shape
carat
color
clarity

My antique style sapphire and diamond wedding set

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Finally got both my wedding band and my new camera, hurrah! Old pics of my ering are here: Victory ring. I still need practice with my shiny new Canon, but here''s few pics until I get the hang of it.

Both rings were purchased from Cross Jewelers, they are die-struck platinum with handcarved designs (similar to Van Craeynest).

First, the new band in its box:

vicband1.jpg

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Profile of the ring on its box

vicbox.jpg

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/11/2007 11:43:33 PM
Author:Selkie
Finally got both my wedding band and my new camera, hurrah! Old pics of my ering are here: Victory ring. I still need practice with my shiny new Canon, but here''s few pics until I get the hang of it.

Both rings were purchased from Cross Jewelers, they are die-struck platinum with handcarved designs (similar to Van Craeynest).

First, the new band in its box:
Hi Selkie! I love my canon! I hope you don''t mind I linked your Victory B E A U T Y to a sweet fella who is trying to find a sapphire for a custom ering.
4.gif
4.gif
4.gif

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Both rings, finger profile

vicfinger1.jpg

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Another side view of the intricate carving

vicpair.jpg

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Now for the artistic shots
1.gif
:
Dried flower arrangement

vicflowers1.jpg

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Oh Selkie!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
As MustangFan''s sig says, "Into the deep blue..."

vicsloop.jpg

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/11/2007 11:46:33 PM
Author: Love in Bloom

Hi Selkie! I love my canon! I hope you don''t mind I linked your Victory B E A U T Y to a sweet fella who is trying to find a sapphire for a custom ering.
4.gif
4.gif
4.gif

Not at all! I love my canon too...I picked it up for the first time literally 2 hours ago and started shooting with it. Haven''t even read the manual yet. It''s so easy!

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/11/2007 11:56:03 PM
Author: Selkie

Not at all! I love my canon too...I picked it up for the first time literally 2 hours ago and started shooting with it. Haven''t even read the manual yet. It''s so easy!
Wow you are a quick ''shooter''! Hooraaaaay for your new camera, but most importantly...CONGRATS on your wedding band!!!! That scroll engraving makes my heart go all fluttery
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

BTW I have been meaning to ask...I have been to downtown Portland a couple of times, but I never saw Cross or any other jewelry stores besides the ''folky'' ones (sterling silver stuff). Where exactly is Cross located?

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/12/2007 12:01:18 AM
Author: Love in Bloom
Date: 6/11/2007 11:56:03 PM

Author: Selkie

Not at all! I love my canon too...I picked it up for the first time literally 2 hours ago and started shooting with it. Haven't even read the manual yet. It's so easy!

Wow you are a quick 'shooter'! Hooraaaaay for your new camera, but most importantly...CONGRATS on your wedding band!!!! That scroll engraving makes my heart go all fluttery
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

BTW I have been meaning to ask...I have been to downtown Portland a couple of times, but I never saw Cross or any other jewelry stores besides the 'folky' ones (sterling silver stuff). Where exactly is Cross located?

Thanks! I'm a sucker for scroll motifs. I wanted to register for matching flatware
9.gif
but FI thought that was a little silly.

Cross is on the second floor of a building at 570 Congress St. That's about 3 or 4 blocks back from the waterfront (Commercial St). I've only been there once, so I'm not totally sure but I think there are signs at street level.
I think it's near the LL Bean factory store, if you know where that is.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful wedding set!

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty set! The details of the hand carved designs are amazing! Enjoy the new camera and ring!

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
It''s gorgeous! I love it!
30.gif

tulip928

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful rings, Selkie! I love that sapphire.
30.gif

widget

Ideal_Rock
Oh, Selkie!!! What a gorgeous wedding set! The detail!!!!!
23.gif

I LOVE IT!!
30.gif
30.gif

widget

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your set is really lovely! And I LOVE diamonds and sapphires together!

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Such a perfect set! It won''t be long now before that baby is on your hand permanently! And great camera! I have a Canon too and love it. Glad you got it! Now go take more pictures!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous set!!! Of course I may be biased towards sapphires..................LOL.
9.gif

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Two more shots, and then I need to go to work.
38.gif
. Here''s one in B&W of my set, and FI''s rings. The silver braided one is handmade by a guy in Florida, and is amazing craftmanship. The cable band is a Triton titanium band. FI does ship rigging as a sideline, and so he really wanted a ring to reflect that, and we thought these were perfect.

all_bw.jpg

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
His rings alone. The titanium ring is actually his wedding band, but they both fit his personality so well, he will probably wear the braided one instead, sometimes.

jmhjrings.jpg

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful set, I really love the engraving on the rings!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Selkie, the engraving on your matching band is fantastic!!! Love that set. The braided ring for him is fabulous - I really like it!

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Oh, I really like J''s rings too!!! Those are so special!!! And very HIM! Awesome!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those are beautiful, Selkie! That scrollwork reminds me a lot of the VC rings I am looking at. I just love Ralph at Cross Jewelers. I wish I could make it to their store someday!

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Love the scroll work. I love the setting. Is that what you call a fishtail? My two favorites....diamonds and sapphires.

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Both of your ring sets are absolutely adorable! I love the reflection of your hubby 2 be''s ship riggin in the cables. I''m a sucker for sentiment and I must say that is a very handsome band
2.gif

OH and I see you are playing around with your camera''s color modes. Do you have color accent mode where everything else is is B&W and you choose one color??? I would
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
to see just the blue of your sapphire beauty
3.gif
!

jfo

Brilliant_Rock
What a beautiful set! I love the details and that sapphire is gorgeous!

Siamese Kitty

Brilliant_Rock
I love all of the rings! They''re all so unique and beautiful.
1.gif

MustangFan

Brilliant_Rock
thanks for quoting me selkie! hehehe

your rings are perfect together! Are they custom made, so unique!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results