shape
carat
color
clarity

New Status, New Job, New State… old Gypsy

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, 3 of life's most stressful events in quick succession, glad to hear you are bearing up so well! Fingers crossed they will progress smoothly as much as possible.

Good to hear you and your ex remain as friends.

And welcome back to being Gypsy again.

DK :))

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
welcome back, sorry about your recent challenges.

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm sorry to hear about your latest challenges! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that everything settles in very quickly!

Delighted to have you back on PS, though! The PS family is always there for you ❤️

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome back Gypsy and best wishes to you! Clearly you have been missed!

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Gypsy! Welcome back! You will laugh, but I actually thought about you yesterday—LandsEnd pajamas are on sale! Hah!

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome back! It will be great to see your posts again. They are always so informative.

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Welcome back, Gypsy! It will be nice to have you sharing your knowledge here again. And best wishes with the changes in your personal life.

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,
Welcome back Gypsy!, Your new life will be great, because people like you and that will make it easier. I wish all your dreams come true.

Annette

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome back!

So sorry to hear about all the changes going on with you You will find your feet & some stability once you settle, and changing your job will be a big help on your journey to a fresh start.

MillieLou

Brilliant_Rock
Though I wasn't here when you were here previously, like others, I have read and learned SO much from your past posts. You always seemed truly knowledgeable and so generous with your time and expertise. I am sorry to hear what a difficult time you've been through and wish you all the best with coming through the other side. I look forward to seeing you here!

MrsBlue

Brilliant_Rock
Hello Gypsy!

When I first found PS, a young man with a tight budget was on here looking for something nice for his fiance. Within minutes you found him a gorgeous vintage diamond ring for $300 on ebay. Your kindness and diamond sniffing powers made an impression on me. I never forgot how happy you made that guy.

Best wishes for a bright new life. I hope to learn a lot from you.

Ionysis

Brilliant_Rock
I know this sounds strange but part of me always rejoices to see a woman in the process of embracing the next phase of life. I can totally appreciate how extremely difficult it is to deal with such a series of traumatic and stressful situations. But I love to see one of us forging a new and exciting path.

My mother never broke away from a miserable and stultifying marriage (of over 40 years duration) and now at the age of 75, with my dad passed away five years ago, she deeply regrets the lost opportunities in her life. She now feels it’s too late to fulfil all of the ambitions and aspirations she feels “cheated” of (albeit of her own making) and is sad and bitter and blames the world for not having given her the life she would have idealised.

My own view is that it’s never too late to embrace change, challenge and open up to new experiences. All too often the person we share our lives with can become an excuse to do all the wrong things and not do the things that might make us truly happy. We, as women, prioritise the needs of others (husband, kids, friends, colleagues) and subjugate our own.

I both envy and laud to the high heavens anyone who can break those suffocating bonds and has the bravery to strike out on a new road. It’s terrifying and horrifying and something many people simply couldn’t face or bear. And some of us don’t have the choice - we are flung into it without warning. But i think these situations can offer the most incredible opportunities.

Wishing you the best of luck after navigating the latest “bend in the road”.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wishing you the very best as you move forward! Lovely to see you back!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Welcome back Gypsy!

Thank you LLS!
Oh @Gypsy, I'm sorry for the huge upheaval to your life! You sound like one seriously tough cookie. I'm glad that in the midst of everything, PS can still be an escape an a safe haven for you. It's so lovely to see you back.

Hi Dandi, how are you? Thank you for the vote of confidence. It's lovely to see you too.
Well PS just took a turn for the better! Really happy to have you back Gypsy!

Hi Bonfire! How are you? Thank you so much for the wonderful welcome. It's great to see you.
I am so sorry to hear of all the "rain" in your life but welcome back to a ray of sunshine to the forum!!!!
Welcome back!!!!!!

Thank you Karl. Life is what it is, right?

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy, When I read your post my very first thought was I so hope you get the house of your dreams filled with lots of love and kitties.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Gypsy! It’s good to see you posting again!

I still owe you a birthday lunch… we are planning a trip through the Gulf States sometime next year, so getting together for that isn’t outside the realm of possibility!

Thank you my friend. I'd love to see you anytime you are in the area. My parents and uncle are still in the Bay, so I'll be up around there too at times. I'm actually going to be there at the end of this month, but it's only for 36 hours. I do owe you a Congratulations lunch. :)
Oh. Hugs, honey. Life is… Life. We’ve all been there. Maybe not exactly where you are right this moment, but… Yeah. We get it. It’s hard to move on, good for you for finding yourself in the chaos.

Welcome back here! PS has missed you. ❤️

Hi Yssie, I don't know if I've found myself yet, but I have figured our something and am working on the rest. How are you? Thank you for the welcome.

Missed you so much!! Sorry to hear about the separation but I am glad that you guys handled it well and most importantly are still friends. Hopefully things will get better with the new beginning. Welcome back. We kept your seat warm while you took a break!
Hi Diamondbug, thank you for the warm welcome and seat!

GYPSY!!!!!! :appl:

It is SO great to see you back! Though I hate that you've had to endure so much turmoil :((. It's so hard to come to terms with such significant change and loss, but I'm not surprised at all that you've persevered and landed on your feet. Your best adventures lie ahead!

A hearty welcome back to the consumer side....looking forward to seeing a lot of you around here, just like the old days. 8)
Hi KD! How are you? I am happy to be back. Yes, just like the old days. So many years ago now. It's all a journey right?

I’m sorry life has been so difficult for you lately. I hope your new life will bring better time.
Thank you very much Austina,

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm sorry to hear of your troubles, but it's lovely to see you here again, Gypsy. Welcome back!

Thank you Kim, it's lovely to see you too.
Welcome back!
sorry that you had to go thru the hard life changes in recent time.
Here’s hoping that your fresh start will continue to keep you upbeat.

Hi Greg, Thank you. Good to see you!
I know this sounds strange but part of me always rejoices to see a woman in the process of embracing the next phase of life. I can totally appreciate how extremely difficult it is to deal with such a series of traumatic and stressful situations. But I love to see one of us forging a new and exciting path.

My mother never broke away from a miserable and stultifying marriage (of over 40 years duration) and now at the age of 75, with my dad passed away five years ago, she deeply regrets the lost opportunities in her life. She now feels it’s too late to fulfil all of the ambitions and aspirations she feels “cheated” of (albeit of her own making) and is sad and bitter and blames the world for not having given her the life she would have idealised.

My own view is that it’s never too late to embrace change, challenge and open up to new experiences. All too often the person we share our lives with can become an excuse to do all the wrong things and not do the things that might make us truly happy. We, as women, prioritise the needs of others (husband, kids, friends, colleagues) and subjugate our own.

I both envy and laud to the high heavens anyone who can break those suffocating bonds and has the bravery to strike out on a new road. It’s terrifying and horrifying and something many people simply couldn’t face or bear. And some of us don’t have the choice - we are flung into it without warning. But i think these situations can offer the most incredible opportunities.

Wishing you the best of luck after navigating the latest “bend in the road”.
Hello Ionysis, I'm not quite at the embrace change stage yet. I'm still at endure change for most of it. But thank you for sharing your story with me and for the good luck. Much appreciated.

Wishing you the very best as you move forward! Lovely to see you back!
Hi AprilBaby, it's so good to see you too!

Gypsy, When I read your post my very first thought was I so hope you get the house of your dreams filled with lots of love and kitties.

Hi Callie, from your lips (fingers?).... There will be many kitties in any house I own. We both know that. How are your fur babies?

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome back, Gypsy. Sorry about all the downs and I hope there will be many silver linings and new doors. This community will be thrilled to have your wisdom and expertise!

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Hi @Gypsy! Thrilled to have you back with your old moniker, and sorry to hear about the life changes that you’re going through. In my times of challenge, this quote has really helped me find peace:

Rule 13

Try not to resist the changes, which come your way. Instead let life live through you. And do not worry that your life is turning upside down. How do you know that the side you are used to is better than the one to come?

bright&shiny

Brilliant_Rock
@Gypsy - I’m sorry for the toad that’s brought you back, but I’m certainly glad we get to hear your voice again!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No matter what happens, you are always welcomed back to the PS family.

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi RAINY! I've missed you honey. How the heck are ya? Thank you dear.

I'm well, no complaints! ...er, except for this stupid pandemic.

I was happy to read that you and your DH are still friends, work-in-progress. I'm glad you don't have the added load of struggling with a contentious, possibly scary, break. And I think I stopped breathing for a bit when I read you had just moved to TX... but then of course you made a perfectly grounded, compassionate response to someone else regarding that. Your perspective is one of those qualities that is so valuable, and will carry you far in life, as it already has!

Cristallo

Shiny_Rock
Welcome back Gypsy! =)2

Sorry you had to go thru a lot this year. I look forward to see you post a lot more now on the forum.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Welcome back, Gypsy. Sorry about all the downs and I hope there will be many silver linings and new doors. This community will be thrilled to have your wisdom and expertise!

Thank you peacechick! I hope you are right. And I am happy to have the community's support.

Hi @Gypsy! Thrilled to have you back with your old moniker, and sorry to hear about the life changes that you’re going through. In my times of challenge, this quote has really helped me find peace:

Rule 13

Try not to resist the changes, which come your way. Instead let life live through you. And do not worry that your life is turning upside down. How do you know that the side you are used to is better than the one to come?
Hi Indylady, how are you? That is a good quote. And it does help, thank you.

@Gypsy - I’m sorry for the toad that’s brought you back, but I’m certainly glad we get to hear your voice again!

Thank you bright&shiny.
No matter what happens, you are always welcomed back to the PS family.

Thank you so much chrono! Missed you.
Welcome back Gypsy! =)2

Sorry you had to go thru a lot this year. I look forward to see you post a lot more now on the forum.

Thank you for the welcome Cristallo.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm well, no complaints! ...er, except for this stupid pandemic.

I was happy to read that you and your DH are still friends, work-in-progress. I'm glad you don't have the added load of struggling with a contentious, possibly scary, break. And I think I stopped breathing for a bit when I read you had just moved to TX... but then of course you made a perfectly grounded, compassionate response to someone else regarding that. Your perspective is one of those qualities that is so valuable, and will carry you far in life, as it already has!

Thank you honey. It was the only move that would give me the emotional support I need with all the family here and the lower cost of living I desperately needed. I struggled with the political reasons. I was really worried and I can't say it wasn't justified-- I've run into some unpleasantness. But at the same time... it's good for my personal growth to step outside my liberal bubble. And maybe I can do some good.

I have been wanting to move out of Nor Cal for well over a decade. A DECADE. But my husband didn't want to leave. Loves it there. So the first chance I had to get out.... I had to take it.

mwilliamanderson

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Gypsy,
I remember you from back in my early days here on Pricescope before you began working for Wink. You were always knowledgeable, diplomatic and kind in your thread contributions. Good luck finding your feet in this new chapter of your life. Nice to read your voice again.

Polished

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome back Gypsy. You always came across as someone with an indomitable spirit so I hope you've put your stamp on your new life, perhaps, even more than you realize.

I have to ask - do you still have that gorgeous halo engagement ring? Ah I've just seen your new thread.

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So happy to see you back Gypsy!!! You’ve been missed! I’m sorry to hear about your recent struggles but I’m hopeful things will take a turn for the better. Lots of hugs!

Btw, I definitely thought I had clicked on an old thread when I saw your name and had to do a double (ok maybe triple) take lol

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Omg, GYPSY, you are back!!! It's so wonderful to "see" you again, even though I was sad to read about the misfortunes that you had to deal with. I've been through a very similar situation in the past and I understand how you feel. Separating from a husband, being away from your beloved cats and moving to a different state is a lot. Nevertheless, it is a new beginning and I'm sure that eventually it will bring inspiration, motivation and happiness in your life. It brought all that and much more to my life!
I've had my own share of misfortunes during the last nine months. Serious health problems... But my PS family was always there for me. So welcome back to your family! We are delighted to have you back Gypsy.... ❤

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, absolutely delighted you are back! No one filled your shoes while you were on the Trade side, so its nice to have your spark, wit, and love for our furry friends back! Welcoming you with wide open arms.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results