shape
carat
color
clarity

Is anyone else feeling sick about what’s happening in the world?

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ll bet Zelensky wishes he’d stayed in acting. I actually watched Servant of the People several years ago… When I first heard he had really won the presidency, in real life - and by such a margin! - my honest to goodness first reaction was laughter. Ridiculous.

Just as ridiculous now as it seemed then - but with more dire consequences than I imagine anyone foresaw.

Gloria27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Makes me sick to think there are *#@*@ protesting in Wellington right now for "freedom' as if we don't have freedom
Heading towards tyrrany while condemning tyranny, oh, the irrony...

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Heading towards tyrrany while condemning tyranny, oh, the irrony...

They are preventing school kids from getting to school and ordinary people getting to work and home
these arnt your nornal protesters, the only thing they have in common is thevanti vacine mandate
A very rag tag group includeing the very far right
School kids are getting abused - their masks pulled off
Schools have had to close as has the law and bussiness school of the university for the safety of their students

Im just saying people are protesting their so called lack of freedom (while disrupting the freedom of so many others) while on the other side of the world another country is under attack by a real and present danger that will take away their freedom

Gloria27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
They are preventing school kids from getting to school and ordinary people getting to work and home
these arnt your nornal protesters, the only thing they have in common is thevanti vacine mandate
Schools have had to close as has the law and bussiness school of the university for the safety of their students

Im just saying people are protesting their so called lack of freedom (while disrupting the freedom of so many others) while on the other side of the world another country is under attack by a real and present danger that will take away their freedom

It is appalling if they are acting like that but most anti mandate protests, especially in Canada, have been peaceful.
2 years of lockdown, businisses lost, people dying alone, and you complain for schools being closed and inconveniences from protests?

I've edited my post to keep it short cause it's off topic anyway.

Last edited:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
It is appalling if they are acting like that but most anti mandate protests, especially in Canada, have been peaceful. Retaliation towards them on the other hand it's straight out of tyrannical regimes handbooks: censorship, confiscated goods, property, etc.
Today may be vax mandates, tomorrow might be something you care about.

And it's not "so called lack of freedom" if you lose your livelihood for not accepting a medical procedure.

2 years of lockdown, businisess lost, people dying alone, and you complain for schools being closed and inconveniences from protests?

Come live in Wellington for a week and see how great the freedom protesters are
you can't swim in the harbour any more becsuse the protesters are tipping poo down the storm water drains
these are not nornal protests
The PSA (union for govt workers) as are most of the population are appealed at the behaviour
They are not doing their cause any good
I hope the Canadian truck drivers are cleaner

Gloria27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Come live in Wellington for a week and see how great the freedom protesters are
you can't swim in the harbour any more becsuse the protesters are tipping poo down the storm water drains
these are not nornal protests
The PSA (union for govt workers) as are most of the population are appealed at the behaviour
They are not doing their cause any good
I hope the Canadian truck drivers are cleaner

I live in the UK where they scrapped every anti Covid measure possible so there are no protests and no poo being tipped.

On point, it's scary what's happening in Ukraine right now, I really hoped it would be a bluff.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's heartbreaking & terrifying.

The BBC news showed a drill being performed yesterday at a Ukraine Primary School, with lots of tiny children in Covid face masks, being squashed into an undergound bunker & sat on shelving above a row of other children, like sardines in a tin. And they looked bewildered & scared. It made me cry.

Lula

Ideal_Rock
I’ll bet Zelensky wishes he’d stayed in acting. I actually watched Servant of the People several years ago… When I first heard he had really won the presidency, in real life - and by such a margin! - my honest to goodness first reaction was laughter. Ridiculous.

Just as ridiculous now as it seemed then - but with more dire consequences than I imagine anyone foresaw.

Felt the same in 1980. In the U.S. And the film was “Bedtime for Bonzo.”

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock

I’m Canadian so I can completely empathize. My cousins in Ottawa were attacked every time they left their house for weeks on end in the name of “freedom” meanwhile Ukrainians are facing war.

It’s so frustrating.

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
It is appalling if they are acting like that but most anti mandate protests, especially in Canada, have been peaceful.
2 years of lockdown, businisses lost, people dying alone, and you complain for schools being closed and inconveniences from protests?

The protesters in Canada were far from peaceful. We also never had “two years of lockdowns”. This is just group insanity led by extremists.

The people of Ottawa were terrorized, harassed, and assaulted for weeks on end. My family lives there and they were physically assaulted multiple times.

Edit: I see you live in the UK. Maybe next time do some research before pretending to be an authority on foreign issues.

Last edited:

liaerfbv

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I live in the Ukrainian Village neighborhood in Chicago, and it's a dark morning here. We live next door to a Ukrainian church, and many of our neighbors are there praying.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium

You are not Canadian and have no idea what the protests were like. They were absolutely NOT peaceful and the citizens of Ottawa are extremely grateful they are gone. The leaders have almost all been denied bail and are awaiting their day in court for counselling a terrorist occupation of our capital. Do not use what happened in Ottawa as some sort of badge of pride for your far right terrorist-supporting views.

Going from that straight into a war is throwing me off kilter. It's extremely disconcerting. I have Ukrainian friends who still have family there and are completely stressing out. They are safe, for now, but I will be checking in with them frequently.

Gloria27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
You are not Canadian and have no idea what the protests were like. They were absolutely NOT peaceful and the citizens of Ottawa are extremely grateful they are gone. The leaders have almost all been denied bail and are awaiting their day in court for counselling a terrorist occupation of our capital. Do not use what happened in Ottawa as some sort of badge of pride for your far right terrorist-supporting views.

Going from that straight into a war is throwing me off kilter. It's extremely disconcerting. I have Ukrainian friends who still have family there and are completely stressing out. They are safe, for now, but I will be checking in with them frequently.

I have no far right views and you saying that about me is really sickening.
You have not lived under communism, that's all. Good luck!

Gloria27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@Gloria27, This thread is about Ukraine. The protesters in Canada were not peaceful. If you would to talk about the truckers in Canada. Please by all means start your own thread.

Yes, sorry about that, you are right.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@liaerfbv, I was hoping there would be something on our local news tonight letting people know how they can help.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results