shape
carat
color
clarity

Married Ladies, Show Me Your Right Hand Diamond Rings!

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My RHR means more to me than my wedding set. It has no diamonds and has never garnered a compliment, but it was gift from my late mother (still hard to refer to her as "late" even after nearly ten years). She bought it for me when my brother and I took her on a trip to Ireland shortly after she was diagnosed with cancer. It was the trip of her lifetime and all throughout the trip she was trying to find a ring for me, but I couldn't find anything I liked (and honestly, I didn't want her spending the money on me). The day before we returned home, we stopped in a small shop in Shannon and found this one. It was the only one they had and it fit me perfectly (it can't really be re-sized due to the continuous engraving). She insisted on getting it for me. It was on my finger when I held her hand as she took her last breath and I wear it every day. It is also real motivation for me never to gain any weight since it can't be resized LOL

Ring.jpg
Beautiful! Continuous engraving to represent the circle of life. May her memory be eternal.

Last edited:

Mrs_Strizzle

Brilliant_Rock
While it's not the white bling lots here wear on their right hand, here's mine. I know its .5 ct because its stamped on the inside, but no other info. I found it in with my husband's late grandmother's Avon and other costume jewelry. Hubby was his grandparents sole heir. Although his Grandmother had passed 4 years prior to Grandpa and he had allowed Grandma's 17 siblings (yes, you read that right!) go through her jewelry, they left this ring. It is stamped Pt900, but at one time must have been yg plated because most had rubbed off except around the stones 20181108_132802.jpg . I guess they assumed it was junk. I wear it every day, but often stack others on it.

CharlotteYork

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Here are mine:

1. Right Hand: 3.10 ct ACA I SI-1 RB from WF with WF 3 mm platinum band
Left Hand: 3 mm Tiffany & Co. channel set eternity, 1.68 carat WF eternity with 8 point diamonds (platinum), 3 mm Tiffany & Co. channel set half-eternity with sapphires.

IMG_4544.JPG

2. Right Hand: 3.10 ct ACA I SI-1 RB from WF with Tiffany & Co. 3mm channel set eternity
Left Hand: 2.79 ct OEC J VVS-2 in antique platinum setting with sapphires

IMG_4543.JPG
I am considering having the 2.79 OEC turned into a three stone eternity... But I would want to put a stone in my antique setting (it is my original engagement ring) so I can still enjoy it. Thoughts???

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That opal made my jaw drop, WOW!!! Now I want an opal!! It is stunning!

Thanks @CharlotteYork. Opals can be amazing. The colors can be stunning and they can be so full of life. Just have to be careful with them as they are much more fragile than diamonds. But worth the extra care IMO. I wouldn't make an opal an everyday ring though. Opal earrings would be beautiful. Hmmm now I am getting an idea.:cheeky:

Beautiful rings @CharlotteYork.

Q

Queenie60

Here is one of my RHRs. I rarely wear anything but my ER and WB(s) but if I am in the mood this is one of my (diamond) RHRs.

clusterringatbeach.jpg

Sometimes the other (diamond) RHR I will wear is my fat WB. It is from my favorite estate jewelry shop. Took it on my left hand (to more easily get the photo because I am right handed) but I wear it on my right hand.

fatdiamondband.jpg.png

But my favorite RHR is more opal than diamonds though yes it has a diamond halo so I guess I can include it here.8)
Took this photo just 2 days ago of the ring on my left hand for ease of photo taking but again, I wear it on my right hand.

cartieropalinsidelivingroom.jpg.png

ETA: Sorry, I obviously need to work on my reading comprehension as I just realized you wanted photos of both hands...I am not that talented to be able to take a selfie of both hands but wish I was! One day when there is more time I will enlist the help of my dh for your thread...in the meantime I look forward to seeing everyone's beautiful additions.:love:
@missy - your opal ring is one of my all time favorites! I want a black opal so much!

Q

Queenie60

My right hand ring is just a plain tiffany band with rose gold and platinum. I’ve never taken it off since I got it for my birthday last year.
D74B5B98-49C7-45D5-B0A7-4ED53B05B7CB.jpeg ED8D912A-634A-40E3-BF69-D349E7041403.jpeg
It's simply beautiful!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here are mine:

Left Hand: 3 mm Tiffany & Co. channel set eternity, 1.68 carat WF eternity with 8 point diamonds (platinum), 3 mm Tiffany & Co. channel set half-eternity with sapphires.

IMG_4544.JPG

2. Right Hand: 3.10 ct ACA I SI-1 RB from WF with Tiffany & Co. 3mm channel set eternity

IMG_4543.JPG
I am considering having the 2.79 OEC turned into a three stone eternity... But I would want to put a stone in my antique setting (it is my original engagement ring) so I can still enjoy it. Thoughts???

Your top two pictures are my ring goals right here: upgrade my pear cut for something bigger (classic Tiffany?) & wear it alone with my wedding band, then stack up eternity rings on my right hand. I love the proportions of these three bands together.

As for your OEC, I think it’s beautiful. Is that the original setting? Plus it would make quite a sizable three stone & for me, which is completely personal of course, I prefer my wedding set to be the biggest & best of my jewellery. I think the OEC as a RH 3-stone might be overpowering?

CharlotteYork

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Your top two pictures are my ring goals right here: upgrade my pear cut for something bigger (classic Tiffany?) & wear it alone with my wedding band, then stack up eternity rings on my right hand. I love the proportions of these three bands together.

As for your OEC, I think it’s beautiful. Is that the original setting? Plus it would make quite a sizable three stone & for me, which is completely personal of course, I prefer my wedding set to be the biggest & best of my jewellery. I think the OEC as a RH 3-stone might be overpowering?

Thank you, @Alex T ! I do love a classic Tiffany setting, and I love that I can play around with the various bands... Sometimes I wear my ER with both the channel set diamond and sapphire bands, but most of the time I just wear it with just the channel set eternity. I don't wear right hand rings on a daily basis. This is not the original setting for my OEC, but it was restored and customized to fit this stone. I would only wear the three-stone occasionally for nice dinners, events, etc. Here is a picture of one that has a center stone approximately the same size as mine... It definitely is a substantial ring. Hmmm...

three-stone.jpg
three stone right hand.jpg

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@CharlotteYork I love your rings and adore your OEC! I would personally do slightly smaller side stones because I am not sure if large side stone will even be comfortable for you. Also, a large three stone will complete with your solitaire.

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
These are the RH sets I wear most often.
D8BB9E15-250E-4BD0-A264-2A493194D7EC.jpeg

A9C42774-3BD2-440C-B52B-B6162E9F9E04.jpeg

A113FC73-57DB-4E8B-8ED8-A465311F5466.jpeg

B19BB4E0-335E-419B-84D6-1752B206780E.jpeg
The constant is my single-cut WG band then it’s a mix of my mum’s ering, a WG wheat engraved band, YG floral, moissy toi et moi or YG opal..

i love that floral band (shocking!) and everything else in your RH stacks and i love love love that you wear your mom's e-ring as a RHR. :kiss2:

molecule

Brilliant_Rock
I reserve my right hand for yellow gold- as my husband is not a fan. In the next couple years, I'd love to get a preloved Cartier Hindu ring in YG:
Hindu ring.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here are mine:

IMG_4544.JPG

IMG_4543.JPG

Ohhh, I'd keep your OEC in the original setting! Beautiful and it looks fine as a RHR!

CharlotteYork

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Here's one of mine, same as Queenie's but an O VVS AVR: (yikes, too huge!)

IMG_3521(Edited).jpg

Oooooh, my goodness, this is soooooo beautiful!!!! I absolutely adore these low color old cuts! I do love my original setting, but I am just so tired of it. Maybe I should put it away for a while and then see if I love it again in a few months, lol. But another option I am considering is Victor Canera. I'm obsessed with how @twosanguinehearts had her OEC set in this cushion cut halo. https://www.pricescope.com/communit...ingle-cut-multi-row-pave-pic-overload.185195/

And I love your halo RHR! What do you think of this option? Perhaps I can put a round opal in my antique setting, I do want to find a way to continue to enjoy it.

victor-canera-double-pave.jpg
vcpic2.jpg

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
ring8.jpg img_4105.jpg

(click to enlarge)

My wedding finger looks like yours - 3ct ACA + diamond wedding band. I have a couple rings I wear on my right, including a 3-stone set by David Klass and a 1.55tcw eternity band from IDJ. I don't reach for these that often though. For some reason I don't really like the way having rings on my R hand feels. It feels fussy and restrictive for whatever reason, lol. Who knew.
I love your three stone ring..so pretty..

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
My RHR means more to me than my wedding set. It has no diamonds and has never garnered a compliment, but it was gift from my late mother (still hard to refer to her as "late" even after nearly ten years). She bought it for me when my brother and I took her on a trip to Ireland shortly after she was diagnosed with cancer. It was the trip of her lifetime and all throughout the trip she was trying to find a ring for me, but I couldn't find anything I liked (and honestly, I didn't want her spending the money on me). The day before we returned home, we stopped in a small shop in Shannon and found this one. It was the only one they had and it fit me perfectly (it can't really be re-sized due to the continuous engraving). She insisted on getting it for me. It was on my finger when I held her hand as she took her last breath and I wear it every day. It is also real motivation for me never to gain any weight since it can't be resized LOL

Ring.jpg
What a beautiful ring and memories of your mom....

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
I wear Emma a good bit. She is fantastically blingy, but feels right at home on my middle finger (photo on left only because I’m right handed—I wear her on the right).
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/introducing-miss-emma.243396/

5026254E-26B6-41E0-A51F-392F13820E92.jpeg

Caysie just finished this eternity of 30 pointers for me and texted me the photos last night. It will ship Monday so I do not have hand shots yet. It is celebrating both a milestone anniversary and a milestone birthday.

4B497E28-9302-4D86-B576-CE522449967D.jpeg

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wear Emma a good bit. She is fantastically blingy, but feels right at home on my middle finger (photo on left only because I’m right handed—I wear her on the right).
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/introducing-miss-emma.243396/

5026254E-26B6-41E0-A51F-392F13820E92.jpeg

Caysie just finished this eternity of 30 pointers for me and texted me the photos last night. It will ship Monday so I do not have hand shots yet. It is celebrating both a milestone anniversary and a milestone birthday.

4B497E28-9302-4D86-B576-CE522449967D.jpeg
Your grandma’s ring is beautiful and looks lovely on you!
Your eternity band is gorgeous! Did Caysie source the stones for you?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooooh, my goodness, this is soooooo beautiful!!!! I absolutely adore these low color old cuts! I do love my original setting, but I am just so tired of it. Maybe I should put it away for a while and then see if I love it again in a few months, lol. But another option I am considering is Victor Canera. I'm obsessed with how @twosanguinehearts had her OEC set in this cushion cut halo. https://www.pricescope.com/communit...ingle-cut-multi-row-pave-pic-overload.185195/

And I love your halo RHR! What do you think of this option? Perhaps I can put a round opal in my antique setting, I do want to find a way to continue to enjoy it.

victor-canera-double-pave.jpg
vcpic2.jpg

I love Victor's cushion halo rings, but this is one I like even better than the one you posted. It belongs to Bright Ice, and it is called the Lillian halo.

VClillianhalo.brightice.jpeg VClillianhalo.brightice2.jpeg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another:

https://www.victorcanera.com/rings/engagement/split-band-halo-solitaire

I just personally don't love a thick halo with diamonds on the side of the halo. I also like his cathedral shank on this design.

The only thing that occurs to me is that these are very much engagement ring settings and I am not sure I'd choose it for a right hand ring. He has some other more antique style settings that would be good for an OEC RHR, and Caysie van Bebber makes beautiful antique style settings, too.

Last edited:

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
Your grandma’s ring is beautiful and looks lovely on you!
Your eternity band is gorgeous! Did Caysie source the stones for you?

Thank you! My grandmother’s ring is really special.

Yes, Caysie sourced the diamonds for the eternity band. She had them custom cut in Belgium by the supplier she has used for years. I’m so excited to see them!

Diamond_Hawk

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Thank you! My grandmother’s ring is really special.

Yes, Caysie sourced the diamonds for the eternity band. She had them custom cut in Belgium by the supplier she has used for years. I’m so excited to see them!

Tonks - Emma is awesome.... but that Avatar may be the best thing going on PS right now :razz:

CharlotteYork

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Another:

https://www.victorcanera.com/rings/engagement/split-band-halo-solitaire

I just personally don't love a thick halo with diamonds on the side of the halo. I also like his cathedral shank on this design.

The only thing that occurs to me is that these are very much engagement ring settings and I am not sure I'd choose it for a right hand ring. He has some other more antique style settings that would be good for an OEC RHR, and Caysie van Bebber makes beautiful antique style settings, too.

Thank you so much, I love the setting you linked to! Is this the same as the Anne Marie? I had been eyeing that one as well and thinking it was less engagement-like. :)

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, I think it might be an earlier Anne Marie. I agree that the split shank would be good for a right hand ring.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results