shape
carat
color
clarity

Michael B Crown Lace and Wisp Band

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Well, I may officially have the PS record for greatest number of resets, but I think I also may have the PS record for worst luck when it comes to mountings – rubbing girdles, porosity, crooked heads, oh my!

Here’s a little background:

I started with the Facets shared prong eternity wedding set only to find that the girdles of the stones ate away at my center prongs and each other. Fortunately, I was able to return the engagement ring portion of the set and was sent back to the drawing board.

At that point, I wanted simple and classic. That led me to the beautiful Superbcert Tiffany Replica. After an initial problem with porosity in the prongs, I wore that ring happily for almost a year. When I upgraded my center stone, I was happy it was exactly the same size as my previous stone because it meant that I could reuse the mounting. Or so I thought. When my (former) jeweler set my new stone, he screwed up the head and the diamond always looked lopsided from one side. I was told by another jeweler that the only real fix was to remake the head. I was a little skeptical it would look right, so I got the bright idea to treat myself to an early push present and ordered the now ill-fated Lockes Signature Setting. In case you don’t know how that turned out, here’s a link to my old thread: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-experience-with-lockes.52130/

Well, it’s been almost a year since all that turmoil and I think I finally got it right this time with the Michael B Crown Lace and Wisp band. I decided not to go for two Wisps because it felt like too much ring on one finger. I kind of like that it’s not matchy-matchy and that the Wisp adds just a touch of sparkle without much bulk. Hope you enjoy the photos!

MyMBandWisp0001_8.JPG

Demelza

Ideal_Rock

MyMBandWisp0001_2.JPG

Demelza

Ideal_Rock

MyMBandWisp0001_10.JPG

Demelza

Ideal_Rock

MyMBandWisp0001_3.JPG

Demelza

Ideal_Rock

MyMBandWisp0001_13.JPG

Demelza

Ideal_Rock

MyMBandWisp0001_12.JPG

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
As usual your diamond looks fabulous, lady!!! I love the crown lace band...tried that one on way back when, but looking at the pretty shiny head, all I can think of is SHAVING DOWN THOSE PRONGS!!! Lemme at em!
3.gif
But you know me, I'm a small prong weirdo. It certainly is a lovely set, love the wisp band with it...are you happy??? How come you decided to change the Lockes?

Random note but my coworker has the crown lace e-ring and her head is totally different, she got it 3 years ago, did they recently change it?

partyjewels

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful! I also just love that wisp band.. I''ve wanted one ever since I saw my first one on PS! :D

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/11/2007 1:38:39 AM
Author: Mara
As usual your diamond looks fabulous, lady!!! I like the crown lace band, but don't love that head, all I can think of is SHAVING DOWN THOSE PRONGS!!!
3.gif
But you know me, I'm a small prong weirdo. It certainly is a lovely set...are you happy??? How come you decided to change the Lockes?

Random note but my coworker has the crown lace e-ring and her head is totally different, she got it 3 years ago, did they recently change it?

I actually love the head. I didn't think I would until I saw the ring in person. It's very art deco and much more delicate in real life than in pics. How is your co-worker's head different? That's odd.

As for the Lockes, see my thread. The first version was in my possession for all of a day. After the second remake, it went to Rich Sherwood who graded the workmanship as fair. Both versions were a mess as you can see in Rich's pics. I gave up at that point and two days later had my baby! Lockes is out of business now. No surprise there!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh ! I had no idea that you were having problems with the Lockes, I am so out of it! Well this is certainly a great way to go...you can eventually get another wisp band for an anniversary or something fun!! One thing about the prongs, it makes your diamond look bigger...always a good thing!
3.gif
My coworker''s head does not have the same kind of really prominent head swoops that yours does. Hers is a lot more ''basic'' for lack of a better word, it just is like a 4 prong basket I think. And the prongs are small. I don''t know if they changed it previously or something? I will have to take a better look at it tomorrow and report back.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Demelza: your e-ring and band look absolutely perfect together. I''m glad to hear you''re happy with your final/latest selection, I think they are beautiful! Congrats!
36.gif
35.gif

dani13

Ideal_Rock
LOVE IT!!!
36.gif
36.gif
Its really gorgeous!! ENJOY!!!
36.gif
36.gif

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Absolutely beautiful!!!!
36.gif

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s gorgeous! I love the two together! And I''m glad you have a set you''re finally happy with! (I read your old thread-yikes to the Lockes settings!)

By the way, what are the stats on your diamond? It looks beautiful!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
it''s just fabulous!!! the lace is one of my all time favorite rings and it really shows off your diamond so well. love, love, love the tiny wisp band too...I''m so glad you are really happy and things worked out this time for you...more pics, more pics, pretty, pretty please???

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
oh it''s beautiful! i love the combination, they compliment each other so well! i''m glad you finally have your setting settled.
2.gif
enjoy!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, that is so beautiful and elegant!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
YAY!!! I''m so glad you are finally happy! It''s gorgeous and the lace looks great with the wisp band. What a beautiful set you now have!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
Your new set is beautiful! I'm sorry about all the problems you've had, but if they were a good excuse to wind up with Michael B Lace, I'd say it was worth it!
2.gif
I love MBLace; one of my very favorites. And it looks beautiful with the band you got.
30.gif

jfo

Brilliant_Rock
WOW... your new wedding set is simply gorgeous! I''m really glad to hear that you didn''t have any issues with this reset--I read your old thread about Lockes... ah well, what''s in the past is in the past now. Enjoy your new set... and gosh, I have to say that your diamond is just to die for.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The crown lace is just stunning! I''m sorry about your bad luck. I think you''ve just changed my mind on what I wanted for my permanent setting. I was going to get the Raphael Duo from Facets, but if there are rubbing problems (which is something I was worried about), I won''t bother. Off to the drawing board for me!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
So beautiful!!!

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
That is a gorgeous setting, and it looks great with the non-matchy band! Great choice!
3.gif

snlee

Ideal_Rock
It''s gorgeous! I love it! I''m glad you''re finally happy with your set!

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
OH. MY. WORD. ALEX!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

That set is gorgeous and looks wonderful on you! I LOVE it! That Crown Lace is one of my favorite settings EVER, too... and paired with that beautiful little wisp band... ahhhhhh -- sheer perfection!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
I wouldn't change a THING!

Congrats!

xoxoxo
Lynn

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/11/2007 10:35:08 AM
Author: lyra
The crown lace is just stunning! I''m sorry about your bad luck. I think you''ve just changed my mind on what I wanted for my permanent setting. I was going to get the Raphael Duo from Facets, but if there are rubbing problems (which is something I was worried about), I won''t bother. Off to the drawing board for me!

Have you discussed your concerns with Facets? I got my first set almost 3 years ago and they said there wouldn''t be any problems. I think they''re now well aware that the girdles rubbing is a real concern. Perhaps they''ve somehow changed the sets to avoid this problem. Or perhaps the Raphael is designed in such a way that the girdles won''t rub. They were very gracious and took back my engagement ring when I said I was having problems. If you love the set, I would see what they say before scrapping it. Good luck!! And thanks for the compliments on my new set!

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/11/2007 9:14:14 AM
Author: thing2of2
It''s gorgeous! I love the two together! And I''m glad you have a set you''re finally happy with! (I read your old thread-yikes to the Lockes settings!)

By the way, what are the stats on your diamond? It looks beautiful!

Thanks for the kind words! The Lockes setting fiasco was no fun at all. I''m glad it''s long behind me.

My diamond is a 2.37 ct G, VS2, AGS 0, H&A.

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/11/2007 9:24:05 AM
Author: mrssalvo
it''s just fabulous!!! the lace is one of my all time favorite rings and it really shows off your diamond so well. love, love, love the tiny wisp band too...I''m so glad you are really happy and things worked out this time for you...more pics, more pics, pretty, pretty please???

Thanks, MrsS! You were a lot of help to me during this process. You know your MB well!!!!

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/11/2007 12:48:33 PM
Author: Lynn B
OH. MY. WORD. ALEX!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

That set is gorgeous and looks wonderful on you! I LOVE it! That Crown Lace is one of my favorite settings EVER, too... and paired with that beautiful little wisp band... ahhhhhh -- sheer perfection!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
I wouldn't change a THING!

Congrats!

xoxoxo

Lynn

Thanks, Lynn! You seriously have one of the most beautiful sets I've ever seen. The fact that you like my set means a lot!! Couldn't have done any of this without you!

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
I really like this set! That''s lovely; very lovely!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results