shape
carat
color
clarity

My upgrade and second Leon

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Boom

Shiny_Rock

For our 10th anniversary this year, DH agreed on an upgrade for me. I started out with a half carat Lazare (which I still have), upgraded briefly to a 96pointer in a MWM setting, and finally this one in a Leon. Along the way, I got a gorgeous ''push'' present as well as an Asscher RHR by Leon.

I knew I wanted to go as big as I could afford this time because I knew getting another upgrade would be too much of a hassle for me since I don''t live in the US. Of course I wanted to keep my options open just in case I win the lottery, so I wanted a vendor with an upgrade policy. I checked with WF (I got my Asscher from them) but they just weren''t getting in the size/colour/clarity combi I wanted in ES stones, so I expanded my search. After that, here were other little hiccups along the way, but I''m not going to get into that. Finally, I decided that Mark of ERD would be my best bet since he could eyeball several stones for me without charging me shipping.

It wasn''t easy finding the right stone, and I had Mark look at a few for me. I used PS''s search engine and BN''s to find stones that were close to what I wanted and emailed Mark to see which ones were available to him. Mark was very responsive to my emails but there was a time when Mark was away for personal reasons which coincided with the time I was trying to make the final decision with this particular stone that I felt a bit stressed because the extra information promised was not sent in a timely fashion and yet I was asked to make the decision quickly. It worked out in the end after I explained the situation to Mark and he gave me more time to decide. All in all, I would definitely recommend Mark!

Now for the setting, I knew I wanted something simple this time after the elaborate halo-ed setting for my Asscher. I considered SC''s Tiffany setting for awhile but decided I still preferred the 4 prongs look, so I went back to Leon for his ''classic'' setting. He was as nice as he was the first time I worked with him, and I hope this will not be the last time. I did ask for a little modification to the prongs (if feasible) which were not done in the final setting, but it''s really minor and something only I would have noticed. I am more than satsfied with the setting.

So the ring was ready early May, but I had to wait for DH to go on his biz trip to the US to pick up the ring. He was blown away by the ring and teased me over thousands of miles by putting on the ring on his pinky and showing it to me on the webcam! When I finally got it 2 days ago, the diamond was all smudged with his fingerprints

29.gif
3.gif
but I was so happy to finally have it on my finger!
30.gif
30.gif

The stats of the stone:
2.41 H SI1
8.60 x 8.64x 5.32
HCA 0.8
Depth: 61.7%
Table: 54%
Girdle: th-m
Fluor: stg blue
Sym: vg
Pol: vg
8.60 x 8.64x 5.32

I haven''t been able to detect the fluor yet since I haven''t worn it out, but there is no haziness that I can see.

I also want to thank a particular PS''er who was practically holding my hand throughout this whole journey. Every time I couldn''t make up my mind or was having doubts, KristyDarling gave me her honest opinion and best advice. She was always reassuring and was a wonderful sounding board. At times this journey almost ground to halt, but having her be excited for my ring project kept my spirits up. So once again KristyDarling, I couldn''t have done it without you!

PS''ers are a wondeful lot. For my Asscher RHR, I had lots of help from stome wonderful members here (strmrdr, Ana, AllyCat and of course Chris aka cutie). This time, one particular PS''er who was practically holding my hand throughout this whole journey. Every time I couldn''t make up my mind or was having doubts, KristyDarling gave me her honest opinion and best advice. She was always reassuring and a wonderful sounding board. At times this journey almost ground to halt, but having her be excited for my ring project kept my spirits up. So once again KristyDarling, I couldn''t have done it without you!

So finally here are some pics!

RSIV.jpg

Boom

Shiny_Rock
Hand pic

RFV.jpg

Boom

Shiny_Rock
Side view

RSV.jpg

Boom

Shiny_Rock
Another hand pic

RWH.jpg

Boom

Shiny_Rock
My two Leons.

RCV.jpg

Boom

Shiny_Rock
original ering and ''push'' present thrown in the mix.

RFAV.jpg

Boom

Shiny_Rock
In the box

RBV.jpg

Boom

Shiny_Rock
And finally my fav rings on my hand. Thanks for letting me share!

RHFAV2.jpg

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Ooooooh my, Boom. How lovely! Congrats on your 10th anniversary and your gorgeous ring collection!!
36.gif
30.gif
6.gif
31.gif
6.gif
30.gif
36.gif

weegem

Shiny_Rock
Premium
WOW you lucky thing!!! Your Leons are spectacular! That asscher is gorgeous. Someday, I hope to have a gaggle of diamond rings of my very own too.
41.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, your new ring is just lovely, as are your other pretties!!

Lucky gal. And TWO Leons to boot? There oughta be a law....
11.gif
2.gif

Congrats!!

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
Boom, your rings are magnificent!!!!!

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Wow, what a collection! Congrats on your tenth!

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy 10th anniversary and congratulations on your outstanding collection!
30.gif
36.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
wowza, what a gorgeous collection. your new Leon is just as fabulous as your RHR leon and both are so special in their own way. happy 10th!!

MWG

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous rings!!!!! I would have to say your are "SPOILED" woman!!!! LOL

Thanks for sharing and Happy 10th Anniversary and many more to come

MWG

emmylou

Rough_Rock
Congrats Boom on such a great milestone!! 10 years, yay!!

What a marvelous collection you have, wear them all in the best of health!!

36.gif

widget

Ideal_Rock
Oh, my! What a lovely collection!

I especially like Leon''s classic mounting for your new stone: fluid, and set low.

And I totally agree: KD is a real sweetheart!

widget

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
gorgeous! lovely! jealous!!!!!!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
ohhhh so pretty and classic! And that Asscher Leon! Oh My!

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Your rings are fabulous...two Leon''s. You are the fortunate one
30.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful collection you have! Lucky girl!!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
see, this is how to do upgrades right IMO - you *keep* your old rings :D :D :D

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Well done!
30.gif

cheers--Sharon

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
What a beautiful collection!
30.gif
Happy anniversary!

What will your next shape be?
31.gif

Camilla

Rough_Rock
Wow...they''re all absoloutly fabulous! Your newest Leon really leaves me speechless, really like that setting!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
WOW! What a collection. You new Leon looks fabulous, especially on your hand!

How big (mm size) is that asscher, if you don''t mind my asking? It looks huge in that great halo!

Congrats on your tenth!

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
that is a gorgeous collection!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
that new one is TDF!!!

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous new ring!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
It looks great on you and I love how low it's set. You have a wonderful collection of rings. I love them all. That's so great you got to upgrade and keep your old rings and you have two Leon rings. Lucky girl! Congrats on 10 years!

More pictures please!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Boom, your upgrade (not to mention the other baubles!) is EXQUISITE!!!! That stones is a knockout.
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results