shape
carat
color
clarity

Last 12 month jewelry purchases?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi all,

Out of curiosity, what jewelry pieces have you purchased within the last 12 months? When reading PS, perspective is easily lost and it seems everyone is buying left and right, but in reality, I''m thinking most of us just get a few substantial items a year. Possibly I''m wrong.

So, what have you purchased?

Sparkster

Brilliant_Rock
If you count watches as jewellery, then I bought a Cartier Stainless Steel Tank Francais watch in August this year while holidaying in Hong Kong. I love the watch but you know what I love more?....the big red box it came in and the little pillow inside it!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just my rolling ring (one band has scattered diamonds, I think .20 tcw), a pair of WG 2.5 inch diameter hoops, pearl studs, and WG studs. Total is under $700, which makes the hubby very happy, lol! Oh, and I got myself a Tiffany sterling heart tag/toggle bracelet, forgot about that, but total still under $1k for the year.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I plead the 5th!!!
31.gif
But let's just say I had a 20th wedding anniversary and a 45th birthday.
5.gif
Yeah I was bad!!!
9.gif
36.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nada. Zip.
39.gif
Do $20 piercing studs count? Well ... I did do a $200ish repolish/refresh of my Tiffany watch & added an inch to an old chain ... but that's it ... so far
31.gif
. Few months left
11.gif

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/7/2007 1:04:16 AM
Author: Kaleigh

I plead the 5th!!!
31.gif
But let''s just say I had a 20th wedding anniversary and a 45th birthday.
5.gif
Yeah I was bad!!!
9.gif
36.gif
Kaleigh, you''ve been holding out on us!? I don''t recall seeing any pictures of your new jewelry! Don''t you know it''s against the law to plead the 5th on PS!? Must tell us details! Spill it!
9.gif
2.gif
3.gif

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
If we're not counting "accessory" jewelry, only 4 items, and only two of which I paid for myself. My parents bought me a antique-style WG sapphire/diamond eternity band as a belated graduation gift, my FI bought me my e-ring, and I bought myself tiny diamond huggie hoops and a 16" rose gold box chain.

Total for what I spent on myself is under $300.

I also got myself what I thought would be my wedding band, but I'm not counting that as it was a failed attempt and will eventually be sold
9.gif

snlee

Ideal_Rock
I was good and didn''t make any jewelry purchases or upgrades for over a year! Then I caved and bought a WF comfort-fit scattered diamond band. Hubby is still happy so I guess I''m good!
9.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/7/2007 1:22:25 AM
Author: snlee

I plead the 5th!!!
31.gif
But let's just say I had a 20th wedding anniversary and a 45th birthday.
5.gif
Yeah I was bad!!!
9.gif
36.gif
Kaleigh, you've been holding out on us!? I don't recall seeing any pictures of your new jewelry! Don't you know it's against the law to plead the 5th on PS!? Must tell us details! Spill it!
9.gif
2.gif
3.gif
snlee, you didn't see my oval with half moons by Leon?? That was my 20th anniversary pressie.
My Rolex watch was my 45th birthday gift. It's in a thread started by DF, pull up a seat the show is starting. You can see the rest of what I got this year there....
3.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kaleigh and I have been bad!

But it is so good!
2.gif

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/7/2007 1:31:41 AM
Date: 9/7/2007 1:22:25 AM

Author: snlee

I plead the 5th!!!
31.gif
But let''s just say I had a 20th wedding anniversary and a 45th birthday.
5.gif
Yeah I was bad!!!
9.gif
36.gif

Kaleigh, you''ve been holding out on us!? I don''t recall seeing any pictures of your new jewelry! Don''t you know it''s against the law to plead the 5th on PS!? Must tell us details! Spill it!
9.gif
2.gif
3.gif
snlee, you didn''t see my oval with half moons by Leon?? That was my 20th anniversary pressie.

My Rolex watch was my 45th birthday gift. It''s in a thread started by DF, pull up a seat the show is starting. You can see the rest of what I got this year there....
3.gif
Duh, I did see your gorgeous oval ring and watch! And how could I forget all of your other lovely pieces!? Sorry, my memory failed me! It''s late and almost time to sleep.
5.gif

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/7/2007 1:23:28 AM
Author: musey
If we''re not counting ''accessory'' jewelry, only 4 items, and only two of which I paid for myself. My parents bought me a antique-style WG sapphire/diamond eternity band as a belated graduation gift, my FI bought me my e-ring, and I bought myself tiny diamond huggie hoops and a 16'' rose gold box chain.

Total for what I spent on myself is under $300.

I also got myself what I thought would be my wedding band, but I''m not counting that as it was a failed attempt and will eventually be sold
9.gif

Musey, can I ask where you found your rose gold chain? I''ve been wanting more rose gold jewelry and it''s so hard to find online!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Now, for my jewelry purchases...

1. My e-ring! I didn''t pay for it, but I guess it counts.
9.gif

2. Cartier tri gold rolling ring
3. Cartier tri gold thin braided ring
4. My new bezel set WF studs!

I''ve also bought a few fun necklaces. Necklaces are my weakness. I''ll have to post pics sometime of all the fun ones I have! Aside from my e-ring, that''s not so much, right? Um...okay, I guess it kind of is, but hey-you only live once!

tanuki

Shiny_Rock
This has been a banner year for me - the motivation was getting back together with someone I was in love with years ago after 20 years of being apart but still in love with each other. (Yes, it''s like a movie - we loved each other in college - the relationship fell apart due to stupidity and we never forgot each other despite trying to make relationships with other people work out. Then we got back together this year when we were both around age 50).

We have been celebrating ever since - mostly with jewelry because he loves to see me light up when he hands me the little box.
He''s been making up for 20 years of lost time.

1. Charriol necklace and earrings for valentines day - this is the one which looks like a circle of life pendant made of little "C"''s. It is an amazing sparkler!
2 - Goldiva bracelet for my birthday from Signed Pieces - 9 carats of white, yellow, and champagne diamonds in a pattern of little flowers all around my wrist. Great because it combines yellow gold and white gold and can be worn with anything - I''ve never seen anything like it.
3 - the promise ring - Cartier rolling ring in Pave from Signed pieces - just lucky that this happened to come up at their site in exactly my size - 432 little pave diamonds in pink, white, and yellow. He bought it for me because I decided that instead of buying an engagement diamond I would get my Solasfera diamond that I bought last year reset (because I absolutely love that diamond and didn''t want to wear anything else).
4 - We had the Solasfera reset into the Vatche royal crown platinum pave and bought the matching wedding ring in platinum pave which I am holding for our wedding this winter.
5 - A watch from Chopard which was also from Signed Pieces - Happy Diamonds in white gold bracelet style - a Mother''s day present.

This has been a miracle year for me in many ways - we will slow down on the jewelry purchases at this point because I have all I could possibly need for now.
I couldn''t ask for anything more

Tanuki

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
I've never had a year like this. Is it a coincidence that I joined PS this year, too
17.gif

1. Upgraded wedding set to ACA center stone in HOF semi mount and HOF five stone wedding band
2. Cartier Trinity with scattered diamonds
3. HOF Fulfillment pendant
4. HOF Fulfillment drop earrings
5. Omega Constellation watch with diamond bezel
6. Pandora bracelet in silver/gold combo--one section completed

I've done due diligence and posted all my treasures on the forums
2.gif
I have so enjoyed being able to share with my PS friends. Now, I must throw a net over myself!! Do not enable me, even if I beg you to do so
8.gif
11.gif

Clio

Brilliant_Rock
The only thing I''ve bought in the last 12 months was a purple spinel for an antique setting my mother gave me (and it was not an expensive stone). I''ve also acquired a pretty little pair of diamond earrings, but they were my grandmothers, and I''m borrowing them from my mother, so no purchase there.

I did spend a not inconsiderable amount of money having that setting repaired and the spinel set in it. Plus, I knocked the diamond out of my engagement ring and had to have that repaired as well. I spent more on repairs than on anything new!
40.gif

I do have something pretty in mind that I''m planning to get toward the end of the year, though.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/7/2007 8:23:53 AM

Musey, can I ask where you found your rose gold chain? I''ve been wanting more rose gold jewelry and it''s so hard to find online!
eBay-ha!
9.gif
It was something like $50. It''s very nice though! This is the seller.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
It has been a banner year here. I found PS about half-way through, and I blame you guys for two (no, make that 3) of my purchases.
11.gif

I purchased the following:

1. For Son's 21st birthday - Gold and Damascus steel ring
2. For Daughter's 18 birthday and High School Graduation - Omega Seamaster watch
3. For Husband's Christmas Gift - 2 ct. raw brown octagonal diamond tension set ring in palladium and Damascus steel
4. For Me - 0.5 ct green-yellow chameleon diamond ring set in 14 k yellow gold Link
5. For Me - Yellow sapphire and diamond eternity ring set in platinum Link
6. For Me - Diamond stud earrings 0.85 ctw J SI1 set in platinum Link

And, hubby bought me a 7 mm rose gold scatter ring for Christmas, set with 12 x 1 pt diamonds in white, yellow and orange.

Oh, and a couple of gold chains from a local jewelry store that was going out of business (really!).

I just remembered an antique ladies Hamilton diamond and platinum watch from eBay. That one has been at the repair shop for the last two months. I know people are waiting for pics, and so am I.

It has been a very good year. Thanks to PS, I now glitter!!!
36.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely no jewellery purchases
17.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
My topaz, my spinels, my watch, and my ring reset. It''s been a good year.
2.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/7/2007 12:01:55 PM
Author: Lorelei
Absolutely no jewellery purchases
17.gif
Me neever. Although, I''m TRYING, but it''s not working out so far.
32.gif

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
lets see, I got the RC TT pretzel, " M" and medium circle pendant, the WF baby bezel earrings, the WF bangle bracelet, the T&Co. diamond by the yards sapphire bracelet, a Barry Kronen pave diamond butterfly ring, and most recently I got the RC TT "little black dress" and "flip flop".

I think I got a few more things, but I can remember what else at the moment.

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
I''ve gotten a few things in the last year. Nothing too substantial, but, fun stuff nonetheless.

A sapphire ring to stack with other RHRs.
A garnet pendant.
Tiffany silver graduated bead necklace.
*AND* hopefully soon (whenever I have some time for bling shopping) I''ll be adding some new diamond hoops (approx 1 ctw) to the list.

Off topic...MC, did you get down here to SO CA yet? If so, how was the trip?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very bad this year.
11.gif

1. Bought 2 antique settings from Pearlman''s and set 2 gemstones
2. Bought a blue green tourmaline from Dan Stair
3. Bought a delicious Mozambique Paraiba tourmaline
4. Bought a pair of Richard Homer Uruguay amethysts with blue and red flash.
5. Bought hubby a watch for his birthday
6. Bought myself a hefty 24kt gold bracelet (28 grams!)

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/7/2007 9:19:37 AM
Author: tanuki
This has been a banner year for me - the motivation was getting back together with someone I was in love with years ago after 20 years of being apart but still in love with each other. (Yes, it''s like a movie - we loved each other in college - the relationship fell apart due to stupidity and we never forgot each other despite trying to make relationships with other people work out. Then we got back together this year when we were both around age 50).

We have been celebrating ever since - mostly with jewelry because he loves to see me light up when he hands me the little box.
He''s been making up for 20 years of lost time.

1. Charriol necklace and earrings for valentines day - this is the one which looks like a circle of life pendant made of little ''C''''s. It is an amazing sparkler!
2 - Goldiva bracelet for my birthday from Signed Pieces - 9 carats of white, yellow, and champagne diamonds in a pattern of little flowers all around my wrist. Great because it combines yellow gold and white gold and can be worn with anything - I''ve never seen anything like it.
3 - the promise ring - Cartier rolling ring in Pave from Signed pieces - just lucky that this happened to come up at their site in exactly my size - 432 little pave diamonds in pink, white, and yellow. He bought it for me because I decided that instead of buying an engagement diamond I would get my Solasfera diamond that I bought last year reset (because I absolutely love that diamond and didn''t want to wear anything else).
4 - We had the Solasfera reset into the Vatche royal crown platinum pave and bought the matching wedding ring in platinum pave which I am holding for our wedding this winter.
5 - A watch from Chopard which was also from Signed Pieces - Happy Diamonds in white gold bracelet style - a Mother''s day present.

This has been a miracle year for me in many ways - we will slow down on the jewelry purchases at this point because I have all I could possibly need for now.
I couldn''t ask for anything more

Tanuki
HI:

Tanuki you bought that gorgeous bracelet????
30.gif
I had been eyeballing it!!!!! Please show us pictures of all your treasures!!!!!

I also please the 5th on jewellery purchases in the last year and plan to spending NADA in the next year, right after my diamond hoops get here......

cheers--Sharon

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
past 12 months,

had (previously purchased) demantoid garnet set into WF semibezel necklace ($375?)
cairico lake turquoise bracelet ($230)
sapphire stud earrings ($300)
and $40 apatite ring for my sister.

This is me being good
9.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
We are all so bad aren''t we??? LOL

I bought:

Blue sapphire and diamond ring from NSC, exchanged it for the one that I didn''t care for. The other one had a window.
Another Pad ring from NSC
Pad earrings
Pad Pendant
3 loose Pad stones

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s interesting that even within our general weakness for jewelry/gems that you can see posters'' individual''s "weaknesses" when laid out over time, whether it be Pad sapphires, RC pendants, buying gemstones and setting them, important designer pieces, etc.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ya shoulda asked last year when I got zip, zero, nada!!!
5.gif

By far, the significant purchase was my 0.8 ctw fine bezel earrings from WF. But the cost was 50% defrayed by my PS gift. Other than that, I got a fashion watch and a small stackable ruby ring.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sharon,

Hummmmmmmmmmmmm, we shall see if you don''t buy any jewelery next year, LOL

Linda

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results