shape
carat
color
clarity

More settings to consider...Help

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

anika

Shiny_Rock
Also wanted to know, how do those designs with the swoopy bits under the stone "rosebud?" style work. Do you see the small diamonds from the top down so it acts like an illusion setting making the diamond look bigger or do you only see it from the side? Just curious...thanks

Anika

mepearl53

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Date: 10/23/2005 4:10:25 PM
Author: mrssalvo
Deco,

something about those ....... just speak to me..
These words are the true romance of jewelry. Male question here ladies. What do they say to you?

Scintillating

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/25/2005 4:46:15 PM
Author: anika

Also wanted to know, how do those designs with the swoopy bits under the stone ''rosebud?'' style work. Do you see the small diamonds from the top down so it acts like an illusion setting making the diamond look bigger or do you only see it from the side? Just curious...thanks

Anika

I wondered this about the Daniel K - Rosebud setting.
Anybody know?
Bill (mepearl53)?

Scintillating...

mepearl53

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Date: 10/25/2005 5:50:49 PM
Author: Scintillating

Date: 10/25/2005 4:46:15 PM
Author: anika

Also wanted to know, how do those designs with the swoopy bits under the stone ''rosebud?'' style work. Do you see the small diamonds from the top down so it acts like an illusion setting making the diamond look bigger or do you only see it from the side? Just curious...thanks

Anika

I wondered this about the Daniel K - Rosebud setting.
Anybody know?
Bill (mepearl53)?

Scintillating...
There are actually 2 tiny rows of pave that you see from the top and side views on the Daniel K. Don''t know what the other manufactures do.

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/23/2005 12:41:42 PM
Author: door knob solitaire
Lovelylulu,

Glad to have been of service to you! Poo Huh?
2.gif

Shay,

As I was reading your post I have you pictured....well....as a raving lunatic! Running around your computer with your arms flaling in the air, stomping your feet, leaving behind a trail of frothey drool. By all means...there will be a Shay warning in the future. We have got to redeem your reputation.

I am a raving lunatic on the proposal board...I cry like a baby every time.

Glad everyone like them. And I am very sorry to have added confusion to Mrssalvo decision. I did it for selfish reasons...I too want a cushion and thought I could vicariously get my cushion fix through hers.

DKS
Thank you so much. I really appreciate it. I mean that. If my husband sees me in that condition one more time, it''s Bellview here I come.
2.gif

The Shay warning will do the trick nicely.
9.gif

shay

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/25/2005 5:42:36 PM
Author: mepearl53
Date: 10/23/2005 4:10:25 PM

Author: mrssalvo

Deco,

something about those ....... just speak to me..
These words are the true romance of jewelry. Male question here ladies. What do they say to you?

for me it''s finding a piece of jewelry that embodies all the elements of the things i love the most, all of my musthalves coming together in one ring.

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock

...Male question here ladies. What do they say to you?

Well, Bill, at first they whisper quietly... but they get louder and more persistent VERY fast! They say things like, "Oh, look at me, look at me! Aren't I beautiful? Aren't I sparkly?! Aren't I unique? Wouldn't I look gorgeous on your hand?! OH please buy me! I'm worth it! OH! Wear me! Take me home! Love me! Make me YOURS! You'll never be sorry!" Yep. That's what they say.
2.gif
1.gif
9.gif

mepearl53

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Date: 10/25/2005 9:55:47 PM
Author: Lynn B

Well, Bill, at first they whisper quietly... but they get louder and more persistent VERY fast! They say things like, ''Oh, look at me, look at me! Aren''t I beautiful? Aren''t I sparkly?! Aren''t I unique? Wouldn''t I look gorgeous on your hand?! OH please buy me! I''m worth it! OH! Wear me! Take me home! Love me! Make me YOURS! You''ll never be sorry!'' Yep. That''s what they say.
2.gif
1.gif
9.gif
For 34 years I''ve watched women''s eyes tell me this. Most men will never understand that feeling. When I take my wife to the jewelry shows she actually gets depressed looking at all of the beautiful pieces. I just want to own them :) like a pirate.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I know you like the split shank, this is a double split shank (not sure if that is what it is called) but I thought it was very pretty.

625.jpg

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
here is the side few
30.gif

1637.jpg

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMIGOD. Tacori! I followed your trail over to that site with Kirk Kara designs and this is exactly the one that caught my eye! I didn''t think of it for Mssalvo though ... you are ON IT!!! So unusual & delicate ... a real winner. I like that Kirk Kara guy ...

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/28/2005 12:40:34 AM
Author: decodelighted
OMIGOD. Tacori! I followed your trail over to that site with Kirk Kara designs and this is exactly the one that caught my eye! I didn''t think of it for Mssalvo though ... you are ON IT!!! So unusual & delicate ... a real winner. I like that Kirk Kara guy ...

I did forget to mention it was a Kirk Kara
3.gif
opps. Deco, his designs are amazing did you look at his band rings! It described this setting as "Fifty-one diamonds (0.73) are pavé set by master jewelers in the Kirk Kara studio. Available in Platinum or 18k White Gold" $2600 18kt WG, $3825 PLT.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my, that Kirk Kara is GORGEOUS!!
30.gif

Does anyone know how wide the whole shank is near the center stone?

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/28/2005 1:52:29 AM
Author: Kim N
30.gif

hey Kim,
i checked out their site and it doesn't say, but i'm sure you could give them a call and ask..

thanks tacori for thinking of me
1.gif
all of these rings are so amazing.

BeaudryBabe

Shiny_Rock
Wow, I love it too.

Very unusual and elegant!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/28/2005 1:52:29 AM
Author: Kim N
30.gif

I know, I am on a Kirk Kara kick. Here is the information:
Dimensions:
2.7mm W
Diamond: Round
Carat Total Weight:
0.52 ctw
Number of Stones:
Color:
G-H
Clarity:
VS2-SI1
Setting:
Pavé setting

And here is a picture with the matching wedding band....
30.gif

kirkkara set.jpg

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just keeps getting better. Love it with the band!!!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
deco, imagine it with a band on EACH side....I am so bad
11.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/26/2005 7:33:23 AM

Date: 10/25/2005 9:55:47 PM
Author: Lynn B

Well, Bill, at first they whisper quietly... but they get louder and more persistent VERY fast! They say things like, 'Oh, look at me, look at me! Aren't I beautiful? Aren't I sparkly?! Aren't I unique? Wouldn't I look gorgeous on your hand?! OH please buy me! I'm worth it! OH! Wear me! Take me home! Love me! Make me YOURS! You'll never be sorry!' Yep. That's what they say.
For 34 years I've watched women's eyes tell me this. Most men will never understand that feeling. When I take my wife to the jewelry shows she actually gets depressed looking at all of the beautiful pieces. I just want to own them :) like a pirate.
Good question... what jewelry speak is!
5.gif

Some make great accessories, and say 'hey, I'll be nice with that jacket' or 'wait a minute, don't you just need a new trinket today, life is short'. But then, some jewes are just part of me and would never tire of them - seein them feels like being reunited with an old friend
9.gif
. These say 'let me hug you, we've been parted for so long!'. Weirdly enough, my jeweler seems to know better what will 'grow on me' than I do. Seriously, I may tire of something I dreamt of and chose myself, but not of his choices. Trying things on makes all the difference for me, and the old guy knows it all too well.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tacori, thanks for posting the details on the Kirk Kara! It looks even better (as if that were possible!) with the wedding band.
30.gif

kisses2go

Rough_Rock
hi this is probably way off but i cant figure out how to get back and post questions..but i have one queston...how do you wear the e-ring and the w-band? which goes on first? I always heard you put the band closest to your heart and e-ring goes on top of it..advice please....
kisses2go

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results