shape
carat
color
clarity

Looking for a new purse

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
I''ve pretty much out-grown my purse so the search has started for a replacement. My requirements:

1. Leather
2. High quality - I tend to carry my purses every day for three or four years
3. Large enough to hold my Kindle but not overly big
4. Probably black, understated is best. It has to go with everything I wear (see #2)
5. Not too pricey - I''m not talking LV here, I''d be willing to spend $300-$400 tops. I always like a good deal and don''t mind waiting until I find one.
6. Zip top - I always throw it down and don''t want my stuff to fall out

Right now I have a black leather Coach which is just a bit too small. I love it and I especially love that it still looks brand new. I know nothing about purses or even where to start. Suggestions?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you live near a Century21? They have great deals on leather handbags at fantastic prices. If not you can sometimes get good deals at Smartbargains.com. I was able to get a lovely Cole Haan handbag at half the price there.

Have fun shopping!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another online place to check is ebags.com. If you sign up for their emails you''ll get coupons.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
You KNOW what I am going to suggest!
2.gif

E B

Ideal_Rock
Coach has a handbag called the Kristin Leather Hobo that seems to fit all of your requirements. It's the first bag here, pictured in yellow (each bag has a pop-up window instead of a new page), comes in black, zip top, $298, etc.

kristinhobo.jpg

E B

Ideal_Rock
I just bought a Rebecca Minkoff 'Morning After Mini' (well, it's still pending a price match) and it also fits your requirements, but I'm hesitant to recommend it until I give it a try. It's a bit out of budget, but you can find them on eBay/Bonanzle new with tags for a couple hundred less hundred less than retail every once in a while. It looks just like AmberGretchen's in this thread (scroll down for pics) only black.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Love this one. This one also is pretty. Love the hardware and pleating on this one. Here is a bunch more. Can''t wait to see what you buy!!!

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
Ohhhh EB, I love that Coach Kristin bag! That might work perfectly.

Tacori E-ring, much as I loved that B. Makowsky bag I carried last summer I don''t think it held up well with the use. After just a few months it really showed wear and tear, and since I want something I can carry for a long time I''m not sure I want to go that way this time.

Thanks for the website suggestions, too. I''ll poke around them this evening.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Erica, really? That is sad! My black one is almost a year old and looks as good as I got it. My purple one is 4 months maybe and also looks brand new (except where T spilled milk on it). You can''t go wrong with Coach. Have you gone to the outlet?

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/4/2010 5:10:31 PM
Author: marcyc
Another online place to check is ebags.com. If you sign up for their emails you''ll get coupons.

ebags is a great idea - they often have a big selection and pretty good prices

onvacation

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/4/2010 1:23:32 PM
Author:EricaR
I''ve pretty much out-grown my purse so the search has started for a replacement. My requirements:

1. Leather

2. High quality - I tend to carry my purses every day for three or four years

3. Large enough to hold my Kindle but not overly big

4. Probably black, understated is best. It has to go with everything I wear (see #2)

5. Not too pricey - I''m not talking LV here, I''d be willing to spend $300-$400 tops. I always like a good deal and don''t mind waiting until I find one.

6. Zip top - I always throw it down and don''t want my stuff to fall out

Right now I have a black leather Coach which is just a bit too small. I love it and I especially love that it still looks brand new. I know nothing about purses or even where to start. Suggestions?

You probably ruled out most of what LV makes from your first criteria, hehe. Have you considered Cole Haan? They make really sturdy leather products for very reasonable prices, IMO, and they have some super cute zip satchels on their website right now.

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
I was just extolling the virtues of the Rebecca Minkoff Morning After Clutch (MAC) in october2008bride''s purse thread
1.gif
. I can actually jam a lot of stuff into it, and it''s a classic-looking, cute, versatile little bag. I own a couple Morning After Minis (as EBree mentioned above), and I also love them, but they''re a little big for running errands, shopping, and going out. I use my MACs more. I have a black patent MAC, and it seems to be almost indestructible.

Here are some links to the MAC and MAM on RM''s site so you can see what they look like. As EBree said, better prices can be found elsewhere.

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
I can't stop thinking about the Coach Kristin hobo that E B posted. I saw it in the Coach store and loved it. Anyone know if the outlet stores have it? Wishful thinking on my part, i'm sure!

EricaR, what did you end up getting?

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/13/2010 9:38:01 PM
Author: TanDogMom
I can''t stop thinking about the Coach Kristin hobo that E B posted. I saw it in the Coach store and loved it. Anyone know if the outlet stores have it? Wishful thinking on my part, i''m sure!

TDM, do you live by an outlet? I am not going to our''s anytime soon but I will let you know if I do.

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/14/2010 12:27:18 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
Date: 4/13/2010 9:38:01 PM

Author: TanDogMom

I can''t stop thinking about the Coach Kristin hobo that E B posted. I saw it in the Coach store and loved it. Anyone know if the outlet stores have it? Wishful thinking on my part, i''m sure!

TDM, do you live by an outlet? I am not going to our''s anytime soon but I will let you know if I do.

I don''t live by one. I wish I did! I think the nearest one is maybe an hour away and it''s not somewhere on the way to anywhere. BUT!! In a couple weeks we are going on a road trip that will take us past SEVERAL Coach outlets. It''s a trip I''m not super psyched about to visit DH''s extended family, so I shouldn''t have a problem convincing him that our rest stops should coincide with the Coach outlets!

Q for you Tacori. I know you travel a lot with Tessa. Does it get easier? If so, when? I won''t lie, I really hate travel logistics. Now with a kid it''s 100x more complicated. Just so much stuff to pack and load. I wish I could just instantly BE at our destination like in Harry Potter. (Doesn''t everyone, right?)

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
TDM, did you see my message to you about the coupon?

Does it get easier? Some things do but some things get more difficult. So far the easiest age to travel was the first 6 months. When she would sleep anywhere and everywhere...that was pretty nice. Feeding her was easier. Car rides are more difficult b/c she no longer sleeps in her car seat though I imagine her still being in diapers is EASIER than having to find bathrooms for her at a moments notice. I am guessing traveling with kids will be easier when they are 18 or so.
2.gif

Sorry for the thread jack E!

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
Get out of my thread Tacori!!!
3.gif

I haven''t purchased anything yet!!! It will probably be another month or two since I''m trying to con my husband into buying it for me for my birthday. haha. Hopefully by then I can find a better price on it.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Erica I know you love me! BTW did I mention Banana Republic carries really nice leather purses? My MIL also bought a fossil recently and it is super cute. I think she got this style.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here are better pics of her purse. I really like it. She has the yellow which surprisingly goes with everything.

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
Erica-the morning after is supposed to be amazing!

totally threadjacking:) Tacori-can you fit an 8 1/2 X 11 notebook into your purple Makowsky purse? It''s the Ibiza right? I am thinking about getting one...

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
Last weekend we were running through a mall for a scavenger hunt (long story!) and passed by a Coach store. Not one to miss an opportunity I went in.

The Kristin bag was OK, but I think I had built it up much more in my head than it actually could be. The outside pocket seemed to be mostly useless (maybe I''d throw my phone in there?) because it wasn''t big and it didn''t stretch at all.

The Brooke bag was magical. The leather was so much softer and nicer than I could have imagined, and it was the perfect size and shape.

I just got a nifty little raise at work. If I don''t find one I love at the Coach outlet next weekend then I''ll go pick up the Brooke. Hopefully I can at least find it on sale somewhere for Memorial Day! Doesn''t look like other stores (Macys, Nordies, etc) carry that exact bag so I''m sort of stuck buying it from Coach.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/22/2010 11:24:06 PM
Author: Bella_mezzo
Erica-the morning after is supposed to be amazing!

totally threadjacking:) Tacori-can you fit an 8 1/2 X 11 notebook into your purple Makowsky purse? It''s the Ibiza right? I am thinking about getting one...

SOOO sorry! I just saw this now. I tried and the length (11") fits long ways no problem however about 1" of the 8" side sticks over the zipper. The handles are long so it wouldn''t be a problem but it won''t zip. I get so many compliments on that purse and carry it almost everyday. I love it.

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
:) No worries, I actually forgot I asked:)

thanks!!!

I am still thinking about it.

I the meantime I got another bag that fits a notebook, so maybe I can just convince DH that I need a fun purse
27.gif
and that it won''t matter if I can fit my school stuff in it:)

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Bella, we all need a fun purse! The bag is so roomy I don''t need a diaper bag. I feel like Mary Poppins when I start pulling stuff out of the purse. Haha.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/19/2010 5:07:46 PM
Author: EricaR

The Brooke bag was magical.

You NEED this bag! If you are using the word "magical" it MUST be love
2.gif

price comparison

Rough_Rock
Selecting the best one is good but i wound change my purse because its a luck that money stays in purse and some other wont that''s why
21.gif

oranges

Brilliant_Rock
have you seen the coach julia leather shoulder bag??? it's gorgeous and is definitely in your price range. i've been obsessed with it for months--- but am saving for a jewelry purchase and can't allow myself to get side tracked by a purse ;(

cnspotts

Brilliant_Rock
I have to agree about the Coach Kristin bag, one of my coworkers just got it as a Bday present and I have not been able to get it out of my mind! It's a bag that is just right in everyway, it's the perfect black bag!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results