shape
carat
color
clarity

LOGR rose/white gold double halo with cuprian and other stones

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
Sorry TL forgot to comment on your killer cup! very good glow....you see that''s what a paraiba or a paraiba-like stone should look like...unlike a certain other stone I had issues with from Nigeria
23.gif
very very nice..are you sure it''s not a piece of plutonium??it glows so much i might have it checked out
9.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/30/2009 12:07:16 AM
Author: amethystguy
Sorry TL forgot to comment on your killer cup! very good glow....you see that's what a paraiba or a paraiba-like stone should look like...unlike a certain other stone I had issues with from Nigeria
23.gif
very very nice..are you sure it's not a piece of plutonium??it glows so much i might have it checked out
9.gif
No problem Amguy. If you hated the cuprian, I wouldn't mind!! I'm all about honesty on the forum. You're too funny!!

I thought that Nigerian stone was very beautiful in it's own right. It had a beautiful open blue/green color to it, and many people would kill to have it. As far as tourmaline goes, that was a knock out. Gene also did a sensational job on the cutting of that stone as well. However, I know you have issues with the terminology of "paraiba," as do I, and that's why I always refer to all my copper bearing blue/green tourmalines as "cuprian." Some people might not think this my stone is very glowy either, in particular those who have seen the gems from the original Brazilian deposit.

PinkTower

Brilliant_Rock
If it will fit, I vote for the Neon! You need to wear it now, for 4th of July personal fireworks. I really like the stone. The inclusions matter not; some inclusions make stones much more interesting. My dealer actually apologized to me a few months back; he knew I had such an affinity for inclusions that he asked me if it was okay that an aqua did not have any! Nature makes every stone unique, and you are fortunate to have found this one.

blinkydoll

Brilliant_Rock
Another Vote here for the neon cup! I love that color
9.gif

It looks great in that setting
2.gif

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
It's got some good glow..if Billy Mays hadn't passed(R.I.P) he would be saying "blue glow" instead of "orange glow". Check out these original mine paraibas yours may be more included but it's not far off from these...
Original mine: Batalha mine

Batalha mine.jpg

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
Mulong mine

mulong mine.jpg

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
Quitos mine

quitos mine.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Blinky and PinkTower!!

Amguy,
It's really difficult to capture the "glow" on camera, and the photographs you posted of that Brazilian material do not do a good job capturing their true neon color. I'm sure they're much more beautiful in person. I think this pretty famous Pala picture does a better job at showing what some very high quality Paraibas look like, although, I'm sure they're a million times nicer in person. I wouldn't dare compare my stone to a Brazilian one, but thanks for the kind words.

Brazilianmineparaibas.jpg

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love love love the Cuprian in the setting but am concerned it''s a little too big. Could just be the angle of the camera however.

You''re so lucky to have got good diamonds in that setting. Do you remember I bought one and didn''t upgrade the diamonds which, when the setting arrived, had little lumps of grey dull coal in it!!!!!

Don''t forget to post photos when set!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/30/2009 12:47:28 AM
Author: LovingDiamonds
Love love love the Cuprian in the setting but am concerned it''s a little too big. Could just be the angle of the camera however.

You''re so lucky to have got good diamonds in that setting. Do you remember I bought one and didn''t upgrade the diamonds which, when the setting arrived, had little lumps of grey dull coal in it!!!!!

Don''t forget to post photos when set!
Thanks LD,
I''m glad you like it as you are the cuprian queen around here!! I love love LOVE your collection of cuprians!! You''ve got to set that huge one as well!

I think it will fit. We will see. I do remember when you got the ugly diamonds!! I was worried as well, but he knows me since I''ve bought so many settings from him. I do think that helps. I just won the Legacy 7x7 from him as well, and I''m not upgrading. I''m using that one for my cushion lavender spinel.

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
LOL..yea LD is the cuprian queen..hey that has a nice ring to it

bling addict

Brilliant_Rock
beautiful! I really love the colour of that cuprian
30.gif
30.gif

Nomsdeplume

Brilliant_Rock
Sooooo pretty
30.gif
30.gif

PinkTower

Brilliant_Rock
AmGuy,
You changed your avatar to compete with this neon stone, didn''t you?
I don''t have my contacts in, and I thought they were neon blue stones!! I got closer to the monitor, and found the stones have legs.

mochi

Ideal_Rock
The cuprian looks beautiful in that setting. The inclusion gives it character..it doesn''t take away from the stone at all.

ma re

Ideal_Rock
That stone is really something, but honestly, I''d prefer a spess in that setting (although the cuprian is nicer when loose). Just my opinion, but you really can''t go wrong whatever you do. Have fun!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/30/2009 12:59:40 AM
LOL..yea LD is the cuprian queen..hey that has a nice ring to it
She needs a cuprian sceptor, orb and crown!
31.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Bling Addict and Kribbie!!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/30/2009 7:42:13 AM
Author: mochi
The cuprian looks beautiful in that setting. The inclusion gives it character..it doesn''t take away from the stone at all.
Thanks Mochi!!

I''m not keen on too many inclusions, and I think they definitely detract from the value of this stone. I keep imagining it super clean, but for what I paid for the stone 3 or 4 years ago, the inclusions kept it super affordable. That''s the one nice thing about inclusions. It still has some sparkle factor to it, it''s not completely opaque with inclusions, but they are there, and something I can deal with since I love the color so much.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/30/2009 8:51:20 AM
Author: ma re
That stone is really something, but honestly, I'd prefer a spess in that setting (although the cuprian is nicer when loose). Just my opinion, but you really can't go wrong whatever you do. Have fun!
Thanks Mr. Ma Rae.

That spess has a humongous window but you can't see it because it's so smudged up with fingerprints in that photo. Another stone from ebay that I got around 6 years ago.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/29/2009 10:13:50 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover

Date: 6/29/2009 10:04:43 PM
Author: sleepyspinel
That blue stone truly GLOWS... I think that that term is bandied around a bit haphazardly but I feel that the color coupled with the inclusions make that stone appear as if its has a battery inside! Since its been been unset longer personally I''d put that one in first. It also gives you more time to think about your new pretty burma spinel! FYI my hot pink burmese has two tiny white (fluffy looking) crystals too :) Maybe they are cousins heheh.
Thanks for the kind words on the cuprian. IMO, it''s a neon stone, but I don''t mind if people beg to differ. In sunlight, it practically looks radioactive. This is my sunlight shot of the stone. Even with the ugly brown inclusion, I just love it.
Holy moly! What a gorgeous stone!

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
You have done pretty well on ebay, TL! Might need to take some lessons from you. I wonder what the next acquisition will be..can''t wait!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
I adore the cuprian in that setting! Gorgeous!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have to disagree .... I think the neon blue of the stone makes the pink pave look dingy. Would strongly consider the pinker stone or holding off for another pinkish or purplish stone for that setting.

I think a cab moonstone could look amazing in there ... or what's that super light pink stone that gets mistaken for pink diamonds? Very inexpensive too ... ack -- the name escapes me.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That sphene looks awesome in it. As for the cuprian, I did not see the setting at all because the colour just catches your eyes and won''t let go. The pink spinel would look great in it too but too bad it''s too small. Is that the orchid spinel?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/30/2009 12:58:55 PM
Author: Chrono
That sphene looks awesome in it. As for the cuprian, I did not see the setting at all because the colour just catches your eyes and won''t let go. The pink spinel would look great in it too but too bad it''s too small. Is that the orchid spinel?
No, that''s a new spinel Chrono. The orchid spinel is in the gallery right now. Thanks for your opinion.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/30/2009 11:48:08 AM
Author: decodelighted
I have to disagree .... I think the neon blue of the stone makes the pink pave look dingy. Would strongly consider the pinker stone or holding off for another pinkish or purplish stone for that setting.

I think a cab moonstone could look amazing in there ... or what's that super light pink stone that gets mistaken for pink diamonds? Very inexpensive too ... ack -- the name escapes me.
Thank you Decodelighted for your honest opinion!!
9.gif

I don't like super light pink gems, so unfortunately that's not an option for me. I would love a Sally lotus ring with a moonstone in it though.
31.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/30/2009 11:39:44 AM
Author: LaurenThePartier
I adore the cuprian in that setting! Gorgeous!
Thanks LTP,
You are always so kind.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/30/2009 10:42:41 AM
You have done pretty well on ebay, TL! Might need to take some lessons from you. I wonder what the next acquisition will be..can''t wait!
Ehh, I''ve also had my share of duds. As the Beatles once said in a song, "with every mistake, we must surely be learning." I had to get a lot of duds before I figured out how they do all the photo tricks, and also the fact that many gems on ebay are synthetic or treated unscrupulously somehow. I figure sphene is pretty safe since it''s untreated and not synthesized. Cuprians are also fracture filled now, and perhaps this one is as well. I have to keep it away from the US cleaner after they set it. I think I''m going to set this one in there though. I love the neon against the pink gold.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Radioactive is right TL!!
36.gif
36.gif

That cuprian is GORGEOUS!
30.gif

*runs away to search for curprians*

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results