shape
carat
color
clarity

My upgrade and second Leon

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good Lord, Boom!

If there''s anyone''s jewelry box on PS that I covet, it''s absolutely yours! This new Leon is beautiful, your Asscher is stunning.

It''s almost like you have nothing left to buy!

Bwahahahahahaha.
2.gif

Wear them all in good health, Boom!
9.gif

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
They''re all amazing, but the Asscher is my favorite! That setting is just exquisite. I like how low Leon makes his settings, so those big doorknob rocks won''t get bumped around too much!

jfo

Brilliant_Rock
You have an incredible collection! If, someday, I might find myself wanting an upgrade ring, I would absolutely want that ring. It''s simple and magnificent! Happy anniversary!
36.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous rings
3.gif
3.gif
3.gif
3.gif
3.gif
3.gif
3.gif

Heishman

Shiny_Rock
Boom, your collection is beautiful.
30.gif

I love your Leon RB solitare. I am looking to change my solitare setting and I love Leon''s work.
I noticed that KD had mentioned some modifications that you made to the orginal classic solitare setting.
I love how sleek and low set your solitare looks, are these the changes that you made to the orginal Leon Solitare?
It is funny that you posted the "push present" I am prego with my 3rd and I forwarded my hubby the definition of the ''Push present" we will see what transpires, but i am not going to hold my breath. I just recently got an upgrade for my 30th.

twigski

Rough_Rock
Boom,
I love the ring you refer to as the MWM ring. I''m new to this forum so I don''t really know what that means but it''s beautiful! I was wondering if you could give me more info on it. If you don''t mind me asking what is the ct sz of the center stone & what is the total of the surrounding baguettes & detail diamonds?

nala2000

Rough_Rock
Oh me oh my Boom.....Your rings are INCREDIBLE! I especially like your new one, Very BIG and Classy! Congratulations!
36.gif

Boom

Shiny_Rock
Thank you once again everyone!

Kasey3 - The shank is about 1.6 to 1.7mm wide. I usually wear a 6.25 - 6.5 on my ring finger, but the newest one is 6.75 and I''m finding it a little loose. I think it would fit perfectly if I wore a wedding band on the same finger.

LucyH - Congrats on your pregnancy! The modification I asked for was not done on this ring. I''d wanted the prongs to start off close together, then flare out as they reached the top of the stone. But I''d also asked for the stone to be set as low as possible, so I don''t think Leon was able to incorporate that modification into the ring.

twigski - The MWM setting (made by Mark Morrell) is not pictured since I had the stone removed. Are you referring to the antique ring? The vendor told me the ring is from the 1920s and the center stone is between 0.85 to 0.9 cts, but otherwise I have very little information about it. Sorry.

winternight

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! I love your collection! Beyound gorgous!!! Lucky you!

HappyAnniversary

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful rings! Happy Anniversary! What is a "push" present?

InlovewithJHK

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/26/2007 1:40:09 AM
Author: twigski
Boom,
I love the ring you refer to as the MWM ring. I''m new to this forum so I don''t really know what that means but it''s beautiful! I was wondering if you could give me more info on it. If you don''t mind me asking what is the ct sz of the center stone & what is the total of the surrounding baguettes & detail diamonds?
Hi I just want to let you know that her ring reminds me a lot of this ring if you are interested!

http://antiqueengagementrings.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=1677

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/27/2007 8:36:02 PM
Author: HappyAnniversary
Beautiful rings! Happy Anniversary! What is a ''push'' present?
A ''push present'' is one which is given to expectant Moms for going through labour I believe.

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
Wow, they are all beautiful. I love how low set the 2+ ct RB is... very nice!!!! And of course that Asscher is beautiful!

Congrats on your 10th and beautiful baubles!

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Wow - love the new upgrade! Congrats and wear in good health!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Your ring collection is amazing! I love them all!

twigski

Rough_Rock
Date: 6/28/2007 6:02:14 AM
Author: InlovewithJHK

Date: 6/26/2007 1:40:09 AM
Author: twigski
Boom,
Hi I just want to let you know that her ring reminds me a lot of this ring if you are interested!

http://antiqueengagementrings.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=1677
Boom-
Yes I was refering to your antique ring. It''s so unique!

InlovewithJHK-
Thanks so much for the link. It''s such a beautiful setting, very similar to Boom''s antique ring!

newbie999

Rough_Rock
Date: 6/6/2007 5:20:11 AM
Author: Boom
In the box

Hi Boom, let me just say, your collection is breath-taking!! I love them all, they are beautiful!!!!

I was just wondering if I could ask you some questions about your original solitaire....what kind of setting is it? And what kind of wedding band would you fit with it? My e-ring tapers to the diamond like yours and I''m having trouble finding a wedding band that suits this.

Thanks,
B

Boom

Shiny_Rock
Hi

The original setting was made by my local jeweler, it is a pretty common setting around here. I used to wear the 3mm Lucida wedding band with it. It wasn''t the best match, but I didn''t wear them often as a set (usually just wore the band alone). Sorry I can''t be of much help.

BTW, your ering is gorgeous, I think the Tiffany knife edge might be your best bet. I went a little thicker only because I knew I wouldn''t be wearing the e-ring most of the time and wanted a band that was more substantial on its own.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
wholly crap
23.gif

those are some masterpieces!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, how stunning! You are a lucky girl!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Boom, I wanted to ask you what kind of wedding band you are wearing with the Leon solitaire? Do they fit pretty flush? I imagine the wedding band needs to be set low. I''d love to have a Leon band to go with his solitaire, actually! I know we''d love to see pictures of your ring with a wedding band, if you don''t mind! How is the ring holding up as far as scratches? I just love your ring!

newbie999

Rough_Rock
Thanks Boom :) That has helped a lot. I think the Tiffany classic is the most practical option but I''m a sucker for sparkles...I guess I can always fall back on a plain band if all else fails. Stores I have visited seem to want to push a moulded band but I too want to be able to wear it alone.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results