shape
carat
color
clarity

LOGR rose/white gold double halo with cuprian and other stones

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Just a slight thread-jack;

TL, I''m pretty sure you know this, but it doesen''t hurt to mention that with sphene you have to be aware of the possible imposters - synthetic garnets. Some can have the same high dispersion of a sphene, but lack of birefringence is the most obvious difference.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the cuprian in that setting. The color is just gorgeous and you really don''t notice the inclusion much. It kind of reminds me of marble veining.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/1/2009 7:19:31 AM
Author: ma re
Just a slight thread-jack;

TL, I''m pretty sure you know this, but it doesen''t hurt to mention that with sphene you have to be aware of the possible imposters - synthetic garnets. Some can have the same high dispersion of a sphene, but lack of birefringence is the most obvious difference.
Thanks Ma Rae,
This stone has birefringence, so it''s an obvious sphene to me, but you''re right, you never know!! Thanks for the warning!!!
9.gif

Here''s another pic of the sphene sitting on top of another setting, and you can see the birefringence here.

TLSphenebifringe.JPG

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/30/2009 3:05:13 PM
Author: szh07
Radioactive is right TL!!
36.gif
36.gif

That cuprian is GORGEOUS!
30.gif

*runs away to search for curprians*
Szh07
Thanks!!! I hope you find a cuprian of your dreams!!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/1/2009 9:09:27 AM
Author: Catmom
I like the cuprian in that setting. The color is just gorgeous and you really don''t notice the inclusion much. It kind of reminds me of marble veining.
Catmom,
The brown inclusion isn''t very obvious IRL because the color just shouts at you. I noticed it looks more obvious in photos. Thank you for the kind words.

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
I love the cuprian in this setting, the spinel is gorgeous too-just too small. I love seeing all you color combos :)

Are you going to be starting a thread on your new RG setting with the light purple spinel???

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/1/2009 10:44:16 AM
Author: stepcutnut
I love the cuprian in this setting, the spinel is gorgeous too-just too small. I love seeing all you color combos :)

Are you going to be starting a thread on your new RG setting with the light purple spinel???
Thank you SCN!

I didn't start a new thread on the lilac spinel ring. I suppose I could. I'm also awaiting a legacy LOGR for my other lavender spinel. Maybe I could post both of them in the same thread when that ring project is done.

BTW,
Did you ever set your radioactive lime yellow green diamond!?
3.gif

I went to the jeweler today to have it set, and the benchman won't be in until next Friday!!
7.gif
The saleslady loved the setting though, she said it was beautiful.
9.gif

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/30/2009 9:27:08 AM
Author: tourmaline_lover

Date: 6/30/2009 12:59:40 AM
Author: amethystguy
LOL..yea LD is the cuprian queen..hey that has a nice ring to it
She needs a cuprian sceptor, orb and crown!
31.gif
On my shopping list
9.gif

Any decision yet?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
TL,
You have to start a new thread on each new goody and the setting you plan. I don''t check out the gallery and miss all your new goodies.

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
They''re all AMAZING!!!!!! I love love love love love love love the curprian!!!!!

iota

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I love that cuprian as well. I think the rose gold and white gold sets off the colours in that stone well. I also think the inclusions add to the beauty of the stone and the rose gold enhances that match between the stone and setting. Please set it together... and then post pictures!!!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/2/2009 2:32:22 AM
Author: LovingDiamonds

Date: 6/30/2009 9:27:08 AM

Date: 6/30/2009 12:59:40 AM
Author: amethystguy
LOL..yea LD is the cuprian queen..hey that has a nice ring to it
She needs a cuprian sceptor, orb and crown!
31.gif
On my shopping list
9.gif

Any decision yet?
I wouldn't doubt it with all the gorgeous gems you have.

I love the look!! Too bad they're not paraiba tourmalines in the coronoation portrait though.
8.gif

Elizabeth_coronation_photo_TL.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/2/2009 7:59:14 AM
Author: Chrono
TL,
You have to start a new thread on each new goody and the setting you plan. I don''t check out the gallery and miss all your new goodies.
Yes, but then I feel a bit braggy. I think that''s why I post everything in there. I still love posting pictures, but if I opened a new thread each time, it would probably be obnoxious after a while.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you PrincessPlease and Iota.

I''m planning on getting the gem set some time this week in that setting.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/5/2009 10:00:21 PM

TL,
Yes, but then I feel a bit braggy. I think that''s why I post everything in there. I still love posting pictures, but if I opened a new thread each time, it would probably be obnoxious after a while.
Do I care?
9.gif
11.gif
2.gif

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock

TL,
Very pretty stones and a nice setting, TL. I love seeing the different possibilities for a particular setting.

I vote for your opening up a new thread for each goody. It makes it easier for us to spot new things, and as far as being braggy, well, if we don''t want to look at your threads and pictures, we won''t!
2.gif

So glad you got the new camera. Your pictures are so wonderful now.
36.gif

Looking forward to seeing the finished ring.
1.gif

LamborghiniGirl

Shiny_Rock
Trade
TL, do you have an profile shots of that double halo setting with your stone in it?

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock

TL,

No no no. I don''t think it''s braggy at all! All''s I''ve got are ideas to ask about, nothing for show and tell-so I love seeing all the stuff you guys get!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/6/2009 8:13:42 AM

TL,
Do I care?
9.gif
11.gif
2.gif
LOL!!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/6/2009 11:27:15 AM
Author: Fly Girl
Very pretty stones and a nice setting, TL. I love seeing the different possibilities for a particular setting.

I vote for your opening up a new thread for each goody. It makes it easier for us to spot new things, and as far as being braggy, well, if we don''t want to look at your threads and pictures, we won''t!
2.gif

So glad you got the new camera. Your pictures are so wonderful now.
36.gif

Looking forward to seeing the finished ring.
1.gif
Thanks FlyGirl, I''m looking forward to the finished ring as well, but my jeweler''s benchman isn''t around that much during the summer (poor economy probably). I have to wait probably until next week to get the finished ring. Makes you wish you could set stones yourself.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/6/2009 4:37:43 PM
Author: LamborghiniGirl
TL, do you have an profile shots of that double halo setting with your stone in it?
LG,
It''s really nice, and I like the underneath of it as well. I''ll try to get some pics.

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
Can I just also say I adore your cuprian? The other stones are beautiful too, but that one in particular stands out!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/6/2009 11:32:50 PM
Author: Cind11
Can I just also say I adore your cuprian? The other stones are beautiful too, but that one in particular stands out!
Cind11,
Thank you very much!

LamborghiniGirl

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Date: 7/6/2009 10:14:42 PM

LG,

It's really nice, and I like the underneath of it as well. I'll try to get some pics.

Great, thanks, because I think this is a style that could work for me!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/7/2009 11:58:04 AM

Date: 7/6/2009 10:14:42 PM

LG,

It''s really nice, and I like the underneath of it as well. I''ll try to get some pics.

Great, thanks, because I think this is a style that could work for me!
LGirl,
The stone was set today. As you requsted, here is a side shot of this ring.

TLcuprianovalside.JPG

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
. . . and here is the undergallery.

TLcuprianovalunder.JPG

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Head on, and one picture in the eye candy thread

I'll take some sunshine shots eventually. This stone really glows in the sun, and for some reason I can only get focused shots outdoors.
33.gif

TLcuprianovalface.JPG

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
it''s gorgeous as usual
30.gif
- do you have some perspective shot? btw - how high does the stone sit from the culet to the base of the ring do you guestimate?

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
This ring is a winner!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

More pictures, please!
30.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/17/2009 11:55:13 PM
Author: D&T
it''s gorgeous as usual
30.gif
- do you have some perspective shot? btw - how high does the stone sit from the culet to the base of the ring do you guestimate?
Thank you D&T, you are so kind. The cutlet doesn''t really get inside the gallery at all. It''s not a deep cut stone, more on the shallow side, hence the reason it has a window.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results