shape
carat
color
clarity

My ring looks BAD! I''m so cross...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

whenharrymetsally

Shiny_Rock
gladyskristen. I''m soo sorry this happened. Stand firm and maybe reason with them. If they were the consumer, would they be happy? I hope everything works out for you!

ZoeFL

Rough_Rock
Yikes Gladys
8.gif
I am so sorry to hear that. Lucky Plaza can be a rather dodgy place.

Remember you can always bring this issue up to CASE, and if you do need more help, you know where to find me
1.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I really hope you paid with a credit card. I would dispute it. Take pics of the thing set. Take it to an appraiser to get it looked at and removed from the setting. Certified mail the setting to her, with notice that you are disputing the charges. Take pictures every step of the way. Send all documentation to credit card company.

Order a new setting from a trusted vendor on here.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh no, I am so sorry. I would see what you can do about getting your money back. I hope that this all works out well for you.

Corseted

Rough_Rock
I''m so sorry for you, gladyskristen. You should definitely report this to CASE. If you need another jeweller, I can recommend a good one.

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
I AM SO SORRY THIS HAPPENED TO YOU!

THat is awful quality in terms of the setting. JUST AWFUL! I would argue till I lost my voice!

gladyskristen

Brilliant_Rock
Hi guys! Thanks for ur concern! I GOT MY MONEY BACK! YEAH!~~~~~~~~~~~
36.gif

I went back today to speak to the lady and actually asked her whether she wud haf accepted this workmanship if she were in my shoes. She had the audacity to say yes!

However, I stood firm and ended up getting back the full $220 from her without getting into a heated argument. In the end, she said tt that if she does the custom work for me, she will be on the losing end, cos in her words, my "expectations are too high", so she decided to cut her losses and gimme back my money. PHEW!

After leaving her shop, I decided to pop by a custom jeweler recommended here, Yuen Tung Gems, to check out their workmanship. They showed me an x-prong sample that they did and I must say that it''s as substantial, fluid and well-finished as a Lucida tt I saw in Tiffany last week! I even got to viewed their workshop thru a glass panel. I was very impressed and decided to let them do a custom setting for me. I got a very reasonable price quote too.

The ring will be ready in abt 2 weeks'' time, and I''ll be able to view it before the stone is set. So look out for the pics of my new ring!
9.gif

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awsome news gk! Congratulations on your engagement (that diamond of yours is MAGIC
30.gif
) and can''t wait to see pics of the finished ring! And good on you for standing your ground!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
I''m so glad is turned out well!
36.gif
I was so horrified... I can''t believe a jeweller can expect a customer to be happy with that kind of work. Ugh!
23.gif

gladyskristen

Brilliant_Rock
She kept staring at it with the loupe, pretending that she can''t see anything wrong. In the end she concluded that I''m a perfectionist!
20.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is awesome you got your money back.

That''s great to hear the new jeweler will let you see the finished work before they set your diamond. I''ll be anxious to see the finished design.

Marcy

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gladys, I''m SO glad you got your $ back! Can''t wait to see your beautiful stone in it''s new setting!

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
THANK GOODNESS you got your money back!! that workmanship was HORRENDOUS. what a relief you could cut your ties with her and start fresh with someone who is hopefully SKILLED at jewelry crafting. best wishes!!

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Whew!!! I''m so glad she decided that YOU are difficult to work with so you don''t have to work with HER anymore!!! That was very shoddy workmanship and I''m so glad you got your money back and are on to the next place! Every ring, custom or no, has potential for a flaw or two, but those weren''t flaws, that was just BAD.

Can''t wait to see the new ring!!!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/12/2007 5:30:04 AM
Author: gladyskristen
36.gif

The ring will be ready in abt 2 weeks'' time, and I''ll be able to view it before the stone is set. So look out for the pics of my new ring!
9.gif
36.gif
You go girl!!!!

Can''t wait to see your new one!

widget

Ideal_Rock
Yay!!!!!!! Great news!
36.gif

I LOVE happy endings....

widget

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Good outcome I am happy for you:

36.gif
36.gif
35.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Yay for standing firm and getting the qualtiy you DESERVE as a consumer!!!! i can''t wait to see the new ring.
36.gif

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh I am so so GLAD that you got your money back. What a relief.

I hope the reset goes great and I can''t wait to see the photos of your new ring.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/12/2007 5:30:04 AM
36.gif

I went back today to speak to the lady and actually asked her whether she wud haf accepted this workmanship if she were in my shoes. She had the audacity to say yes!

However, I stood firm and ended up getting back the full $220 from her without getting into a heated argument. In the end, she said tt that if she does the custom work for me, she will be on the losing end, cos in her words, my ''expectations are too high'', so she decided to cut her losses and gimme back my money. PHEW!
Whatever she needs to think to sleep at night. Glad you got your money back so you can get a quality setting!!!!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/12/2007 6:35:35 AM
She kept staring at it with the loupe, pretending that she can''t see anything wrong. In the end she concluded that I''m a perfectionist!
20.gif

Uh huh.
38.gif

I''m glad you got your money back without much fuss. Can''t wait to see new ring.

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
I''m so sorry. I can''t believe that lady said she would have taken it. I looked horrible. But I''m glad you got your refund, and I can''t wait to see the new ring.

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Oh I am so glad you will get a new one! Your X Factor princess is SO beautiful. I think it will look great in the X Prong.
One thing I would recommend (I have an X prong too) is to see if they can make it so that a regular straight wedding band can sit flush (or nearly flush) with your engagement ring. I had to get a curved band and it can be annoying at times trying to keep them lined up.

gladyskristen

Brilliant_Rock
Hi gailrmv, I don't intend to wear my w-band with my e-ring cos my fingers are short, so no worries on my part! We've already bought a pair of 3.5mm platinum matching w-bands that's half-round, satin-finished, with a slanted groove. Pic below.
2.gif

We're on a budget and got the plat bands cos they were on offer and I loved the design. Til today, we have no idea why was it offered at such a cheap price, except tt the jeweler was discontinuing tt range and ours where the only 2 out of 3 sizes left! The ring is from a reputable maul store in Singapore and the rings are heavy. PT950, SGD$499 for the PAIR. Which makes it USD$160 each. Seems possibly below cost price to me.

My e-ring is in 18k WG btw.

418322.gif

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
So glad this worked out for you! I can''t wait to see the final product. BTW, do you have any close-ups of that beautiful X-factor to share with us?

gladyskristen

Brilliant_Rock
I sure do! I'll start a new thread for it. Not fair to put my baby on a thread that brings back bad memories!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gladyskristen, I am so happy that this has a wonderful ending for you! That jewelers work was shotty, and she should be ashamed of it! I cannot wait to see the finished piece...2 weeks you say? Oy, how exciting!

The wedding bands that you chose are cool, very different!

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/12/2007 4:02:45 PM
I sure do! I'll start a new thread for it. Not fair to put my baby on a thread that brings back bad memories!
Of course your new ring deserves it's own thread! I can't wait to see pictures! I'm so glad you got your money back! That's great news!
36.gif

I love the wedding rings you chose. Very cool design and reasonable price. Any more pictures to share with us?

gladyskristen

Brilliant_Rock
Here r the bands in the box.

wbandsinbox.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results