shape
carat
color
clarity

I''ve been lax in posting...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Nothing major, but I purchased this blue spinel from Barry about a week ago:
1.08 ct., 6.2mm round brilliant.Tunduru spinel has a medium/dark very slightly purplish blue color.

This is the exact same cut and size as the lavender / violet spinel from Baz I posted about recently - which means I now have a plan
27.gif

(where is the fiendish rub-my-hands-together emotie when you need it, lol)..

I don''t have the gem yet so I hope the vendor photo will suffice for another week or so..

Oh and in other news, I was quite sad this arvo as I had to part with my engagement ring at the Fedex office..
7.gif
I think the lady felt I was odd how protective I was being of the box, ha ha...
But it''s for a good cause - she is off to the good folk of BGD for a facelift/makeover..
I know this isn''t really the place to discuss diamonds, but I didn''t want to really start a new thread, just sharing my news
1.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
urrghh..is anyone else having trouble atm posting pics? I keep getting an admin error..
33.gif

apologies, photo can be seen here of spinel
5.gif

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AJ I saw that beauty and when I clicked on it! it was SOLD!!! haha I knew it was a PSer''s I''m glad it went to a good home
1.gif
so is this your new GOG cushion? makeover?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yep, that''s one of the spinel colors from Barry that sells in a nanosecond after it''s posted. LOL!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AJJ,
I don't think anyone caught your link, so I decided to try to post a pic of the spinel for you. It's beautiful
30.gif

Sp-6384 Spinel(J) 1.08 ct., 6.2mm round brilliant[Gec]. This Tunduru spinel has a medium/dark very slightly purplish blue color. It is just short of flawless with a single small bubble-like inclusion located in the pavilion. BB

AJJvioletbluespinel.jpg

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Thanks TL for posting the pic!
Ya, I guess I was just lucky that day as I wasn''t really shopping, just decided to look on Barry''s site and there she was
5.gif

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
I was looking at that and an hour later it was gone - AJ you're the one who picked it up! ::shakes fist::
3.gif

Just kidding - congrats my dear! How are you setting it?

ETA: Not kidding about missing out on it, but of course, kidding about being angry
3.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pleasant colour and with Barry''s cutting, should be a very lively and sparkly spinel.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/22/2010 9:53:44 AM
Author: D&T
AJ I saw that beauty and when I clicked on it! it was SOLD!!! haha I knew it was a PSer''s I''m glad it went to a good home
1.gif
so is this your new GOG cushion? makeover?

Thanks D&T!

Yes my GOG OMC ering is getting a makeover - the prongs and head of the legato had never been "quite right" since the re-set..so nothing major, but I''ll keep ya posted..

ha ha, nobody asked what I''m up to with my spinel set, so I go like this
7.gif

2.gif

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful, beautiful cut, full of fire even in picture. Wish I could see it in real life.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations. It looks like a real beauty.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
BEG asked what you''re planning for a setting for it, and I want to know too!

Can''t wait to see your pics AJ!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/22/2010 9:59:05 PM
Author: arjunajane
Thanks TL for posting the pic!
Ya, I guess I was just lucky that day as I wasn''t really shopping, just decided to look on Barry''s site and there she was
5.gif
Wow, two beautiful Barry spinels within a short span of time. I would say you''re lucky!!
2.gif
9.gif

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Me, too!!!! I wanna know!!!!
36.gif

Lori

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Me three!

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
me three-what''s the plan?!?!?

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/22/2010 10:01:11 PM
Author: Brown.Eyed.Girl
I was looking at that and an hour later it was gone - AJ you''re the one who picked it up! ::shakes fist::
3.gif

Just kidding - congrats my dear! How are you setting it?

ETA: Not kidding about missing out on it, but of course, kidding about being angry
3.gif

ha ha, lol at the shaking fist imagery BEG..thanks!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Cheers Chrono, crasru, marcy, Freke, lori, packrat and bella..

TL - ya, it''s nice as now I can pursue this project with more confidence - whereas before the blue spinel came up, it was missing something..

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Ok, so you are all going to think I''m nuts, considering the reaction I received in the thread discussing combining my Barry violet spinel in a ring with my Gene purple one...
(a mostly resounding "do separate pieces!" was the call, lol)..

But I''m putting not two, but five nice stones into one piece with Julia - eek!
3.gif

The pic of the stones in question is attached, but as you can see its a shoddy mock-up as some are with me, some are with Julia and the blue is in transit..

From L-R we have:
Barry blue spinel 6.2mm, Barry oval aqua 7.5mm, Gene purple spinel 8.3mm, Barry blue tourm 7.5mm, and Barry violet spinel 6.2mm
5.gif

I know it''s pretty out there combining different shapes, sizes, colours and species - but I have 100% confidence they will go together great and Julia will make it fabulous.

As for "it" - well, it will be a bracelet..

Argentium sterling with a reasonable amount of 18k gold accenting.
We have been working on the design back and forth on the basis of using 3 stones for some time now; but when the two Barry spinels showed up in the same exact cut and size I thought let''s just go crazy and make it a 5 stone!

I do have a number of "work in progress" sketches, but we haven''t nailed the design yet - so more info to come on that later.
I know just what I want - but I literally cannot find a photo even remotely similar *anywhere*! But that''s okay, I know Julia and I will figure it out.
5.gif

Considering the number of (imho) very nice stones going into it, this will be one special piece.

Okay, so bring it on - feedback, support, criticism, all welcome
9.gif

blues and purples 5 stone.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
The configuration that you have them laid out in in the above image is much more pleasing to my eye than the previous idea...

When I first read it, I was like, "There is no way all of that caratage can fit on a 5 stone ring!" and then I was like, "Oooohhhh, but it would be a great bracelet..." and then I read that you were thinking bracelet--BINGO.

So are you thinking like a thin bangle? Or a cuff? Or something that's decently substantial?

ETA: There is symmetry exploding all over the place with that configuration! Ovals and rounds, oh my!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OoOoOoOooooohhh AJ I canot WAIT to see the finished product! Even just the sketches!! What an amazing project!
36.gif
36.gif

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
I was eying up that one too. Great colour.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/23/2010 3:57:21 AM
Author: FrekeChild
The configuration that you have them laid out in in the above image is much more pleasing to my eye than the previous idea...

When I first read it, I was like, ''There is no way all of that caratage can fit on a 5 stone ring!'' and then I was like, ''Oooohhhh, but it would be a great bracelet...'' and then I read that you were thinking bracelet--BINGO.

So are you thinking like a thin bangle? Or a cuff? Or something that''s decently substantial?

ETA: There is symmetry exploding all over the place with that configuration! Ovals and rounds, oh my!

Thanks Freke! I figure if yourself, with all your "symmetry issues", lol, can support the idea than I''m onto a winner
2.gif

As soon as I noticed I had five blues and purples in relatively matching sizes, I thought yep, I''m going for it. I also figured I have had enough rings made for now, it''s time for something different, yanno?

My only tiny concern is having 4 Barry cuts with one Gene cut - but they do imo complement each other colour and facet-wise, so I''m not going to dwell on it. Julia thinks the purple precision stones makes a great centre piece.

As far as structure, it is going to be a hinged bracelet, with the stones bezel set (obviously) over the top in YG. My main priority with Julia is coming up with a design that does not turn and also can be pushed up on the forearm and stay there, as I don''t want to be bashing my gems around of course, and find bangles that move around alot irritating..She has some clear ideas on how we can achieve this structurally.
The general concept is kinda like the photo attached, but it''s gonna be heaps better
9.gif
not as plain/simple
2.gif

There will be a decent amount of gold details through the sides, and some added between the stones along the top...a tad of a vintage feel.
It will definitely not be an everyday piece, but I''d like to strike a balance that it can be bought out for casual as well as special occasions.

So, I hope that answers a few things for now; but I will let ya''ll know when we have a sure''d up design and ready to move forward.
5.gif

50497.jpg

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/23/2010 7:34:48 AM
Author: DandiAndi
OoOoOoOooooohhh AJ I canot WAIT to see the finished product! Even just the sketches!! What an amazing project!
36.gif
36.gif

Thanks andi! I can''t wait until Julia starts on making the bracelet, it''s going to be alot of fun
1.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/23/2010 7:36:06 AM
Author: oddoneout
I was eying up that one too. Great colour.

cheers oddone. I guess its good that I didn''t hesitate too long it seems !

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, the two tourmalines match in color, but what if the spinels do not?

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooo, that''s going to be a smashing bracelet!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/23/2010 9:20:37 AM
Author: tourmaline_lover
Well, the two tourmalines match in color, but what if the spinels do not?
The two blue ovals are actually an aqua and a tourm, so I imagine they are not perfectly matched either. As for the spinels, one is reportedly lavender and the other is blue. If you go back to the post where she finally got the lavender spinel, you will find that "matching" is not a huge concern...
2.gif

I wanna see sketches!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hooray for the bracelet! I was reading thru your Gene spinel thread again for the 20th time and was wondering how the bracelet idea was coming along!

Do you guys have sketches yet? Cuz if you doooo we want to seeee them!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh, I can''t wait to see them all set in a bracelet! That''s a great idea! I was thinking a big pendant but a bracelet will truly be a showstopper.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results