shape
carat
color
clarity

I''ve been lax in posting...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My only concern with a bracelet is that those can get easily banged around, and aquas and tourmalines are very prone to chipping. I would rather see them in pendant of some sort. I also think that one newest blue spinel of yours is so nice, that it deserves it''s own ring, but that''s just me having a selfish wish!!
11.gif

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The bracelet you featured is very interesting, I mean, no one will have anything like it, it is so innovative, and the stones look so well together. Congratulations, wonderful taste and use of materials.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/23/2010 12:37:28 PM
Author: FrekeChild
Date: 1/23/2010 9:20:37 AM

Author: tourmaline_lover

Well, the two tourmalines match in color, but what if the spinels do not?

The two blue ovals are actually an aqua and a tourm, so I imagine they are not perfectly matched either. As for the spinels, one is reportedly lavender and the other is blue. If you go back to the post where she finally got the lavender spinel, you will find that ''matching'' is not a huge concern...
2.gif

I wanna see sketches!

That''s correct Freke, cheers.

TL - all of the stones are varied shades of blue, purple and violet so to me personally that is pretty matchy colours.
1.gif

As to your comment about bashing the stones, I addressed that earlier where I mentioned Julia and I are developing a specific structural style which *will not turn* and will stay put on the forearm - so of course, just like wearing a ring with these types of stones I will need to be aware it''s on and not do silly things.
But I don''t believe it will be too much different than putting an aqua or tourm in a bezel ring
2.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Thanks MTG!

Thankyou packrat - yep decided to go after the bracelet. I do have a number of "in progress" sketches, but we haven''t nailed the design yet so I''d rather not post them..
promise I will when it''s ready to go
1.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Thanks laila!
I know many ppl go for pendants for versatility options, but I just won''t wear it so I have to be honest with myself, hence why I chose a bracelet instead.

However, this does leave over one Barry oval afghan blue green tourm that doesn''t go with the bracelet...can anyone say matching (simple) pendant / suite?
27.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/23/2010 4:13:34 PM
Author: crasru
The bracelet you featured is very interesting, I mean, no one will have anything like it, it is so innovative, and the stones look so well together. Congratulations, wonderful taste and use of materials.

Thankyou crasru - actually, I pictured that one just to show the general idea - ie. a wide-ish hinge/clasp bracelet with a safety chain. The one Julia will be making will be quite alot more detailed / different again
5.gif

Thankyou! I figure I don''t have budgets for 5 or so different ring settings, so I believe it is a great use of the stones.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Did you get it yet???!!! Inquiring minds want to know!
31.gif

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
This bracelet sounds like a great project! I look forward to seeing it.

Spirit

Shiny_Rock
Arj- glad I found you! What is happening with your sapphire ring?

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW I just envy the creativity you have for jewelry design. I really do like all of those stones together. Size wise they are great and the colors all coordinate rather than match. I hope this starts a PS trend of multiple stones in one setting.

But I just LOVE the purple spinel center stone and would want it to be the star...
4.gif

At least with a bracelet you''ll be able to look at it all the time -- unlike a pendant!

Please keep us informed and TFS!!
9.gif

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG how did I miss this thread? WOW AJ that''s going to be some piece. I really adore the 5 gemstones together. They compliment each other so well. Now I also want to know ............. is it finished yet?
31.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/29/2010 12:43:00 PM
Author: Spirit
Arj- glad I found you! What is happening with your sapphire ring?

Hello there spirit!
ha ha, you kidding girl? That one is over and done with and happily living on my finger!

Here is the thread with a bajillion pics:
link

and here, its even a regular offering in BG''s catalogue: BGD

So whats up with your ring lovey?!

oh, and as a fun fact, if anyone hasn''t realized you can play around and change the metal colour of all the rings using the metal type box underneath - great for us two tone lovers, and also they will soon be doing rose - yum!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/28/2010 9:19:47 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover
Did you get it yet???!!! Inquiring minds want to know!
31.gif

ha ha, you''re teasing right?! You know what JKT''s work schedule is like!

No, alas it will be a couple of months I''d say
7.gif

Spirit

Shiny_Rock
Can't believe I missed the whole story! Thanks for the link- I will read it now!
Can you imagine - I still have my sapph loose because I have not come across the exact setting of my dreams yet?
Off for some reading now... glad you are happy!

Update: I just took a look at your link and it is the one from December. Weren't you planning to send the ring back to Brian in the new year for some adjustments? That is what I was talking about... or did you decide to leave it as is?

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/29/2010 8:55:08 PM
Author: Spirit
Can''t believe I missed the whole story! Thanks for the link- I will read it now!

Can you imagine - I still have my sapph loose because I have not come across the exact setting of my dreams yet?

Off for some reading now... glad you are happy!

Update: I just took a look at your link and it is the one from December. Weren''t you planning to send the ring back to Brian in the new year for some adjustments? That is what I was talking about... or did you decide to leave it as is?

oh sorry spirit, I was reading / posting quickly before running out - of course you''ve seen that!
Nope, the ring isn''t going back - Brian and I have figured everything out, and I don''t even think about let alone see the scratch on the table of the sapphire.

So all good!

Can''t wait to see what you finally decide Miss!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Thankyou Dreamer! I''m really looking forward to watching it progress, and of course can''t wait to share the final thing with you guys.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/29/2010 6:51:24 PM
Author: Stone Hunter
WOW I just envy the creativity you have for jewelry design. I really do like all of those stones together. Size wise they are great and the colors all coordinate rather than match. I hope this starts a PS trend of multiple stones in one setting.

But I just LOVE the purple spinel center stone and would want it to be the star...
4.gif

At least with a bracelet you''ll be able to look at it all the time -- unlike a pendant!

Please keep us informed and TFS!!
9.gif

awww, thanks SH..
Everything you mentioned is why I liked the idea too - a pendant, I never get to admire; and I thought the coordinating colours were too nice to pass on using together.

Will do and cheers for the support
5.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/29/2010 7:51:51 PM
Author: LovingDiamonds
OMG how did I miss this thread? WOW AJ that''s going to be some piece. I really adore the 5 gemstones together. They compliment each other so well. Now I also want to know ............. is it finished yet?
31.gif

ha ha..you probably missed it LD due to the obscure title..

Thanks lovey - and no, I wish it were finished! Infact, Barry''s round blue spinel isn''t even here yet..

But sketches are well on their way to being complete, and the time is booked fast with Julia for as soon as all the stones are there together.

It''s quite an elaborate piece, so I will just be letting her take her time and do what she needs to..well, thats the plan
2.gif
9.gif

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just had the chance to read through this thread and see those stones! They''re all beautiful colors (although I''m especially drawn to the Gene pinky/purple spinel
2.gif
in the middle) and I think the bracelet idea is going to be unique and absolutely gorgeous! They don''t have to be matchy matchy. They''re a "suite" of stones that compliment each other. I was just going to say that no matter how long Julia takes to complete it, you''ll have a gorgeous Spring piece. Then I realized it won''t be Spring where you are
3.gif
, but it is going to make a very happy Spring/Summer piece.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Thankyou gemgirl!

My apologies I did not see this post of yours earlier - but you''re spot on, the bracelet will be very pretty and "spring - like".

I am very happy to update that, after a number of weeks and going through three different stones with Barry to decide the final gem for the suite - and both of us deciding none of them were quite right (sorry Bazza!
40.gif
lol)..

Gene came through for me in a big way
36.gif

I asked for a violet, pinkish or blue stone, round cut, preferably spinel but would go with sapphire or tourm, and in the 6 - 6.5mm range..
Gene was totally spot on, cutting this pink spinel - which according to him is 0.99ct, a pinkish lavender, with a slight blue colour shift in daylight.
And it''s even an exact 6.2mm, to match Barry''s round spinel at the other end !!
36.gif

A huge thankyou to Gene, as now my bracelet project can progress and I do appreciate him delivering on my request in a big way, cheers!
5.gif

So, finally, the bracelet will have, L- R (or R-L, not sure yet
9.gif
) :

Gene round lavender-pinkish spinel, Barry oval blue tourm, Gene purple spinel long oval, Barry aquamarine oval, and Barry round lavender-blue spinel.

I know you all want to beat me for not posting sketches - what I will share is the colours of the stones will match the gold details in the piece, which will be stylized Iris flowers.
5.gif

(Julia''s fabulous idea of course!).

Cheers for reading my update
35.gif

gene f pink spinel julia.jpg

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
That''s awesome arjunajane! Iris is my mom''s favorite flower so it holds a special place in my heart as well. I can''t wait to see your sketches!
36.gif

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh, LOVE the latest spinel!

This piece is going to be so pretty when it''s done, I can just tell.
2.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Thankyou Brandy and Laila - I cannot wait to get started!
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results