!

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lil Misfit|1363133164|3403346 said:

EQ was the name of my sweet beautiful 16 year old kitty who passed away on December 1st. I got her when I was in school for audio engineering, hence the name EQ. :wink2:

Oh yeah, I remember that thread. I wasn't putting 2 and 2 together. A memorial tattoo is a great idea. Any ideas regarding what it will look like?

ETA: Sorry for the threadjack. :oops:

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Threadjack away! I love to talk/hear about tattoos, so the more the merrier I say.

I kind of want to add a blossom or two to the front of my shoulder, so it's like they're blowing up and over as well as across and down. When my arm is down there is an empty spot off to the side, so maybe a couple there too. I am also thinking of doing butterflies/dragonflies on the opposite side instead of more flowers, but done the same way, scattered around and down the arm and then to the front a little bit too..I'd like to be able to have them seen from the front on both sides when I have a tank top on.

There's so many things I want, I need to think what is most important to me, and how to get them arranged in spots so they all work together.

Was going to put my tattoo board on here but then realized the link has my name so figured I'd get in trouble so decided I better not.

Anyone w/tattoos on their sides?

LM, do you get much opportunity to show off your full back?

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
Great ink Packrat & LM! I love it all. I have one small tattoo on my back and have considered getting one more. The problem is I'm a wimp :nono: I have a very high tolerance for pain under most circumstances but my little tattoo, yipes :(sad
Dh got one a couple years back by a very well respected artist. I'll take a pic of his tomorrow & post it. Fun thread. Maybe you can title it: Show Me Your Ink and get it pinned in Hangout :cheeky:

CharmedOne

Brilliant_Rock
I love them all too! You gals so rock. I have always wanted to get a tattoo but I am allergic to everything and after I saw someone's tattoo that keloid. I totally chickened out. I would love one on my foot, hand, wrist and behind my war. Oh and I would LOVE to get an industrial piercing. Maybe I'll grow a pair lol idk. But you gals are just beautiful with your amazing ink!!!!

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
packrat|1363229796|3404488 said:
Threadjack away! I love to talk/hear about tattoos, so the more the merrier I say.

I kind of want to add a blossom or two to the front of my shoulder, so it's like they're blowing up and over as well as across and down. When my arm is down there is an empty spot off to the side, so maybe a couple there too. I am also thinking of doing butterflies/dragonflies on the opposite side instead of more flowers, but done the same way, scattered around and down the arm and then to the front a little bit too..I'd like to be able to have them seen from the front on both sides when I have a tank top on.

There's so many things I want, I need to think what is most important to me, and how to get them arranged in spots so they all work together.

Was going to put my tattoo board on here but then realized the link has my name so figured I'd get in trouble so decided I better not.

Anyone w/tattoos on their sides?

LM, do you get much opportunity to show off your full back?

I think you should definitely go for it. That would be so pretty!

I only have the one on my side/ribs - the Johnny Cash song. It hurt like a bitch, but was over in 20 minutes.

I don't get very many opportunities to show off my full back, unless I'm in a swimsuit, but I do have a lot of low back cut shirts that allow me to show at least half of it most of the time. I also have a few full open back shirts, but I can't wear a bra with them, so I'm kind of
:errrr: about doing that. LOL

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
CharmedOne|1363235445|3404550 said:
I love them all too! You gals so rock. I have always wanted to get a tattoo but I am allergic to everything and after I saw someone's tattoo that keloid. I totally chickened out. I would love one on my foot, hand, wrist and behind my war. Oh and I would LOVE to get an industrial piercing. Maybe I'll grow a pair lol idk. But you gals are just beautiful with your amazing ink!!!!

Start with your wrist. It's the least painful of the areas you mentioned. Your foot will be the worst, no lie.

fiona00004

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
INK!!!!!!! :appl: Ilove ALL your tattoos!!!! I seriously agree... that inked women are sexy! I especially admire thelarge pieces and definitely the sleeve! I dream of getting myself a sleeve someday... want sort of like a watercolor painting with no black outlining at all... something flowery and decorative. I have a few maroon colored star on my lower back, my son't name on my left forearm, and my daughter's name in purple on my right forearm. I had my daughter's name don a couple weeks ago and once it was done great! Once it healed ... oh, crap! Healed horribly... the writing is all fuzzy... color gone... looked soooo messed up! :(( I gotta wait another couple weeks for a touch up. I am sooooo afraid the same thing is going to happen again!!! I am so afraid that maybe it could be the artist not doing someyhng right... :oops:

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
LM-What shop do you go to?

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
DH's ink. He is an avid chess player. Had a local artist design it. We both love it :love: I told him he has to get the queen next-but with my face on it :lol: Thats from the shoulder down the arm in case you can't tell in the pic.

rob_knight_tat.jpg

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
mary poppins|1363225942|3404443 said:
Lil Misfit|1363133164|3403346 said:

Oh yeah, I remember that thread. I wasn't putting 2 and 2 together. A memorial tattoo is a great idea. Any ideas regarding what it will look like?

ETA: Sorry for the threadjack. :oops:

Hi. Yes, it's going to be a black Maneki Neko with an evil smirk and a halo. The coin that she'll be holding will have her actual pawprint with her ashes mixed into the ink. DH is adding fire, smoke and lightening to his. Not sure if I want to do that yet. We are meeting with my artist on Saturday to go over the final details, so it's possible.

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Art works.

Pure and simple.

CharmedOne

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you so much LM! Glad you told me that I would have started with the foot. :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results