shape
carat
color
clarity

Just curious... do you wear your ering all the time?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

tdiddy

Shiny_Rock
I actually rarely wear mine and I''ve only had it for about 7 months. I work from home during the day and don''t wear it then. I work out at night and never wear it running or biking b/c my fingers swell and it gets in the way. When I was on vacation on Vegas in June I wore it the entire trip and it got in the way a lot - I guess from the high setting. So pretty much I only wear it on special occasions, which in a lot of ways makes it more fun for me. I still smile everytime I get it out of the box.

When I get married, I will def. get a simple band to workout/etc in and plan to wear that all the time BUT I also want the diamond eternity band to match my e-ring when I go out
31.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Nope. Only when I go out. And it also depends on where I go......

cheers--Sharon

suzi

Shiny_Rock
Wow...I don''t want to make anyone mad or upset the apple cart, but I have to say I am surprised at how many of you say you seldom wear your rings, or how many situations there are where you don''t wear them! I guess it surprises me for the main reason that for the time I''ve been reading on this forum (mostly lurking until recently) I''ve seen how much time and effort many of you have put into finding your perfect stones and choosing your settings. And I KNOW many of you have spent a considerable amount financially on your rings, too...
5.gif
. I guess it brings up another question in my mind for those of you who spent a lot of time, energy, and money on your rings (especially those of you with the fantastic upgrades)...did you know you were not going to be wearing the rings most of the time before you got them? Or was it a situation that developed AFTER you got the ring?

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/16/2007 8:58:39 AM
Author: thing2of2
. . . The second I walk through the door, I take off all my jewelry and change out of my nice clothes.
That''s me exactly. When I get home, I want to be comfortable. (DH is the same.) There is no way I would sleep or bathe in any jewelry. I only wear jewelry at home when we have company. The ring stays home when I go to the gym or beach, or similar activities where it might be damaged or in my way.

I wear it 5 days a week at work and whenever I go out for non-athletic activities. I think that is enough -- I do not feel like I have to wear my ring 24/7 to justify the cost. Fortunately for me, DH feels the same way -- when we go out on the weekends he asks "is this a ring day or a non-ring day" so we match, rather than just one of us wearing a ring so we look like we are having an affair.
2.gif

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Yes, I wear my ering pretty much all the time. It comes off while I''m showering for a cleaning too. I also remove it if I''m lifting weights, playing sports, swimming, going to get my hands dirty/messy, etc.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/16/2007 11:16:56 PM
Author: sipper
Wow...I don''t want to make anyone mad or upset the apple cart, but I have to say I am surprised at how many of you say you seldom wear your rings, or how many situations there are where you don''t wear them! I guess it surprises me for the main reason that for the time I''ve been reading on this forum (mostly lurking until recently) I''ve seen how much time and effort many of you have put into finding your perfect stones and choosing your settings. And I KNOW many of you have spent a considerable amount financially on your rings, too...
5.gif
. I guess it brings up another question in my mind for those of you who spent a lot of time, energy, and money on your rings (especially those of you with the fantastic upgrades)...did you know you were not going to be wearing the rings most of the time before you got them? Or was it a situation that developed AFTER you got the ring?
I was thinking the same thing... it seems like many wear them mostly just for other people to see.

Kats

Rough_Rock
For me, the reason why I take it off for certain things is for my own comfort, not because I'm wearing it for other people to see. My ring is just over half a carat so it's not like it's huge to show off anyway! My engagement ring is the only piece of jewellery I wear; I'm not a big jewellery wearer and don't wear necklaces, earrings or other rings. I don't like wearing it when I sleep or work out because I'm more comfortable without it.

I've always thought that a ring is more for the wearer than for other people because the wearer can look at it all the time and make it sparkle by moving it around whereas you can't see your own necklace and earrings on.

You could say the same about people wearing it all the time being for other people - why would you need to wear it to the gym (ie. just to show it off)? I personally don't think so, I think people wear their erings when they feel comfortable doing so, which is the definition of doing it for yourself rather than for other people.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/17/2007 5:12:10 AM
Author: Kats
For me, the reason why I take it off for certain things is for my own comfort, not because I''m wearing it for other people to see. My ring is just over half a carat so it''s not like it''s huge to show off anyway! My engagement ring is the only piece of jewellery I wear; I''m not a big jewellery wearer and don''t wear necklaces, earrings or other rings. I don''t like wearing it when I sleep or work out because I''m more comfortable without it.

I''ve always thought that a ring is more for the wearer than for other people because the wearer can look at it all the time and make it sparkle by moving it around whereas you can''t see your own necklace and earrings on.

You could say the same about people wearing it all the time being for other people - why would you need to wear it to the gym (ie. just to show it off)? I personally don''t think so, I think people wear their erings when they feel comfortable doing so, which is the definition of doing it for yourself rather than for other people.
All good points of course! I''m emerging from a place where I ONLY want to wear my ring at home. I felt very self conscious about it and tend to think of it like gollum with his ring... just taking it out when no one else is looking LOL So for me its weird that people would ONLY wear it out and then take it off at home. I actually am with you on the last paragraph, but I was thinking more of those who don''t wear it at home. Yeah, comfort is important and ultimately I really have no judgment to how others wear their rings (LOL truly!) its just... ironic I guess to me because of my own ring issues being more opposite. I''ve been wearing various 3+ carat placeholders while I''ve been waiting and I''ve gotten more accustomed to the visual on my hand so I''m pretty sure I''ll be okay in public with the real thing... in fact I wonder if now I''ll have DSS because the ring I''m wearing is bigger? hahaha! now that would be irony LOL

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wear mine all the time--I don''t mind getting it dirty or mucked up because I get a sort of sick satisfaction out of seeing it super-dirty then sparkling clean
9.gif
(so weird, I know...)

I do worry sometimes about damaging it... that''s part of why I''ve been struggling with a solid metal band vs. a diamond band. I really, really value being able to have a ring on that finger at every moment (I guess I must be one for symbolism!!), so I''m really glad that (even without any forward thinking) I happened to choose a setting that is secure (and plain) enough to wear without real fear of "hurting" it.

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/17/2007 5:12:10 AM
Author: Kats
For me, the reason why I take it off for certain things is for my own comfort, not because I''m wearing it for other people to see. My ring is just over half a carat so it''s not like it''s huge to show off anyway! My engagement ring is the only piece of jewellery I wear; I''m not a big jewellery wearer and don''t wear necklaces, earrings or other rings. I don''t like wearing it when I sleep or work out because I''m more comfortable without it.

I''ve always thought that a ring is more for the wearer than for other people because the wearer can look at it all the time and make it sparkle by moving it around whereas you can''t see your own necklace and earrings on.

You could say the same about people wearing it all the time being for other people - why would you need to wear it to the gym (ie. just to show it off)? I personally don''t think so, I think people wear their erings when they feel comfortable doing so, which is the definition of doing it for yourself rather than for other people.
I feel the same way.

Also, I have a "substitute" that I will wear (set low and totally opposite of my real ER) when I know that I will be out of the house and will be doing something that could potentially damage my real one. (example: playing sports).

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/16/2007 11:16:56 PM
Author: sipper
5.gif
Interesting question!

Preface: I don''t wear mine to wash dishes, shower, do yard work, some cleaning (scrubbing, etc), some cooking, and sleeping.

Now, to answer your question, no, I didn''t plan on it. I wore my itty bitty original ring just about 24/7 for 24 years. This ring was my upgrade, and once I got it, and appreciated how beautiful it was, especially when it''s clean, it just seemed wrong somehow to do those things I listed with it on. Plus, I have VERY hard water here, which will only help dull it up if I''m not careful. Plusss I have a wide shiny band, which just begs to get scratched up. So, I take it off to avoid those things, but I always wear it out of the house, and when activities in the house allow.

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
Oh ellen, blah blah blah blah! Hard water, schmard water. Poor you. Now go put your ring ON now! Seriously!! No really, I'm not kidding. Dont *make* me come there and put it on for you...
38.gif

Add me to the list confused and surprised at how many people here dont wear there amazing erings ALL the freakin time - at least at home!
33.gif
That's the one place you can oogle your beloved without anyone thinking you're totally crazy. I take my precious off to workout, garden, sail, tennis, anything like that. Moving boxes, take it off. Sometimes when cooking and cleaning. But I try to wear it everyday and when I dont wear it - like last weekend when we were sailing - I come in the door and run to put it on my finger because I missed it! SHAME ON YOU...you know who you are...
38.gif

I'm waiting for DKS to come onto this thread and start busting heads.
20.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/17/2007 6:43:15 PM
Author: surfgirl
Oh ellen, blah blah blah blah! Hard water, schmard water. Poor you. Now go put your ring ON now! Seriously!! No really, I''m not kidding. Dont *make* me come there and put it on for you...
38.gif

Add me to the list confused and surprised at how many people here dont wear there amazing erings ALL the freakin time - at least at home!
33.gif
That''s the one place you can oogle your beloved without anyone thinking you''re totally crazy. I take my precious off to workout, garden, sail, tennis, anything like that. Moving boxes, take it off. Sometimes when cooking and cleaning. But I try to wear it everyday and when I dont wear it - like last weekend when we were sailing - I come in the door and run to put it on my finger because I missed it! SHAME ON YOU...you know who you are...
38.gif

I''m waiting for DKS to come onto this thread and start busting heads.
20.gif
It IS on.
25.gif

Do you really want me to lose it in the shower??
11.gif

Would YOU stick your ring in meatloaf?

Do you have hard water? Do you KNOW what that crap will do to anything it comes in constant contact with??
23.gif

Do you want me whacking the headboard with it? (get yer mind outta the gutter too)
9.gif

I think you get my drift missy.
11.gif

Seriously, I wear it most of the time, as I DO love it. And THAT''S why I take it off when I do.
wobble2.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t wear mine at home, don''t like wearing it 24/7.
25.gif

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
I have identified three "ring wearing" categories here:

1) Wear the ring ALL the time no matter what

2) Wear the ring ALL the time except when doing something that may harm the ring (no matter if at home or away from home) -- this seems to be where most responders fit...

3) Wear the ring only when they go out.

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/17/2007 6:57:15 PM
Author: Ellen

Oh ellen, blah blah blah blah! Hard water, schmard water. Poor you. Now go put your ring ON now! Seriously!! No really, I''m not kidding. Dont *make* me come there and put it on for you...
38.gif

33.gif
That''s the one place you can oogle your beloved without anyone thinking you''re totally crazy. I take my precious off to workout, garden, sail, tennis, anything like that. Moving boxes, take it off. Sometimes when cooking and cleaning. But I try to wear it everyday and when I dont wear it - like last weekend when we were sailing - I come in the door and run to put it on my finger because I missed it! SHAME ON YOU...you know who you are...
38.gif

20.gif
It IS on.
25.gif

11.gif

Do you have hard water? Do you KNOW what that crap will do to anything it comes in constant contact with??
23.gif

Do you want me whacking the headboard with it? (get yer mind outta the gutter too)
9.gif

11.gif

Seriously, I wear it most of the time, as I DO love it. And THAT''S why I take it off when I do.
wobble2.gif
Aaaaahhahahahahahaaahhaaa!!! Too funny!!!!

I totally agree with your points!!!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/17/2007 7:05:54 PM
Author: poshpepper
I have identified three ''ring wearing'' categories here:

1) Wear the ring ALL the time no matter what

2) Wear the ring ALL the time except when doing something that may harm the ring (no matter if at home or away from home) -- this seems to be where most responders fit...

3) Wear the ring only when they go out.
emembarrassed.gif

Ducking as DKS will come after me
3.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/17/2007 7:07:02 PM
Author: poshpepper

It IS on.
25.gif

11.gif

23.gif

9.gif

11.gif

wobble2.gif
Aaaaahhahahahahahaaahhaaa!!! Too funny!!!!

I totally agree with your points!!!
9.gif

Why thank you posh!

*looks at Surfgirl and whispers, neener neener under my breath*
nails.gif

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock

YES! muahahahahahahaaa......

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/17/2007 7:57:34 PM
Author: musey

yikes2.gif

And you wear an Asscher to boot.

Gimme that ring, right now.
11.gif

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock

38.gif

33.gif
38.gif

20.gif
It IS on.
25.gif

11.gif

23.gif

9.gif

11.gif

wobble2.gif
Oh I get it...I thought you mean "It''s on" as in "oh it''s ON sister!" but you mean it''s on your finger right now...Phew. I was about to lock my doors and close all my windows!

Actually I agree with all your points except the headboard because while I dont wear my ring to bed, I also dont find myself whacking my hands, or anything else for that matter, on my headboard...I wonder what that says about me... Wait! What does that say about YOU ellen?
31.gif
You naughty little vixen. No wonder you dont sleep with your ring on. Now I understand...

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/17/2007 8:02:24 PM

yikes2.gif

11.gif
Part of my sick pleasure in cleaning a dirty, dirty ring...
31.gif
12.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/17/2007 8:03:57 PM

Oh I get it...I thought you mean ''It''s on'' as in ''oh it''s ON sister!'' but you mean it''s on your finger right now...Phew. I was about to lock my doors and close all my windows!

Actually I agree with all your points except the headboard because while I dont wear my ring to bed, I also dont find myself whacking my hands, or anything else for that matter, on my headboard...I wonder what that says about me... Wait! What does that say about YOU ellen?
31.gif
You naughty little vixen. No wonder you dont sleep with your ring on. Now I understand...
rotflmao2.gif

creepaway3.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/17/2007 8:06:42 PM

Date: 7/17/2007 8:02:24 PM

yikes2.gif

11.gif
Part of my sick pleasure in cleaning a dirty, dirty ring...
31.gif
12.gif
Well, that''s yer business I guess. Just so long as I don''t see an av with raw beef under it.....
9.gif
2.gif

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
Now Now Ladies... we don''t have to break out the lemon pie, do we?
2.gif
9.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/17/2007 8:12:50 PM
Author: IndieJones
Now Now Ladies... we don''t have to break out the lemon pie, do we?
2.gif
9.gif
Nope, no need for pie here.

I''ll take one of these though --->
martini.gif

9.gif

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hmm I don't think so. This is more of a chocolate-chip cookie thread
9.gif

ETA: Which I'll have to make WHILE WEARING MY RING!!!
32.gif
31.gif
2.gif
3.gif
(how's THAT for a smiley progression??)

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/17/2007 8:20:54 PM
Hmm I don''t think so. This is more of a chocolate-chip cookie thread
9.gif

ETA: Which I''ll have to make WHILE WEARING MY RING!!!
32.gif
31.gif
2.gif
3.gif
(how''s THAT for a smiley progression??)
Hmmm, I don''t have a *let me punch out her lights* icon.....
9.gif

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock

I''ve worn my wedding band (and regretted it - ugh, dried meat under your ring is just nasty!!! But a) dried meat in your melee? b) my ring has a mirrored bowl under the stone - can you imagine that stuffed with meat? double nasty!!! LOL

I refuse to be worried about banging it though, on headboards or other... I bang my left hand on the inside of the washing machine almost every time I get clothes out (though I have gotten way better, I always banged my band, this stand-in ring I''m getting better, more aware lol) and I''ve told Ocean this... I don''t care how big the prongs are, they have to be big enough to withstand sarabuse LOL She''s making them 1mm each (x8) and she said something about how she knows I like big prongs and I corrected her and said, no, I don''t like big prongs for the SAKE of big looking prongs... I just need to feel absolutely secure and since they''re all spread out around the diamond there isn''t long stretches of girdle sticking out (not that I really should worry with a med-sl thick girdle LOL) but still... and I went to platinum ONLY because of the resistance to chemcials. But dried meat and flour paste? I can''t go there LOL

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
38.gif

33.gif
38.gif

20.gif
LMAO!!! This seriously made me giggle :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results