shape
carat
color
clarity

My First Post- Proposing in 1 week

AmorousWarrior

Rough_Rock
Ok here is the long version:

I got to her house and she was still wrapping presents. I helped her wrap some but she was more concerned with me just keeping her company because according to her I wrap presents, "Like I'm shipping a package" lol. There were a few boxes left to wrap and she was tired of wrapping, she wanted to put them in bags so I got her a few bags. While she was putting them in she says, "Hey, it's almost Christmas, where is my present?" I laughed and said I'd give it to her after she finished with those last 2 presents. After they were done I told her that I needed to put her present together and she could not be in the room. She asked, "What the heck could you have gotten me that you have to put together?" I replied, "You'll know pretty soon if you get outta here and go to your room!" She said she would take a shower and stay in the room until I got her out.

After she was in the room, I went to the car and had to make several trips to get the 2 new vases, the roses, the candles, and my dress shirt. When I came back in to the house I put the roses in vases, cleared off the coffee table, dimmed the lights, turned in the Christmas Tree lights, and set out the candles. Then I set the digital frame out and set up the slideshow. I lit the candles down the hall and returned to the living room. I pulled out the ring and said a short prayer. Thanking the Lord for blessing me and asking him to watch over us. Then I went to the room to get her.

I opened the door and told her to come on. She came out of the room and when she rounded the corner all of the lights were out except for the lit candles along the hallway. She said, "Babe this is soo beautiful!" I walked behind her down the hall and we rounded the corner into the living room where 8 of the 10 dozen roses were sitting on the coffee table with the digital photo frame. She exclaimed how beautiful the roses were and then I told her to have a seat. I started the slideshow and handed her the frame. The first picture that came up was the first one that she texted to me almost a year and a half ago. She was in total shock. As the slideshow progressed she was amazed at all of the texts and pictures that were there. When it got to the picture of our daughters ultrasound, she began to cry. It moved through pictures of texts about how excited we were that she was pregnant, our dates, funny inside jokes, and ended with pictures of our family. As the last slide darkened, she was crying and could barely see. With tears in my eyes I told her to stand up, she still had no idea what was going on. She thought that the slideshow was her Christmas present. We stood and I faced her and told her how much I loved her. What exactly was said I'll leave between us, but I got down on one knee and pulled the box from my back pocket. I promised her that I would love her until the end of time and asked her if she would do me the honor of being my wife. When she realized what I was doing, she turned away from me and started crying very hard, then giggling, then crying more. She couldn't even look at me. After what seemed like eternity, but was probably more like 15 seconds, she turned around and barely made out a, "Yes baby!! Yes!!" I put the ring on her finger. Her hands were shaking and she just threw her arms around me and cried.

After about 20 minutes of crying and laughing, she said, "How in the world did you get me like that!" She said that she had absolutely no idea. I figured she would be on to me after she rounded the corner and saw the roses and candles. She said that she thought it was all part of the atmosphere for the slideshow and thought it was beautiful. Then she said she wanted to call her mother but she knew that she'd be asleep because it was around 1:00 in the morning. I told her that her mother was awake because she knew. She called her mom and cried more.

And my concerns about the stone size were unfounded because she was extremely happy. I think that I was forgetting how small her fingers are because it looks huge on her hand. Pictures do it no justice, but I've attached a few anyway.

It has been an amazing process and I have truly found the woman with which my heart belongs. I certainly hope that I have been able to give some insight into this whole process for you all from a mans point of view.

I had to leave the lights on because it was too dark to take the picture and see the roses.

20121225_001236.jpg

20121225_001206.jpg

20121225_101212.jpg

20121225_101147.jpg

facebook_-931496322.jpg

AmorousWarrior

Rough_Rock
Oh yeah, I almost forgot, her nail appointment is tomorrow at 1:00 :D
She was like, "Wow you thought of everything! I couldn't even get an appointment" I laughed and told her why. lol.

Rosebloom|1356433657|3339502 said:
Wonderful!!! I work up this morning - Christmas morning! - wondering about how it went. Congratulations! May you have a long life of love ahead of you.

And may you post handshots. :)

Thanks Rosebloom, that's really nice of you. I think when you woke up we were just laying down to go to bed. lol. She was dancing in the bathroom and posing in front of the mirror. I was craking up. :lol:

MBKRH

Brilliant_Rock
What an amazing story, I am SO glad it went so well for you! Congrats again, and enjoy every moment! :appl: :appl: :appl:

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
I was thinking of you too!
I was looking forward to your post!

Thank you for being so amazingly kind and generous, it's been absolutely WONDERFUL reading all about your fantastic plans.
What a clever girl your fiancee is, for picking such a lovely guy?!
All the best to her, to you and your family going forward.

PS I had a feeling it'd be :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: lol

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
What a wonderful story. Many, many congratulations! My husband and I have been married for ten years and as happy as we were the day we got engaged, I can honestly say it just keeps getting better every year. May you be blessed with the same good fortune!

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations again, what a wonderful story!!! The roses look awesome and the ring looks great on her finger. Kudos to you for catching her off guard...everything sounds like it was absolutely perfect! Only the best of wishes to the two of you for many years to come. Merry christmas!!!

antiquesparkler

Brilliant_Rock
It was perfect!

Congratulations to you and your fiance- Wishing you many years of love and happiness. :bigsmile:

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations!!! So glad that it all worked out - the roses look amazing! oh --- so does the ring too!! ;)) Best wishes for a long and happy life together!

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
That proposal is just soooo beautiful. Had me in tears. Great result!!!

Congratulations. Well done with the ring!!!

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very well executed and thoughtful proposal, AmorousWarrior! What a wonderful surprise for your fiancee.

Congratulations to both of you. May you have a lifetime of happiness together.

I love the profile of the ring, and it looks perfect on her hand. Good job! :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results