carat
color
clarity

"Just Barely" Pregnant PS''ers

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
Re: Re:

fisherofmengirly|1328318631|3118629 said:
First post in a pregnancy thread as a preggo. Eek!!

Hello, fellow preggos. :)

I just found out this week that my husband and I are expecting our first baby! We took a LONG road to get here, and are thankful beyond words for the joy of this moment & phase of our lives.

We were TTC for nearly 4 years, and I underwent all the tests & I have irregular cycles. Doctor told us that was the only issue, and so what if it took a long time? There's a child within me! Yay!!! :)

Took the test Jan 31, went to the doctor the following morning for beta testing. That came back 491 & progesterone was 21.31, so I'm very excited! Had my follow up beta today, results Monday. Double baby, double.

I haven't read the stories here, but I will try to catch up as I go along.

Are there are other newly preggos around? I'm guessing I'm due October 6-9, based on FF.

You would remember me under my old username here (in my signature). ;-) I just saw this post and I gasped out loud! I am SO THRILLED for you and Paul! What great news! How was your test this week? I will be keeping you in my thoughts and sending you some sticky bean dust!
:appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

missrachelk

Shiny_Rock
Re:

Heeeeelo there Preggos!
:wavey:

I am shocked but here I am! :appl:

I jsut got some very positive BFP's yesterday, and had my first beta today which came back at 8,000

Going in tomorrow for the first US and I am so excited to see what's in there! I can't help but wonder if there is more than on bean.

I've been TTC since October, and diagnosed with PCOS in December. Started Metformin and had jsut had a consult about starting clomid this month. Apparently when I took a test that morning (the 24th) I jsut might have already been preggo but got a BFN.

Like I said I'm shocked to be here, I was convinced I wasn't ovulating. My LMP was on 12/8, but that was right when I started the metformin and my cycles were reay long leading up to that (I only had 3-4 cycles between August and December last year). I am so curious how far along I am! Luckily I've been taking my prenatals for a few months now and haven't done any drinking or anything else really dangerous. I don't feel any symptoms except some BB tenderness and a bit of crampy-type uterus feelings.

I am so excited to join in here and then the big Preggo thread, then the Newborn and so on! I'm sure it will take a while to sink in but I also bet it will seem pretty real once we see that US tomorrow morning.

Will be sure to update when I know something!

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Re:

Welcome, Rachel!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Re:

Congratulations Rachel!! Wonderful news!!! Good luck at your us tomm!! :appl: :appl:

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Re:

I'm thrilled to see some fellow new mamas! :) We're gonna get close as we walk this journey! :)

Mannequin!!! Hi, friend! How are you? What are you up to? Are you a mama? Did you marry the good guy yet? I need an update!

I want to play the guessing game! We aren't finding out (I don't think), but it's so fun to guess!!!

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
Re:

There's another baby boom on PS! Congrats to all the new mamas-to-be!

Mayerling & DD: Did your OBs/Midwives just tell you about your anterior placentas or did you inquire?

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Re:

PPM, my u/s tech told me about my anterior placenta. IF they didn't say anything then you probably have a posterior.

Fisher, congrats on a great beta! So excited for you!!! I'll add you to the list for the guessing game tomorrow!

Here is the new list for tomorrow ladies!

AMC
Megumic
Pilsnpinkysmom
Lizzyann
ChinaCat
Kunzite - TWINS!!!
Fisherofmengirly

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock

Tomorrow is going to be a crazy day for me, so I'm entering my guesses a few hours early :cheeky:

AMC- Girl
Megumic- Girl
Pilsnpinkysmom- Girl
Lizzyann- Boy
ChinaCat- Girl
Kunzite - Boy/Girl
Fisherofmengirly- Boy

No science, all instinct :bigsmile:

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Re:

Pils, I was wondering the same thing about how you find out if you're anterior or not. I wonder how early in pregnancy they can tell. Is it known by exam or by ultrasound?

Also, I have been wondering if too much potassium is harmful in pregnancy. And if so, what's amount is too much? One of the only things that settles my stomach in the mornings is a few bites of banana. Is a banana a day gonna hurt baby?

So far, the thing that is funniest to me is how a uterus that has just begun to expand can cause a need to go to the bathroom so often! I have always been an avid water drinker, so I frequently urinate, but man-- it cracks me up how often I go now. Paul thinks it's hilarious and kept a count on Sunday. Hoping that was a one-time thing for him!

mayerling

Ideal_Rock

PilsnPinkysMom|1328668246|3121333 said:
There's another baby boom on PS! Congrats to all the new mamas-to-be!

Mayerling & DD: Did your OBs/Midwives just tell you about your anterior placentas or did you inquire?

I had an ultrasound back home to confirm the pregnancy (at 11 weeks!) and the OB said I had an anterior low-lying placenta.

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Re:

November, my mind is mush-- I forgot to say YAY!!! I miss the *oldies* I started this journey with so much. How are you doing? How old is your little one? I'm so glad you're here! :)

Buttons

Shiny_Rock
Re:

Hello Barely Preggos!

I'm a long time member but I'm using a new username for a little privacy (I've put my old username in my sig just for a few days ;)) )

Dipping my toes in here, I'm 8 weeks + 2 days today, due September 17th. Nervous but excited!!!

I wanted to say a particular congrats to fisher, I've followed your story since even before I joined PS and I am just overjoyed to see your news! :appl: :appl: :appl:

Wishing everyone a happy and healthy 9 months :wavey:

megumic

Brilliant_Rock
Re:

Congrats Buttons and welcome!

Okay, it's guess day and hump day bump day!

So...

AMC - boy
Megumic - girl
Pilsnpinkysmom - girl
Lizzyann - girl
ChinaCat - boy
Kunzite - TWINS!!! - boys
Fisherofmengirly - girl

I think I'm having a girl b/c I have thoguht girl alllll along so much so that I haven't even thought of boy names AT ALL!

Here are some pics - 6 weeks and again at 13 weeks (well it's from last night but I'm 13 weeks today.) More than anything, I think i just notice my boobs are GINORMOUS. I have gone from a C to a DD. :-o Happy Hump Day!

6 weeks.JPG

13 weeks.JPG

missrachelk

Shiny_Rock
Re:

Hi JBP's!

I am so anxious for my US! :appl: :appl: :appl:

Luckily it's in about an hour. DH is coming with me in case there's big news or the heartbeat is already visible.

Does anyone have a good list of foods to avoid? Medicines and OTC stuff? I was wondering about gum, I generally avoid artificial sweetners and food coloring like the plague (very crunchy granola here so get ready for lots of natural prego and baby questions!) and I could not find any gum that didn't have both! Even the sugar gum also had aspartame. I didn't go to Whole foods or a health food store to see what they have yet. Gum jsut sounds great, my mouth is really dry as well as being thirsty.

I'm also going to ask today about my preferred constipation cure - magnesium tablets. I suffer from constipation most of the time even before this new development, so I'm in the habit of taking them most nights to guarantee a smooth morning. I hate that stopped up bloated feeling. So I'll let you all know if my Doc says they're ok because tehy've worked like a charm for me, no side effects and no unpleasaant foods to need to choke down. I have also heard that eating things like kiwi can help (I am so not a prune girl, love some dried apricots though, so maybe those would help??)

I'll go through and get to know everyone better soon.
:wavey:

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Re:

Guessing game, here we go! I'll tally up the votes tomorrow! Even people not on the list can cast their votes for the below ladies! So feel free to stop by and vote!!! :wavey:

AMC - boy (I've had this feeling from day 1)
Megumic - girl
Pilsnpinkysmom - girl
Lizzyann - girl! I've had a girl feeling this time around and things feel different than last time!
ChinaCat - boy
Kunzite - TWINS!!! - 1 girl, 1 boy!
Fisherofmengirly - boy

rachel, good luck at the ultrasound! Keep us posted!

Meg, great pics! I've had a girl feeling on you for awhile!

Buttons, congratulations and welcome!

Fisher, the peeing is so bad in the beginning, but it gets better!

NovemberBride

Brilliant_Rock
Re:

Fisher - great to see your over here too! My little Olivia turned two in November, so she'll be almost 3 when this new little one arrives. She is the sweetest and smartest little girl and she amazes me every day. I can't wait to see her as a big sister.

I want to play the gender guessing game! We will definitely be finding out again, I am a control freak and I don't like surprises. So far this pregnancy has been exactly like my last so if I had to guess I'd say I am having another girl. We will be thrilled with whatever we are blessed with this go round.

Here are my guesses for the gender guessing game:

AMC - boy
Megumic - girl
Pilsnpinkysmom - boy
Lizzyann - girl
ChinaCat - girl
Kunzite - girls
Fisherofmengirly - girl
November - girl

I will caveat this with the fact that I am notoriously bad at guessing, so you all are probably having the exact opposite of my guess.

Kunzite

Brilliant_Rock
Re:

AMC - boy
Megumic - girl
Pilsnpinkysmom - girl
Lizzyann - boy
ChinaCat - girl
Kunzite - boy/girl
Fisherofmengirly - girl
November - boy

amc80

Ideal_Rock

missrachelk|1328704534|3121583 said:
I'm also going to ask today about my preferred constipation cure - magnesium tablets. I suffer from constipation most of the time even before this new development, so I'm in the habit of taking them most nights to guarantee a smooth morning.

I had major constipation for 6 weeks, thanks to Zofran. I tried colace and it barely did anything. Finally I decided to try a more natural approach- grapes. I started eating grapes (and a lot of them) every day, and it totally worked. It had me back to normal (well, close to it) after 24 hours or so.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Re:

AMC - I have thought girl the whole time, but now I'm really leaning towards boy. So I'll go with that.
Megumic - Boy
Pilsnpinkysmom - Girl
Lizzyann -Girl
ChinaCat - Girl
Kunzite - TWINS!!! - G/B
Fisherofmengirly - Boy

lizzyann said:
AMC - boy (I've had this feeling from day 1)

Very interesting! I thought I would get more girl votes- high betas, showing all over instead of a bump, m/s for 6 weeks, etc.

Here's my pic for this week. I'm going to post my starting pic as well for the comparison.

week13.JPG

week6.JPG

Missy0483

Brilliant_Rock
Re:

Whoa, way behind on this thread!!

I posted on the other thread, but wanted to show my bump here for Hump Day Bump Day too! Hello basketball belly! Dh laughed at me last night because I had on a tighter fitting zip up stretch jacket which made me stick out and he says "You look funny!!!" I made a sad face and laughed "Why because my belly is sticking out???" and he says "Yup!" Ha. I cannot wait til the day my 5'11" 140 pounds husband gets a belly :lol:

22w3d.jpg

amc80

Ideal_Rock

Missy0483|1328724390|3121768 said:
I cannot wait til the day my 5'11" 140 pounds husband gets a belly :lol:

Trying being married to someone who is 6'7" and 200lbs (on a good day). He's the only person I know who can go on a cruise for a week and lose weight. Meanwhile, I'm pretty sure I'm going to get a talkin' to from my doc for gaining too much weight...not because I'm eating a lot, but because I haven't been able to make it to the gym every day. Sigh.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Re:

So, the round ligament pains have kicked in. I wasn't expecting them until later in the 2nd trimester, but they started last week. It hurts when I sneeze or get up from sitting. It's funny because it happened once, and then the next day I was reading What to Expect, and it was mentioned in there. Kind of annoying but I'll take it over nausea every day! (Oh, which isn't completely gone, but now doesn't kick in until 3pm or so, and is only a couple days a week. I think I've only taken 2 zofran the past week. Huge improvement!!)

missrachelk

Shiny_Rock
Re:

Ok ladies we had the us! I am somewhere between 5-6 weeks. We saw the sac and a teeny yolk sac inside. No HB yet. I'll go back next we'd to hopefully see that HB and get a due date. I can't wait to find out- dh's bday
is 10-4 and it looks like the little one will. E coming around that time too!

Then RE is gonna cut me loose so ive got to choose an OB right away! I'm still not sure what hospital I want to deliver at or what may happen with my job and insurance. I guess I'll do some research and try to casually ask a few friends about their experiences

My nurse at the re cautioned me against the midwife practice I'd been to just because he caliber of the hospital they deliver at is so much below the rest that are in the city. She said the care would be great if everything went well but if anything was complicated I'd want to be somewhere else.

So much to think about!

When did it start to seem real to everyone? I'm still in shock.

amc80

Ideal_Rock

missrachelk|1328732506|3121855 said:
Ok ladies we had the us! I am somewhere between 5-6 weeks. We saw the sac and a teeny yolk sac inside. No HB yet. I'll go back next we'd to hopefully see that HB and get a due date. I can't wait to find out- dh's bday
is 10-4 and it looks like the little one will. E coming around that time too!

Then RE is gonna cut me loose so ive got to choose an OB right away! I'm still not sure what hospital I want to deliver at or what may happen with my job and insurance. I guess I'll do some research and try to casually ask a few friends about their experiences

My nurse at the re cautioned me against the midwife practice I'd been to just because he caliber of the hospital they deliver at is so much below the rest that are in the city. She said the care would be great if everything went well but if anything was complicated I'd want to be somewhere else.

So much to think about!

When did it start to seem real to everyone? I'm still in shock.

Congrats!!! I'm shocked there's only one in there. As far as when it became real...definitely not until the last week or so. I think the NT scan helped a lot because the baby looks like a baby, and not just a blob. It still hasn't 100% sunk in, but I think it will once I start to have some sort of bump. Maybe when I make the move to maternity clothes? Who knows, it's all very strange.

Missy0483

Brilliant_Rock
Re:

Congrats Rachel! I think it started to feel real for me around 13 weeks when I switched to maternity jeans. My regular jeans no longer buttoned! My bump started getting bigger from that point too so that helped. I didn't have an NT scan so I went from 6 weeks to almost 21 weeks without seeing baby! My flutters (what I finally knew for sure wasn't gas!) started around 19/20 weeks too and I'm feeling "kicks" recently. So cool. Lots of excitement to come for you and everyone else in this thread! :D

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock

fisherofmengirly|1328666939|3121306 said:
Mannequin!!! Hi, friend! How are you? What are you up to? Are you a mama? Did you marry the good guy yet? I need an update!

Fishie - everything is going well. I married the great guy 14 months ago in a beautiful vintage inspired wedding. We're expecting our baby boy Weston to arrive just before St. Patty's Day next month. :D I've been posting in the big preggo thread, though sporadically because we are down to one laptop at home. I have had an easy pregnancy and am hoping for delivery to go well, too. I get to help interview for long term subs tomorrow for my middle school students. I can't believe my maternity leave will be starting so soon!

I noticed some anterior placenta questions on this page of posts - I was told I had one and I never have a problem feeling movements from my 35 weeker. A friend of mine was also anterior, and hardly felt any movement during the whole pregnancy because her little one camped out against her back. Sometimes in earlier weeks, it was harder for the doc to hear my little boy's heartbeat because of where he and the placenta happened to be in relation to each other. I didn't start feeling big movements until about 20 weeks or so - the first time I realized the movements were "baby" and not "body", the baby had hiccups! :lol:

missrachelk

Shiny_Rock
Re:

OK JBP'ers it's question time!

Those experienced with prometrium - I was told to use 2 per day - what kind of interval do most people use? I figure one in the evening and one in the morning when getting ready for work. Anything to be aware of when using it (besides using a pantiliner of course) side effects or anything?

And crampy type feelings are perfectly normal, right? I feel like I recently read (not sure whether it was here or somewhere else) that crampy is really the only feeling the uterus can give us so it will feel that way because it's growing and doing a lot, not only if something is going wrong. I'm not having bad pain at all but intermittent achy crampy feelings. Just wondering.

What's the theory about position of the baby in ultrasounds and gender prediction? I'd love to play the game! I am rooting for a girl but I will be over the moon either way (and my brother has 2 girls so a boy wold be great for my Dad)

When did MS kick in for you guys? I feel great so far (knock on wood) but I anticipate the bottom dropping out on me at any time. I definitely have noticed taht I'll get hungry more suddenly and feel more NEED TO EAT whereas I used to fairly regularly not eat breakfast till 10am and either skip lunch or eat at 3.

I think that's all I have for now.

I'm off to try to research OB's and hospitals

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock

Buttons|1328703686|3121579 said:
Hello Barely Preggos!

I'm a long time member but I'm using a new username for a little privacy (I've put my old username in my sig just for a few days ;)) )

Dipping my toes in here, I'm 8 weeks + 2 days today, due September 17th. Nervous but excited!!!

I wanted to say a particular congrats to fisher, I've followed your story since even before I joined PS and I am just overjoyed to see your news! :appl: :appl: :appl:

Wishing everyone a happy and healthy 9 months :wavey:

YAYYYYYY, congrats YOU!!! :appl:

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Re:

That's what the nurse told me about the uterus.... crampy feelings are the only *feeling* it can give. Sharp pain is bad, dull throbby pain is good. Means the baby is growing! :)

Votes....

I vote girl for everyone except AMC and NovemberBride. Two girls for Kunzite. Yep.

So, at what point in pregnancy does one move from trans vaginal ultrasound to abdominal?

(Sorry for all the typos I've been posting- I really do know how to spell & type, but it's easy to miss a mistake from my phone.)

Buttons

Shiny_Rock

Skippy|1328752827|3122111 said:
YAYYYYYY, congrats YOU!!! :appl:

Thanks Skippy! :wavey: And lizzyann too, thanks for the welcome :bigsmile:

Fisher I haven't had any ultrasounds but I think I read somewhere that the switch to abdominal can happen around 6 weeks? I could be way wrong though!

For the ladies who are a bit further along than me, when did you find the morning (and noon and night!) sickness eased up? I am very nauseous and dizzy all the time and the headaches are killing me!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results