shape
carat
color
clarity

My dream studs: WF set my 2.5ctw OECS!!

D

Deactivated member 42515

DH was going through the WF calendar and kept going back to September. He usually doesn't comment on diamonds being beautiful but he was mesmerized by your studs! I proceeded to find this thread for him and he looked through all your pictures! He wants me to get studs like your's! I told him ok ok... After I finish my 7-stone :) He insists my next project be studs EXACTLY like your's. His words :)

Roxy

Brilliant_Rock
TravelingGal|1349057264|3277158 said:
Those are perfection yssie! I love them and they make me want a pair! And did I miss your bracelet?
These are definitely something to dream about Yssie! What a fantastic pair of studs, I LOVE them. :razz:

Thanks for the ear shots because I originally thought that 1.25 would be oddly large ...........

Instead they're ABSOLUTELY perfect. :)) :appl: :)) :appl: :)) :appl:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
YT|1356668344|3341238 said:
DH was going through the WF calendar and kept going back to September. He usually doesn't comment on diamonds being beautiful but he was mesmerized by your studs! I proceeded to find this thread for him and he looked through all your pictures! He wants me to get studs like your's! I told him ok ok... After I finish my 7-stone :) He insists my next project be studs EXACTLY like your's. His words :)

Ooh your hubby is a catch YT, telling you that you MUST get studs after you've got your band :bigsmile:

I didn't actually get a calendar - or maybe I haven't gotten it yet - so I had no idea they were in it until I read this! I really like the settings for the old cuts - they somehow manage to hide all the wonk without taking away from the charm ::)

Roxy said:
These are definitely something to dream about Yssie! What a fantastic pair of studs, I LOVE them. :razz:

Thanks for the ear shots because I originally thought that 1.25 would be oddly large ...........

Instead they're ABSOLUTELY perfect. :)) :appl: :)) :appl: :)) :appl:

Thanks Roxy, I adore them! They face up a bit smaller than RBs - about 6.8mm each vs. 7mm - but hey, who's counting ::)

ETA Edited - didn't catch the sn change YT!

donnabrsd

Brilliant_Rock
These earrings/settings of yours are beautiful! I am contemplating WF doing something similar for me with 6 prongs. So first of all I want to make sure you are okay with me copying?

If so, are there any recommendations/changes you would suggest?

My thoughts/questions/comments...
My diamonds will be 1.3ct each round.
I think I need a base because the 6-prong martini sink to far in my ear in the 1.3 size (I tend to put the backs on really snug). Are you able to put the backs on without adjusting them and the earrings sit off your ear the right height?
I love the 8 prong look of yours, I am just used to 6 prong. What are your thoughts in this style in a 6 prong?
My did you get larger posts?

Thanks in advance!

BTW, I also love your 5 stone ring!!!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm glad donnabrsd revived this thread, because I think I might have missed it the first time around.

Love, love, love those settings!!!!! And the diamonds, of course, but the way WF set them is just spectacular!

donnabrsd

Brilliant_Rock
donnabrsd|1360259120|3374492 said:

s/b Why did you get larger posts?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
donnabrsd|1360259120|3374492 said:
These earrings/settings of yours are beautiful! I am contemplating WF doing something similar for me with 6 prongs. So first of all I want to make sure you are okay with me copying?

If so, are there any recommendations/changes you would suggest?

My thoughts/questions/comments...
My diamonds will be 1.3ct each round.
I think I need a base because the 6-prong martini sink to far in my ear in the 1.3 size (I tend to put the backs on really snug). Are you able to put the backs on without adjusting them and the earrings sit off your ear the right height?
I love the 8 prong look of yours, I am just used to 6 prong. What are your thoughts in this style in a 6 prong?

Thanks in advance!

BTW, I also love your 5 stone ring!!!

Donna, while you wait for Yssie to reply, I will tell you that I LOVE these settings and definitely think they could be done with 6 prongs! I also prefer a flat base. I just went with Tiffany repro low baskets with 4 prongs since my diamonds were smaller, but I think 6 prongs on your 1.3's will be great! I do think the 6 prong martini settings could be made with a wider base, too, for that matter. So that is another option if you like the looks of those except for the little base.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aww thank you donna and VR!!

donna - this is certainly not my design :bigsmile: copy away!

I think the crown head style would be lovely with six prongs on 1.3ct stones :love: it'd leave lots of room to clean the stones, too, which is a plus! I erred on the side of more metal since my stones are lower coloured old cuts, and I wanted them to reflect as much white metal as possible, but it does make cleaning a bit of a PITA sometimes.

I really like the basket style with the flat base - I too like a little bit of height off the ear. I sometimes felt like my old martinis sank too far into my holes. I have the jumbo backs and I like them a lot - they're wide enough to keep everything nice and perky without having to wedge them on vice tight ::)

The larger posts is just a comfort thing - my Tiffany studs have the perfect posts, just long enough and thick enough to be perfectly comfortable, and I wanted WF to copy them. I'm not sure what the "default post" is but I'm sure it's not the super-short super-thin sort the $50 holiday specials always come with so it's probably just me nitpicking :bigsmile:

DS - I really like the 6prong martini settings that mom2boys has too!! Donna it's great that you have regular non-wonky RBs - you've got tons of options!!

donnabrsd

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for responding. I am gonna do it! I love these settings!

I will do the 6 prong version with the regular size post and the jumbo back.

I did consider adding a base to the 6 prong martini, but they would be too similar to the ones I have worn the past 10 years. I wanted a change.

Thanks again Yssie & DS!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can't wait to see them Donna!!! They're going to be completely *spectacular* :bigsmile:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results