shape
carat
color
clarity

Is there any lavender spinel left for me?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m such a baby-who cries over a missed stone? I''ve got a little extra emotions going today-MIL not doing well in hospital and London going off to Kindergarten tomorrow..I''ll blame it on that..still tho..sheesh.

Gene said he''s got an older parcel he can look through tomorrow...and Barry''s checking his spinel for a round..I still have options. Just wasn''t meant to be. (she says to make herself feel better)

Gawd..PERFECT color too..

karee888

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/18/2009 11:00:24 PM
Author: packrat
I''m such a baby-who cries over a missed stone? I''ve got a little extra emotions going today-MIL not doing well in hospital and London going off to Kindergarten tomorrow..I''ll blame it on that..still tho..sheesh.

Gene said he''s got an older parcel he can look through tomorrow...and Barry''s checking his spinel for a round..I still have options. Just wasn''t meant to be. (she says to make herself feel better)

Gawd..PERFECT color too..
i''m sorry.
7.gif
i thought it was the perfect color and posted right away for you to see.

sometimes i get sad when i miss a sweet stone, too. but then i think of how happy the other person will be. :)

sorry to hear about your MIL.
7.gif

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Karee!

I very much appreciate your thinking of me and my search by posting it! I''ll know next time not to hesitate now won''t I??

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/18/2009 10:49:36 PM
It''s a nice thought Karee, but he''d told me it was available and I could put it in my cart and get it thru paypal..and I didn''t do it right away..if he''d put it on hold he would''ve said so, I''m guessing?

7.gif
I sent him an email and asked if he would let me know if it happened to get returned.

I feel so dumb!
Oh sweetie! I''m so sorry I hope wishful thinking that he put it on hold for you
7.gif
if not, then I bet you that "the one" will come up soon... *Hugs*

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
*sniffle* Thanks guys! I think I''ll be seeing that stone in my dreams tonight..I''m so wound up now, I might be up a while longer!

Better be on the ball next time tho..when you guys say it''ll go fast by golly you mean it!

Fingers crossed for good news tomorrow!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m so sorry, Packrat.
39.gif
On the positive side, you now have the chance to get something bigger in the colour you love. I''ll keep my eyes peeled too.

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
I just caught up with this thread... you certainly have a lot going on! Just hang in there and trust that ''the one'' will turn up in time- in its perfect time and place. I know it can be hard, but try not to be upset or overly worried about things, it''s in the past and we can''t change it. Stay positive and excited as you move forward in your search. I would hate to see that this turned into a "I just want to find something and get this done and over with!!
32.gif
" I know it probably won''t, but I think everyone has their moments (I''m saying this because I''ve had my moments) So take a few deep breaths, relax, and enjoy the hunt!

*hugs* (and since I can''t seem to do cute emoties, I''ll just wave
35.gif
)

karee888

Brilliant_Rock
did barry find anything?

icekid

Ideal_Rock
oh no... I just came across that sapphire tonight (
30.gif
) and I was hoping that it was you, packrat. Don''t worry though- your stone is out there.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks again everyone! I do feel better today..and a little silly for getting so worked up about it.

No word yet from Barry or Gene, so maybe tomorrow. I''ll be gone in the morning, so hopefully later in the day there''ll be some good news in my email! If not, then I''ll just check in with them again to see.

Do you ever think that even tho you want something, deep down you know if it is or isn''t right for you, and that makes you jump on something pretty quickly, or hold off so long that the option is taken off the table, so then you don''t have to worry about making the wrong decision? I wonder that about myself..if I have such a set idea in my head of what I want, I don''t want to deviate from it too much for fear of being disappointed.

tsavvy

Shiny_Rock
This may be too light for you and not lavender-ish enough, but the size is perfect. I just got two stones from Swala and they were really nice to deal with. linky

swala_lt_bp_sp.jpg

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the link Tsavvy! Yeah, I''d already looked at that one and thought it too light-but you''re right, the size is perfect!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well...poop. No luck with Barry''s older spinel parcel for a round either. Gene normally emails in the evening, so maybe he''ll have good news for me later.

I should try emailing Wink again. I never did hear back from him after Sheila said she forwarded my request on to him.

I''ve tried so many places it''s hard to keep them all straight! I might need to make a list and see if you guys can see ones I missed that I could try.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
No more lavender at Gene's either. I found some pretty sapphires at planetary gems, but I'm not sure of the quality..I've not searched for them here yet. Seems they do a lot of the Portuguese cut, which is pretty, but not what I'm looking for, for this stone. They're all on the smaller side too.

So far I've asked Barry, Dan, Jeff, Gary, Gene, Peter, Michael E, Lisa, Swala and Wink. (Emailed Sheila again tonight since I hadn't heard anything back)

What about Dutton's? I searched tonight, and there's been a lot of good things said about him.

Should I go back thru those I've asked and see if they can do round? At this point I don't care if it's spinel or sapphire, so long as I can *afford* the sapphire haha.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Try Gary Dutton, couldn''t hurt, he''s been very nice to deal with the. The citrine that you have right now to play with
1.gif
, is from Gary

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ooh - How bout John at gemrite?

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks D&T! I''ll give them a try in the morning! This is turning into quite a search!

That is a really pretty sapphire too! I''ll peek around there a lil bit.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
nevermind. I see you already tried Peter
2.gif

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Peter thought he''d be able to get 7mm from one piece, and said he might have a sapphire that would work, but I''ve emailed him twice since then, and haven''t heard back.
8.gif

Gotta wonder about stupid Hotmail sometimes tho..my dad hates that I use it-says he doesn''t get some of what I send him, and I don''t get some of what he sends me. (this could also however, be a ploy by my daddy, who is THE master of getting people to do what HE wants, and making them think it''s all their idea. I''m amazed by him at times haha!)

Dang, I should just email Peter again..he''s the one that cut that tanzanite I posted in here, the color of which makes me weak in the knees.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/20/2009 11:36:42 PM
Peter thought he''d be able to get 7mm from one piece, and said he might have a sapphire that would work, but I''ve emailed him twice since then, and haven''t heard back.
8.gif

Gotta wonder about stupid Hotmail sometimes tho..my dad hates that I use it-says he doesn''t get some of what I send him, and I don''t get some of what he sends me. (this could also however, be a ploy by my daddy, who is THE master of getting people to do what HE wants, and making them think it''s all their idea. I''m amazed by him at times haha!)

Dang, I should just email Peter again..he''s the one that cut that tanzanite I posted in here, the color of which makes me weak in the knees.
I''ve emailed Wink a few times on some things, but have not heard from him
15.gif
so I too wonder about those filters and spam. Try giving him a call, I really dislike calling myself
3.gif
though.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ack-I don''t like calling either! Not that I''ve ever called a vendor, mind you..but I don''t really like talking on the phone overly much to begin with. At least with emails I can take 20 minutes to *try* and get my point across properly. If it was by phone they''d hear a lot of stammering and wonder if I was ever going to get to the point of the phone call. I can condense my tendency to ramble on and on, if I do email..not that typing does me any good here at times..I still ramble, obviously!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ooo that''s purdy! Isn''t tanzanite pretty soft tho?

karee888

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/21/2009 12:00:21 AM
no clue
7.gif
mohs = 6-7.

"Tanzanite - Mohs 6.5

Tanzanite is a blue to purple-blue variety of zoisite colored by vanadium. Tanzanite exhibits some color changing, shifting between purple, violet, blue"

karee888

Brilliant_Rock
the color shift is really pretty, and john is great to work with!
36.gif

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hm..I might have to check into this!

karee888

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/21/2009 12:11:24 AM
Hm..I might have to check into this!
good luck! he''s good at email and answering questions.
9.gif

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Karee, you should check out Swala if you are going to consider tanzanite, they''ve got bucket loads of pale stuff that might be a fit for you. His pictures aren''t the greatest, but as far as I can tell some pretty big name PS''srs have bought his stones and been delighted.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/21/2009 12:01:48 AM
Author: karee888

Date: 8/21/2009 12:00:21 AM
no clue
7.gif
mohs = 6-7.

''Tanzanite - Mohs 6.5

Tanzanite is a blue to purple-blue variety of zoisite colored by vanadium. Tanzanite exhibits some color changing, shifting between purple, violet, blue''
Yup, not to mention that tanzanites have perfect cleavage in one direction (so it might split into two pieces if hit just right) and also sensitivity to thermal shock. I’ve read that sometimes the temperature between the hot lights of the display case and the chilly glass countertop in an air-conditioned showroom can be enough to develop cleavages in tanzanites.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results