shape
carat
color
clarity

Is LoupeTroupe safe?

Locketed

Rough_Rock
Newbie here. I read a post in a sapphire group I belong to about confidential banking account info being passed to a member here without other members’ knowledge. I’ve been looking at gems on Loupe Troupe but am wondering whether it’s safe and how to know if the person I’d be buying from is that shady person or not. Are LT seller names and PS seller names usually the same?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Newbie here. I read a post in a sapphire group I belong to about confidential banking account info being passed to a member here without other members’ knowledge. I’ve been looking at gems on Loupe Troupe but am wondering whether it’s safe and how to know if the person I’d be buying from is that shady person or not. Are LT seller names and PS seller names usually the same?

Usually yes, but not always. In general LT is safe (e.g. no one is going to sell your bank info), there Is always a possibility that the person you are buying from isnt ideal.

Locketed

Rough_Rock
It’s up at several groups that the IG seller is telling all of his clients to collect any money owed to them from “the crazy dumb lady on Pricescope” to whom he’s giving people’s real names and bank account info, and he in turn is sharing her name, address, account numbers, and receipts from all her prior sales to ”prove” how much money she has so they can collect from her. I won’t post her name here but hundreds of people know it by now (it was on IG today too). I just want to know I won’t be buying from “her” as it’s all very bizarre. It seems like a pyramid scheme?

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
It’s up at several groups that the IG seller is telling all of his clients to collect any money owed to them from “the crazy dumb lady on Pricescope” to whom he’s giving people’s real names and bank account info, and he in turn is sharing her name, address, account numbers, and receipts from all her prior sales to ”prove” how much money she has so they can collect from her. I won’t post her name here but hundreds of people know it by now (it was on IG today too). I just want to know I won’t be buying from “her” as it’s all very bizarre. It seems like a pyramid scheme?

Wait. What?

fussykiki

Shiny_Rock

OMG, where on IG can we see that information?

Locketed, I’m not sure whether you’re talking about the same seller and buyer, but this is a post that was put up here detailing what went down. I leave it up to you to draw your own conclusions: https://www.pricescope.com/communit...ylonsapphiregems-an-expensive-mistake.268353/

This post of yours has made me even more wary and suspicious about buying from any IG sellers, and definitely from the one mentioned in the post I have shared here!!

ETA: I just realised that in your post it seems like the vendor is freely and openly sharing people’s personal banking information, and telling others he has done so?? Whatever the excuse may be, I absolutely would never in a million years purchase from that vendor, holy crap!

Locketed

Rough_Rock
It’s so confusing. The seller who is probably the one mentioned below although there are two with similar names has told people not to send money to him but to others he owes and if that doesn’t work to ask the Pricescope member for money and is giving them her name, account info, and receipts and saying disparaging things about her including sharing a photo and mocking her appearance. So my understanding is that he is shady, the PS member is shady but also being used, and his clients are getting ripped off by disclosing their financial info plus switching stones. Because of this none of us on FB want to buy from loupe unless we know these ppl aren’t involved, but the question is how to be sure??

Locketed

Rough_Rock
Several sapphire groups have reported the seller to Instagram and passed along the name of his accomplice/mark

Locketed

Rough_Rock
To your knowledge does the Ceylon seller sell anywhere other than Insta? Is he scamming customers via postmark or eBay or Etsy too?

It’s so confusing. The seller who is probably the one mentioned below although there are two with similar names has told people not to send money to him but to others he owes and if that doesn’t work to ask the Pricescope member for money and is giving them her name, account info, and receipts and saying disparaging things about her including sharing a photo and mocking her appearance. So my understanding is that he is shady, the PS member is shady but also being used, and his clients are getting ripped off by disclosing their financial info plus switching stones. Because of this none of us on FB want to buy from loupe unless we know these ppl aren’t involved, but the question is how to be sure??

what a class act, wow. I hope he gets his store shut down, disgusting.

I believe - if it is the same seller in question - that he has been asking others to pay customers that he owes thousands of dollars to on his behalf. The latter point - about the PS member who owes money to him - we haven’t heard about on here (at least I haven’t).

Locketed

Rough_Rock
I don’t think she owes him money but he‘s telling people he’s using her to pay his debts (refunds for crappy stones) because she’s “addicted” to buying from him.

I don’t think she owes him money but he‘s telling people he’s using her to pay his debts (refunds for crappy stones) because she’s “addicted” to buying from him.

That’s even worse! This crazy and predatory seller is basically defrauding everyone, including someone who clearly trusts him and is mocking her for doing so. Wow. Just wow.

I really, really hope she sees this.

M

MillieLou

Reported. See other thread.

Locketed

Rough_Rock
What no one understands is, how do you do a brisk trade selling expensive stones but end up so far in the hole that you a) can’t pay for the stones you say you’ve sourced and so have to bait-and-switch lesser stones and b) have no money to refund so you have to tell everyone “this rich lady will pay you back here’s her name address photo and account number?“ Where did all his money from selling stones GO/

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have no idea where you’re getting this information from.

There’s no evidence of a bait and switch - just the buying of a stone that looked different in the photos.

There is concrete evidence that this one particular seller won’t refund so he asks future clients to pay customers owed.

The lady owed thousands (in fact there are 3) are all customers and PS members. None of them are sellers. I don’t understand why people should be asking THEM for money!

There is evidence from another member Ionysis that she gave money to one of the three to “pay off” some of the debt to “stop her moaning and complaining” on PS. Whether she is an accomplice of the seller is unknown but everything points that way as she has rigorously defended him. Perhaps she’s the “seller” being referred to.

When you say it’s all over Instagram - where? You’ve also mentioned sapphire groups on FB - which ones? Also you’ve said people were named - where? I’m also interested to know which “sapphire groups” you belong to on Instagram because unless they are private chats I can’t see how that’s possible.

What no one understands is, how do you do a brisk trade selling expensive stones but end up so far in the hole that you a) can’t pay for the stones you say you’ve sourced and so have to bait-and-switch lesser stones and b) have no money to refund so you have to tell everyone “this rich lady will pay you back here’s her name address photo and account number?“ Where did all his money from selling stones GO/

Last edited:

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock

I want to see “receipts”. Pls post if you have them

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ps. I still follow this vendor on IG, and no such info has been posted (that I can see).

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OP, please substantiate your posts in this thread with links, screenshots, images.

Without any evidence contained in your posts, I find your comments uncredible.

Even though you represent yourself here on PS as a brand-new member who apparently joined to make comments on the related PS thread [ https://www.pricescope.com/communit...pphiregems-an-expensive-mistake.268353/page-8 ] and then created this thread ... you speak of IG vendors and "sapphire groups" (maybe FB? who knows) ... if you are comfortable buying from IG vendors and sapphire groups, then you should be fine with LT. As always, if a tranasaction doesn't feel right to you, then don't proceed.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah quite a few things do not compute. This just seems to stir the pot. I am a member of quite a few FB groups and haven’t seen anyone talking about any of this. And nothing on IG. Seems like someone wants to stir the pot on an issue that is bad enough.

I also searched around for anything like this via google search and got nothing

I feel like quite the idiot for taking this at face value :oops: Super valuable lesson to not just take things at face value!! Thanks everyone!

pokerface

Brilliant_Rock

What a bizarre thing to post when surely, SURELY if someone's bank acct were being shared to "several groups" including IG, SOMEONE with access to this forum would see it and respond. But why someone would make this up is beyond me, especially when he/she is potentially defaming both the IG seller and the PS buyer. @AnastasiaBeaverhausen @cheegg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results