shape
carat
color
clarity

I''m seeing purple -- photos from Wink of my purple sapphire halo setting!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
Amazing! That gallery is stunning, and I totally see your dragonflies! It is such a unique, classy, and vibrant piece!

April20

Ideal_Rock
How cool! What a great design. Congrats to you.

Lula

Ideal_Rock
Wow - I've been crazy busy with work lately and just saw these recent posts to my thread! Thank you so much. You are all so kind.

Stone Hunter, most sapphires are too dark for me, too. These are perfect - I think the fact that these are diamond cut makes a difference, too. As for people's reactions, I live in the Midwest - most people have subtle bling here. So my friends and family think it's pretty over-the-top. But I expected that! Everyone who has seen it has commented on the wonderful craftsmanship, so even if they think the ring is too blingy for them, they do appreciate the workmanship.

Swedish Bean, Kelli Mochi, April20 - thank you. I've been having a tough time at work lately and your comments brightened my day!

DiaDiva - thanks for returning to my thread to check out my M again. The M is a fun diamond to wear. It is never the same color - in some lights it's creamy white, in other lights it's golden, and in some lights it's silvery. The sapphires change color, too. I waste a lot of time staring at my hand!

Novel -- thank you! The dragonfly from the side is such a cool feature of this ring. Wink e-mailed me this week asking me to choose a name for my ring, and after a few back and forth e-mails, we both thought "The Dragonfly" would be the perfect name.

Amethyste - thank you, thank you! I am thrilled that you made a point to check PS for photos of my finished ring. I really love the finished ring, and it was very special to me to get so much input and excitement from PS'ers -- especially you! None of my friends and family are into jewelry, so you all are my "jewelry family"! I would love to meet you someday, too -- I live in the Midwest, near Chicago. I get to D.C. a few times a year on business. Let me know if you're ever in Chicago -- there are a few PS'ers in the Chicago area, so maybe a get-together could happen there.

Wink -- thanks for the cleaning tips. This ring is a challenge to clean, but I find soaking it and then using a soft toothbrush to get inside the gallery works pretty well. After I receive the gem care kit you sent out, i'll give that a try and report back.

I am wearing a plain wedding band with this ring. I switch off between a 2 mm white gold ring and a 2 mm vintage yellow gold ring. And they both look great. I love the way beau13's ring looks with a plain band, so that's the look I'm going for.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results