shape
carat
color
clarity

Inauguration chat

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think that she looks fab. I really like them.

pjean

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/20/2009 3:57:54 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
Date: 1/20/2009 3:09:16 PM

Author: bebe

Date: 1/20/2009 2:59:41 PM

Author: Lorelei

Senator Teddy Kennedy has been taken ill at the luncheon.
8.gif

Very sad. Obama looked so concerned when he got up to speak.

Yes, very sad. I was honestly surprised that Kennedy was even able to be there, though, so I am glad he made it through the inauguration itself. The news is saying he is stable, so I hope that is true.

Apparently Kennedy is awake and speaking, and has been in touch with the President by telephone.

(I love saying "The President" and meaning Obama.
9.gif
9.gif
)

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
what an amazing day!! I cannot wait to see the gowns and jewelry tonight too.

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/20/2009 2:59:41 PM
Author: Lorelei
Senator Teddy Kennedy has been taken ill at the luncheon.
8.gif
So has Senator Robert C. Byrd.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/20/2009 12:53:35 PM
Author: FrekeChild
I keep watching and I think that Laura and Michelle genuinely like each other. I think Michelle looks fab!

I can''t wait to see ballgowns. What time will that be on?

ETA: I think George and Barack like each other too.
but what i don''t understand was...why Obama didn''t watch Bush''s farewell speech thee other night?
33.gif
IMO, he should of show more respect towards Bush.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
While we wait for the ball gowns, here''s a picture of Malia and Sasha in adorable J.Crew coats:

Obamagirls1a.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Michelle''s beautiful outfit from yesterday:

Michellemonday.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
But uh-oh, I am not loving this white ball gown so far.

WishfulThinking

Brilliant_Rock
Okay, could the Obama girls be any more adorable! They are simply precious. I think it will be great fun to watch them grow up in the White House, and I am especially entertained by the things they've said thus far-- they seem so smart.

Also, Michelle Obama is one of my personal heroes. Seriously, I love her so much. She always looks fantastic, and she's absolutely brilliant.

I think it's fascinating to see all of these figures in one place and how they interact with one another, even though I'm viewing it from afar. They do seem to really like one another.

All in all I thought inauguration was wonderful and I'll make sure to thank my prof who dragged me out of the mud [yes, I can be a real stick] and bribed me into watching it by promising I could co-author her paper if I did this research for her. A not-so-subtle way of telling me to get the heck over myself, and duly noted.
3.gif

What can I say? History is amazing, even if it doesn't always unfold the way we wish it would.

ETA:
39.gif
39.gif
About Ted Kennedy. He is one of my favourite politicians, raging liberal that I am, and he has dedicated his entire life to public service. I think it's so sad that he is ill.

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
I love the white gown! She is stunning! Oh the dance is too sweet.
1.gif

snlee

Ideal_Rock
What an amazing day! Malia and Sasha looks so adorable! Michelle looked beautiful!

bebe

Ideal_Rock
IMHO, Obama''s watch was too casual for white tie!
Spoken from a true PS''er !!!!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
ok, time for a dumb question... where are you guys seeing her ball attire? all that i see on is the ''neighborhood ball''. . .

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/20/2009 8:53:04 PM
Author: jcrow
ok, time for a dumb question... where are you guys seeing her ball attire? all that i see on is the 'neighborhood ball'. . .

ah, found a bit on it on cnn... i'm surprised there's not more coverage on the ball...

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My understanding is that they''ll go to all the balls for a few minutes, so you have to catch them quickly before they move on. I need a closer look at the white dress. It''s just not what I expected after the other outfits.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/20/2009 8:48:51 PM
Author: bebe
IMHO, Obama''s watch was too casual for white tie!
Spoken from a true PS''er !!!!
I think you may be right. here''s the first picture I can find:

ballgown1.jpg

WishfulThinking

Brilliant_Rock
Okay, while I think Michelle Obama is gorgeous, is it only me who thinks "bride" when white dresses are worn at formals? Maybe I''m not sophisticated enough to appreciate the look, but that''s the impression I get.

They certainly are a good-looking couple, though.
30.gif

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
it's a dress by jason wu. and at times it looks cream...

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/20/2009 9:05:42 PM
Author: WishfulThinking
Okay, while I think Michelle Obama is gorgeous, is it only me who thinks 'bride' when white dresses are worn at formals? Maybe I'm not sophisticated enough to appreciate the look, but that's the impression I get.

They certainly are a good-looking couple, though.
30.gif
I agree that they are a great looking couple, but I agree that I think bride, debutante, or prom when I see a dress like that. I just expected Jackie Kennedy elegant and stylish after seeing the clothes she has worn the last couple of days. It's pretty, just not as outstanding as her other choices, IMO.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am really disappointed. I thought they would have a lot of ball coverage. Remember in the past? It lasted a lot longer.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/20/2009 9:13:13 PM
Author: Linda W
I am really disappointed. I thought they would have a lot of ball coverage. Remember in the past? It lasted a lot longer.
I think some channels will cover it all night. They''ll be appearing at many balls. You might just need to channel surf a little.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Off to channel surf, I would have thought they would have had more coverage??

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They were just at the Commander-in-chief ball...hope you caught it. The dress is pretty. I'll be interested to see some close-up pictures to see details. Just heard they are on the way to the Youth Ball. I'm not watching them all because I don't think she is changing clothes. She did not have on wedding rings. She had on some kind of huge cocktail ring on her index or middle finger of her left hand.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love the color of Jill Biden''s dress

Bidens.jpg

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/20/2009 10:11:34 PM
She looks beautiful!

Wow, we have such attractive people, with attractive spouses, in office this time around...

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/20/2009 10:11:34 PM
Love it, they are such a great couple!!!

bebe

Ideal_Rock
why are they dancing to the same song at each different ball "At Last" by Etta James?
love that song btw.
and don''t they look so "in love" ? ;-)

I''m glad to see they are enjoying all this - tomorrow like he said the hard works starts.
I am extremely worried about the banking crisis, B of A in particular.

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Did you guys hear Joe Biden''s remarks at the Commander in Chief ball? It was something about how he started serving the people when he was 29 and he may not be 29 anymore but when you see his wife tonight you''ll think she is.

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
OMG, how cute were Barack and Michelle dancing at the Youth Ball! They look so in love...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results