shape
carat
color
clarity

Jewelry bucket list -- what have you gotten, what's left to find?!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awww thanks Missy, you have a pretty amazing collection yourself! (Loving the new earrings btw)

Thank you @RosieR. I am going to share some photos because I just realized Dee asked for them if we were so inclined and being PS I am definitely happy to share. Please share more of your bucket list item photos if you are in the mood. The more photos the better :)

What bucket list items do you have already?

Bonus points for pictures and interesting stories!

Since I just realized photos were requested by @Dee*Jay in the thread title and I neglected to share those.

Since this is PS and our unofficial motto is
457492dro0rb016c.gif

Here are photos of my completed jewelry bucket list.

4.52 ctw Edwardian studs with my 4.93 ct OEC ER.

bubbalahmaryannandgingerinfrontyard.png

My Cartier Black Opal ring from 1972.

0E63A662-8690-4094-B3F4-1D5C7D5A2F76.jpeg

My antique OMC earrings.

Screen Shot 2021-01-31 at 7.02.46 AM.png

Antique pear earrings from Lang, antique sapphire and diamond earrings from Park Place antiques, ruby earrings from melonypino, antique omc drops from Park Place, OMC and OEC drops from JbG, to name a few.
Screen Shot 2021-01-31 at 7.02.17 AM.png

A close up of a few of my favorites...
Screen Shot 2021-01-31 at 7.20.39 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-01-31 at 7.21.50 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-01-31 at 7.20.02 AM.png

I took some of the earring photos from my IG account as I can find them easier there than on my computer. My organizational/labeling photo skills need work lol.

Screen Shot 2021-01-31 at 7.24.04 AM.png

Not all my earrings but this is the best I could do for now.

Almsot forgot my sapphire aquamarine diamond necklace my DH got me for my 40th birthday. A long time ago.

sapphireaquamarinediamondnecklacefromdh.jpeg

I also have a Cartier Tank and Rolex watch (among others some of them antique watches from my grandmother and Greg's grandmother) but I haven't worn watches since 2014 or so.

cartiertankandrolexwatch.jpg

A few of my older watches.
oldwatches.jpg.png

One last photo of Bubbalah not sharing the spotlight.

bubbalahhikinginthewoodswithus.png

No interesting stories to share per se but for the fact that almost everything I have (but for Bubbalah and the studs) was not planned but rather found accidentally/spontaneously and not on a "bucket" list.

All my delicious earrings were just spur of the moment purchases so to speak. I don't make jewelry lists per se. For bling I just go with my heart usually. I see something, I fall in love, I make it mine. If I can.

With the exception of wanting an ER upgrade after I got Bea and finding Bubbalah and waiting 2 years or so to make her mine. One of the few "calculated" if you will purchases I have made concerning bling. That is the only interesting "story" I have to share about my bling.

Please share your pics too. :)

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmmm, I’m pretty content with where my colored stone collection is. I have my HG pad, red spinel, and star sapphire along with other pieces I love. I wouldn’t mind a bigger black opal that has similar color play to my current one that’s only .8ct.

I’m happy where I am diamond wise as well though I may still buy an antique pear if the right one comes along.

Most of my want list now is pearl related. I have this ombré strand of Tahitians and gem akoyas on the way:

As well as components to make a predominantly Tahitian harvest strand (will mix in some akoyas for contrast and small SS gold keshi for contrast I think)
809257 809258

And when bling fund recovers I’d be interested in getting a large gold SS keshi strand like this

And of course also on the wishlist is hunting for cool clasps to finish off these pearl strands. Would love to find some antique diamond components to turn into clasps!

Made in London

Brilliant_Rock
Every time I think that I have everything I could possibly want, something else pops into my mind that I have to have. The trouble with that is that it's difficult to find the time to wear it all :D

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Every time I think that I have everything I could possibly want, something else pops into my mind that I have to have. The trouble with that is that it's difficult to find the time to wear it all :D

Am I weird in that I just enjoy looking at my jewelry at times? That I don't always have to wear it to get pleasure from it? Wait, don't answer that haha.

But it's true. Sometimes I just gaze at my pieces enjoying them even if I am not wearing them. :)

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Am I weird in that I just enjoy looking at my jewelry at times? That I don't always have to wear it to get pleasure from it? Wait, don't answer that haha.

But it's true. Sometimes I just gaze at my pieces enjoying them even if I am not wearing them. :)

You are not alone - I enjoy taking mine out from time to time just to admire them and be thankful that they are mine.

DK :))

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Settings, re-set settings, re-set-re-set settings. Settingssettingssettings.

Did I mention I have over 10ctw of unset diamonds lying around??! ... :roll2: ...

I'd like to re-set my EC, but am going back and forth on it.

I need a yellow diamond small stud for my outer piercing to wear with my re-set EC (if I ever do it).

I want to re-set my purple spinel into a thin ruby halo, then a bigger diamond halo.

I want to use a bunch of my diamonds to make pave mosaic studs.

I want to do a pave-mosaic heart pendant.

I have a perfect set of colorless VS /VVS GIA certified super ideal 26 and 27 pointers, with which I want to make an anniversary band. Or maybe the hoop earrings to end all hoop earrings. Think: AGBF's diamond hoop stunners. Woo hoooooo!

I'm replacing the center stone in my Christmas ring with something cleaner and larger, which is currently being cut by Jeff White.

I have some gorgeous rubellites, with which I want to make snowflake studs...and use up some of my diamond melee!

I want to set my 1.09 F VS2 Ascendancy diamond into my Gloria Floria design.

I want to tweak a bracelet I have and add a charm to it.

With any leftover melee, I want to make an asymmetric necklace, which I'll use to hang the mosaic pendant.

And I want to finish my enamel charm bracelet. OR DIE. This one is actually going back to DKJ this week to be done. I love this bracelet. Or - at least - I *will* love this bracelet when it's done!

Before the Humira bad news, I had hoped to do most of these this year. Now I'm hoping to do maybe...4 or 5? Probably the enamel bracelet, the Gloria Floria, the snowflake earings, adding the charm to my otherwise-plain bracelet and, lastly, tweaking my Christmas ring - since the new center is already being cut for it. Next year will be the EC reset, the yellow diamond stud, the mosaic earrings, and the spinel re-set. The heart pendant and the anniversary ring will, I suspect, just sort of happen somewhere along the way - possibly/probably my birthday the following year. But the asymmetric necklace, which will be a huge amount of work and cost a motsa, will probably be for my 40th anniversary in 3 years.

Above all things, I want blue pearls. But I'm starting to think that's a pipe dream, so it's not even on the list. We'll see, tho. I have someone who I think *might* be able to pull the proverbial bunny - so I'm waiting with my fingers crossed. Gotta resolve some health things first, tho, so the jewelry is not at the head of the queue as yet.

But all good things.... :bigsmile:

ETA Do not pull bunnies - out of hats or anything. They dislike it and it makes them cross and persnickety.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You are not alone - I enjoy taking mine out from time to time just to admire them and be thankful that they are mine.

I am glad I am not the only one lol. I was speaking to my girlfriend LLJ yesterday and we were talking about my studs. And at the moment I am home most of the time and rarely wear jewelry in the house. I just prefer being unencumbered that way in the house. The cats are all over me etc. But I was telling her how I take MaryAnn and Ginger out and gaze at them and move the jewelry box to see their pretty chunky facets in action and I am mesmerized by them. Even when not wearing them and when I am not wearing them I can better appreciate them haha since they are not on my ears where I cannot see them. :wink2:

RosieR

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hmmm, I’m pretty content with where my colored stone collection is. I have my HG pad, red spinel, and star sapphire along with other pieces I love. I wouldn’t mind a bigger black opal that has similar color play to my current one that’s only .8ct.

I’m happy where I am diamond wise as well though I may still buy an antique pear if the right one comes along.

Most of my want list now is pearl related. I have this ombré strand of Tahitians and gem akoyas on the way:
BAA5FF33-E436-42F5-BCA1-1396E34599B9.jpeg

As well as components to make a predominantly Tahitian harvest strand (will mix in some akoyas for contrast and small SS gold keshi for contrast I think)
F97957C3-7254-4493-BDA0-863D4EF6368E.png 860203EA-D8E4-4D94-B5C3-CF7C0387B519.png

And when bling fund recovers I’d be interested in getting a large gold SS keshi strand like this
09754C6A-4815-4D7D-A1C7-56C34708A009.jpeg

And of course also on the wishlist is hunting for cool clasps to finish off these pearl strands. Would love to find some antique diamond components to turn into clasps!

Those ombré pearls are amazing! Please post pics when you get them :kiss2:

RosieR

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Did I mention I have over 10ctw of unset diamonds lying around??! ... :roll2: ...

I need a yellow diamond small stud for my outer piercing to wear with my re-set EC (if I ever do it).

I want to re-set my purple spinel into a thin ruby halo, then a bigger diamond halo.

I have a perfect set of colorless VS /VVS GIA certified super ideal 26 and 27 pointers, with which I want to make an anniversary band. Or maybe the hoop earrings to end all hoop earrings. Think: AGBF's diamond hoop stunners. Woo hoooooo!

I'm replacing the center stone in my Christmas ring with something cleaner and larger, which is currently being cut by Jeff White.

I have some gorgeous rubellites, with which I want to make snowflake studs...and use up some of my diamond melee!

With any leftover melee, I want to make an asymmetric necklace, which I'll use to hang the mosaic pendant.

And I want to finish my enamel charm bracelet. OR DIE. This one is actually going back to DKJ this week to be done. I love this bracelet. Or - at least - I *will* love this bracelet when it's done!

Before the Humira bad news, I had hoped to do most of these this year. Now I'm hoping to do maybe...4 or 5? Probably the enamel bracelet, the Gloria Floria, the snowflake earings, adding the charm to my otherwise-plain bracelet and, lastly, tweaking my Christmas ring - since the new center is already being cut for it. Next year will be the EC reset, the yellow diamond stud, the mosaic earrings, and the spinel re-set. The heart pendant and the anniversary ring will, I suspect, just sort of happen somewhere along the way - possibly/probably my birthday the following year. But the asymmetric necklace, which will be a huge amount of work and cost a motsa, will probably be for my 40th anniversary in 3 years.

Above all things, I want blue pearls. But I'm starting to think that's a pipe dream, so it's not even on the list. We'll see, tho. I have someone who I think *might* be able to pull the proverbial bunny - so I'm waiting with my fingers crossed. Gotta resolve some health things first, tho, so the jewelry is not at the head of the queue as yet.

ETA Do not pull bunnies - out of hats or anything. They dislike it and it makes them cross and persnickety.

Your spinel reset is going to be a ring of dreams! The colour combination is going to be dazzling!!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your spinel reset is going to be a ring of dreams! The colour combination is going to be dazzling!!

Thank you, @RosieR. I'm really going for the full fantasy with my collection at this point in life, and color plays a big part in that. I love diamonds, but I love color more. Consequently, quite a few things are being tweaked to contain a little more color.

I do think the ruby-red halo, the bright white diamonds and the deep pigeon-breast purple-grey will be a killer combo tho. :))

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’d love a snake ring. Lots of lovely examples but all the ones I see seem far too big!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’d love a snake ring. Lots of lovely examples but all the ones I see seem far too big!

Lots of eye candy here ❤️
#snakering on IG

I can’t copy and paste (not working for me) but if you just go to IG and put in #snakering you’ll have amazbling options. Hit most recent so you can see what’s available now.

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lots of eye candy here ❤️
#snakering on IG

I can’t copy and paste (not working for me) but if you just go to IG and put in #snakering you’ll have amazbling options. Hit most recent so you can see what’s available now.

Ooooh, thank you, can’t wait to check this out! Did not think about doing a #!!

donnabrsd

Brilliant_Rock
-What bucket list items do you have already?
7.8ctw 3-prong tennis bracelet
3ctw diamond studs in crown settings
5-stone ring in trellis setting
IMG_8023 2.jpeg

- What's left to find?
2.5ctw inside out j-hoop earrings
white gold hoop earrings
.40ctw diamond studs set super low for 2nd earring hole
east west set sapphire/diamond halo ring (elongated cushion or oval)
Moi et toi ring
Screen Shot 2021-01-31 at 12.44.55 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-10-09 at 12.38.26 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-01-31 at 12.55.04 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-01-31 at 12.59.57 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-01-31 at 1.01.12 PM.png
- Are you actively looking or is finding these things going to be a happy surprise?
I'm actively looking but prefer something to present itself to me as a surprise so I can stop looking. I really just need to find a custom jeweler that is a good fit for me.

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have you seen the ones Jessica McCormack does? She has large ones with diamonds and small ones without F4119DE6-D38C-4A80-A64B-70C66805239E.png

Gorgeous! Off to look.

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

BAA5FF33-E436-42F5-BCA1-1396E34599B9.jpeg

F97957C3-7254-4493-BDA0-863D4EF6368E.png 860203EA-D8E4-4D94-B5C3-CF7C0387B519.png

09754C6A-4815-4D7D-A1C7-56C34708A009.jpeg

Love those ombré pearls they are just gorgeous!

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Have you seen the ones Jessica McCormack does? She has large ones with diamonds and small ones without F4119DE6-D38C-4A80-A64B-70C66805239E.png

That ring is £28000! :roll: Nice stuff but somewhat pricey!

RosieR

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That ring is £28000! :roll: Nice stuff but somewhat pricey!

Yeah, her pricing is a bit over the top, but i suppose townhouses in Mayfair cost a lot to run! If you ever get the chance to go, you must. The building is beautiful with display cases of stunning diamonds over two floors with lots of wonderful artworks (sculpture & paintings)
I went to her to see about a setting for my loose diamond and her sun and moon ring (with my own diamond) was quoted as £8k!
I think snowdrop was looking for a small ring, her small snake rings without diamonds are £900

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Yeah, her pricing is a bit over the top, but i suppose townhouses in Mayfair cost a lot to run! If you ever get the chance to go, you must. The building is beautiful with display cases of stunning diamonds over two floors with lots of wonderful artworks (sculpture & paintings)
I went to her to see about a setting for my loose diamond and her sun and moon ring (with my own diamond) was quoted as £8k!
I think snowdrop was looking for a small ring, her small snake rings without diamonds are £900

Ah I didn’t realise she had a townhouse in Mayfair to run the poor dear ;)2
Sounds amazing, maybe one for next year visiting anywhere seems a bit far off at the moment :roll:

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks! It just got finished with a clasp and I’m excited for when it ships and I get it!

9E8171B2-2D52-496F-A9B3-86370968BB29.gif

That is so beautiful! I love it.. now you got me wanting pearls too - specifically ombre pearls hahaha.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is so beautiful! I love it.. now you got me wanting pearls too - specifically ombre pearls hahaha.

You know I’ve never liked before in the past because I’ve only seen the ones in Macy’s or dept stores. So mostly freshwaters of mediocre quality. And then Yssie introduced me to handama akoyas and I was smitten. Now I’m a nacre addict!

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
My list, I’ve included some pics to liven it up!

1. Antique enlongated cushion solitaire or 3 stone ring, 2.5-3.5ct
  2. A red ring, ruby or spinel or rubellite, Victorian Cluster style.
  3. Diamond studs 1.5 ct weight +
  4. Diamond solitaire pendant AVR 0.6 - 0.8ct weight set in a double bezel
  5. Plain larger necklace maybe a cobblestone or circular diamond pendant design.
  6. Thumb ring (possibly eternity or engraved band or snake ring)
  7. Long antique chain
  8. Victorian gold anchor brooch to be worn as a necklace
  9. Large Amethyst/semi precious rivière necklace
  10. Various eternities & bands to stack with
  11. Big yellow sapphire ring.
  12. Big black Opal ring Art Deco style
  13. Solid white gold engraved bangle, to be worn alongside my yellow gold engraved bangle
502D42D9-2752-428E-91CF-4E48C585FACB.jpeg 2872C16C-291E-4EB3-A90B-CD077F92025A.jpeg 443AF3D8-80A7-4724-8F76-E04BBD1CD05B.jpeg

Shoot I forgot a Victorian snake ring is on my list too LOL!

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
I’m lucky enough to own quite a few HG pieces from my list:

3.5+ carat OEC diamond cluster studs, still in their 18 carat yellow gold silver topped components.

5.6+ carat MRB diamond tennis bracelet

And 2 beautiful diamond rings - a MRB platinum set eternity band (3.7+ carats) and a 2.6+ OEC in Erika Winters platinum Laurel setting (I’d be happy to upgrade this diamond though as at the time I didn’t spend the full budget and had 3+ carats in mind)
The things I’m looking for now:

A yellow diamond something. Yellow is my favourite colour and my collection will not be complete until I own a yellow diamond of sorts. I just missed out on this incredible diamond and it haunts me.
659192C5-3878-4FFC-9BCD-2FB424F233AD.png
I’ve also been thinking about getting a yellow diamond tennis bracelet from the bijoux box on Instagram, but I don’t know how well it will stack with the bracelet I have.

I’d love a pair of large pearl studs, and have my eye on a pair of magic Alhambra van cleef mop studs

I’d also love a diamond rivière, but it would have to be thin enough for daily wear. I’m in Europe where we typically don’t wear mega bling daily.

For the winter months and special occasions, I’d love to own an antique brooch. I’d pin this to my heavier cashmere jumpers and on special occasions wear it in my hair.

Gosh where was that pear posted?

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
-What bucket list items do you have already?
7.8ctw 3-prong tennis bracelet
3ctw diamond studs in crown settings
5-stone ring in trellis setting
IMG_8023 2.jpeg

- What's left to find?
2.5ctw inside out j-hoop earrings
white gold hoop earrings
.40ctw diamond studs set super low for 2nd earring hole
east west set sapphire/diamond halo ring (elongated cushion or oval)
Moi et toi ring
Screen Shot 2021-01-31 at 12.44.55 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-10-09 at 12.38.26 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-01-31 at 12.55.04 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-01-31 at 12.59.57 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-01-31 at 1.01.12 PM.png
- Are you actively looking or is finding these things going to be a happy surprise?
I'm actively looking but prefer something to present itself to me as a surprise so I can stop looking. I really just need to find a custom jeweler that is a good fit for me.

Beautiful Jewels! Even your dog is drooling over them!

RosieR

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Gosh where was that pear posted?

Premiergemstones on Instagram. His diamonds sell marginally less quickly than Alex Parks.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium

First, I just want to say that “persnickety” is a truly underutilized word....kudos to you. :mrgreen:

Second, your bucket list is fabulous! I can’t wait to see those 10cts of diamonds eventually find there new homes. Having said that, the one thing on your list that really pops out at me is the possible purple spinel reset with a ruby halo. :kiss2: As a Queen of color, this should be a surprise to no one but I think that would look incredible!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another item ticked off on my previous bucket list has materialised, in that I now have a sizable blue-green Tourmaline of my own.

When I say "my own" is that, I have yet to complete the payment required for the stone, however, Jeff has finished cutting it for me, and sent me the video of the finished stone yesterday, and it is lovely!

I have asked him for a glamour shot of the finished stone, and shall start a thread separately when I have it, along with ring design inspirations. :))

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results