shape
carat
color
clarity

More settings to consider...Help

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ok fellow Pricescopers, I need your help. As many of you know I have been all over the map with trying to choose a new setting for my upgrade. I thought I had made up my mind with the Ritani 3 stone but seeing all the gorgeous cushions around here i started thinking maybe a cushion is the new stone for me. My best friend has a 2 carat cushion in pave setting and it is absolutely stunning. Anyway, i started doing some searching for a couple of cushion settings that I like. Which do you prefer and why. and peebles and kaleigh, i know...i need to stay off pearlman''s website..lol...

#1 Daniel K split shank

02TT13.jpg

#2 Michael Beaudry cushion/halo

24B11.jpg

#3 Michael B my first love

48P11.jpg

laney

Brilliant_Rock
I can''t get over how cute your doggie is in your avatar.

So, pave . ... my favorite. I too like the michael B designs. .. But my vote is for #1 with a cushion.

Will you be wearing a matching wedding band?

Caribou

Brilliant_Rock
#3 is my favorite...it's classic and delicate looking...similar to what I'm hoping to receive any time day *tapping my fingers*
28.gif
However, if I were to upgrade the setting and diamond after being married I would go with #1...it still has that delicate classic look but with a little bit more sophistication.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/21/2005 3:34:21 PM
Author: laney
I can''t get over how cute your doggie is in your avatar.

So, pave . ... my favorite. I too like the michael B designs. .. But my vote is for #1 with a cushion.

Will you be wearing a matching wedding band?

thanks laney, my doggie is such a trooper to play dress-up
17.gif

I love #1 and if possible i would wear a pave wedding band. i think daniel k makes a super thin one that can be worn with it.

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
I agree about the avatar -- such a cute pic.

Okay, settings -- well, I don't like #2 much. Too busy and chunky, I think. For me, it would be between #1 and #3. It's a hard call. I think the Michael B looks more like a traditional engagement ring. And you could easily wear a band against it. Is that something you're planning to do? I guess I would lean towards the MB mainly because of its simplicity. But you can't go wrong with either.

ETA You just answered my question. They're both so gorgeous. I don't know how you pick!

Melinda

Shiny_Rock
Number 3 is elegant, classy and beautiful. I say get that one.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Are the other 2 you showed me yesterday out of the running. I need to know so I can vote, haha!!!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/21/2005 3:39:44 PM
Author: kaleigh
Are the other 2 you showed me yesterday out of the running. I need to know so I can vote, haha!!!

25.gif
...lol...

not necessarily...but i really like the split shank on the daniel k #1. the other one i sent you has just the split at the crown and i think i would like to see more of the split. ok maybe i''ll add this other back in:

imagine this with a cushion

04TT13.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
that last daniel K is my fave...the split one looks too masculine, maybe it''s the way it is photographed. but i like the daniel K like K''s ...with a cushion that would be FAB!

Caribou

Brilliant_Rock
Ohhhhhh I like that one Mrssalvo.

30.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Alrighty then. #1, then #3. They are both great, but leaning towards #1 more. Does that help??
31.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/21/2005 3:49:26 PM
Author: Mara
that last daniel K is my fave...the split one looks too masculine, maybe it''s the way it is photographed. but i like the daniel K like K''s ...with a cushion that would be FAB!

i love that two but any halo ring i''ve tried on so does NOT flatter my hand at all
39.gif

it''s wishful thinking that the beaudry could look good..
20.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Did you see this? It is on Pearlman''s Previously Owned section.

maybeformrssalvo.JPG

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh yeah....mat, i saw it, but a wear a 3.5-4...do you think it can be sized?

ETA; i know they can be sized a little, maybe down, bit but i don't think 3 sizes...

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Oh, I like the Daniel K you just added. I''m not super crazy about the split shank in #1. It doesn''t look as delicate and I wonder if it wouldn''t be as flattering to the stone (i.e. won''t make it look as big).

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/21/2005 3:57:27 PM
Author: Demelza
Oh, I like the Daniel K you just added. I''m not super crazy about the split shank in #1. It doesn''t look as delicate and I wonder if it wouldn''t be as flattering to the stone (i.e. won''t make it look as big).

good point...we definitely don''t want to do anything to make the stone look smaller
32.gif
3.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the rosebud, very pretty and feminine.

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/21/2005 3:59:15 PM
Author: mrssalvo
Date: 10/21/2005 3:57:27 PM

Author: Demelza

good point...we definitely don''t want to do anything to make the stone look smaller
32.gif
3.gif

Indeed!!!!
9.gif
9.gif

snlee

Ideal_Rock

I vote for #3! I love the Michael B one. But I think it also depends on how the different settings look on your finger. I think some settings may not look good on me since my finger is small. Have you tried any of them on yet?

How exciting! Is this upgrade in the near future? What are you going to do with you Quest setting?

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
If that prev. owned setting is full eternity, I don''t think that can be sized. I''ve seen those 3 sided Michael B settings and I wouldn''t want to be screwing around with those and resizing!

I like #1 the best. There''s something dainty and interesting about it. Love that split shank look.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/21/2005 4:02:50 PM
Author: snlee

I vote for #3! I love the Michael B one. But I think it also depends on how the different settings look on your finger. I think some settings may not look good on me since my finger is small. Have you tried any of them on yet?

How exciting! Is this upgrade in the near future? What are you going to do with you Quest setting?

i haven't tried any of them on yet. I am planning a trip to Pearlman's in December
36.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/21/2005 3:57:00 PM
Author: mrssalvo
oh yeah....mat, i saw it, but a wear a 3.5-4...do you think it can be sized?
Oh I dont know. I would ask Bill, he is very polite. I did not realize you had such delicate fingers, I have a size 6 so in my mind everyone else does.
emembarrassed.gif
Perhaps you could ask Bill if he has anything like what you are looking for that might not have yet been posted. It cannot hurt to ask IMO.

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
You have such pretty hands, I can't imagine anything not looking good on you.

icelady

Brilliant_Rock
Mrssalvo! I''d like to register my vote too!! I am so incredibly in love with the split shank
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
! It is such a beautiful setting.

I would love to get to Pearlman''s some day too. I think one could have a wonderful time there!
9.gif
2.gif
9.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Icelady, where have you been lately?? we''ve missed you around here..

Kerbear560

Shiny_Rock
I vote for the Michael B! (I love your avatar too...Your dog is adorable! I love Golden Retreivers
9.gif
)

I don''t mean to butt in, but have you seen this setting? It''s my FAVORITE for a cushion!!!
30.gif

paveyum.JPG

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Oh that one remind me of This one from Winfield''s
"Diamond channel set cathedral. This elegant ring includes channel set diamonds - approximately .36 ct depending on finger size, lovely claw prongs and impeccable beauty! Shown here set with a 3 ct cushion. Pricing is for ring in platinum in size 4-7.5 and includes channel set diamonds. Center stone additional. Also available in 14 karat white or yellow gold at $895 and 18 karat gold at $995. Platinum pricing subject to change based on market conditions. Creation time - 3 weeks. "

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh you guys are so not helping
9.gif
love the cartier (isn''t the one kerbear posted cartier) and Mat. that is one of my favorite settings i''ve seen from Winfields..

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I do not know your budget but I thought 1318$ was pretty resonable.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
$1318 is very reasonable. fortuately, we have been very blessed and i will have a fairly liberal budget to work with
1.gif
also, i would rather save up a bit more and find "the one" than settle for something i'm not completely in love with..this will be my one and only upgrade so i want to make the most it..

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results