shape
carat
color
clarity

LIW updates

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

nkarma

Brilliant_Rock
He has hinted at a weekend away and wanted to see my schedule but I have a major test Oct 23rd, so maybe a great time is to weekend way in Napa right after I am done. I have done the going on a trip, maybe he will propose lots of times...including 3 weeks in Europe and then a week in the caribbean last month, so I don''t want to get my hopes up again. I do know he is definitely planning on it before the end of the year though. Also, our anniversary is in October.

jaylex

Brilliant_Rock
He has the ring (since JUNE! lol)

And he told my best friend when he is poping the question! That is a VERY good sign! I think that he is planning on proposing next month!!

I really hope so cuz I am getting SO restless.. You may have seen my post
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/bad-email-ladies.122891/
if you didn't, he (may have) had a monkey wrench in his proposal plans, but something tells me he's still planning for next month! Yipee!!

Good thread btw!

Dust to all of us!!

crossmyfingers

Shiny_Rock
Where to start?

I know he either wants to get married spring 2010 or fall 2011. He says he isn''t sure if he wants to this spring, and if he doesn''t yet, he will sign another lease to keep living where he is now. He doesn''t want to be engaged for more than a few months (seems like he means around 2-3 months), so either he is saying that now to throw me off or I won''t have a proposal for six more months at best. And then to make it even more complicated, he said he doesn''t want his lease to be the deciding factor on when we get married. Doesn''t that just negate what he said about signing another lease? Confusing.

I keep feeling like he might propose any day, even though he says he won''t until we are about to get married. I wish he just would. I don''t know if he''s waiting till he feels ready, or till this lease is up in the spring, or till he has a certain amount of money saved, or till we''ve been dating a certain length of time. When I try to ask him, he just says something along the lines of ''soon but not yet.''

I''ve set a date in my head. I won''t give him an ultimatum, but if he doesn''t propose by then or at least give me a good idea of the plan, I am going to tell him he needs to figure out when he wants to get married and let me know. It''s not fair for him to tell me he is serious and wants to get married "at the latest, two years from now" (that was a few months ago) and then not ever actually explain to me what he is waiting on or when makes sense to him. I just hope he does it before that date rolls around, so I don''t have to have that talk.

...Apparently I needed to vent tonight.
38.gif
So glad I found PS when I did!
35.gif

southhorizon

Rough_Rock

Since I left it up to SO to choose the ring, I''m still not sure where he is at in the process and he is enjoying teasing me. He keeps trying to hint that he hasn''t deciced on the ring (every time we pass a jewellery store he stops and looks at settings and then points out the ugly ones to me and asks me what I think. Well, at least I hope he also thinks they are ugly or I might be in trouble

6.gif
).

But there was a suspicious phone call when we were having coffee before work about two weeks ago which he tried to shut down immediately and ended with "I''ll pop in and see you". He then tried to claim it was a call from an overseas client - huh, if they are overseas how are you going to pop in and see them?! Bad liar!

That weekend he wanted to have coffee in a suburb we don''t normally go to where there are a lot of jewellers (including a well regarded diamond appraiser

36.gif
whose first name is the same as the name of the suspicious caller) and said he had an errand to run but couldn''t tell me what - I had to sit and wait in the coffee shop while he did it
5.gif

We are going away this weekend and a little part of me hopes he will do it then but realistically I think it will be sometime after our anniversary in about two weeks time because he seems to want to wait till we have been together a particular amount of time before he proposes. I am hoping it will be within the next 2 months. He has talked about a honeymoon in early spring 2010 so he''d better get a move on!

Anywho, sorry for the long post. No one else knows anything about this and I need to get it out of my system.

FroggyMont

Shiny_Rock
We talked about rings again a couple weeks ago. We had decided on a pave setting, but now a couple friends have lost diamonds in their pave settings. I don''t want to worry about it, I can be rough on jewelry. So I am going with what I always envisioned on my hand growing up, round solitaire in a Tiffany setting.

I know that he doesn''t have it yet
7.gif
We have been so busy this summer and now he is studying to take the GMAT to go back and get his masters. But I am pretty sure that it will happen sometime this fall. We both want a May wedding and not a long engagement!

I don''t know how much longer I can wait. It is killing me!

HappyCat

Rough_Rock
FF recently said some very special words...not quite "will you marry me," but maybe the next best thing. "We''ll be married within a year."
1.gif
He was quite clear that he wouldn''t propose until after his brother''s wedding (which is coming up in less than 3 weeks), and we are going on vacation 2 days after the wedding. So of course my mind is conjuring up images of a vacation proposal. Even if it doesn''t happen then, I know it''s coming soon!!! I''ll be asking for *dust* very soon ladies!!

~HappyCat

absolut_blonde

Brilliant_Rock
Hmm, not sure. We have been very busy and stressed out lately, so not much romance happening... makes it hard to get a feel for where he is at. I don''t know if he has the ring yet, even. Hopefully soon-ish though. We have a trip to Cuba booked for November and I really hope it happens before then.

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/20/2009 9:34:52 AM
Author: HappyCat
FF recently said some very special words...not quite ''will you marry me,'' but maybe the next best thing. ''We''ll be married within a year.''
1.gif
He was quite clear that he wouldn''t propose until after his brother''s wedding (which is coming up in less than 3 weeks), and we are going on vacation 2 days after the wedding. So of course my mind is conjuring up images of a vacation proposal. Even if it doesn''t happen then, I know it''s coming soon!!! I''ll be asking for *dust* very soon ladies!!

~HappyCat
Men are so interesting! When FI''s brother got engaged (in January 2008), FI proclaimed ''well, no more engagements this year!"
33.gif
And he was quite serious, how odd. And his brother got married in July ''08
20.gif
Anyway, ironically enough, we got engaged the day before his brother''s 1st wedding anni.
1.gif

Lozza

Shiny_Rock
Date: 8/20/2009 1:15:18 PM
Author: trillionaire
Date: 8/20/2009 9:34:52 AM

Author: HappyCat

FF recently said some very special words...not quite ''will you marry me,'' but maybe the next best thing. ''We''ll be married within a year.''
1.gif

~HappyCat

Men are so interesting! When FI''s brother got engaged (in January 2008), FI proclaimed ''well, no more engagements this year!''
33.gif
And he was quite serious, how odd. And his brother got married in July ''08
20.gif
Anyway, ironically enough, we got engaged the day before his brother''s 1st wedding anni.
1.gif

I can understand this - I wouldn''t get engaged while one of my siblings was. I feel like it''s raining on their parade a bit.

Bdiddy26

Rough_Rock

Well my bf has had the diamond for over a year now. I''m not sure about a setting or anything but he did let it slip a few weeks ago that he has one picked out and a specific lady that is helping him with it and it''s just a matter of paying for it.

31.gif

I''m really hoping that he asks before I go see my friend that lives out of town but that is in less then a month and I highly doubt that''s going to happen. Our 5 year anniversary is October 1st so maybe he will do it then. Once again I doubt that b/c he wants it to be a surprise and he knows I would expect it on a day like that. He says I’m way too hard to surprise (he threw me a surprise bday party a few years back and I totally knew everything) I just think that he’s a very bad secret keeper as are all of my friends! All of his friends have been telling me that it is going to happen sooner than I think though!

As for LIWitise I’ve gotten a lot better lately but I do go between freaking out and not caring (that much

2.gif
). I have been really good about not letting bf see me freak out, if I do feel the need to freak I do it with my friend, but that sucks b/c he’s moving out of town Monday so no more crying on his shoulder
39.gif

Thanks for listening ladies, this site has really helped me to realize my man is not the only Cruel cruel man out there by making me wait
11.gif

Squirrly

Brilliant_Rock
lol i could di-up my thread but i am feeling rather lazy so this''ll do
5.gif

i went to TX on july 29th and stayed through aug 2nd. i found out late on the 28th while i was packing that my ring hadn''t made it to TX yet because M had recently moved there from NC and the addy didn''t match the one on his credit card so he had issues getting it shipped to him.

i got picked up on his lunch break, and then that evening we spent moving him into his new room and he went to study for a test he had the next morning. firday started off with him going to pt then school, saw him for lunch, then after school we made a walmart run, unpacked more of his room, then got dressed up and went out to a nice steak and seafood restuarant
18.gif
had a lovely dinner then sweetheart that he is, he put on some music and we danced when we got back to his room, and then we watched amelie.
sat. we drove to fredricks burgh, hit up some wineries, got some wine, went to a german restuarant and crashed. (at this point i had dressed up twice for dinner, sundress once and black dress another, and worn a dress for a whole dar, so i had given up on anything, diguring the ring definitely hadn''t come and he was holding out hopes for monday)
sunday we walked around fredricksburgh, went to the admiral nimitz museum, and three more wineries, then drove back to san angelo (en route i got a text from a friend letting me know a mutual friend had gotten engaged) and then went tothe riverwalk. i was a real peach at that point
20.gif
and eventually told him what was wrong and he told me he didn''t want to ask without it, and we discussed our options since we didn''t know when we''d see each other again until december, at which point we might have to elope if he''s going to deploy. later that night i gave him his ring and got him to blush
9.gif

monday he went to school and i packed, he made at least one trip to the post office, but no dice, so nothing ended up happening and i had to go home.

we ended up having a heart to heart a couple days later and he apparently though engagement then wedding in rather quick succession and i pointed out the possible elopement in dec and that since we''re shooting for memorial day, i''d like a little more time to get things reserved, which he hadn''t thought about too much. i''m going back to see him in two weeks for labor day weekend, but i don''t know if he will or not, but at least now we''re on the same page and thankfully the boy loves me enough not to be bothered by my liw panic attacks
9.gif

ah well, back to life

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results