shape
carat
color
clarity

Is anyone else feeling sick about what’s happening in the world?

Gloria27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
No problem @Gloria27 . I‘m upset about what is happening In Ekraine, I started the thread to help those of us who are feeling sad. I would like this thread to stay drama free and don’t want it shut down.[/USER]

I understand and feel the same about Ukraine.

Drama free, promisse!

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Heartbroken. Angry and frustrated at greedy, corrupt, power drunk people be they everyday citizens or political figures who use intellectually incontinent reasons for the harm they inflict. Worried about all of that in the context of someone with nuclear weapons. WWIII is the worst option should Putin cast his greedy eyes on Lithuania and Latvia.

mom2dolls

Shiny_Rock
Heart sick and terrified what happens next. Putin scares the shit out of me. Are we going to help Ukraine? I know we have soldiers in out lying areas, but are we going to engage? Apologize if I am naive in this.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am not sure how I feel about it yet. As of now, I feel disconnected. Unsure how it will affect me but definitely aware of how it affects the people of Ukraine.

SparklieBug

Brilliant_Rock
Feels like the world is filled with madness...I'm deeply concerned for not only the Ukraine but for what/who's next in Putin's crosshairs.

I read an article this morning (https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...t-this-russians-react-to-the-ukraine-invasion) where Russian civilians are very much against this action. Evidently many celebs and some politicians usually sympathetic to Putin are also strongly advocating to stop/get out. Doubt that will sway him.

Gloria27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Very concerned for the people in Ukraine and feeling helpless at the same time. This attack by Russia as the world paves the way for China to do the same to surrounding democratic neighbors like Taiwan (where my parents reside).

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
like Taiwan (where my parents reside).

If your parents can leave, they should. Even without the threat of China, global sea level rise now and in the not too distant future will be catastrophic to the island. Search google for flood projection maps.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You know how I feel about this Callie. I just can't write much :)

GeliL

Shiny_Rock
Cannot imagine the level of fear and anxiety that the Ukrainians are experiencing. I have coworkers from Ukraine who have all taken the days off, as they should. It must be so stressful, I am stressed just looking at the news.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am also heart sick what is happening. I hear there have been missles shot by Russia into the Ukraine. I also want to note that Russia has been doing cyber attacks against Ukraine, us and Ukrainian allies. It is expected to escalate. So protect your computers if you can. I need to do more so will research this this weekend.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My friend's sister and family and son are in Ukraine. Neighborhood of niece hit by missile. She's worried sick and crying all day.

+1 about being scared of Putin.
That’s terrifying. I hope your niece is okay @MaisOuiMadame, I’m so sorry ;(

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, I feel sick and useless...I dare not say more.

That's much of how I feel, but I find it hard to not ... say more.
I just at a loss for what to say.

NonieMarie

Brilliant_Rock
A few days ago, I ordered from a Ukranian seller on Etsy living in Kyev. When I asked her about the possibility of Putin invading, she was not concerned and said 2014 was worse. We messaged back and forth yesterday, she canceled my order and said she was very frightened. She woke to missiles flying over her apartment.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Truly heartbreaking. :(

Capping months of repeated denials and alleged attempts at false-flag provocations and propaganda, all eerily predicted by U.S. intelligence, Russia on Thursday launched a full-scale attack on its neighbor of a kind not seen in Europe since World War II. Kremlin forces moved swiftly to take control of major cities, effectively eliminating Ukraine’s air defenses with missile volleys landing all across the country. European Commission President Ursula von der Leyen called the Russian war a “barbaric attack” while European nations backed an unprecedented sanctions package, though omitting key components some see as most effective in punishing Moscow. Later, U.S. President Joe Biden imposed more sanctions on Russia, its banks and industries. But he too held back on measures where the collateral damage to European economies could be high.
In Ukraine, officials reported almost 60 killed and about 170 wounded by Russian attacks as of late Thursday. People raced to the West to escape Putin’s forces while Ukraine’s overmatched military sought to delay their march. Western intelligence officials said Kyiv could fall in a matter of hours. But taking over the capital is unlikely to be the end of Putin’s war, or the fight by Ukrainians to beat him back.

Ukrainian tanks on the move following Russia’s attack on Ukraine near Chuhuiv. Photographer: Anadolu Agency/Anadolu
In Moscow and other Russian cities, hundreds of protesters against the war were rounded up by state security. Russian ally China meanwhile refused to condemn Putin’s attack, instead urging restraint by “all parties” and repeating its criticism of the U.S. for publicly predicting what, as it turned out, Putin ended up doing.
Beyond the economic pain in store for Putin, Russian oligarchs and the country as a whole, Biden announced the start of a process with NATO allies that may bring about the kind of geopolitical restructuring Putin wants least. At the height of the Cold War, America had hundreds of thousands of troops (along with tanks, jets and missiles) all across Europe. With more troops from allied nations now heading to NATO members along Russia’s border, what was old may be new again. “The U.S.,” Biden intoned from the White House, “will defend every inch of NATO territory with the full force of American power.” David E. Rovella

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
I'm not very educated on current events but this does seem Hilter-esque and it's terrifying. My mind went immediately to the animals and pets and how they will suffer because they can't possibly understand the insanity of humans.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would love to hear you thoughts @Tekate but don’t want us to get banned.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This situation leaves you feeling so helpless. Sanctions will take time to have an effect and I fear it will be too late by then anyway. Don’t think the possibility of harsh sanctions ever came into play regarding the decisions that were being made for the invasion. I doubt these actions will let up until their mission is accomplished. Feels like a very strategic, hard driving effort to quickly achieve the goal. It is truly heartbreaking.

GreenPapaya

Brilliant_Rock
I feel so sick. As a former refugee my heart goes out to the people of Ukraine. My coworkers have family there and it's been so stressful for them. One just buried their father 2 weeks ago and now this. What is wrong with people? Wasn't the virus killing enough people? I just can't...

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't think people like Hitler and Putin are troubled much by sanctions.

Like a great white shark pwns a mosquito, bombs pwn sanctions.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
IDK if we are allowed to share this and if not please remove. But it is for a good cause. Here are charities that have been checked out and are valid where the money goes to the people in need.

standwithukraine.jpg

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would love to hear you thoughts @Tekate but don’t want us to get banned.

:) my thoughts.. where we (our country) is going Callie isn't pretty. Funny I'm 11% Ukranian according to 23andme, my great grand parents on my Dad's side always said they were German or Russian because the Ukraine itself has often been split up and given to different 'regimes'. So after I read my 21andme it said that I was 11% eastern European with the concentration coming from Ukraine.

I feel no kindship to Ukraine on this level but I feel and deep and abiding illness creeping in our world Callie.. makes me very %##0%%##** mad and sharply
angry and upset. hope this passes muster without some nanny complaining.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results