shape
carat
color
clarity

My dream studs: WF set my 2.5ctw OECS!!

sapphirering

Shiny_Rock
thud- these studs are so beautiful! you really should do this for a living Yssie. :appl:

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yssie, they're stunning! I haven't posted here on PS for months, but your earrings have made me break my hiatus! I love them. I now want to set my 3-prong 2ctw OECs into these 8-prongers!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
kama_s|1349306696|3278902 said:
Yssie, they're stunning! I haven't posted here on PS for months, but your earrings have made me break my hiatus! I love them. I now want to set my 3-prong 2ctw OECs into these 8-prongers!

Aww thank you sapphire!!

Kama good to hear from you!! Are you thinking about resetting your JbEG beauties?
Look for an email when I have my non-work laptop back in a couple of days :bigsmile:

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
:-o :-o :-o :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: I LOVE THOSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
dragonfly411|1349310587|3278963 said:
:-o :-o :-o :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: I LOVE THOSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you, I absolutely adore them! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yssie those mounts are dope! I love them. You must wear them all the time!

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
These are beautiful!! :love:

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
Your earrings are gorgeous and look fabulous on you! Perfect compliment to your stunning ring. Congrats!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A very late but very sincere thank you, Dreamer, rosetta, woofmama!! :bigsmile:

I'm still loving 'em and they still feel gigantic (good signs, right? :cheeky:) I think I'm about 50/50 with my time on these and my old "everyday earrings". I LOVE how totally different they are - they've got everything covered between them!

A couple more pics and some others of some of my favourites, just because...

2.53ctw & 0.1ctw Tiffany baby bezels in plat (a gift from my wonderful ILs ::) )

yssieps7_0.png

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A pair of oh-so-wonderfully wonky antique cushions in bezel bracelet by BGD, engraved band by Victor Canera, and a brooch that was a steal on fleabay - I use it for scarves (and saris on the rare occasion I wear them)

yssieps6.png

- - - - - - - - - -

yssieps5.png

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My Ering by DBL, and pink diamond half eternity - another gift

yssieps2.png

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
First studs ::) I was too little to remember much beyond being incredibly excited - I do remember yowling my head off!

yssieps3.png

- - - - - - - - - -

My grandmother wore this pair of bangles every day from the day she was married until she passed a couple of years ago. I have small wrists just like she had... they're two of my most treasured pieces.

yssieps4.png

jill_s

Brilliant_Rock
Yssie! I love the new photos! I still can't get over how beautiful your new earrings are. I know I owe you pics of my new studs, I will try to start a thread sometime this week. Thanks for sharing all the pics of your collection. I love seeing everything and hearing the stories. You have a beautiful collection!

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
Oh my goodness, the pictures you just posted are amaaaaazing! :love: :appl: :love:

TaterTots

Shiny_Rock
These are just STUNNING! I love these. :love:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
jill_s said:
Yssie! I love the new photos! I still can't get over how beautiful your new earrings are. I know I owe you pics of my new studs, I will try to start a thread sometime this week. Thanks for sharing all the pics of your collection. I love seeing everything and hearing the stories. You have a beautiful collection!

Jill, yup, still waiting on your thread!! I'd really love to see some pics - we have the same size and we got them at the same time, and I'm really interested to hear what you think! Have you been wearing yours regularly? I'm still getting used to them, I especially like wearing them around with just my plain band - it always feels like such a "grown up" and "mature" look, for whatever reason :cheeky:

Thank you, too ::) I'm so lucky to have pieces like my grandmother's bangles, they weren't pieces that especially drew attention - they were just always *there*, she was *always* wearing them, and I can't picture her without them...

armywife13 said:
Oh my goodness, the pictures you just posted are amaaaaazing! :love: :appl: :love:

:bigsmile: I got one of those snazzy daylight lamps and thought I'd try some pics with it, they came out really well! And even better, I don't have to sit by the window and shove the cats away every five seconds!

TaterTots said:
These are just STUNNING! I love these. :love:

Thank you!!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
:love: :appl: they look fab on you, too!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks mz!!

I'm half tempted to get second piercings just so I can wear both at once... :rodent:

plummiecat

Shiny_Rock
Your earrings are truly gorgeous! Do you mind my asking how much the settings were? Thanks.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you plummie!

They were ~1850 in plat in June with extra large backs and customised (thicker and longer) posts, IIRC the 18k quote was ~1450. If you think you might be interested in something similar I would definitely recommend calling in, prices can fluctuate and I don't know how if those numbers are close to accurate now!

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yssie--another question for you! Are the jumbo backs comfortable to sleep in and/or heavy on the ears? The reason I'm asking is b/c I will be getting a new set of MRB studs for my anniversary from WF and have requested the same jumbo backs in platinum. Did you say they are 10mm in diameter also?

Love your collection of jewelry, too!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh happy early anniversary mom2boys!!
Yup, mine are the same 10mms. I really like them - they make studs fit so well! No drooping, no wobbling, no turning... the backs are weighty but not unduly so, I don't think - I can feel the extra weight of stud + back right after I put them on but I forget about them after a couple of minutes.

I don't usually like to sleep in earrings but I've forgotten to take them out before bed a couple of times and there haven't been any unfortunate consequences, so so far so good I guess? ::) I'm being bad and using the backs for other earrings too - I'm sure it'll come back to bite me but they make everything so perky, I can't resist!

What studs are you getting, care to share? :Up_to_something:

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yssie--I'm happy to reveal this--they'll be in the 2+ ct range/ear! I'm going to order the semi-custom 6 prong martini style platinum settings w/ the same jumbo backs! I never take my earrings out so they must be comfortable to wear at all times! Glad to hear that you still like wearing yours now that you've had them for a while!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ohhhhhh WOW. They're gonna be INCREDIBLE.

Do you already have the stones picked out? You already have one of the most enviable collections - toss in 4ctw+ studs and... :-o :love: :devil: I'll definitely be requesting some family pics!!!

I'll try and get a better pic of the backs on the ear when I get home..

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
(double)

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
mom2boys this one's for you :cheeky:
Inspired, no? I don't think DH thought I'd actually *do* it when he suggested it, and I confess to feeling more than a bit silly posting it, but... hey, all in the name of info, right? ::)

front_0.png

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks a bunch, Yssie! You're a true PS'er, lol! That pic is exactly what I was looking for!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
::snort:: :bigsmile:

I seriously can't wait to hear more about your studs so hurry up and pick 'em!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yssie, your jewelry collection is just beautiful! I must tell you, however, how impressed I am with the bangles that your grandmother wore every day! What a special gift for you to have received...I can't imagine wearing bangle bracelets every day but I had a friend whose mother was Lebanese that wore gold bangles every day. I can still remember the sound! She was a beautiful, classy lady and they always looked so beautiful in her skin. I am happy for you that you have these!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MGR thank you, they really are special.

My grandparents had lots of ups and downs - he built his business from ground up, they went from rags to riches back to rags when the corrupt government snatched it away, they managed to raise four successful kids through it all... she was one of those women with *presence* - very slight of frame but you knew when she walked into the room - it sounds like your friend's mother was much the same way. The 120lb dogs that wouldn't listen to anyone worshipped her, never did figure that out! ::)

She didn't have much jewellery but the few pieces she had she wore religiously - matching diamond cluster earrings and nose studs, and this pair of bangles :))

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results