shape
carat
color
clarity

Leon crafting a masterpiece-difficulty choosing side stones

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
BB,
You lucky girl you!!! I too like widget''s version.
30.gif

researcher

Ideal_Rock
Oh! I can''t believe how much better those bullets look when they''re more proportionate! I like the r221-10
36.gif

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
Ooh, yes, I love the ones mrssalvo posted, especially the R221-10W. The short, fat bullets look much more in proportion. Wow, I can't wait to see this ring. So jealous that you're getting a Leon creation but very happy that you are sharing the whole process with us!!
36.gif

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
With traps or short bullets like the second ring Mrssalvo posted....me like both!!!!!!!!

You are so lucky -- that is going to be a stunner of a ring!

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Definitely the smaller ones and ditto to even smaller. I love the setting you posted decod!

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
ARGH. Right to the heart. Those step cut traps you posted Mrs. Salvo are ... are....I can''t speak. Too beautiful. Love the avatar btw LOL

BeaudryBabe

Shiny_Rock
Actually, this ring will be a replacement for a designer piece I ordered at the beginning of July, it arrived all wrong, a huge disappointment.

So, this has been a four month odyessey to date and I imagine that "The Leon" will be between Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Thanks for all of the assistance and kind words, I will post photos of the new and improved bullets when they arrive.

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~BB, your ring is going to be beautiful!!! I like the design with the smaller, shorter bullets, and pave''...YUM!!!
30.gif
30.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
BB,
I can''t wait to see your ring. It will be fabulous. Hey my asscher was a project from you know what so I can relate. Leon does the most incredible work, I''m sooo jealous!!!
27.gif
3.gif

BeaudryBabe

Shiny_Rock
Kaleigh,

No reason to be jealous, your ring is smashing! I followed the progress and wow, what a beautiful result!

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
YUMYUMYUMYUMYUMYUMYUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Agree w/ the consensus about the shorter bullets (as in your Leon inspiration ring.) LOVELY!!! Also adore the one w/ the traps that Decodelighted posted....but I pretty much like everything she likes!!

Ooh, I can''t WAIT to see your ring--and that stone sounds absolutely TO DIE FOR!!
9.gif

BeaudryBabe

Shiny_Rock
Well gang, things are moving slooooow on the Leon project. I wonder if he has lost interest since I asked to see more options for the side stones.

Asked for shorter, chunkier bullets and no photos since.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s a shame. Did he give you any idea how long it will be before he gets the shorter one''s in??

BeaudryBabe

Shiny_Rock
Hi Lisa,

Well, he was supposed to email photos middle of last week, than I received an email saying Friday, maybe Monday (today)...so far, nothing.

I don''t want to make him nuts, but I will most surely explode if I have to wait much longer. I am frustrated and contemplating having my asscher returned.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Geez, what''s up with him lately. Maybe give him a call tomorrow??

BeaudryBabe

Shiny_Rock
Don''t get me wrong, he has been wonderful to talk to, responsive (until the request for more options) and very, very accessible.

I knew I would have to wait through the Jewish Holiday for his diamond vendor to return, but he just doesn''t seem as motivated since I didn''t choose any of the initial options that I was given.

Would you have the stone returned or pester the living daylights out of him?
31.gif

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Would you consider using trapezoids for your side stones? They look better with Asschers than any other type of side stone I've seen. Maybe you'll get faster service from Leon Mege if you tell him exactly what you want. (From what I've read here, I get the impression that he loses interest when a customer is still in the "picking and choosing" stage of a design--he only wants to execute a final decision. Maybe I'm wrong about that?)

BeaudryBabe

Shiny_Rock
I love trapezoids with asschers, but that''s just not what I am after with this ring. He has two designs on his website that couple bullets with an asscher and thats what I want.

We have not been going back and forth trying to decide what I want. We spoke very specifically about shorter, chunkier bullets.

Hope this starts moving. He has had my stone for 3 weeks and we still haven''t selected sidestones.

How do you think asking him to return my asscher will go? My guess is not real well.

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/24/2005 2:49:49 PM
Author: BeaudryBabe
I love trapezoids with asschers, but that's just not what I am after with this ring. He has two designs on his website that couple bullets with an asscher and thats what I want.

We have not been going back and forth trying to decide what I want. We spoke very specifically about shorter, chunkier bullets.

Hope this starts moving. He has had my stone for 3 weeks and we still haven't selected sidestones.

How do you think asking him to return my asscher will go? My guess is not real well.

Well, have you decided you don't want him to make your ring? If so, it shouldn't really matter how he takes you asking for your stone back. Did you give him any kind of deposit?

I know all too well how difficult it is to wait. I'm waiting for my ring to be made and I don't have any indication from the vendor when it will be done. It sucks, but maybe you can let him know that you're really eager to get going on it. How long did he say it would take once the stones were picked?

widget

Ideal_Rock
Author: BeaudryBabe
Would you have the stone returned or pester the living daylights out of him?
31.gif
Hi BB...I''d probably give him more time...but that''s just me. I do feel for you though! I''m in "waiting mode" for my project too, and it is difficult. I go to my mailbox a zillion times a day hoping for some word from the jeweler..

My thinking is that since this project is not for an ering, and there is no absolute deadline involved, that I don''t have the right to "pester him to death". Maybe I''m wrong...

Curious...was the first project that didn''t work out with Leon?

widget

BeaudryBabe

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the support Demezla and Widget...No, I haven''t decided that I don''t want him to make the ring, I still really want a "LEON". Just thought by now, we would be moving.

The first project was NOT with Leon, it was with Beaudry. Beaudry actually made a ring for me and after waiting 6 weeks, the ring arrived completely contrary to how it was ordered. While I love Beaudry pieces, I will never attempt a custom project with them again. Either I see and purchase a piece that is available, that I love or I don''t buy Beaudry.

After that mess, I got my stone back and shipped it to Leon. As I said a few posts ago, to date, he has been absolutely wonderful. Always available when I call or email and really, really patient.

Maybe your right Widget, I should give it more time. UGH!
33.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
BB,
I would give him more time. It sounds as though you really want a Leon and giving him a little more time will be worth the wait I''m sure. You know all the headaches I had doing my asscher so I know how you feel. Let us know what he says. Hopefully the ball will get rolling soon!!!
1.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree to give him more time. gosh, i know it''s hard though. I would call him first thing in the morning for and update..

elepri

Brilliant_Rock
Another vote for smaller, shorter bullets. BTW, with all the Jewish holidays, i''d give Leon a bit more time too. I hope it works out with him, it''s going to be one gorgeious ring.

cutey TT

Shiny_Rock
BB.

Hi, I''m relatively new to PS...but I wanted to add my .02. Anyway, I think that you should definitely give Leon a little more time... As you already know, he does wonderful work and in the end, it will be worth the wait. I know I''d rather give up a few weeks at the beginning to get a beautiful end-product. So, try to be as patient as possible...you definitely don''t want to settle on sidestones that aren''t just *perfect* right?

I found PS because I am trying to get ideas for my upgrade e-ring. I have fallen in love with the Harry Winston oval + 2 half moon 3-stone ring. After reading tons of posts on this site, I have narrowed it down to 2 options: (1) see how much HW is willing to negotiate on a ring that I like, or (2) have Leon create a similar ring for me. Unfortunately, I live in Houston...so making it out to NY is not going to be easy, and thus, working with Leon will have to be done remotely.

I actually spoke with Leon briefly to get an idea of how he works with remote customers. I asked him if he could source the center stone or if I would have to do that on my own...he was open to either. Since Whiteflash is here in town, I''ve decided that I could always purchase my center stone and then have it sent over to Leon for setting. I will likely do what you''re doing, which is have him source and match the sidestones. I figure, he has a good eye and has created this type of ring in the past, so I should be able to default to his professional opinion. :)

Anyway, I''m also anxious for Leon to send you more pictures of side stones (shorter / chunkier). I can''t wait to see how your ring turns out. I am by nature an extremely impatient person, so I can only imagine what it must be like to have sent your stone to Leon 3 weeks ago, and know that once you find the perfect side stones, you''re still looking at another 4-6 weeks. Ugh~!

Sorry for the long post. I''m excited for you. - Irene

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I think that the shorter ones would look better, but I am not sure that more "chunky" ones would. I think some of the elegence is lost with too much bulk. JMO

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/19/2005 11:50:16 AM
Author: widget

I think both sizes look better shorter. What do you think?
True enough
2.gif

As much as I can imagine, the center stone will sit higher and a bit over the edge of the sides and the bullets tapper, so all in all they will look ''shorter'' on the finger.

If the three diamonds span the width of the finger all for the better. I would expect that.

Both are nice... I like larger sides (more ''three-stone'' look than ''solitaire with a twist''), but it seems that I am the exception to the rule with this. Actually, both combinations are very nice.

In the pictures, the larger sides look brighter - so this may have helped choosing them too.

Just a thought...

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hm... the small ones look nice, but the others brighter. And isn''t it that the larger ones are step cut and not the small ones? Anyway, this may be due to the way pictures were taken rather than the looks of the stones.

If anything else, I''d probably ask for trap sides - but not small ones, perhaps comparable with the sides of the center stone as the asscher cut sides in the ref. ring.

Just a random thought, really. Thin baguettes or other small sides look great with asschers too, of course.
1.gif

sidesxyz.JPG

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/24/2005 8:12:52 PM
Author: cutey TT

Since Whiteflash is here in town, I''ve decided that I could always purchase my center stone and then have it sent over to Leon for setting. I will likely do what you''re doing, which is have him source and match the sidestones.

Oval with half moons sounds exciting!
2.gif

Any chance WF could also find the sidestones so you get a chance to see how they fit in person before having the ring done?

Judging from this thread''s discussion, it may help.

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Hey BB,

Well since I just finished (I hope) my ring with Leon, I can tell you it took 11 weeks. You can call him, but as was our case, he gave us dates, but they were never correct, it actually made me more impatient. And then one day, my boyfriend just got an email out of the blue saying it was done.

I also vote for the smaller side diamonds by the way.

Can''t wait to see the pics,

Ally

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results