shape
carat
color
clarity

LIW updates

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

4ever

Ideal_Rock
How are all the lovley ladies in waiting doing? Any updates? Has he got the ring? How''s the LIWitise? Do you know how long the wait''s going to be? Know how he''s going to ask? Started talking about marrige or looking at rings?

I want to know how everyone''s doing.

Me- I think the proposal has been delayed AGAIN. BF indicated he was planning to pop the question early October on my 21st birthday. I had to point out that this may not be a great idea as it''s right when I''m going to be stressed out and run off my feet with work as it''s my last semester at Uni before I graduate. So It looks like I''m going to be a LIW untill atleast mid November (he''s had the ring since FEBURARY- it''s just never quite been the right time).

At least I have all the lovley ladies here too keep me company
5.gif

So ladies, how bout an update?

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
I think I will get something in the next 2 months.... considering he said to expect something I never leave him alone about in 3 months (he said that a month ago)...

I was in the car with him the other day and when we kiss we go "a kisses for the misses" but I made a booboo face and pointed to my ring finger and said "but I''m not a Mrs." and he said.."not yet".

so I have high hopes.

megumic

Brilliant_Rock
Waaaah! I''m dying over here waiting and waiting and waiting!!! I am CERTAIN he has the ring and has had it for about a month. I was so sure he was going to propose one of the past few weekends, but he hasn''t!
23.gif

So I am impatiently waiting. It''s SO HARD to be patient any longer - isn''t it? I haven''t even bitten my nails once! (It''s very hard work for a nail-biter not to bite when she''s waiting for something...!) And I didn''t even snoop for the ring once! Ahhhhhhhh!

I''m at the point where I have to joke around - He''ll say, "Do you mind emptying the dishwasher?" and I''ll say, "Sure, right after you let me sneak a peek at the ring!" Haha.

And we alllll waaaaaiiiiiitttt...............
14.gif

CurlySue

Brilliant_Rock
Funny. We just had a conversation about this a few nights ago. After a few glasses of wine, I asked him if he had a specific time/date/plan for when he thought we'd be engaged.

I'll be on the list for at least another six months or so. BF told me I can expect it sometime in the next six to eight months. While this doesn't surprise me, because it's the same as what we discussed several months ago, there is a part of me that was hoping he was just trying to throw me off the scent and he'd propose this fall. So it was good for us to talk about it. He actually told me he was happy I asked about and said he thinks about the ring and the proposal a lot and wants to make sure I love and am proud of both.

He also admitted to me that he needs some direction with the ring, even though a few months ago he confidently stated that he wanted to pick it out on his own.
1.gif
So I told him I'd send him some examples of the types of settings and styles that I like. Yesterday, he called me at work and asked, "um, are you going to send me a particular email today?" I had to giggle, because I didn't realize he wanted the information so soon! I was happy to oblige!

So... we are definitely heading in the right direction, but I still have a ways to go.

For the most part, I don't have too many LIW-itis flare ups, but I have also only just started getting comments and questions from friends and family about our pending engagement. I have a feeling if the questions continue, I will get increasingly batty... perhaps I should take up meditation as a proactive measure... hmmm...

NakedFinger

Brilliant_Rock
Ahhh 4ever you are have awesome restraint with him having the ring since Feb and not getting it till Nov! And I thought I was doing good! I would literally be going insane.

I am trying to be good, SO has had the ring since April, so 4 months. Its sitting, in our home, the home we share, and my SO says I walk past it every day. Yeah. great. thanks!!! GRR. Like I've said before, I think he is secretly a sadist and is getting his jollies off on torturing me!
9.gif

But we did run through wedding budget the other day, and he set a date for dinner for our parents to meet each other, so hopefully its coming up pretty soon!

Erinleigh

Shiny_Rock
Hi ladies - major ***DUST*** to all of you!

So I''m trying to wait patiently... but as FF knows, one of my worst qualities is that I''m not very patient about things I want, so it''s been a struggle for me, lol! As far as a time line goes, FF has said that he plans to purchase the ring by the end of this month (we''ve been shopping a few times, and he knows which ring is my dream ring), and has a proposal date picked out. He said he even knows how he''s going to do it and what he''s going to say! But the only thing he''ll tell me is that the day is before December this year... so I know it''s imminent in the next few months!!! So I suppose my LIW-itis has been a little spastic lately...

Thanks for allowing my minor freakout... I''m going to go drool over some SMTR to calm myself, LOL!
9.gif

pluck15

Shiny_Rock
This is an awesome thread...dedicated to letting us vent and go bananas for a few moments! As far as our pending engagement, I''m fairly certain he does not have the ring yet, although I''m hoping he will very soon. But either way, whenever he gets it, I will have no idea...he won''t tell me squat! Our 2 year anniversary is coming up on Aug 30th and I''ve been told to expect to be busy on that Sat/Sun. I''m refraining (barely) from asking questions about the pending trip because I want it to be a total surprise. I have an inkling he will pop the question during this trip...but I''m trying not to get my hopes up. I recently told him that instead of giving me a gift for our anniversary, I would rather him save the money and put it towards the ring fund. The way he reacted gave me hope!! So.........in the mean time I''m trying to keep busy with exercise and what not, but its definitely not working 100%!

Oh....and it does NOT help that I know of 2 friends that got engaged last week. One being my Best friend from highschool..........and she won''t even send me pictures of her ring!!!

winelover23

Ideal_Rock
I honestly have NO clue when my bf will propose! I mean all signs point to an iminent proposal but when is the mystery! I would bet that it will be BEFORE June 2010 (I know, right?) but I hope it''s before the end of this summer. He''s asked my ring size and we have looked at rings on-line together so he knows what I want. This past weekend we totally discussed our wedding plans etc. We also recently decided to combine finances (we live together) and I''m adding him to my car insurance. So litterally we''ve done everything but get married! He definitely knows I''m waiting and I did tell him if he waited too long it just wouldn''t be the same and his response was "everything happens at the right time for the right reasons". Ya whatever the heck that means! I will say I''m pretty much going insane though because I just honestly don''t know what to expect! MEN!

bigdiamondtinygal

Shiny_Rock
We ordered the ring together a few weeks ago and I am still on cloud 9 from that! It is going to take 4-6 weeks to make though
7.gif
I won''t know when it is ready or when he has it because he wants that to be a surprise (which I understand). He has already told his family and he asked my parents'' permission last weekend!! I am hoping that it will happen pretty soon after he picks up the ring but I honestly have no idea what his plan is. The suspense is killing me!!!!!!
36.gif

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
Sadly, I think I''m at the low point of LIWitis
39.gif

I know he doesn''t have the ring, I seriously doubt that he has any actual plans, and at this point, I''m just going to be (happily) surprised if he ever proposes at all. I was feeling really optimistic earlier this year, but now I don''t have that exciting, suspenseful feeling anymore. I''m still going to stick around on the list because I love you ladies, but I have a feeling that I''m going to be on it for a long time.

vetrogrl

Rough_Rock
My bf and I have been looking since Feb. and in May, we finally chose "the ring of my dreams." His company is continuing to grow and expand :) so he said we''ll be engaged in about another month and a half. I can''t stand the anticipation...but I want the proposal to be a surprise so thats all he''ll tell me because he wants me to be surprised too. So im going crazy!! and i cannot think about anything else right now...

4ever

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/5/2009 9:50:35 AM
Author: NakedFinger
Ahhh 4ever you are have awesome restraint with him having the ring since Feb and not getting it till Nov! And I thought I was doing good! I would literally be going insane.

I am trying to be good, SO has had the ring since April, so 4 months. Its sitting, in our home, the home we share, and my SO says I walk past it every day. Yeah. great. thanks!!! GRR. Like I''ve said before, I think he is secretly a sadist and is getting his jollies off on torturing me!
9.gif

But we did run through wedding budget the other day, and he set a date for dinner for our parents to meet each other, so hopefully its coming up pretty soon!
November is really a best case senario....I have mentally prepared myself for him having the ring for a year before I get to wear it, thus avoiding dissapointment. I think I have LIW multiple personality disorder, some days I want him to hurry up and ASK ME so I can have my frikkin RING and finally TELL PEOPLE! Other days I feel too young for all this crazy carry on and feel like we should wait abit longer for just the right time.

Anyway I think you''re much stronger then I am because I DO know where the ring is and when BF is at work I ocasionally take it out to "play"
9.gif
5.gif
MUahahahahaha. I''m BAD!

les12

Shiny_Rock
Well... My boyfriend had the ring shipped and I know it is arriving at his work tomorrow. I think it''s happening this weekend!!!!!! He''s trying to make me think it''s not but I just have this feeling. Hopefully I will be able to share a proposal and a ring with everyone very soon!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
I''m soooo excited!!!!!

mochamamasita

Shiny_Rock
He should propose sometime in the next 7 months. He said that he already knows when he wants to do it. So now I''m just waiting.
1.gif

jjc

Brilliant_Rock
Hello, I often feel like a bit of an intruder 'round these parts, but I'm so excited I wanted to share! After being unable to find a job for quite a bit, my BF is now employed as a brand new lawyer, and the ring buying is actually a reality!! He had some money left to him by his maternal grandfather, with the single stipulation from his mom that he not spend it on any practical necessity, i.e. paying off student loans, but something my BF wanted, that he could always remember his grandfather by. So of course I made my BF check with his mom that she was okay with him using that money for my ring, and she said nothing would make her happier
1.gif
So now, he is saving up the last bit, and then it could be any day!! He gave me a ballpark of 1-18 months, but only so I wouldn't have any idea when it was coming
3.gif

It's weird, maybe because my BF and I were best friends for so long before we became BF/GF, but I'm almost more excited for him that things are now progressing! I think because I saw how anguished he was before, and how sad he was because he wanted to be married "yesterday!!!"
21.gif
It's almost like simultaneously being the GF and the friend of a guy who's so happy, and I always jokingly try to get hints out of him and say "I won't tell her!" hahaha
3.gif

Thanks so much for letting me share ladies, I almost can't say anything IRL because all my friends and family are even more excited than me or the BF, I think - they all have our engagement party all planned out already hehe
5.gif

Congrats and dust to the ladies who know it's coming soon, and also dust for the ladies who anticipate a bit of a wait...hang in there, it'll all happen in good time!
35.gif

NicaK

Rough_Rock
Trade
My BF bought the ring in May and now it''s just collecting dust at his place. He said that he would propose after he finishes his internship(which is done Friday). He said that he has everything planned. So it''s just a waiting game. I''m very impatient so this is killing me! I''ve been really busy at work so I think that helps a little. I know when the day does come all of the waiting will totally be worth it!
36.gif

MermaidKelly

Shiny_Rock
Well...
20.gif
It will prolly be in the next couple years. Our 2 year anniversary is in March so that would be GREAT!!---but is prolly unrealistic. Congrats to those who at least know their guy HAS a ring (the lucky ones!)
21.gif
Oh and MissKitty, I feel for you.
17.gif
I am pretty sure I am going to be on the list for a long time too.
8.gif

Rock_of_Love

Brilliant_Rock
Hmmm...updates...I got an email from Jonathan at GOG saying he''s getting new cushions in with the specs we (*I*) want in about two weeks!!! Gosh, does two weeks seem like an eternity?? I guess not when we''ve been waiting since Jan!

So, I guess if *the one* cushion comes in...we will make the purchase and the ring will be following sometime, shortly after! I hope!! Then the "official" proposal!!

If I do the math it could be as soon as October?? We met in October, so that would be GREAT!!!!

MrsHToBe

Shiny_Rock
My LIW-itis has been crazy-out-of-control lately. With our ''timeline'' being 8-months past, of course it''s going to gnaw at me, no-matter-what, y''know? To make matters worse, FF is still in the "I-don''t-have-the-money-right-now" mode, and keeps telling me "It''s just not our time, right now." UGHHH!
That being said, however, he seems to have something brewing for his visit, on Monday. I wrote about it here, if you''re interested..

I don''t know if he''s been trying to throw me off the scent, but as I said in my other post, I''m (cautiously) suspicious!

CheshireSmile

Shiny_Rock
Things going pretty ok here. I have a feeling it will be this month! So I''m especially antsy, but keeping my mouth shut!

shertz1981

Shiny_Rock
I went, solo, to Tiffany last night because I promised myself that the first time I tried on rings, I''d do it alone. Just a special little girly thing for me :)

I had a great time!!

We''re going to try stuff on this Saturday -- I can''t wait!! A local jeweler (Charleston Alexander) has Vatche settings -- I hope they have the Princess Grace!

Still_Waiting

Brilliant_Rock
Well, I''ve gotten him into a couple of jewelry stores...that''s definite progress! I''ve been showing him diamond searches on PS...HUGE progress! And I''m trying to convince him to get a $300 temporary gemstone ring (his first response was, "well, that''s lame!"). Although he asked me last night if I''d found any other gemstone engagement rings to show him.
3.gif
We just don''t have the money right now, but he''s definitely been reading up and looking around. His mom suggested CZ, but, honestly, I''d rather have a plain band over CZ.

I''m just happy that it''s not such a touchy subject anymore. It used to be any time we talked about it, he''d get all upset and say that he didn''t have the money right now. Just in the past couple of weeks we''ve been able to talk much more openly about it-which is such a relief! He has it in his head that I only deserve the best (how sweet!), but I''m afraid we''ll never get married if we wait to be able to afford that!
20.gif

We have a new plan...a method for us to save probably $500-600 a month. SO, I''m holding my breath for a Christmas engagement!...while also holding my breath that we don''t end up having any emergency house or car catastrophies!!! Here''s hopin''...
2.gif

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
no ring yet; but as soon as BF gets a job (just completed Masters) i''d suspect a 6 month wait! hopefully that will be sooner than later! we discussed budget, style, i''ve attempted to educate him on diamonds (still a little nervous there), and we''ve gone to b&m to try on rings. so, it''s going to happen...but when? it''s enough to send a girl to the loony bin!

***DUST*** to all who know the ring is in the building & are just waiting for proposal (how unbearable! lol.)

bobbin

Shiny_Rock
I decided to resurrect this thread so we can all check in again, but also because after 18 months I finally have an update worth posting about!!!

Today we were having lunch together when SO says that he has the date picked out that he wants to propose, but doesn''t think that he can wait that long! He said he didn''t think it should be before October, because I have a fairly intensive course on until then and I don''t want to be stressed right around the time he proposes.

Now before today I knew he had a date picked out that had some significance to him. I thought that it was either our anniversary - December 17th, or January 2nd, because something happened that day in the first year that we were together that made him realise how special I was and that he was falling in love with me.

He asked me today if it mattered when he proposed - as in did I expect him to do it on a day that already had special significance. I said that it didn''t matter. A little voice inside of me was screaming "Of course it doesn''t matter! Do it NOW! Like right now!"

For the rest of the day I have been on a high and every now and then will stop and have a big goofy smile across my face. I seriously cannot believe I am this close after all that we have been through.
36.gif

Lozza

Shiny_Rock
Boy has been more open to talking to me about rings recently, which is a massive improvement on where we were. However, I kinda thought he might have it by now but I''ve realised he doesn''t. Given that he takes forever to make decisions, I think I''ll be waiting a while.

I''m going a bit crazy with LIW-itis at the moment. We bought an apartment in February, so for the year or so up til then I was very focused on that, and I kinda knew we wouldn''t get engaged before then (even though I hoped!). So now we have the place, I''m just waiting waiting waiting...

Snicklefritz

Brilliant_Rock
We purchased the diamond (CL 2.70 K) 1.5 months ago. The setting with custom j color sidestones was ordered 3 weeks ago and should be in THIS WEEK! The diamond is in the safe at the jewelers waiting to be set - sucks not to be able to have a peek at it from time to time. SO has promised that he will not wait long to propose when he has the ring in hand! I''m thinking it''s going to happen in the next two weeks, if not this weekend, for sure!
I''m starting to get that it may actually be happening feeling. I''m having better paint my nails, pick out a few outfits, and get my hair done sensations. Eep!

pluck15

Shiny_Rock
SO and I are taking a mini vacation next weekend (last weekend of Aug) for our anniversary. I do not know the details of the trip, just the days and times we will be gone. He said he would tell me what kind of weather to pack for as it got closer. So I''m thinking (or at least I was thinking) that this would be the perfect opportunity for him to pop the question. I have no idea if he already has the ring, is getting the ring...or what the deal is with that, there is no way he''d tell me any details in that dept.

However, his family is dealing with the very recent loss of a very very close family friend. The funeral is this weekend and so (definitely understandably so) that may push back his plans if it was supposed to be next weekend. But that is ok with me, I completely understand.

chiapet

Brilliant_Rock
I''m so happy for all those who''s BF had already bought the ring or have given a time
36.gif
As for the rest of us, hang in there!!!

Erinleigh

Shiny_Rock
Haha, I just happened upon this thread again and found something funny... I posted my impatient comment on August 5th, and just recently found out FF went out and ordered my ring on August 6th, lol! It''s from Tacori so will take between 4-6 weeks to arrive, but we''re already 2 weeks down
9.gif
. Unfortunately he still wont let me in on any of the proposal details... but I''m hoping before (Canadian) Thanksgiving in October!

Lofi

Shiny_Rock
I know my BF has purchased the setting... and is talking to several vendors about a diamond... I keep sending him information from PS! :)

He did say the other day that he appreciated the info but it was not necessary anymore, but he could have been just trying to confuse me.

Who. Knows.

33.gif

I do know that he is a saint for putting up with me sometimes. Lol.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results