shape
carat
color
clarity

Jewelry bucket list -- what have you gotten, what's left to find?!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My recent acquisitions have ticked off some bucket list items for me (which is probably no surprise to anyone who's seen my last couple of threads!), and it's gotten me thinking about the few items I would still love to get. What about you kids?

- What bucket list items do you have already?

- What's left to find?

- Are you actively looking or is finding these things going to be a happy surprise?

Bonus points for pictures and interesting stories!

(BTW, I feel like there was a thread along these lines recently but I can't find it, so apologies if this is a redundant conversation.)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Don’t take away my PS card but there’s nothing (bling wise) I need or want. At the moment.
:shhh:

C416EF09-28E3-49D7-8F9A-4828FCFADDC2.jpeg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Don’t take away my PS card but there’s nothing (bling wise) I need or want. At the moment.

That's TOTALLY valid -- and awesome! You've got some amazing pieces to enjoy as it is. If I were you I'd just sit around with Bubbulah on one hand, your opal on the other, Ginger and Mary Ann in your ears, and enjoy life with your DH and kitties! (There would be wine involved too, but that goes without saying. ;)))

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's TOTALLY valid -- and awesome! You've got some amazing pieces to enjoy as it is. If I were you I'd just sit around with Bubbulah on one hand, your opal on the other, Ginger and Mary Ann in your ears, and enjoy life with your DH and kitties! (There would be wine involved too, but that goes without saying. ;)))

When the pandemic is over I hope you’ll join us :)

Cheers!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
I have many, many nice pieces but I always have ideas. On wish list - a filigree ring with an old euro, similar to @e2the3rd had on LT just the other day; I would also love to have a trans or checkered old cut in an octagonal setting the likes of what @LLJsmom has; I would love to have a beefy old cut five stone ring, and a vertical ring with a ruby center. I also want to make something with some loose blue topaz stones I have. I realize all of this is completely absurd because I already have some awesome things! But there is always something on my "blingdream" list.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

C416EF09-28E3-49D7-8F9A-4828FCFADDC2.jpeg

So proud of you missy. Takes patience and not compromising. I suck at both. You’re my role model.

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock
Long term, I would like:

8-10ctw Tennis Bracelet
3ctw MRB Studs
Cartier YG LOVE bracelet with diamonds
Cartier Ballon Bleu watch with diamonds
4ct Emerald Cut alternate ER, D-F, VVS or higher
"High Jewelry" inspired chandelier or pear drop earrings
Diamond eternity hoop earrings with 2" diameter
TBD fabulous necklace

e2the3rd

Brilliant_Rock
I'm on a mission to realize my dream of having my first big ol diamond ! to replace the moissanite in my Tiffany style solitaire. I've spent far too many hours every day this entire week reading up here about good angles & numbers. I quickly realized my budget was far too small for a nice natural diamond, so I'm going with lab which I'm totally fine with. I WAS so excited, now I'm about to stab myself in the eyeballs as I try to find the best stone at a fantastic deal online and as I continue to change my mind about budging on size or color or budget... I'll be excited again once the search is complete and the stone and ring are on their way to David Klass ! And I JUST sold my OEC filigree Deco ring to help make this happen :) I have another ring I want as well, a Deco bezel solitaire similar to one I've been lusting after on Erstwhile for 2+ years, for DK to make and set with my moissanite. IF I can find a nice lab diamond priced low enough, my budget can cover both projects! :mrgreen2:

e2the3rd

Brilliant_Rock
I have many, many nice pieces but I always have ideas. On wish list - a filigree ring with an old euro, similar to @e2the3rd had on LT just the other day; I would also love to have a trans or checkered old cut in an octagonal setting the likes of what @LLJsmom has; I would love to have a beefy old cut five stone ring, and a vertical ring with a ruby center. I also want to make something with some loose blue topaz stones I have. I realize all of this is completely absurd because I already have some awesome things! But there is always something on my "blingdream" list.

+1 for a beefy old cut five stone! and +1 for always something on my list.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So proud of you missy. Takes patience and not compromising. I suck at both. You’re my role model.

Thanks LLJ but you do not suck at both at all. You rock. And all your hard work and yes patience is about to pay off big time. I am so excited for you! XOXO.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A strand of blue round Tahitian pearls 13 to 14mm diameter, with a paved diamond ball clasp.

A Paraiba Tourmaline cabochon.

These two will set me back quite a bit.

I may get the pearl strand first, and save up for the clasp later.

As for the Paraiba cabochon, it will be funded by a sizable lottery win. :lol-2:

DK :))

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Long term...hmmm. This would be a realistic one. It depends on how I love my ring which is still under construction. But if I love it...
1. Studs 4 ctw if I get unsick of studs. @missy your gorgeous pair is helping me a lot!!
2. Or VCA WG pave frivole. Concerned about weight.
3. VCA casual everyday WG pair. Can’t decide yet
4. Emerald ring of some kind.
5. Rolex.
6. JLC

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Oh yeah forgot about 4ctw studs :lol:. And @LLJsmom didn't know about your new ring can't wait to see :)

Oh and also a crescent moon old cut pendant. The more I think, the more things come to me. :roll:

Last edited:

Diamond Girl 21

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think I have almost everything I want right now. I'm in the process of editing my collection, so I can eventually get a larger emerald cut diamond. I would love it to be around 3 cts, colorless, with very high clarity. So, yeah....that may take a very long time. But hey, a girl can dream.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Long term...hmmm. This would be a realistic one. It depends on how I love my ring which is still under construction. But if I love it...
1. Studs 4 ctw if I get unsick of studs. @missy your gorgeous pair is helping me a lot!!
2. Or VCA WG pave frivole. Concerned about weight.
3. VCA casual everyday WG pair. Can’t decide yet
4. Emerald ring of some kind.
5. Rolex.
6. JLC

I tried to google it but what is JLC and VCA?

Roselina

Brilliant_Rock
Antique toi er moi ring
Antique emerald ring
An antique 3ct OEC or OMC ring
3ctw studs (white and maybe even MRB, since I have no earrings to go with my contemporary jewellery)
A tennis bracelet

Not so realistic at the moment, but hey - I must have something to dream about, right?

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I tried to google it but what is JLC and VCA?

Van Cleef and Arpels

JLC is a watch maker. Jaeger LeCoultre. I’ll post some pics. I’m a bit obsessed with the Reverso. It just kills me there is no date. And I love this red and white one. I’m not even sure if they make this for women. It’s so unfair.

Attachments

• 1CE2420D-6399-46D5-BD73-D5A0B2574CD9.jpeg
    1CE2420D-6399-46D5-BD73-D5A0B2574CD9.jpeg
    550.1 KB · Views: 10
  • 99BC65D8-E2E8-4F99-A301-443BB6FA4D58.jpeg
    99BC65D8-E2E8-4F99-A301-443BB6FA4D58.jpeg
    559.2 KB · Views: 8
  • 8BECF23F-F926-483F-A0A6-B0D8F0ED2272.png
    8BECF23F-F926-483F-A0A6-B0D8F0ED2272.png
    553.1 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
At this point, all I want is an ACA that fits my EW setting. 3.4, H-I, VS ACA. Patiently waiting...

Gussie I bet they will have some soon. In the next several months.

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have nothing on my bucket list, I quit wearing all my jewelry about 2 months ago..I work from home in my PJ's and I wash and sanitize my hands so many damn times if and when I do go out I figure what is the point....

Tartansparkles

Brilliant_Rock
Bucket list got: blue akoya baroque bracelet, WF semi custom DBTY (arrived earlier this month =)2 )

Still to get:

1.super ideal diamond band that sparkles ( summer this year)
2. A mossy AV cushion and lab emerald for a moi et toi
2a. Art deco emerald eternity band
3. Tiffany hardware ball bracelet ( I bought one in Dec, was a bit disappointed and sent it back, now that I don't have it I've decided I would like one after all).

I love how diamonds sparkle but I wasn't into jewelry when I was younger, nor have an ER and I wear my gran's art deco wedding band as my own (when we got married we tied an actual knot, no rings involved). I stumbled on PS years ago and feel fortunate to have learned so so much, but without having made too many wrong purchases. I'm working towards a capsule collection and when I'm done I'll have maybe 8-10 pieces of jewelry in total. That'll be plenty for me. There are other things that intrigue me though, like an opal or a eternity made of grey spinels.

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bucket list got: blue akoya baroque bracelet, WF semi custom DBTY (arrived earlier this month =)2 )

Still to get:

1.super ideal diamond band that sparkles ( summer this year)
2. A mossy AV cushion and lab emerald for a moi et toi
2a. Art deco emerald eternity band
3. Tiffany hardware ball bracelet ( I bought one in Dec, was a bit disappointed and sent it back, now that I don't have it I've decided I would like one after all).

I love how diamonds sparkle but I wasn't into jewelry when I was younger, nor have an ER and I wear my gran's art deco wedding band as my own (when we got married we tied an actual knot, no rings involved). I stumbled on PS years ago and feel fortunate to have learned so so much, but without having made too many wrong purchases. I'm working towards a capsule collection and when I'm done I'll have maybe 8-10 pieces of jewelry in total. That'll be plenty for me. There are other things that intrigue me though, like an opal or a eternity made of grey spinels.

Did you show off the blue baroques on here? Would love to see it!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I’m with Missy on this one. I’m done and don’t foresee that changing anytime soon. The only thing that I wish I had done was gotten larger studs. They are .75 each and I think my earlobes could handle 1ct each, but it’s not worth the $$ or not being able to wear my IDJ jackets with them for me to do anything about it.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m with Missy on this one. I’m done and don’t foresee that changing anytime soon. The only thing that I wish I had done was gotten larger studs. They are .75 each and I think my earlobes could handle 1ct each, but it’s not worth the $$ or not being able to wear my IDJ jackets with them for me to do anything about it.

Awesome Yenny. Your rings are #endgoals.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh so lucky @Austina! If it wasn't you I would be jealous but instead I am thrilled you got this experience. One day maybe I can hug a panda too!

hugpanda.gif

huggingpandas.gif

@yennyfire never say never...one can have more than one pair of studs...just saying. :)
Your IDJ with jackets are MRBs? Maybe one day OECs?

Not that I am trying to enable or anything. :whistle:

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
Omg i love pandas!
I am lucky to have gotten my main 2 bucket list items (my 2 rings).
Still a dream are a beautiful yg necklace from dy & a bangle from graff.
Where is my lotto ticket ;-)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results