shape
carat
color
clarity

New tattoo

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Packrat, I love your new tattoos and the color is great on your skin :) I too like painted ladies! REALLY like the colors in the new upper sleeve. Beautiful, flowing work.

Lil Misfit...You have AMAZING ink! the work on your legs is just wonderful.

Here is mine. It's on the top of my arm, almost at my shoulder. I can wear most short sleeved shirts and be hidden when I want to be hidden. I need to get the white touched up. I had my first (and only so far) tat at 48 :)

shouldertat1.jpg

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Lil Misfit|1390268087|3597338 said:
Great new additions, Packrat! I especially LOVE your feet! The colors are so vibrant!!!!!

Anybody else want to add any? I think I posted my EQ memorial tattoo somewhere last year, but here it is again in case you missed it.

manekineko.jpg

It's been 9 months since I've had any work done and seeing all these pics makes me want to start planning something...

This has got to be one of the most fabulous tattoos I have seen...I LOVE IT!

LoversKites

Brilliant_Rock
I'd like to get a small tattoo or two some time but I first have to spend a bunch of time thinking of something meaningful. How do you come up with ideas? And do you just pick what appeals most or do they all have meanings, symbolism and such?

I especially like everyone's flower themed ones

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks az and mm! I always complain about being so dang pale, but it does make the colors jump out at you, soooo I guess it's a trade off.

mm, your blossoms are gorgeous!

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
LoversKites|1407619539|3729335 said:
I'd like to get a small tattoo or two some time but I first have to spend a bunch of time thinking of something meaningful. How do you come up with ideas? And do you just pick what appeals most or do they all have meanings, symbolism and such?

It took me a couple of years to narrow it down. I could not think of anything I wanted to be tied to forever. Then my daughter had a car accident at 17 and was ejected from the car. She broke her back. She is okay now (thanks to UVA pediatrics) but it completely changed my life to be so close to losing her. When things settled down and she was back in school, there was a part of me that was unsettled. Life is short and that was something that was on my mind all the time. Almost to a point of post traumatic disorder (she called me instead of 911...I can't forget some of that call and the wait while I hoped the rescue squad could find her)
The cherry blossom is a symbol of the brevity of life. A reminder to live well and enjoy life.

I used a local artist and wanted the look to be like a charcoal drawing. No hard edges...soft. She drew it out a couple of times and then did it. It hurts like a cat scratch to have it done. Not terrible, not comfortable.

A little advice on a "tiny" tattoo. If you get something the size of a walnut, it won't have much impact. May I suggest if you decide to jump in and do it make sure it is big enough to have an impact...otherwise it looks like a little sticker. That is the advice my tattooist gave me when I talked about a little flower.

Good Luck!

Packrat - thanks :) Yes, your light skin is a fantastic color canvas

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
mm, when I got my first at 18 it was small, but actually "big" by some standards, not quite the length of my index finger. It seemed big at the time, took 40 minutes. They've gotten progressively larger/longer sitting times as I've gone on. Now I'm pretty much at the go big or go home stage, for my upper body at least, so it will all seem like one tattoo but require many hours of sitting. Big impact is what I like ahahahaha!

Some things too, you can't get the detail in a walnut size one that you can if it's bigger.

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
moneymeister|1407618933|3729332 said:
Packrat, I love your new tattoos and the color is great on your skin :) I too like painted ladies! REALLY like the colors in the new upper sleeve. Beautiful, flowing work.

Here is mine. It's on the top of my arm, almost at my shoulder. I can wear most short sleeved shirts and be hidden when I want to be hidden. I need to get the white touched up. I had my first (and only so far) tat at 48 :)

shouldertat1.jpg

I really like this tattoo, I am partial to flowers!

LoversKites

Brilliant_Rock
moneymeister|1407621248|3729349 said:
LoversKites|1407619539|3729335 said:

It took me a couple of years to narrow it down. I could not think of anything I wanted to be tied to forever. Then my daughter had a car accident at 17 and was ejected from the car. She broke her back. She is okay now (thanks to UVA pediatrics) but it completely changed my life to be so close to losing her. When things settled down and she was back in school, there was a part of me that was unsettled. Life is short and that was something that was on my mind all the time. Almost to a point of post traumatic disorder (she called me instead of 911...I can't forget some of that call and the wait while I hoped the rescue squad could find her)
The cherry blossom is a symbol of the brevity of life. A reminder to live well and enjoy life.

I used a local artist and wanted the look to be like a charcoal drawing. No hard edges...soft. She drew it out a couple of times and then did it. It hurts like a cat scratch to have it done. Not terrible, not comfortable.

A little advice on a "tiny" tattoo. If you get something the size of a walnut, it won't have much impact. May I suggest if you decide to jump in and do it make sure it is big enough to have an impact...otherwise it looks like a little sticker. That is the advice my tattooist gave me when I talked about a little flower.

Good Luck!

Packrat - thanks :) Yes, your light skin is a fantastic color canvas

Thank you for sharing your experience and the great meaning behind your tattoo. I'm glad she made it out alright. I appreciate your advice about the size too. Maybe getting one that is larger and has more meaning will be a better idea. Hmmm, it will require some thought. Luckily I have time on my side.

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
moneymeister|1407618933|3729332 said:

Thanks, MM! My guy rocks! :D

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My daughter just got some white tattoos and I love them. Now I'm thinking of getting a bit of lace on my arms.
Jury is still out if white lasts, but while it does it's beautiful.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
^I had white in my one and only (very small) tattoo and the white faded completely pretty quickly.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
White will not stay white, sadly. Even the white highlights put into my feet 18 months ago are not the brilliant white they were initially. All colors will change just a smidge b/c of your skin tone, white of course being the most obvious. White will turn more ivory/yellow-ish cast. The artists where we go get a lot of requests for white. They will do them, but don't like to, and make sure the customer understands what will happen at some point to the white, so there's no surprises. It may take a few years even, depending on your body chemistry, so just something to be aware of. Tattoos suck to get-it's not fun and it doesn't feel good, and it can be spendy, so make sure it's something you want.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
New work done on my arm a couple weeks ago. These are pics from that night, so it's swollen and angry looking. One of the pictures is of the top of my arm. The new stuff is on the underside. The top of the arm pic is b/c he outlined the blue peony again in a couple spots and added some white highlights randomly on the cherry blossoms around there.

img_7381.jpg

img_7382.jpg

img_7383.jpg

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Underside of the arm sucks. There's something connected too, some sort of nerve apparently, from the underarm to the feet b/c I started laughing and I'm like OMG can you feel that? I'm sorry, I swear I'm not making my leg jerk like that! Crazy.

So this part anyway is done. We tried to get in over Christmas break and it filled up so fast, we had to put it off until February--but nobody called to reschedule and let us know that they were hosting the Best of the Midwest tattoo convention-it was just dumb luck that I happened to email to make sure the appts were still on since we'd made them so far in advance and found out. So they jockeyed things around to get us in March 1st.

I've got 2 more appts set up, end of May and end of June. We will be adding to the other side where all the singular big cherry blossoms are, adding more flowers and some wind bars and bringing it up and across the top of my back to connect to this part. Redoing the frog back there as well..he's about 15 years old now and needs some new ink.

img_7384.jpg

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful!!!

I love how feminine it is.

I have been itching for more ink, it's been to long.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks! It's hard to wait for new work, that's for sure!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
gorgeous!

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
I love it!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
thanks!

fiona00004

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Amazing ink work Packrat!! I LOOOVE sleeves. I think it looks very sexy on women!!

Don't mean to thread jack here but since others have shared their ink also, I though I could add mine to this thread instead of starting another. There aren't many tattoo threads on PS ;-)

Mine swelled like crazy also... and I learned that my healing includes MEGA eczema flare ups so I had to put some hydrocortisone during the healing time too... but everything ended up okay! :razz:

Sorry for the poor quality poor angled photos....REALLY tricky taking self pics with a heavy iPad :lol:

_27904.jpg

_27905.jpg

_27906.jpg

_27903.jpg

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
That's really pretty Fi! I love to see tattoos, so that's certainly not threadjacking by any means! I'm on a tattoo forum and mostly just scroll for pictures haha.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Those new ones are really pretty, Packrat! :appl:

They are very artistic, and whoever did the work and/or designed it has talent. :love:

Very lovely, young lady. :)

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fi Z|1426305474|3846953 said:
Amazing ink work Packrat!! I LOOOVE sleeves. I think it looks very sexy on women!!

Don't mean to thread jack here but since others have shared their ink also, I though I could add mine to this thread instead of starting another. There aren't many tattoo threads on PS ;-)

Mine swelled like crazy also... and I learned that my healing includes MEGA eczema flare ups so I had to put some hydrocortisone during the healing time too... but everything ended up okay! :razz:

Sorry for the poor quality poor angled photos....REALLY tricky taking self pics with a heavy iPad :lol:

Are you on the East or West coast?
I ask because I know an artist on the West coast who does beautiful delicate work like this : )

fiona00004

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Jimmianne|1426377436|3847305 said:
Fi Z|1426305474|3846953 said:

Are you on the East or West coast?
I ask because I know an artist on the West coast who does beautiful delicate work like this : )

I am on the east coast in Montreal. My artist is EXTREMELY talented. Lacks people skills to be honest, but has a very good eye and everything she has tattooed is very very well done. She goes to South Africa to do tattoos also.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks iLander!

Kelinas

Shiny_Rock
Hi!
Question: has anyone gotten a sternum tattoo? I want one but my tattoo artist told me that people tend to pass out so he wants me to really think about it.

I go in 2 weeks to get my "drunk 15 year olds cool idea of a rad tattoos" covered up.
Then in May, I'll be getting a peninsula (shapes like South Korea) covered in the rose of Sharon on my ribcage.

I just got this one done on the 12th.

cymera_20150315_112442.jpg

___1.jpg

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don't have any on my sternum. I can see it being a tender spot tho. It will vibrate up into your head/jaw and that is irritating and uncomfortable.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
packrat|1426433777|3847528 said:
I don't have any on my sternum. I can see it being a tender spot tho. It will vibrate up into your head/jaw and that is irritating and uncomfortable.
I have a large sun and moon right above my belly button, done about 20 years ago, so I am not too keen on photographing. It was a four hour piece and I can attest to the sensitivity of that area. I walked out of the tattoo parlour in shock. Not with the usual "i got a tattoo" buzz that I loved so much. The feeling was more nausea, dissociation, and when I got home I went straight to bed.

I know everyone says this, but I actually do have a high tolerance for pain. That was some serious business that I would never go through again.

On a lighter note, the tattoo was hysterical when I got pregnant. It doubled in size.

Kelinas

Shiny_Rock
House Cat|1426434433|3847536 said:
On a lighter note, the tattoo was hysterical when I got pregnant. It doubled in size.
:appl: :appl: :lol: :lol: :lol:

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
The new ink looks great, Packie! And yes, I totally agree about the underside of the arm. Holy pain and swelling, batman!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results