shape
carat
color
clarity

"Just Barely" Pregnant PS''ers

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Re:

Lizzy, thank you so much for sharing your experience with me. I felt really guilty asking & hope it wasn't too hard to think about the bad times, but maybe not too difficult now that things are going so well. (so thrilled for you!)

I'm now kind of wishing I'd just stopped the progesterone but just did what my doc recommended. The idea of having to wait several weeks was pretty awful.
My insurance covers iui (unlimited) but does not cover IVF. So I think we'll give iui at least another shot (or 2 if needed) before thinking of moving on.

The nurse finally got back to me. They want me to take another dose of misoprostol tomorrow morning, then come in for a follow up appointment (u/s & maybe bloodwork) on Monday. I'd really hoped I would be finished with this by the weekend, but it seems that's not to be.

megumic

Brilliant_Rock
Re:

Bright, glad they finally called you back. I wonder why things didn't progress after the first dose. For me, it took about two weeks from the first instance of bad news to th m/c starting. I had more cramping than normal and passed clots, but i didnt bleed an overwhelming amount. I tooI had a sac that had a yolk but no fetal pole. And then it took about 10 more days for my beta to go down to an 8. I hope things go okay this weekend and progress so you can move along. I hope you can relax and take the time you need to process this over the weekend. We are all thinking about you.

megumic

Brilliant_Rock
Re:

Lizzy, so glad to hear the great news!! Yay away! You and DH must be thrilled!

I told the judge I work for today that I'm preg. I have three drs appts next week - NT scan, endocrinologist and then MFM. Sooo I had to tell him why I was missing so much work. He was congratulatory and excited for me and my DH and we chatted about being pregnant and stuff for about 30 mins. So I think it went well!

Now just hanging on til Wednesday for the NT scan.

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Re:

Meg, thanks so much for sharing your experience. People don't really talk about this IRL so it's hard to know what's "normal." That must've been so difficult to wait the 2 weeks to mc. I'm sorry you had to go through that, but so happy all is well now!

I don't know why things didn't progress for me either, though, from what I've read of others' experiences online, it seems like my dose was on the lower side. Hopefully the second dose will do the trick. Wish me luck. :errrr:

megumic

Brilliant_Rock
Re:

Bright, any update? Did things finally progress? I think you had an appt today. Let us know.

Amc, thinking of you as we're both just a day or so away from our Nt scans!

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Re: Re:

megumic|1328035812|3115689 said:
Amc, thinking of you as we're both just a day or so away from our Nt scans!

Thank you! Can't wait for Thursday at 4pm!! You're lucky that yours is tomorrow, it seems SO much sooner! Ha. Be sure to let us know how it goes!

BTW, I'm 12 weeks today, woohoo! Officially out of the first trimester (if using developmental trimesters). Of course I've had nausea pretty much non-stop since yesterday at 2pm, so just about 24 hours now.

Oh, I wanted to mention- Babies R Us is having their semi-annual trade in event. It's an awesome deal- trade used baby gear and get a 25% off coupon towards new stuff. So you can go to the thrift store or a garage sale and buy a cheap stroller or bouncer, and trade it in and get 25% off on a crib or travel system or whatever. I think it's way too early to be buying stuff, but saving $50 on our travel system sounds pretty nice. The next sale wont be until September, which, of course, is too late for me. Decisions, decisions.

Hope everyone else is doing well. It's been so quiet around here!

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Re:

Meg, thanks for asking. Things haven't progressed beyond brown spotting for me. I go in for a d&c on Friday.

Good luck to you & Amc on your scans!

amc80

Ideal_Rock

BrightSpot|1328048407|3115856 said:
Meg, thanks for asking. Things haven't progressed beyond brown spotting for me. I go in for a d&c on Friday.
So sorry you are going through this...

I forgot to mention in my last post- I told my close friends today. I emailed all of them and it's been really fun getting their responses. We are going public on Thursday night after the NT scan. I think I'll post an u/s pic on facebook and say something like "Looks like we have one more wedding present on the way. Baby C will be here in August!"

I've been debating how to tell my work people. I've decided I'll just go into the manager's office (my boss's boss) with an u/s pic. She's SOOO loud that everyone else will hear. Much less work for me. :)

sugarpie honeybun

Shiny_Rock
Re:

Bright - I continue to keep you in my thoughts. I am so sorry you are going through this. Continue to remain strong.

------------------------------

I think it might be time for me to join the other thread now that I'm over 18 weeks. :o
But I wanted to post a quick note since we found out this AM we're having a GIRL! :love: :love: :love: :love:
That must explain the awful MS, acne, etc. We're over the moon to have one of each.

I will continue to read this thread and continue to pray for stickies for each and every one of you.

ChinaCat

Brilliant_Rock
Re:

SUGARPIE! :o :o :o :appl: :appl: :appl: You're having a GIRL! Yay. Come over, come over, I've been waiting for you. Now I'm SO curious to see what I've got baking. How are you feeling?

amc80

Ideal_Rock

sugarpie honeybun|1328112157|3116389 said:
But I wanted to post a quick note since we found out this AM we're having a GIRL! :love: :love: :love: :love:
That must explain the awful MS, acne, etc.

Congrats!!! If there's any truth to that then I'm having a girl as well. :)

Humpday Bumpday! I swear, my "bump" is less bumpy than last week. It's like my entire torso is expanding, not just the bottom part.

week12.JPG

sugarpie honeybun

Shiny_Rock
Re:

Thanks girls! My gut told me we were having a girl based on the totally different pregnancy symptoms from my first pregnancy. I know "every pregnancy is different" but I just had a feeling. We're especially happy since we're only having 2 kiddos.

China - I can't wait to find out what you're having! My gut tells me you are also having a girl! I can't wait to hear after you open the infamous envelope! :))

I'm feeling much better now, minus the occasional migraine. I'm still asleep every night by 9pm, but I also work long days and spend the rest of the time chasing our son.

Will officially jump over to the other thread tonight when I get home from work and can make a more formal introduction. :bigsmile:

Missy0483

Brilliant_Rock
Re:

Sugarpie!!! Yay! Maybe I could be having a boy then since I got no sickness, nausea or anything to speak of!

K, here we go! Belly has outgrown my boobs. Ahhh! Everyone tells me BOY, no questions. We shall see! Oh and I forgot to come back here and post about my 20 week u/s. Attaching a pic of the u/s too. We got to see baby waving at us before the tech finished the scan :love: sadly I don't have a picture of that though. They act like printing pictures on that flimsy paper costs SO much money. Come on now, don't be so stingy! I got 2 pics that basically look the same :roll:

IMAG0446.jpg

untitled.png

ChinaCat

Brilliant_Rock
Re:

Sugarpie- Same here- we are only having 2. I can't decide if I want a girl or a boy. I have no intuition this time around (with O I had no doubts it was a boy). If I had to guess I'd say girl, based on what you said, but lately I'm thinking maybe it hasn't been that different and I just don't remember. Are you carrying higher or lower, can you tell? Either way, I'm so excited for you!

And same same same, feeling ok now just exhausted with the occasional migraine.

Missy- I totally think you're having a boy.

Missy0483

Brilliant_Rock
Re:

China - Any reason for that? I can't tell if I'm carrying high or not. I'm hoping boy too, only because we're struggling with a girl name as you saw in the other thread!

ChinaCat

Brilliant_Rock
Re:

Missy- No real reason, just intuition! Your pregnancy sounds like my first one, and I had a boy. Plus your bump is high and round like a basketball. All old wives tales, of course, but that's my guess!

megumic

Brilliant_Rock
Re:

hiii ladies!

Missy great belly shot! I have no thoughts about what you're having, but you're very lucky to have had such a smooth pregnancy thus far. The babe looks great! What a cutie!

Sugarpie, congrats on the girl news! That is soo exciting!

China, when will you open the envelope???

Amc, I hear you re the torso expanding! Pre-preggo I had a very small waist and it has already expanded so much so that my work shift dresses make me look like a sausage! Grrr! But still no real bump. I can tell I have like a FUPA situation going on, but most others cannot tell. I'm excited for your NT tomorrow!

Who did I miss? My brain has started to lose train of thought lately...

AFM, today was NT scan. The tech who did it was NOT nice. Every time the baby would move I would giggle and she would get upset, saying that she couldn't get the measurements and that she had other patients so that I had to STOP moving RIGHT NOW. Ugh. It upset me so much. So I had to close my eyes and bite my tongue so I wouldn't laugh from excitement so I hardly got to see the babe ;( But DH got to see the lil bugger squirming about and he said it was just amazing! The neck fluid measured out at 1.2 cm, so the Dr was very pleased with that. I was measuring 12weeks exactly, which is 8 days ahead of schedule, however, he did not adjust my due date as he prefers to have a long window come delivery time rather than a short window. Tomorrow I see my endocrinologist and hope to stop my thyroid meds, and then I see the MFM on Friday. Hoping all go well and smoothly at this point and it's smooth sailing!

That said, I wanted to ask everyonne else about this. Now that we're at 12 weeks and the NT scan went well, it's around the time when most ppl usually share the news. For some reason, the idea of sharing the news causes me anxiety and to feel pressure. Kind of like other people knowing stresses me out, and I'm definitely not a particularly private person. Does anyone else feel this way? Don't get me wrong, I am excited to have a baby and thrilled all is going well, but just don't feel like having others know for some reason and I really don''t know why it makes me feel stressed out...am I alone here??

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Re:

Meg I felt like that too. I didn't tell anyone at work and my broader social circle with Ryder until I was about 18 weeks 8)

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock

Dreamer_D|1328162788|3117079 said:
Meg I felt like that too. I didn't tell anyone at work and my broader social circle with Ryder until I was about 18 weeks 8)

Same here..if I could have waited longer I would have but people were guessing at work. In my case I am a private person...

@China - how are you? I'm not here that much but keep checking to see if you've opened the envelope..........

amc80

Ideal_Rock

megumic|1328145683|3116874 said:
Amc, I hear you re the torso expanding! Pre-preggo I had a very small waist and it has already expanded so much so that my work shift dresses make me look like a sausage! Grrr! But still no real bump. I can tell I have like a FUPA situation going on, but most others cannot tell. I'm excited for your NT tomorrow!

Thanks! Sorry to hear yours didn't go quite as you expected. I guess at the end of the day the important thing is that you have a healthy baby, and it appears that's what you've got. So yay! I'm really excited for mine. They actually just called and asked if I could move the appointment up to 3:15 (it's a 4). I wish I could, I'd love to shave 45 minutes off my wait time! But I have a meeting at work until 3, so that would really be pushing it (aka impossible). Oh well.

So yeah, no real bump! Actually if I push out my stomach it looks like I'm about 5-6 months pregnant. A lovely preggo belly. But when I'm normal I just look bigger all over. Boo. Hopefully I get a bump soon!

ChinaCat

Brilliant_Rock
Re:

Meg- Sorry your tech was a grump, but good news is good news. I pretty much think any emotion is "normal" during pregnancy- and that includes feelings that seem "abnormal". I have had a hard time telling people with both my pregnancies- it just feels private and then they start looking at your belly and you become the pregnant girl, which is always weird to me. Tell people when you feel ready and don't feel bad about it!!! This is your pregnancy, do it the way you want. Opening envelope in March! Will keep you posted.

Janine- :wavey: Hi! Miss seeing your updates as well. How are C & A doing? Any tips for second kiddos? We are going to open the envelope the first weekend in March on a trip to Santa Barbara. I will come back and post, so watch this space! Or the preggo board.

AMC- First go round my bump didn't really show up until 20-22 weeks. You'll get there though! Enjoy your flat belly and regular jeans while you can. :cheeky:

PetitiePoire

Shiny_Rock
Re:

Meg- I'm currently 19 weeks and still havent expanded my small circle of people who know. I'm excited about the baby, but it feels weird to just email/call randomly just to say I'm pregnant. I like for it to happen organically, but I do worry that some people may take it wrong and think I just didn't tell them on purpose. I just get so anxious and still worrry I'll jinx it or something. Lol. I keep saying "after the next appointment"...

Hi to the other ladies!! I read over here and the preggo thread, but I am a terrible poster. I hope you all are well! Everything is great with me. We are having a girl, so I am beyond thrilled!

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock

ChinaCat|1328204185|3117381 said:
Meg- Sorry your tech was a grump, but good news is good news. I pretty much think any emotion is "normal" during pregnancy- and that includes feelings that seem "abnormal". I have had a hard time telling people with both my pregnancies- it just feels private and then they start looking at your belly and you become the pregnant girl, which is always weird to me. Tell people when you feel ready and don't feel bad about it!!! This is your pregnancy, do it the way you want. Opening envelope in March! Will keep you posted.

Janine- :wavey: Hi! Miss seeing your updates as well. How are C & A doing? Any tips for second kiddos? We are going to open the envelope the first weekend in March on a trip to Santa Barbara. I will come back and post, so watch this space! Or the preggo board.

AMC- First go round my bump didn't really show up until 20-22 weeks. You'll get there though! Enjoy your flat belly and regular jeans while you can. :cheeky:

Yay on your plans for the envelope opening..I will be checking back!
Tips on 2 kiddos..hmmm - well the big thing is the oldest is the more challenging one! I guess we got lucky but A is a breeze and just a happy smiling baby who likes to sleep. And of course all moms are more laid back the 2nd time around. But C is at that age (3) and she is definitely a bit jealous so that's been challenging - she wants more attention than ever and been reclaiming old baby toys and pointing out what she did *better* when she was a baby, lol. Overall it's been fun and never a dull moment! I still can't believe I have 2 kids though.Can't wait to check back in in March and so glad you're doing so great!!

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Re:

Hi ladies! Sorry I have been missing in action. My hubby has been traveling a lot so I haven't had much time to write but I have been checking in!

Janine, so glad to hear from you and that you are enjoying being a mom of 2. I also worry that there might be some jealousy from my 3 year old too as he has had me all to himself. But he is very loving so I know he will be a great big brother once he gets used to the idea of a new baby.

Pp, congrats on a girl! Tell people when you are ready. Sao many people know we have been trying for awhile so when I get asked the question about how it is going I usually confess!

China, you have serious will power waiting to open that envelope. I still think we aren't going to find out. The next ultrasound will be at close to 19 weeks so we will have to be sure before we go in there. I hope we don't cave!

AMc, good luck at your nt scan tomorrow! Do you also have the blood work to do along with the nt? My results of the blood work took about a week to get back. The wait seemed like forever but once I got the results I was so relieved. That's when we told our close friends. I think we are going to tell the rest of our friends and Facebook community over the weeken! Very exciting time! Oh and don't worry your belly will pop before you know it and before you know it you can't see your swollen ankles or tie your own shoes!

Meg, congrats on a successful nt scan. Sorry the tech sucked but at least you have a healthy little one. Did you also do the blood work along with the nt? My results took about a week to get back. My dr. Refers to the end of the first trimester at 14 weeks so that is generally when I tell people. This time around I waited a little longer and will most likely finish telling people this weekend.

Missy, you look great! Oh and I also guessed boy right from the beginning for you! Time will tell!

Sugar pie, congrats on a girl! I have also had a girl feeling from the beginning. With my son, I had no doubt he was a boy right from conception. We shall see... I have also had a lot more morning sickness and acne this go round too!

Afm, I had my 15 week appt today. I am back at my starting weight now. I had lost some weight in the first two months, so I am back on track now. I heard the heartbeat and asked some questions regarding air travel. We really would like to take a family trip to Clearwater beach Florida in march so i Wanted to be sure it would be safe and I got the green light. Any moms travel when they were pregnant? Any tips? I scheduled my anatomy scan in about a month and got my lab slip for the last round of bloodwork for my combined screening. I have had some pain in my left hip so the doctor confirmed it is sciatic issues. I was advised to wait on highlighting my hair till after 18 weeks, no big deal! I also spoke to the doctor regarding my anterior placenta. He says there is no risk involved but that it may not be as easy to feel the baby move as it was the first go round. As along as baby is safe then it is all good! I will be 15 weeks tomorrow so I think I am going to make my way over to the big girl thread. Can't wait to see you all there soon too!

ChinaCat

Brilliant_Rock
Re:

Janine- Yep, O will be almost 3 so I worry about that for sure. He went from acting excited about a baby to saying "Nope nope nope" with a very decisive shake of the head if I ask him about another baby. So glad to hear that A is a sweet and easy baby! My BFF has two daughters, ages almost 3 and 1 and she sent me a pic of them today snuggled up together. My heart melted- there is something so wonderful about sisters. Her first also sounds like C, but is coming around to baby sister.

Lizzy- Yay for 15 weeks! I traveled in my last pregnancy a few times in the 2nd and 3rd tri and had no problems. I think you just need to get up and walk around occasionally. My dr cleared me to travel by air up to 34 weeks (which is a bit much for me, I think that's cutting it close) but I think it's relatively safe as long as you have no issues.

Also I have an anterior placenta (both times I have) and it presented no issues for me. I started feeling kicks on this one around 20 weeks maybe? Maybe even earlier. Last time not till later, but you will feel them!

AMC- Good luck tomorrow, hope you get a good look at the little one. It's amazing the difference!

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Re:

China, thanks for the info on air travel and anterior placentas! When you went thru security at the airports did you go thru the metal detectors? I forgot to ask about that. One thing I have read about anterior placentas is that because the baby is towards your back your belly tends to not get as firm. With my ds, his back was right against my belly so I could always feel him there. Did you feel all of the punches and kicks later in pregnancy too? He said usually you feel more on your sides than the front of your belly. It will be interesting to feel the difference as the weeks go by.

ChinaCat

Brilliant_Rock
Re:

I did go through the regular detectors. I always ask if it's safe and let them know I'm pregnant though.

Anterior- Hmmm. Well I had/have it with both so I can't compare- BUT I felt tons of kicks and punches with O, I just felt it later. By the end you could see body parts and things moving. I have noticed the belly isn't as hard this time- but I thought that was just extra fat. :cheeky: I feel a lot of movement now and can definitely tell it's kicks and punches. I feel like I feel things in the front, but again, I don't have anything to compare it too. This one is much much lower and I can feel lots of movement in my lower belly. Also can feel kicks the bladder- not pleasant!

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Re:

My NT scan was great! Baby is measuring 2 days ahead (but really 4, since they are using LMP and I know when I O'd). NT measurement was 1.8, which is great. HB is 158. Funny thing- from the beginning I've been saying that when we get the anatomy scan there will probably be some comment that the baby has really long legs (DH is 6'7"). One of the first things the tech said was "wow, this baby has really long legs!". Ha! Baby looks like s/he is in a hammock- lounging with the legs up and crossed. The arms were up by the head, which is funny because that's how I sleep to. I tried to catch a glimse of some sort of nub, but no luck. Oh well!

US4.JPG

megumic

Brilliant_Rock
Re:

Great to hear Amc! What a cutie! Good news is just the best :))

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Re:

First post in a pregnancy thread as a preggo. Eek!!

Hello, fellow preggos. :)

I just found out this week that my husband and I are expecting our first baby! We took a LONG road to get here, and are thankful beyond words for the joy of this moment & phase of our lives.

We were TTC for nearly 4 years, and I underwent all the tests & I have irregular cycles. Doctor told us that was the only issue, and so what if it took a long time? There's a child within me! Yay!!! :)

Took the test Jan 31, went to the doctor the following morning for beta testing. That came back 491 & progesterone was 21.31, so I'm very excited! Had my follow up beta today, results Monday. Double baby, double.

I haven't read the stories here, but I will try to catch up as I go along.

Are there are other newly preggos around? I'm guessing I'm due October 6-9, based on FF.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results