shape
carat
color
clarity

"Just Barely" Pregnant PS''ers

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Re:

Just real quick; I was sick till the 14 or 15th week? hang in there it does get better. congrats again everyone!!! :bigsmile:

MuffDog

Shiny_Rock
Re: Re:

fisherofmengirly|1328783653|3122284 said:
That's what the nurse told me about the uterus.... crampy feelings are the only *feeling* it can give. Sharp pain is bad, dull throbby pain is good. Means the baby is growing! :)

Votes....

I vote girl for everyone except AMC and NovemberBride. Two girls for Kunzite. Yep.

So, at what point in pregnancy does one move from trans vaginal ultrasound to abdominal?

(Sorry for all the typos I've been posting- I really do know how to spell & type, but it's easy to miss a mistake from my phone.)

Fisher - I had trans vag at 6 weeks and abdominal at 12. If you have more in between I'm not sure when it switches. Glad you are feeling okay and that your numbers are excellent!

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Re:

Okay, I'm really curious to know why everyone is voting boy for me? We are sort of hoping for a boy (not that we really care all that much), but I was convinced for the first 12 weeks I was having a girl. I'd love to hear the basis of some of your guesses!

missrachelk said:
OK JBP'ers it's question time!What's the theory about position of the baby in ultrasounds and gender prediction? I'd love to play the game! I am rooting for a girl but I will be over the moon either way (and my brother has 2 girls so a boy wold be great for my Dad)

When did MS kick in for you guys? I feel great so far (knock on wood) but I anticipate the bottom dropping out on me at any time. I definitely have noticed taht I'll get hungry more suddenly and feel more NEED TO EAT whereas I used to fairly regularly not eat breakfast till 10am and either skip lunch or eat at 3.

A right side placental attachment = boy, left = girl. You have to be sure to ask the sonographer what side it's on, you can't always tell from the picture, especially if it's trans vag.

MS kicked in at 6 weeks. On the dot. As if it read the book on pregnancy. I woke up one day, had some nausea...now at 13 weeks I'm still hopefully waiting for it to go away completely.

fisherofmengirly said:
So, at what point in pregnancy does one move from trans vaginal ultrasound to abdominal?

I had an abdominal u/s at 11 weeks without any problems. Let me tell you, it's a much more pleasant experience than the other kind!

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Re:

OH!!! Not sure how I didn't mention this...since it is PS...Yesterday UPS came by and tried to deliver a package, but needed a signature. I called UPS to have them hold it so I could pick it up today...and apparently it's from Tiffany! OMG. DH was like "um, is there something you need to tell me? Did you buy yourself something?" Nope! And the label is made out to both of us (Mr. & Mrs. AMC). So I'm thinking it's a wedding present or something? Baby present? I'm going at lunch to pick it up...can't wait!

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Re:

AMC, my placenta is on the left and I'm having a boy, so not sure if you can go by placenta attachment either. Or maybe I"m just a weirdo, which is entirely possible too! :) I'm no good at guessing sex, so I"m just going to stay out of the guessing game. Can't wait till you ladies find out!

ChinaCat

Brilliant_Rock
Re:

The thing that I don't get about the placement of the placenta and gender guessing is how do you know all u/s pics are taken from the same angle or side? Like the pics are taken from all sides/angles, right? So how do you know it's actually on the left or right?

Fisher- Bananas are fine! Most of the stuff you crave is most likely what your body needs. Unless you crave beer or a desire to eat dirt. :cheeky: Don't do that.

Buttons- Welcome! :wavey:

Rachel- Check out the preggo pops. Not gum, but might help. As for food and medicine- babycenter.com has a good list, and I usually check safefetus.org for medicines. Basic rules are: no alcohol, limited caffeine, no deli meat or hot dogs (unless steaming), no sushi, limited fish that contains mercury (like tuna), no soft or unpasteurized cheeses. I was pretty strict my first pregnancy, but have been less so in this one. No super hot baths. No ADVIL (or any ibuprofen) but Tylenol/acetaminaphin is fine. I would call my doctor before I took any medicine to be safe.

PPM- I think I was told I had an anterior placenta. First go round not until my 20 week scan, which I had suspected I had b/c I hadn't felt anything. Second time I was told at 12 week.

Ok now I'm being indecisive about guessing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I usually have more boy feelings, but this group has me feeling lots of girls. Hmmmm-

AMC- BOY- I just get a boy feeling from you, but your symptoms say girl. Still I'm going with intuition here.
Megumic- GIRL
PPM- GIRL
Lizzy- GIRL
Chinacat-??????????????
Kunzite- TWIN BOYS (But I want you to have B/G)
Fisher- GIRL, of course!!!
November- GIRL

I feel like there should be more boys in there, but there you go!

MuffDog

Shiny_Rock
Re:

I did that test (what side the placenta is on). It worked for me. It is called the Ramzi Theory ( you can google it if you want).

Basically, it has to be the 6 or so week ultrasound, and here is how it works:

Trans vaginal U/S: right (boy), left (girl)
Abdominal U/S: right (girl), left (boy).

There are a number of forums where you can see a bunch of examples and it is often right. Of course, some attach near the middle so it is hard to guess then. :)

Post your 6 w ultrasounds and let's get guessing!

As an example, here was mine:

6 weeks.JPG

MuffDog

Shiny_Rock
Re:

...and I'm having a boy!

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Re:

Here was my 7w u/s-

7w us big.JPG

ChinaCat

Brilliant_Rock
Re:

MuffDog- Help me out here! I don't see anything on your u/s. Ok, well baby obviously, but what am I looking for for the placenta? I can never see anything in U/S!

MuffDog

Shiny_Rock

ChinaCat|1328815811|3122532 said:
MuffDog- Help me out here! I don't see anything on your u/s. Ok, well baby obviously, but what am I looking for for the placenta? I can never see anything in U/S!

haha just look where the blob is. At 6 weeks, that is about all you'll see!

MuffDog

Shiny_Rock

amc80|1328815747|3122529 said:
Here was my 7w u/s-

Trans vaginal? If so, then the theory would say BOY for you!

mayerling

Ideal_Rock
Re:

Muffdog, do you mean that where the baby blob is is also where the placenta is?

Also, I had a transvaginal at 10w3d (baby ended up measuring 11w3d). Could I do the test or is it only for 6w ultrasounds?

MuffDog

Shiny_Rock

mayerling|1328819288|3122558 said:
Muffdog, do you mean that where the baby blob is is also where the placenta is?

Also, I had a transvaginal at 10w3d (baby ended up measuring 11w3d). Could I do the test or is it only for 6w ultrasounds?

Generally, yes. The placenta is where the blob is at 6 weeks. I'm not sure if it works with the 10/11 week ultrasound. From what I've read by that time the placenta has already started moving and it may not be as accurate.

ChinaCat

Brilliant_Rock
Re:

So the blog is the placenta, not the baby? :o I told you I can't read those things!!!!

Hmmm, not sure when my first u/s was. Will check tonight! Thanks MuffDog!!!

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Re:

Ok ladies, here are the results of our guessing game.

AMC - 6 votes boy, 1 vote girl
Meg - 1 vote boy, 6 votes girl
PPM - 1 vote boy, 6 votes girl
Lizzy - 2 votes boy, 5 votes girl
China - 2 votes boy, 4 votes girl
Kunzite - 2 votes boys, 4 votes boy/girl, 1 vote girls
Fisher - 3 votes boys, 4 votes girl
November - 2 votes boy, 2 votes girl (my vote was boy!)

Interesting results. From day 1 I have had a feeling on AMC having a boy, and Meg having a girl! We shall see!

If anyone has their 6 week u/s pics handy, post em! Muff, can you read them for us?! I'm no good at that!

Kunzite

Brilliant_Rock
Re:

Oh, Muff, try this one! :cheeky:

555556666666666777777777788888888889999999999101010101010101010101111111111111111111112121212124.jpg

MuffDog

Shiny_Rock

ChinaCat|1328821087|3122581 said:
So the blog is the placenta, not the baby? :o I told you I can't read those things!!!!

Hmmm, not sure when my first u/s was. Will check tonight! Thanks MuffDog!!!

I think the blob is part baby, part placenta :)

MuffDog

Shiny_Rock

Kunzite|1328825710|3122641 said:
Oh, Muff, try this one! :cheeky:

555556666666666777777777788888888889999999999101010101010101010101111111111111111111112121212124.jpg

See - now they are closer to the middle so I can't be sure but I'm going to throw my hat in the ring and guess BOY + BOY.

megumic

Brilliant_Rock
Re:

Hah, everyone thinks I'm having a girl and I think I'm having a girl. DH thinks boy...Muff, what says the early u/s???

6 weeks.jpg

MuffDog

Shiny_Rock

megumic|1328833118|3122767 said:
Hah, everyone thinks I'm having a girl and I think I'm having a girl. DH thinks boy...Muff, what says the early u/s???

I'm going to go girl if that was trans vag. I don't know what that floater is in the middle though so I"m just ignoring it!

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Re:

Ok muffdog, here is my 6wk u/s done transvaginally....what do you say??!!

6wkgender.JPG

megumic

Brilliant_Rock

MuffDog|1328833278|3122771 said:
megumic|1328833118|3122767 said:

I'm going to go girl if that was trans vag. I don't know what that floater is in the middle though so I"m just ignoring it!

Yes, it was trans vag. The floater is a perfect shot of the yolk sac! When the Dr zoomed in, you could even see a squiggly line running from the baby to the sac - it was amazing! I'm thinking pink too :))

MuffDog

Shiny_Rock

lizzyann|1328833941|3122779 said:
Ok muffdog, here is my 6wk u/s done transvaginally....what do you say??!!

Lizzy - I can't tell from that pic. Sorry lady!

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Re:

Aww, look at all these tiny babies! :)

I won't have a US til about 8 weeks, so I don't get to play. :(

Did you guys get 6 week and 8 week -4 or did it jump straight to 12? I've seen some 8 week pics that are already so detailed. :) love watching babies grow!

And I wonder how far along I really am. 19 days til picture time! :) :)

Buttons

Shiny_Rock
Re:

Six more weeks of morning sickness?!? Yikes! I've been pinned to the couch or the bed for the last four weeks, I do not fancy another six weeks of this... Although the last couple of days it has been a little bit better. Hope I haven't jinxed it now by saying that 'out loud'!

This ultrasound stuff is fascinating!!! No ultrasound for me until almost 12 weeks.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Re:

Good morning all! Happy Friday!! I'm doing fine. I really don't feel any different at all except for occasional waves of nausea if I don't eat. Hoping MS never kicks in.

Guys, I really have a dilemma. I just started a new job this past Monday!!! The worst part is that I'm working for my own personal OB/GYN (I'm an NP)!!!! As in he's "MY" doctor and has been for the past 10 yrs!!!! So I'm going to have to tell him I'm KU sooner than later. UGH!! I know he will be happy for me, but I'm sure part of him is going to be like "WTF?" So I'm seriously stressing about that.

I keep POAS every few days just to check and see if its still there, and the test line is definitely darker today then it was the other day. I know that doesn't mean tons, but still.

TGIF, have a awesome weekend everyone!!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: Hope you're all feeling great!!!!

2012-02-10 07.59.15.jpg

Missy0483

Brilliant_Rock
Re:

Nothing much to say besides....this thread is hopping!!!! And all the u/s pics are fun to look at!!! Congrats on the recent newly pregnant ladies! I don't think I had a chance to individually welcome all of you!

I felt kicks last night like crazy, and on the outside too! I swear one felt just like a hand or foot sweeping across from the inside. SO weird to feel and it made me jump a little haha. Of course he/she was really active around 3:30am and DH was out on a firecall, boooo! He's a volunteer fire fighter, so he leaves at anytime of the night!

22w5d today (I don't really belong here, but still like to keep up with my "Just Barely" bunch! :D)

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Re:

Holy cow. Yesterday I had a bit of a cold and had the worst m/s I've had in weeks. I ended up throwing in the towel and leaving work at 11:30. I slept all afternoon. Woke up still feeling horrible. It lasted ALL day long. Thankfully, I'm feeling better today. Apparently baby didn't get the memo that we're in the 2nd trimester!

Missy0483

Brilliant_Rock
Re:

AMC - Wow! I feel so sorry for you. Baby has been cooperating with me so well this whole time, I'm just praying he/she has the same attitude after he/she is born!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results