shape
carat
color
clarity

More settings to consider...Help

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Kerbear560

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/21/2005 5:55:57 PM
Author: mrssalvo
oh you guys are so not helping
9.gif
love the cartier (isn''t the one kerbear posted cartier) and Mat. that is one of my favorite settings i''ve seen from Winfields..
Hehehe...
31.gif

I think the one I posted is a Cartier (but it''s not on their website, and they didn''t have it at the Cartier boutique when I went there to look for it). You could always have it custom made. Or, the one Matatora posted looks pretty similar!
9.gif

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Your new avatar picture is indeed adorable! I REALLY like #3 the Michael B. So pretty and classy.

ellewoods

Shiny_Rock
Hello hello!

What a delicious dilemma! I certainly envy you!
1.gif

I have to say, the Daniel K split shank is my absolute favorite between those 3. I think the one you posted is the Daniel K "Union Square" and I''m going to post another picture of it so others can see how absolutely stunning it is. I love the delicate thin band/shank, but with lots of tiny beautiful pave diamonds. I think it really makes a center stone pop!

Daniel K Union Square.jpg

ellewoods

Shiny_Rock
Oh by the way, I just have to post this in defense of the #1 pic on the first page, the Daniel K. I know the picture on the black background isn''t the most flattering of that setting for some reason.....and it does look sort of large and chunky. But it''s NOT in person at all! I have tried it on and it is gorgeous and delicate and really really pretty. The "Union Square" style is a little bit bigger than some of Daniel K''s most delicate settings, but it is by no means chunky or too big looking on the hand. It''s simply divine!
36.gif

Here''s another picture of the second Daniel K that Mrs. S posted....I think its the same one anyway. This pic is from the Solomon Bros. website.

Daniel K 91197 from Solomon Bros.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh ellewoods, thanks so much for the pics. i love the split shank you posted, i do believe it's the same one and your makes it look so much more delicate. i just love the gallery, all the pave on the basket, yummy...

so you have tried both on in person?
what size center stone did the split shank have? do you know if a wedding band can be worn next to it?

it's funny but i don't like the rosebud as much in the solomonbrothers pic..

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/21/2005 6:57:00 PM
oh ellewoods, thanks so much for the pics. i love the split shank you posted, i do believe it''s the same one and your makes it look so much more delicate. i just love the gallery, all the pave on the basket, yummy...

so you have tried both on in person?
what size center stone did the split shank have? do you know if a wedding band can be worn next to it?

it''s funny but i don''t like the rosebud as much in the solomonbrothers pic..
That is so funny. I completely agree. Those two new pics make me totally reverse my picks. I like that split shank Daniel K. It is yummy!!!

shay

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
ok side by side of the rosebud...the 2nd one looks much heavier to me...anyone seen it in person??? blueroses????

04TT13.jpg
Daniel%20K%2091197%20from%20Solomon%20Bros.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
split shank side by side...

Daniel%20K%20Union%20Square.jpg
02TT13.jpg

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have seen the split shank Daniel K in person and it is very delicate. These pics really don''t translate well. I will go to Bernie Robbins for you mrssalvo and see the rosebud. Then I will report back to you.
2.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
thanks kaleigh, i trust your eyes completely and i know you have excellent taste
1.gif

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
In order of preference:

#4 (the daniel k with asscher)

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the split shank. Love it! I think it is sexy to have the skin peek through the setting.
2.gif

Maya Moonstone

Shiny_Rock
Hi

Yummy! Another cushion to look forward to! I really like the Daniel K split shank! I consodered it for a while, but I wanted to wear a w-band and B, my "so called better half"
9.gif
prefers solitaires without pave...

I really like this Cartier setting as well. And Portia''s Danhov setting is delicious
3.gif

What are you going to do with your OMC set in the Quest Tiffany''s setting? I LOVE that ring! I send the photo to my mother in South Africa and she is in the process of looking for a similiar stone and a custom made setting based on yours!

Maya

cartier merge.jpg

researcher

Ideal_Rock
I know I''m a little late getting into this, but I like #3 then #1. Of all the split shanks I''ve seen, the Daniel K is BY FAR my favorite! And there is an eternity band by Daniel K that will sit flush with it
1.gif
But, like the others, I think the #3 Michael B is just so classic while still carrying the same insane BLING as the split shank. And, with #3 you could always pair your ring with 2 pave bands if you want!
31.gif
I guess I just prefer things that are a bit more traditional. I would consider getting the split shank for a fun RHR, but would hands down choose #3 as a lasting setting I''d never get tired of
1.gif
Hope that helps!!!

pebbles

Brilliant_Rock
Hi MrsSalvo!
35.gif

I like the Michael B one (the 3rd one you posted) best.
2.gif
With your tiny fingers, would you be able to even see the split shank of the Daniel K one? If you get a nice sized stone, it may take up so much real estate on your finger that the setting may be lost.

And I am giving you a time out for being on Pearlman''s web site again!

icelady

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/21/2005 4:27:55 PM
Hi Icelady, where have you been lately?? we''ve missed you around here..
Hi Mrssalvo, Thanks for your kind words. I''ve missed you all too!
1.gif
My Mom had some health problems, but is now on the mend, so I will be popping in more often again.
9.gif

I still wholeheartedly vote for the split shank, no matter what picture!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Glad to have you back icelady!!! Hope your mom is feeling much better. Ok sorry mrssalvo, back to more pics!!!
31.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/21/2005 7:46:58 PM
Author: Maya Moonstone

. And Portia''s Danhov setting is delicious
3.gif

Maya

for those who haven''t seen it, here''s portia''s Danhov, i hope you don''t mind me posting it portia
1.gif
i pretty sure portia said this one must be worn solo..

DSC_0059sm.jpg

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just love that setting as well. Portia''s ring is amazing.
30.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Oh wow! Portias is very nice. I have to say I know everyone seems to like the split shank but I just dont care for it. I think it will look dated later on. JMO.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
COngrats Mrs. Salvo! Very exciting indeed. I love then all...

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh I can''t help it. I tried not to post it for like the 12th time this month but ...

Pick this, pick this!!! If only so I can live vicariously through you. Of your current pix: #1. I think you''re craving something "different" from a solitare & I think the split shank (OR SPLIT CROWN, hint hint) is a sophisticated "upgrade ring" twist you''d love forever!

pearlmancushion2.jpeg

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
That was one of the pics she sent me yesterday, I love it too deco!! There is something about that ring, just adore it!!!

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
HEY!!! That''s the one I was going to post!!! LOL. I LOOOVVEE that. Also like this one from Leon

splitleon.jpg

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
< There is something about that ring, just adore it!!!

Kaleigh I know what you mean! I think its the tiny tiny diamonds once the split happens and the larger ones on the rest of the band.

But Mrssalvo I don''t think you could go wrong with any of your choices. You have great taste and I love all of ''em/ would take any of ''em -- really.

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
For me...the Daniel rosebud firstest...because it is so unique and still engagement ring look from the top , but when you get to peek at the gallery oooo la la. Can you imagine driving with that thing? The diamond looks like it is on an Hawaiian vacation and is suspended in a hammock swinging in the breeze. (Ok, you had doubt? Now you know I am nutts!)

Second for me is the first of your choice, the split shank. I love the basket head architecture. It is striking and melded with the delicacy of the pave and as a previous poster pointed out -seeing skin through the split -adds demension and depth. It is a new design but classic. Oh and this one can be worn as a one ringer...

My third choice...go to leons site and look at his cushions. Comfortable fluffy cushions. Dual claw prongs...

Change of subject: I would like to draw everyones attention to the photo Kerbear posted...does anyone know its orgin? Everyone look at it...it has been photoshoped. Don''t be offended, as I love the design myself...but I don''t think the ring actually exists. What was photoshoped or cropped out? Was the diamond a different shape? If you can''t see what I am referring to, look at the cross bar of the basket...see the gray sqiggly paint line? What was there? Whomever photoshoped didn''t have much skill with the computer program... but has an incredible eye for ring design. I love that head and scale. So, any one know who did it? Again, no offense intended...actually I am expressing kutos for the design. And then attemping to search out the ring for my project. Oh, my apologies for the hijack.
2.gif

DKS

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I believe kerbear said it was a Cartier design?? I went back through this thread and that''s what she said.

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
I'm a bit late, but I would be completely happy with #1 or #3. Probably #3 would be my first choice by a little bit, but #1 isn't too shabby either!
2.gif

ellewoods

Shiny_Rock
Hello Mrs. S!

When my boyfriend and I "happened" to stumble into our first jewelry store that sold beautiful engagement rings, they happened to carry Daniel Ks. Yes, I might have nudged him into the store (he likes to look at the Rolexes there)....but I had no idea who Daniel K was, who ring designers were, nothing. All I knew was that we were getting towards the engagement phase and I liked emerald cuts. That''s all I knew! I had no idea Pricescope existed!
3.gif

At that gorgeous, wonderful, very overpriced store, I looked at lots of rings in the counters but all of them seemed too plain, too chunky, too mature, too....not me. But they had a few Daniel K rings and I was in LOVE! They had the boxter (the one with the halo, which I personally don''t want), and a simple one, with a large center stone and pave band...I think called "dimple pave" style. But they had the most beautiful picture of the Union Square split shank. And I decided I HAD to have that for my engagement ring! My boyfriend really liked it too. Of course I had no idea how expensive his rings are, so I don''t know if that will ever be a reality.

Anyway, later on my own I was shopping in the Bay Area and found a nice jewelry store that had the Union Square in their store! So I tried it on. And it was GORGEOUS. When I tried on the Daniel K split shank (the one I call the "Union Square" because its advertised as such on some of Daniel K''s promotional materials....it was on a beautiful brochure and postcard at the super fancy expensive store I visited about 6 months ago)..........It was set with about a 2.03 center stone. And it was breathtaking. I was worried too, that it might look chunky, or not delicate enough (I want a very, very thin band) but it totally surpassed my expectations. It was delicate, and very elegant, and not in your face, but the intricate details and beautiful delicate setting with subtle but very sparkly diamonds really took my breath away.

I did not try it on with a wedding band, so I am not sure exactly how to do a wedding band that will sit flush. The jewelry store told me they can make a wedding band that is custom made, slightly curved, so it sits exactly flush. But after seeing it in person, I don''t think you need to do that. Although I didn''t try on a wedding band with the Union Square, it seemed to me that you could wear a regular wedding band (non curved, not specially made) and it would sit pretty near flush. Not exactly, probably, but definitely not having a giant gap and looking strange.

I absolutely love Pearlman''s website.....they have tons and tons of wonderful rings and I''ve been emailing with Bill about lots of specifics and he has been nothing but patient with me and very informative. But for some reason the Daniel K rings do not look as good in those pictures as they do in person (except for that picture I posted, which is a Daniel K advertisement from Daniel K himself). I promise I promise they look 200 times as amazing in person!

Last week I was in Michael C. Fina in New York, and they carry some of the Daniel K rings. I didn''t see a Union Square one
39.gif
39.gif
, but they had some others that were gorgeous too. I did go to Jacob & Co., also in New York City. They had the Union Square ring, but I was far too intimidated to try it on. It is an extremely expensive, celebrities only kind of jewelry store....I walked in and no one even looked at me, let alone wanted to help with anything.
19.gif
But I did see the Union Square setting.....it was very pretty of course, but the lowest center stones they carried were about 3 carats, maybe 4 -- so I hightailed it out of there.
41.gif

And you know what''s strange? I saw this Daniel K ring at Michael C. Fina (picture is at the bottom of the page). And I had seen it before in pictures online and I liked it OK, but wasn''t super impressed with it. But I saw it last weekend at Michael C. Fina and it was GORGEOUS!
36.gif
I totally drooled over it for the whole weekend. I thought it was kind of plain looking or whatever, for some reason it didn''t grab me from the pictures I''ve seen online. But after seeing it in person, it is gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous!
30.gif

So anyway, I would highly reccomend you find a jeweler who carries a good selection of Daniel K rings and visit in person. I''m sure that''s good advice for anyone looking for any diamond or ring, but with Daniel K I think it''s essential. His rings are gorgeous, and if your budget allows one, I think you should 150% get one. But to really see the differences and find the one you love the most, seeing them in person is essential.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
door knob, i think you are right. i think guywithring was the original poster and he made his own design combining the cartier with something else. i''ll go look for the thread.

deco, i love the split crown too. I love them all with is the problem. i guess i''m not going to know anything for sure until i get to pearlman''s to try them all on and see which on just knocks my socks off.

mmm- i love everything on leon''s site but with his recent little things i''m not sure i can deal with going custom without a jeweler to represent me. i expect custom to be perfect and am very picky. bill pearlman already knows this about me and is willing to work with me any way
9.gif

you guys are just the best with all your helpful advice...thanks so very much...

now to hunt for that thread....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results