shape
carat
color
clarity

Just curious... do you wear your ering all the time?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

thumbelina

Shiny_Rock
Happy Sunday PSers!

I was at the dog park today wearing the ring of my dreams and wondering if most people wear their ering all the time?

I wear a plain band when I''m working out, but wear my ering pretty much the rest of the times.

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Yep. Pretty much all the time. Sometimes, on days I''m working from home, I don''t put it on, but most days I do. I left the house without it a couple of times and it really bothered me to be without it for the day. I do take it off when gardening or doing something that could damage it after needing to get a prong tighened because I whacked it on a cardboard box a few too many times while packing some stuff up to ship.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wear it all the time except when doing household chores with chemicals, washing the dog, lifting weights, etc. Basically unless I am doing something that might damage my ring, I am wearing it.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I take precaution. I have a band that I wear if I go to a bad part of town or do yard work. When I workout at the gym I wear it, but walking around the neighborhood; I take it off. I wear by wedding band on vacation just so I don''t lose it while swimming or hiking. Your ring is beautiful!!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I take it off for gardening, cleaning around the house, cooking or doing dishes, I take it off when I wash my hands. I don''t wear it to bed. My solitaire is only 1/2 ct. so I am not nervous to wear it out in public.

Sparkster

Brilliant_Rock
I only take my e-ring off when I''m in the shower, cooking, washing up or doing the gardening (can''t get the gardening glove over the ring).

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
ditto neatfreak.

sparkster, your avatar is KILLING me!

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
I don't wear my ring when I am home hardly at all! I am always worried about it getting dirty, wet, slimy, etc., as I forever have my hands in water.

It makes it that much more special for me when I put it on to go out the door. I'm like, wow, I missed you my pretty!
30.gif

suzi

Shiny_Rock
I wear mine all the time except when I''m doing anything where it could get damaged...like while working in the yard or with tools, at the beach where I could get sand on it, or at the pool. I heard that chlorine is bad for gold. Otherwise I wear it all the time, even when showering or in bed. I don''t worry about it getting dirty, because it''s not that hard to clean a ring. I kind of like cleaning it and polishing it up!
9.gif

The thing about wearing my ring (or any of my more expensive jewelry) in a bad part of town used to kind of worry me. But I don''t go into those areas too often, and if I do I just turn my ring around so the diamond is facing the palm of my hand, or I put gloves on or something so that people don''t see my ring.

I have friends who rarely wear their erings or their nicer jewelry. It makes me sad, in a way.
7.gif
Beautiful things are meant to be seen and enjoyed. Why have them if we are too nervous or self-conscious to wear them? I know a lot of people worry about delicate settings with lots of pave, or rings that are too elaborate for everyday wear. That''s why I chose a more sturdy setting that isn''t quite so easily damaged, and one that is not too fancy that I couldn''t wear it for any occasion. I want to wear and enjoy my ring, and I''m proud to own it!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I often remove it at home, and in the summer when I swell I do remove it as well.

suzi

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/15/2007 4:32:25 PM
Author: sumbride
Yep. Pretty much all the time. Sometimes, on days I''m working from home, I don''t put it on, but most days I do. I left the house without it a couple of times and it really bothered me to be without it for the day. I do take it off when gardening or doing something that could damage it after needing to get a prong tighened because I whacked it on a cardboard box a few too many times while packing some stuff up to ship.

Wow! I didn''t realize you could loosen a prong by whacking it on a cardboard box! You must have been whacking it really hard!
6.gif

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/15/2007 6:36:45 PM
Author: sipper

Wow! I didn''t realize you could loosen a prong by whacking it on a cardboard box! You must have been whacking it really hard!
6.gif
I think it depends on the prong.... my ring is going to have 8 1mm prongs so it''ll pretty much be a diamond cage LOL I plan to wear it 24/7. I will wear it cooking, I will wear it cleaning... I wanted white gold but switched to platinum to avoid the chemical and chlorine issues. I will wear it doing the dishes, in the shower, to bed... I will take it off when I''m mushing food with my hands like mixing meatloaf or kneeding bread, I will take it off to clean it.... and there might be social situations that make me uncomfortable. And I''m sure there are various other things like painting that I would take it off as well. I told my designer that I looked forward to a time when I look down and see my ring and it is all dirty and neglected because I''ve gotten so comfortable wearing it I no longer think (read: obsess) about it constantly.

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/15/2007 6:36:45 PM
Author: sipper

6.gif

I think I was! My ring was a little loose that day and it kept spinning and knocking against the boxes while I was pushing my hands into the boxes... I realized the diamond was moving a wee bit immediately after and had it fixed the next day! Next time I will take it off!

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
I wear it all the time except at night or when I''m doing something that might hurt it.

Sparkster

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/15/2007 6:22:23 PM
Author: surfgirl
ditto neatfreak.

sparkster, your avatar is KILLING me!
Thanks Surfgirl. I love orangutans - especially baby ones. They are the most gorgeous creatures on earth

Munchkin

Brilliant_Rock
With the exception of during Karate, I always wear my ering outside of my home. (My classmates would be upset if I punched them with it on!) It is the last thing I do before I walk out the door. I almost never wear it while home, though.Too many ways for it to get dirty or banged around!

When we were first engaged, I only took it off to clean it.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
I work w/ children and my setting is pretty high so I don''t wear it to work (the job is hands on and I''ve managed to scratch a few of my poor little guys when I''ve worn it) and I take it off when I am home because I hate when it gets dirty, so I''d say I wear it about 1/4-2/3 of the time. I always wear it on weekends and during the evening if we go out, etc. I almost always wear my w-ring though.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
I only take mine off before getting into the shower. While I''m getting cleaned, it''s getting cleaned! Goes back on after the makeup/hairspray ritual is complete. LOL
31.gif

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
Mine gets cleaned when I''m in the shower too. Otherwise it doesn''t come off.... ever.

I specifically wanted a low set diamond so it would be more ''wearable''. It can fit under gloves so I don''t have to take it off when gardening or cleaning. The setting is a sturdy antique in platinum... I figure if the diamond has manage to stay in for the last 70+ years, I''m probably not going to lose it either! It''s just under 2/3''rds of a carat so I''ve never felt uncomfortable or vulnerable wearing it any place I''ve ever gone.
5.gif

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wear mine every time I leave the house. The second I walk through the door, I take off all my jewelry and change out of my nice clothes.

I leave my e-ring on when I wash my hands but I take it off to put lotion on.

Picos

Rough_Rock
I take it off to do stuff in the kitchen...I have a shot glass on the breakfast bar. I also take it off to sleep, either back in its box or the traveling jewlery box I keep on the beside so I can do a last minute jewlery "clense" right before sleep!

As for everything else, I always wear it. I live in a big city so I''m not leary of the bad side of town.

After I''ve taken my shower/ combed my hair, it goes on. Sometimes, it won''t go on for a whole day because I haven''t formally gotten ready.

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
Off topic for a moment...

sparkster...do you know what "orangutan" means? I used to work in Indonesia and I learned the language and was amused to learn that:

orang = people
utan = forest

Orangutan = forest people

I always liked that! That the indigenous people considered them similar to people.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wear my e-ring when I''m out. But, i don''t think I''m taking it travelling.

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
I wear my e-ring always... except for the following times:

1) While playing hockey (or other physical activities) -- I have a "substitute" that I wear
2) While cooking --- I am waaaaayyy to messy and I''m sure I would be cleaning ingredients off of the ring for a month
3) In the swimming pool or spa
4) In the shower
5) While cleaning house
6) While sleeping

Haa haa, seems like I don''t wear it that much, but I really do.
37.gif

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
When I lived in NYC I wore it pretty much 24/7.
Now that I have moved to a smaller city where bigger rings aren''t as common I definitely don''t wear it as much- like say to the supermarket or wholesale club shopping.

Always take it off for:
beach
pool
shower
sleep
preparing messy food
cleaning/household chores

When I don''t wear it I still have my eternity wedding band on and thin plain plat band as well sometimes even a 3rd band w/ that- so my finger isn''t nekkid!

DivaDiamond007

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t wear mine to bed, in the shower or to Cedar Point. Otherwise I pretty much wear it all the time. My diamond is fairly low set so I don''t typically bang it around or anything like that. I do sometimes wear my plain white gold band with my ering to work because sometimes our clients are sort of....odd. I''ve never broken a prong or damaged my setting/stones in any way.

Jess

Kats

Rough_Rock
Great thread, I always wonder what people take their erings off for too!

I take mine off for sleeping, washing my hands (only if I''m at home), cleaning, cooking, showering, gym. Some days if I''m at home it doesn''t go on at all.

I''m about to go on vacation where I''ll be swimming in the pool and ocean and I''m torn about wearing it. I don''t want to wear it on the beach but am a bit concerned that it won''t be safe in the hotel room safe. I don''t want to leave it at home though, I''ve only had it for a few months! And it''s definitely coming on honeymoon with me which will involve the beach again, so I guess it had better get used to room safes! (It is insured.)

piccolascimmia

Shiny_Rock
I''m in the same boat as aljdewey - I only take it off when I shower, and that''s when it goes in its ''bath'' too. I wear it all other times...I''m afraid if I take it off somewhere I''ll forget to put it back on and feel naked, or will lose it. I''d rather fix any damage than lose it entirely (or never wear it). Luckily I don''t have too much of an issue with swelling, and it doesn''t flail around while I''m sleeping. And it is lower set, so I like to believe its a bit sturdier than some rings...
17.gif

ejsarkar

Shiny_Rock
I have pretty much worn my ER since my husband proposed eight years ago (I took it off for 2 months at the end of my first pregnancy but that's about it). I don't garden, I don't cook much, I don't lift weights and I lose things easily. Yes, I am embarrassed to say I never cleaned it.... it always seemed fine to me and seemed clean enough being in the shower and washing hands etc. but after finding PS several months ago, I immediately took it off and cleaned it properly and WOW, I have a whole new ring. I have now become obsessed with cleaning it since the difference is unbelievable. Everyone keeps asking me if I got a larger diamond because it is so sparkly and white and I think maybe I don't need/want an upgrade after all.

So thank you to all of you for inspiring me with your squeaky clean and sparkly stones.

Also, Thumbelina, your ering is one of my favorites on PS. Simply gorgeous!

dianne

Brilliant_Rock
I wear it all the time away from home...ok, I''ve only had it 9 days, but I do find that I don''t wear it much at home. Home is where I am more likely to, on a whim, grab cleaning products and start scrubbing something. I take off all jewelry when I get home unless I know I am planning to go back out soon. Never shower in it, never sleep in it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results