shape
carat
color
clarity

My dream studs: WF set my 2.5ctw OECS!!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Those are perfection yssie! I love them and they make me want a pair! And did I miss your bracelet?

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous earrings, Yssie. Perfect size for you.

I recently discovered jumbo earrings backs myself. My larger earring studs are soooooo much more comfortable with these backs and the studs sit up perky all day long. I was thinking that this was because I needed more support due to my advanced age. :(( So, I'm happy to see that a much younger woman also finds these backs helpful. :bigsmile:

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
They're spectacular!! Just stunning!!

I wear larger backs on my jackets and they help keep things in place so I love them and you don't see them at all either.

FWIW, the first settings you had the stones in, those stones could have sat much lower, and just had the prongs shaved off...but I know with OEC's they are more asymm so a little more difficult depending on the vendor and how familiar they are with working with old stones, you may have wanted to start with slightly smaller setting to begin with and just have them 'open' the prongs more.

But your new settings are so beautiful...I love them. Wear in great health!

D

Deactivated member 42515

Oh wow!! They are just perfect now! I love the new settings! I've been toying with getting my first pair of studs (but sapphires) but didn't know where to start with how to set it but yours is so beautiful, it makes me want something similar! I hope you don't mind me saving your pics for the future.

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
Oh my goodness, perfection itself!! I'm in love. They look amazing on you! :love: :appl:

MizNina

Shiny_Rock
Absolutely stunning Yssie :love: that first shot of the stone made me gulp my coffee just too beautiful :sun:

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yssie, they are so gorgeous!! :love: I love how delicate the settings are, and they look absolutely perfect on your ears.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love them! The settings are perfection. Congrats on your dream earrings!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yssie-those earrings on you are TDF- so gorgeous!!!! :love: :love: :love:
A classic that won't ever go out of style and earrings that you can wear no matter the occasion. Love them on you! May you wear them in health and happiness!!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW Yssie!!! Everything about them is absolute sheer perfection!!!!! :love: :love:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yssie, those earrings are GORGEOUS!! :love: :love: :love:

Love the OEC's (OMG, you guys are making me want an old cut sooooo bad!!) and the beautiful custom settings. They look HUGE on your ears and no you do not have big earlobes - at all!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Oh my gosh!!!! I love love love!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Oh my.

Ya know, if I ever win a crapload of cash, (and this isn't likely to happen as I don't actually buy lottery tickets) there are a few ladies on this forum that I would like to be my personal jewelry shoppers (paid handsomely of course - cash or gemstones).

Would you do me the honors Yssie?

Off to buy a lottery ticket...

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those look really amazing on you! Great size, beautiful settings.

jeweln

Brilliant_Rock
easily one of the most beautiful pair of OEC earrings on PS !!!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Enerchi LOL. I recruited DH and he very sweetly tried to photograph my ear from the optimal angle for a good fifteen minutes only to discover that we'd forgotten the memory card! He declined the second request - something about "why anyone would ever want a closeup of an ear anyway"...

I know how high an earring sits off the ear is something I always care about though, so I'm glad it's helpful! I'm really liking the wider baskets/bases/whatevertheyares, they do a great job of preventing droop without needing to shove the point into your piercing like with the pointy martinis.

TGal Thank you! They'd go really well with your Non-Recessed threestone, feel free to send it to me to demonstrate ::)
Nope, nothing new - the "bracelet" is the BGD rg two-stone DBTY from last year, it's just weird enough to keep me happy long-term.
ETA: I guess you probably haven't memorised random people's collections :rodent: it's this one -

JBracelet%20(1).png

Fly Girl Thank you! They're fantastic for keeping the studs nice and perky, aren't they!? Just a bit shocking when you first open the box :bigsmile: I used to use those little clear plastic discs but these are so much better, without all that extra bulk. I'd definitely recommend them to anyone considering new studs.

Mara I think you're probably right. I don't recall all the details but I believe the final decision was to use the size best suited to the largest diameter measurement, but they face up smaller than RBs and with the lack of pavilion depth an expert bench likely could've done better with the smaller calibrated stock size and some prong finagling on the larger dimensions. At the time the expert bench was booked up and I didn't want to wait - I didn't think it'd make much of a difference! All said and done I'm very glad the bench that wound up doing the work took the safer route, especially since one of them does have a knife-edge girdle.

WF did a perfect setting job - the prong seats are cut out differently depending on girdle thickness in that area just the way they should be. I can safely say that I will never change these settings ::)

yaytacori Of course not, sapphire studs in "crown" settings sounds gorgeous! These settings aren't my idea though - google images turns up dozens of some variation of that anqtiquey crown theme, you shouldn't have any trouble finding heaps of ideas when you're ready to set them! Do you already have the stones?

chiquita, MizMina, Kim, Rhea Thank you!!

Thank you missy ::) that's exactly why I chose studs, never needing to worry about whether or not they'll be appropriate. I promise to enjoy them immensely!!

Dandi Thank you, and it's nice to see you around again!

Phoenix Hah! Just wait til that 5ct is whispering sweet nothings to you from your finger, I think it's gonna steal your heart completely and you won't have room for anything else :devil:
Thank you! I actually think the camera is very unflattering to earrings for whatever reason - if the camera adds ten pounds to the ears why not to the earrings too? Kinda the opposite of rings - I think most rings look bigger in pics than they do IRL... ah, well, I can't really complain!

Thank you Sarah, NKOTB, and jeweln!!

Begonia I'm completely flattered!! I would be honoured to spend your winnings for you, we could come up with all sorts of dazzlers :bigsmile: the only payment I'd ask is timeshare on the loot - we can start with your pearls, DH doesn't go for spending on nice pearls so timeshare is about the only way I'm gonna get my paws on any!

04diamond<3

Ideal_Rock
LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!! They're stunning!!!! And I absolutely am in love with your ering!!

jill_s

Brilliant_Rock
Yssie! They are GORGEOUS!!! Were your earrings the ones that WF posted on their FB page a few weeks ago? I remember seeing those and stopping in my tracks. They are just stunning - like perfect little crowns! I just picked up a pair of 2.4ctw RB studs from IDJ, and I waffled back and forth about settings. I didn't want the stock settings, but I didn't have the inspiration for custom settings (wish I'd seen yours, these would have won hands down). In the end, I ended up with some new 4 prong settings that Yekutiel suggested and I like them too. But yours are fantastic! Enjoy!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Oh mymymy--love everything about them! :appl: :love:

cheers--Sharon

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you 04diamond and Sharon :bigsmile:

jill - Oh thank you!! Did WF post them? I don't have FB so I actually have no idea! I've had them for about a month now, I think..?

2.4ctw RB studs sound positively blingalicious :sun: Have you posted about them on here at all? I looked through your threads and I couldn't find one, though I'm pretty sure I'd remember it! It's such a great everyday size - what do you think so far?

jill_s

Brilliant_Rock
Yssie|1349143370|3277790 said:

jill - Oh thank you!! Did WF post them? I don't have FB so I actually have no idea! I've had them for about a month now, I think..?

2.4ctw RB studs sound positively blingalicious :sun: Have you posted about them on here at all? I looked through your threads and I couldn't find one, though I'm pretty sure I'd remember it! It's such a great everyday size - what do you think so far?

I just checked WF's facebook page again, and I'm pretty certain your earrings were the ones posted (they were posted on July 13)! My 2.4 studs are definitely blingalicious and wonderful. I haven't posted them yet...need to get a few free minutes to snap some pics. They are a great everyday size, and 2.4ctw is my dream size too! I also got the jumbo backs (didn't want droopy studs), and I thought they would be visible from the front, but I must also have elephant ears as you can't see the backs at all. I chose J stones with fluor, and I think that might be my favorite diamond combo yet. I will try to start a thread on them this week. Don't want to threadjack yours! What do you think of the size? Are these your everyday earrings now? And where's the thread on your bracelet, it's beautiful too!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
lovely on you! :appl: :love:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
jill_s|1349144286|3277803 said:
Yssie|1349143370|3277790 said:

I just checked WF's facebook page again, and I'm pretty certain your earrings were the ones posted (they were posted on July 13)! My 2.4 studs are definitely blingalicious and wonderful. I haven't posted them yet...need to get a few free minutes to snap some pics. They are a great everyday size, and 2.4ctw is my dream size too! I also got the jumbo backs (didn't want droopy studs), and I thought they would be visible from the front, but I must also have elephant ears as you can't see the backs at all. I chose J stones with fluor, and I think that might be my favorite diamond combo yet. I will try to start a thread on them this week. Don't want to threadjack yours! What do you think of the size? Are these your everyday earrings now? And where's the thread on your bracelet, it's beautiful too!

Wow, has it really been that long? Gosh, I guess so... now that I think about it I sent them off to WF in June - I don't know where the time went!

I'd guess our earrings are pretty much exactly the same size face-up since the old cuts are a bit smaller than RBs!! I LOVE the size - they don't look overly fussy for work but they're more than glitzy enough by themselves for a nice dinner out :sun: I used to have one pair of staples, my 0.1ctw baby bezels, but now I actually have to decide which ones to wear every day... so far the newbies are winning :bigsmile:

How funny that you had the same experience with the jumbo backs! They're fantastic on though, no drooping at all, even if they are a bit disconcerting at first ::)

Eeek get snapping, I wanna see!!! I got to see Circe's IDJ studs w/ SBF at a GTG last year and that was when I really fell in love with fluor - it's just such a *cool* effect IRL! And I imagine that finding two with similar fluor is no mean feat - did they have to hunt around for yours for a while?

Oops forgot the bracelet link - [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/i-caved-rg-cushions-bezels-milgrain-dbtybracelet.161562/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/i-caved-rg-cushions-bezels-milgrain-dbtybracelet.161562/[/URL]

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you MZ ::)

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, I can't believe I missed these last night!!!! Absolutely gorgeous, Yssie!!! :love: :love: :love:

Aside from the beautiful OECs, what I love is that you chose settings complementary of the era of the stones but they are sooo simple and elegant! That is my favorite look!

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous earrings!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you DS, lknvrb!!

DS - I know exactly what you mean - the eight prong martini style wasn't anachronistic enough to actively bother me, but now that they're in settings representative of the era I appreciate them all the more for it! ::)

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh for the love of all that sparkles, these studs are amazing!

You know, I am rarely covetous of others' possessions. But Yssie, you've done it. I want your earrings. I don't even wear earrings on a regular basis, and here I am scheming up ways to replicate these stunners.

They're perfect. The stones. The setting. The giant backs.

ihy138

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
THOSE.ARE.AMAZING. Ahhh! I love them. They are luscious and the perfect size. Wear them in good health!! :)

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hee hee I have something Haven wants, I have something Haven wants :bigsmile:

Seriously though, you have excellent taste so that's quite the compliment, thank you! It's interesting that you don't generally wear earrings - I feel nekkid if I walk out of the house without earrings of some sort! People really do vary ::) I don't really wear my ring all that much, actually, so these studs are probably going to be my most-used pieces.

ihy - thank you!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results