shape
carat
color
clarity

Mom''s ring is in the mail!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

blithesome71

Shiny_Rock
Wow! That peridot is so pretty. I love the setting too; LOVELY!
30.gif
Surely your mom will love that beautiful ring too.

PinkTower

Brilliant_Rock
Absolutely gorgeous. I would never tire of looking at that ring. The whole thing is unique in a positive way.

Tell your mom I understand about her hand shyness. Seeing your hands on the internet is humbling at my age. You know how they say the camera adds twenty pounds? It also adds twenty years. Yes, I am sure the camera adds twenty years to my hands.....

icekid

Ideal_Rock
LOL about the hands... I am obsessive about sunscreen on my face and need to become so about my hands as well
20.gif

Gorgeous ring, G! Your mom is a lucky lady.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh thanks for the photos! It does look lovely and not like a signet ring at all. Wonderful gift!

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
YAHOO for peridots! The ring is lovely, Gypsy. Glad to hear your mom loves it. Here''s to early birthday presents!

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Wow, that turned out GREAT! Lucky Mom!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
LOL I took one pic of it on her hand and she saw it on the little screen and was like.... delete and use your hands please. LOL. Oooooooooooookay. I think mine are kinda chubby and dry and hairy, but whatever, you guys have seen the hobbit hands before and you will see them again.

Thank you all for the lovely comments, it is very pretty and she does like it. We had kind of a funny/sad moment with it. The pain killers and all the surgeries have really done a number on her memory (completely and utterly) and so she''s looking at it in the car (it was shooting off lots of beautiful color) and she says to me... why did you get it two tone like that? And I was stunned for a moment (not a good thing while driving) and I reminded her (very gently) of the three pieces she had bought recently that were two tone (all in the last 4 months) with silver and she was didn''t remember the pieces at all at first then was like... OH, that''s right. I did buy those... where are they? I like them, I should really wear them.

It was funny because she was like... how smart of you to rememeber and think of that. And it was sad because well... just an hour before I had asked her while she was getting ready, if she wanted to wear the pendant she had bought and she had said no. So I don''t know how bad her memory loss is. I don''t know if when she was getting dressed she didn''t realize which pendant I was referring to because she forgot she had forgotten about it since her hip surgery, or if she DID remember the pendant then, and in the space of an hour forgot about it. I''m hoping it''s the former and it''s just that this last week only she''s regained her mobility to go out and about since her hip surgery and that since she was in PJ''s for all these weeks she just didn''t give a thought to jewelry or what she''d bought.

Still and all. She was really happy to have matching pieces.

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Aww, Gypsy, what a heart-rending time your mom and you must be going through with her illness. It sounds like there''s a lot of closeness between you two, which probably makes it even more painful in many ways, but also must be a source of great comfort.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you G... My mom and I are close, but it''s frought with issues. Still, it hurts to see her grasping for things like that. It''s happened a few times. She forgot DH''s birthday (though I had told her the day before when we were planning what to do) and was horrified (We showed up to her house with dinner and a cake and when I was pulling the cake out of the fridge she asked my why I had brought it, then she pretty much collapsed into tears because she was so frustrated about her memory). So I''m thinking it''s just short term memory that''s affected and I''m hoping that it''s getting better.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results