shape
carat
color
clarity

My First Post- Proposing in 1 week

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a very mature and respectful response.

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Ladies is this really something that needs snarky responses? Please calm down.

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
Ella|1356113515|3337446 said:

It's a very happy time.
The OP has done absolutely everything in his power to make his proposal perfect.
Madelise doesn't think Dad should be let in on the fun.
Not everything is a political statement, some things are just about family, and personal relationships, that's it.
So it's hard for me to get overly worked up, tbh.

It's a beautiful time in the OP's life, I hope everything goes without a hitch! ::)

All the very best,
L.

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
Sorry if I missed something, but I sincerely don't think anyone was purposely trying to be snarky...just some ladies pointing out the flip side of the coin in case OP hadn't thought of that. I'm sure I can speak for everyone that we all wish nothing but the best for OP and his FI!

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LaraOnline|1356128962|3337639 said:
Ella|1356113515|3337446 said:

The OP has done absolutely everything in his power to make his proposal perfect.
Madelise doesn't think Dad should be let in on the fun.

Ella, I was not being snarky to the OP at all. Lara was the one who decided to take my well intended different perspective, one that I only wanted to point out, and flip it around and add her own agenda. And now she's flat out just making lies.

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm done with addressing this. I'm sad that OP's thread got turned into this. I was offering nothing but help to the OP, even with recipes and such. I'm sorry someone so ill intentioned decided to take everything I did, and turn it to dust, as if I'm some horrible person.

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
AmorousWarrior|1356074101|3337059 said:
I wasn't able to sneak out today to pick up the ring, but I'll have it in the AM tomorrow. :)
I did however talk to her mother tonight. She was very happy and excited. I asked her about whether or not I should talk to her ex-husband and she said that she did not think that my future wife would think it was necessary. So with that said, I have the love and support of the person closest to my future wife and that is what is most important to me. So tomorrow is ring day. I'll be back with an update after I pick it up and figure out how to post pics. lol.

Thanks for the help thus far, it's kind of cool to have you guys to tell all this to.

Oh I guess I did miss a whole half page of posts...glad to see that you got your future MIL's input. and that tomorrow is ring day!!!! I'm quite excited for you, glad you find this a good place to share your happiness! Hope you'll stick around after so you can continue to buy her lots of wonderful bling :naughty:

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
Madelise, it's not worth getting upset about.
Yes, it did strike me as funny at the time that a new bride would spend her first few days of engagement 'pissed to the end of the world ' rather than over the moon happy, but big picture really is who cares?

I understood the idea of 'Calling Dad' was really about letting family in on the fun - 'I've got exciting news!'- spreading the joy because weddings are fun, even maybe healing a rift.
Not an act of patriarchal violence akin to dowry exchanging and wedding sheet examinations.

I don't really understand the lying charge, but my only real interest in responding to the charge is not to make you feel worse, but to make you feel better. I've never intentionally lied to you. I never meant any personal offense or harm either.

Let's enjoy this thread. It's a special time of the year.

AmorousWarrior

Rough_Rock
I understand that everyones intentions were good. While my future father in law is not a major part of my girlfriends life, it would certainly be more of a, "I want to let you know what's happening" kind of a call rather than a, "I'd like your permission" call. Acceptance from the future in-laws is nice, but you are correct in that she is quite independent. A 6 figure salary, a graduate degree, and her own home kind of leads to that mentality. :D

In any event, she is very close with her mother and she is the one whose love and support is most important to my girlfriend. I have that so I am happy. I really appreciate all of the input that I have recieved from everyone in this thread. I know that sometimes inflection and tone cannot be given because we are reading so I have not been offended or upset by any of this.

That said, I was able to pick up the ring this morning, but it was much to difficult to upload a pic from my phone. It is about 2AM and I have just wrapped up the slideshow. I did not realize how much we have done together until I actually watched it. I am so proud of the woman that she is and the man that she has inspired me to be. Here are a few pics of the ring. I did all of the choosing myself so I really hope she likes it. Excuse the cell phone pics as I was having a hard time properly sizing them for upload.

What's funny is I left today to get the ring and she thought I was at work. She called while I was in the store and I didn't answer the phone. She said that she had errands to run downtown, which is where I was. I was concerned that she had seen my truck, which is very distinctive, at the jewelry store. But when I called her back, it was for something else. lol.

Finally I wanted to say thank you all for your support and I'll keep you updated as things unfold.

20121222_012018.jpg

20121222_012053.jpg

20121221_120143.jpg

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Its beautiful!! Good luck AmorousWarrior! I hope all goes well at this very special time in your lives!!! Congratulations! :appl:

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous ring!!! Can't wait to hear how the proposal goes!

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful, beautiful ring! Only a couple of days left before the proposal. Very exciting!

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Eek! You sly guy! It's beautiful!! When will you be proposing again? All the best wishes in the world for you! Please come back to let us know how it went!!

AmorousWarrior

Rough_Rock
madelise|1356190867|3338025 said:
Eek! You sly guy! It's beautiful!! When will you be proposing again? All the best wishes in the world for you! Please come back to let us know how it went!!
Christmas Eve. :)

Thank you all. I'm hoping I did well and she loves it.

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
AmorousWarrior|1356196432|3338059 said:
madelise|1356190867|3338025 said:
Christmas Eve. :)

Thank you all. I'm hoping I did well and she loves it.

Hoping? You did very well!! She'll love it!

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
It's gorgeous!! I'm sure it'll be a very memorable proposal. Come back and show us handshots!!! :wavey:

sweetpea&babycorn

Brilliant_Rock
The ring is lovely!! You did a fabulous job! Thank you for keeping us updated with the progress leading up to your proposal! Very rarely do we hear from guys about their 'behind the scenes' plans. I can't wait to hear how it all turns out!

MBKRH

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous ring! I can't wait to here how it all goes. Happy holidays!

AmorousWarrior

Rough_Rock
So I get notification today that the flowers will not be here in time. Being upset about it won't fix anything, so I put the backup plan into effect. I had to get tle flowers locally. While they aren't the ones I wanted, I think that I can still pull it off. So here are 10 dozen roses, hiding at my house. I am debating on if I should get a couple more dozen.

20121223_152909.jpg

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
10 dozen sounds pretty impressive to me!!!!

120 roses? That's so romantic! You are quite the "Amorous Warrior" for sure! ;))

MBKRH

Brilliant_Rock
Agreed, that's very impressive. And bravo for having a backup plan! I'm living vicariously through your SO- I'm so excited!! :lol: :appl: :appl:

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
This. Is. So. Exciting!!!

I wish I could get my husband to read his thread...something might rub off lol

All the best of luck AW :twirl:

I've got a feeling it'll go like this:

:kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: to the power of a million 8)

atp223

Shiny_Rock
AmorousWarrior|1356304901|3338747 said:
Being upset about it won't fix anything, so I put the backup plan into effect. I had to get tle flowers locally. While they aren't the ones I wanted, I think that I can still pull it off.

She's going to be so excited about the ring (and the whole amazing proposal) that she won't be paying attention to the flower "quality" (i got the impression you were implying the ones you had to source locally aren't as good for some reason). Red roses are red roses - those look beautiful and the whole thing will be amazing either way :). Good luck tonight! Merry Christmas to you and your almost-fiancée!

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
Those roses look perfect! I don't think you need to worry about a thing. A few more dozen couldn't hurt but I think the amount you have is great already. Good luck today!!!!

AmorousWarrior

Rough_Rock
A couple dozen certainly won't hurt but I may get more depending on what vases I find. I already have to pick up a couple more, so if I can find nice ones, then I may get more to fill them out. I just got home from a 12 hour graveyard shift so I'm going to get some rest. After I wake up, I'm making some food for Christmas Day, then I'll be heading over to her house with roses stashed in the back of the truck. Then the big moment tonight.

antiquesparkler

Brilliant_Rock
The ring is beautiful!

The roses and your plan is so very thoughtful. SHE WILL LOVE IT!

Good luck tonight, although I doubt you need luck :wink2:

So excited for your update!!! and some hand shots! :bigsmile:

AmorousWarrior

Rough_Rock
I am officially engaged. I proposed an hour ago and she said yes through a flood of tears. I'll come back later with the long version. Shes so happy and loves her ring. She just keeps saying I cant believe you got me! Lol

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Wonderful!!! I work up this morning - Christmas morning! - wondering about how it went. Congratulations! May you have a long life of love ahead of you.

And may you post handshots. :)

MBKRH

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats, I can't wait to hear the whole story! :appl:

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
AmorousWarrior|1356427705|3339499 said:
I am officially engaged. I proposed an hour ago and she said yes through a flood of tears. I'll come back later with the long version. Shes so happy and loves her ring. She just keeps saying I cant believe you got me! Lol

Congratulations, AW! Please come back with handshots, too!! :appl: :appl: Merry Christmas!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results