shape
carat
color
clarity

Inauguration chat

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/21/2009 2:00:41 PM
Author: bebe
I think her gown was just ok. She looked great and he did as well. But I do think the designer, Wu, missed the point she was going to have to dance in his design.
Michelle seemed to have a difficult time moving around in it. It looked like a slight train, dunno, maybe I''m wrong. But she had to kick
it out of her way or else step on it. I don''t recall any past innaugural gowns with trains.

Michelle looked tired at the prayer service this morning. Poor thing.
Yep, it was really hindering her movements. And while the president said beforehand he was worried about the dancing part, I think it hindered them there too.

And yes, I feel sorry for her, really, both of them. I imagine it will take them a few days before they really get rested.

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/21/2009 1:59:38 PM
Author: Ellen
JACKPOT!

This set of pics has her outfits, and the one of her next to Nancy Pelosi makes the day outfit look like it has a green tint all over. Also, bling shots!
28.gif

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/01/18/michelle-obamas-inaugurat_n_158916.html
See -- didn''t she look absolutely great in that purple outfit with the dark coat? Perfect color for her, and a simple but fashion forward style. Loved it.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/21/2009 2:21:09 PM
Author: HollyS

See -- didn't she look absolutely great in that purple outfit with the dark coat? Perfect color for her, and a simple but fashion forward style. Loved it.
Yes, it's a fantastic color on her. I was hoping she'd pick that color in the inaugural dress sketch (which now that I think about it, was also purple I think) by Nicole Miller, I think that's her name. That would have looked fabulous.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ellen, looks like we agree on the fashion issues!

I think that ring surely was fake..way too big to be real.

Yes, Joe Biden looks like a movie star for sure, white teeth and all!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just heard that her ball jewelry is by Lori (Laurie?) Rodkin of LA. (Borrowed, I think.)

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/21/2009 7:10:51 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
Just heard that her ball jewelry is by Lori (Laurie?) Rodkin of LA. (Borrowed, I think.)
Entertainment tonight said the center stone was 10 carats.

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/21/2009 9:39:47 AM
Author: Ellen

Date: 1/21/2009 9:30:44 AM
Author: hoofbeats95
I didn''t like the white dress. I haven''t managed to see a full floor length shot of it. But it was too bride like. Too prom-ish. And also in a way too ''young'' for my taste. It was frilly and I expected elegant.

I have seen shots and clips of the ''gold'' outfit she wore for the inauguration ceremony that make the dress look like it''s slightly green. Which might be the reason for the green gloves and shoes. Has anyone else noticed that?
Yes. And I just saw a pic somewhere where the bow/sash on it really had a green tint (and made the gloves/shoes totally match). It''s weird though, you just don''t see it in every lighting situation/shot.
I read today that the designer referred to the colour as lemongrass.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay so I really like Michelle. I think she is classy, strong, smart, and compassionate. But I have not seen her in one outfit that says to me that she anything other than a 'unique' fashion sense at best, 'terrible' at worst. But she's not a dress up doll, I think she has a lot of substance and her outfits (and I really thought both the gold outfit and the white one were iffy) don't detract from that for me.

But...

The gold outfit... It was okay, but too much. I thought one piece in that lace would have been plenty. It was too much for me. The gloves and shoes were awful, and made me cringe at the thought of a matching purse for them with that outfit. The necklace just didn't work for me with the whole thing. Way too much going on... gold lace, a bow, cashmere, the necklace, olive shoes, and those gloves. I do suspect that the 'gold' was green as well, but on camera it was dreadful.

The dress... debutante or bride, indeed. Better than her day outfit, but it was just weird to me. A symbol of hope? Okay. Next time take someone else shopping with you.

Still, they were adorable to watch... neither of them can dance! It was just very genuine. Very geniune.
4.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I picked up a People magazine yesterday, and found descriptions of the jewelry Michelle wore. Thought some of you might be interested. And ds, the mystery studs are a mystery no more!

Studs worn the day of: Diamond studs surrounded by pave stones (estimated at 2 cts)

Diamond earrings that evening: Loree Rodkin''s white gold and triple rose-cut diamond earrings with diamond drops weighed in at 60 cts.
yikes2.gif

Bangles: White gold and diamond, no other info

Ring: Rodkin''s white gold and black rhodium rose-cut diamond signet ring featured a 10 ct. center stone

All the Rodkin pieces will be donated to the Smithsonian.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results