shape
carat
color
clarity

I''m seeing purple -- photos from Wink of my purple sapphire halo setting!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

merrymunky

Brilliant_Rock
OH WOW!

I missed the background threads but the finished piece is an absolute stunner. I love, love, LOVE IT!

joflier

Ideal_Rock
How pretty!!! This is a ring I''d really love to see in person - its just so unique!

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Wow sara, I didn't think the ring could be any prettier, but it is when it's on your hand!! It's perfect! I could stare at it all day........

Lula

Ideal_Rock
Thank you, mayachel and DiaDiva -- and the blue sapphires in your rings (avatars) are gorgeous!

Dinamit -- thanks! My moon is in Leo -- does that count? It was very cold here this morning in the upper Midwest (Wisconsin). Usually October is beautiful -- blue, blue skies, colorful leaves, mild temperatures. This year it''s been rain every day and cold. Can''t complain, though, Denver Colorado, got snow! And have you posted pictures of your new ring? Did I miss the thread? I know you said you didn''t get to enjoy your new ring right away because your child was sick. Let me know where I can see the pictures!

Glitterata -- yes, thank you, it does make me smile when I look down at my hand. What a fun project this was! And your comment, "the delicious combination of out-of-the-ordinary stones" was a guiding principle for the project. Trying to find a conventional setting for my M just wasn''t working, so custom design was the way to go. One of the things I love about PS is that I get to see designs/combinations I would never see in my "real" life.

D&T -- nope, no DSS! Cured! I think I will post a photo of my first -- albeit very short-lived -- upgrade to remind myself that I went from a 5.5 mm stone (.53 carat) to a 6.5 milimeter stone (1.00) to a halo that added approximately 5 more millimeters to the diameter of my 1.0 stone. Not bad in less than six months
9.gif

Thanks, merrymunky, joflier and miraclesrule for your compliments. Miracle, I do stare at it alot. It looks different from every angle!

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
Oh yay!!!!! I finally got to see the "live" pictures of your ring. It''s just as stunning as I knew it would be. I don''t think I''d get anything done all day, because I would be too busy staring at my hand. That ring was certainly worth waiting for. I can see why you like the gallery - it''s so unique. And of course I may have mentioned that I LOVE the purple sapphires. Congratulations!!!!!!

CBL

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Wow, that is stunning. The diamond is absolutely gorgeous...and my favorite color is purple so I''m a HUGE fan of the purple sapphires!! I applaud you for doing something different; it''s so refreshing to see something so lovely and UNIQUE on this board!

tulips

Shiny_Rock
wow.. so awesome! my favourite colour is purple too! i am so so jealous.. but congratulations! i am happy for you too...

tulips

Shiny_Rock
Hey Wink...
I want that ring from you too! it is so awesome!

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Oh

My

GOSH!

This is a gorgeous ring!

Lula

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, Cind11 -- yes, it's hard to get work done, even after two days of wearing the ring. The ring is just so interesting to look at from all angles! The sapphires look slightly different as the light changes, so that is fascinating, too. I now know that my original sapphire (referring to my CS thread) was way too dark for my preference.

SDL, CBL, and tulips -- thank you, thank you! I am only beginning to find out how many colored stone lovers there are on PS, in particular, purple stone lovers.

tulips -- this ring was adapted from Wink's "Bella" design that he made for a client who had a large OEC (if I remember right). The original Bella is posted in the vendor photos section of PS. That's how I found it. The original Bella was surrounded by diamond melee, which is gorgeous, too. I had no idea (because I am new to the CS forum) that Wink had so much expertise in colored stones. Duh! So I definitely made the right choice in choosing him when I decided I couldn't live without a purple sapphire halo! I asked Wink to change the gallery design of the Bella, and after much searching found inspiration for my gallery design from Crowmama's (I think that's her screen name) beautiful rings. I would be honored if another PS'er chose to have Wink make this ring for him/her.

princess -- thank you for your enthusiastic response to my ring!

AdiS

Brilliant_Rock
This ring really is a work of art. It''s simply magnificent. I love it all-the gorgeous setting, the beautiful stone and the purple sapphires. It''s a stunner, sara, enjoy it!
36.gif

freefly

Shiny_Rock
Your ring is absolutely beautiful and unique. Not to mention that purple is the color of royalty....

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Love it love it love it love it even more in your pics! It''s so fantastically unique!!! And I love the gallery - it''s gorgeous.
1.gif

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
Your ring is just stunning and I am in LOVE with those luscious purple sapphires.
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

I must say I really do love everything about the ring, the galley is just spot on and I love the unintentional dragonfly... so cool!!!
Enjoy your new ring and thanks for braving the cold for the sake of photos for us, much appreciated!
3.gif

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
You, my dear Sara, did not post enough hand shots
11.gif
Get out that camera and start shooting
9.gif

joelly

Ideal_Rock
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
Wow!!!!

SparklyOEC

Brilliant_Rock
OH MY GOSH...I love your ring! What a beautiful design!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Burk

Ideal_Rock
So pretty!

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nice. :)

I forgot, those are purple what? sapphires?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sara it is exquisite!!!

Lula

Ideal_Rock
Thank you, AdiS, I am thrilled that you think it is a work of art. Wink, if you see this thread, please feel free to give us more details about the talented benchman -- benchperson? -- who made my ring. Its detail and craftsmanship amazes me, and the more I look at it, the more impressed I am at the attention to detail.

Thank you, freefly. Royalty! I hope I''m worthy :)

Gecko, thanks, I''m glad you like the gallery. It was one of the toughest elements to decide on. I had to look at lots and lots of ring profiles -- thank goodness for the PS archives!

poshpepper, thank you for your compliments. The unintentional dragonfly is a lovely feature. It was a surprise because I simply gave Wink a photo of the pattern I wanted on the gallery, and his benchman oriented the design on the ring so that it lined up that way. It''s interesting, the culet of the diamond is also framed perfectly by the way the benchman oriented the gallery wire work -- it''s so fun to notice all the little details. And, yes, it was very cold the day of my photo shoot, but I just had to get a few IRL pictures -- more to come!

Thanks for your compliments, Joelly, sparklyOEC, and Burk!

risingsun, I promise I will get more hand shots posted this week! This month is a busy month for me at work, plus it gets dark so darn early now (time change!) so photo shoot opportunities are limited. But I''ll get on it!!!

Stone and Lorelei -- hello, my RT friends
35.gif
Thanks for stopping by to check out my thread. And thanks to both of you for your input on my earlier threads. Stone, the purple stones are purple sapphires. Wink and some of the other PS''ers suggested sapphires so that I don''t have to worry about them being too soft for daily wear.

My PS time is limited this week, but I promise I will post more handshots and photos of the ring in the sun -- the purple color changes depending on the light
30.gif

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow. That''s gotta be one of the most beautiful creations I''ve ever seen!

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 11/2/2009 10:05:15 PM
Author: sarap333
Thank you, AdiS, I am thrilled that you think it is a work of art. Wink, if you see this thread, please feel free to give us more details about the talented benchman -- benchperson? -- who made my ring. Its detail and craftsmanship amazes me, and the more I look at it, the more impressed I am at the attention to detail.
It is a team. You gave me ideas, I gave you feedback, then we had a talented person do the CAD and then from there the benchwork was done and of course the milgrain was done by hand.

It was touched in many steps along the way by many different hands. There is no one person to stand and take the bow.

I have enjoyed the many comments on this thread and I am so happy for you that 1. You like it, and 2. so does every one else.

The one factor I thought would gather more comment was the incredible under gallery which is what makes it so comfortable on your finger. I think the under gallery is an important and very often forgotten design element, especially in rings with a large round or oval base that would other wise dig deep into the finger.

Wink

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/3/2009 1:29:49 AM
Author: Wink

It is a team. You gave me ideas, I gave you feedback, then we had a talented person do the CAD and then from there the benchwork was done and of course the milgrain was done by hand.

It was touched in many steps along the way by many different hands. There is no one person to stand and take the bow.

I have enjoyed the many comments on this thread and I am so happy for you that 1. You like it, and 2. so does every one else.

The one factor I thought would gather more comment was the incredible under gallery which is what makes it so comfortable on your finger. I think the under gallery is an important and very often forgotten design element, especially in rings with a large round or oval base that would other wise dig deep into the finger.

Wink
Ah this is the very first time I''ve seen that AMAZING ring. I''m almost at a loss for words. It is just
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

I love the purple sapphires. I''m just getting into sapphires since most that I''ve seen IRL are just WAY too dark for me. I did notice the under gallery and wondered about it keeping the ring from getting cleaned properly. But thanks to Wink I now understand the need for the under gallery.

Do you get alot of comments on the ring or people staring at your hand IRL? I would so forget my manners and stare at your hand in the grocery store.
9.gif

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely lovely. I loved the pictures from Wink but it looks even more gorgeous on your finger!

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
Sarap, I came back to take a second look and just adore the M of your diamond. It''s so rich and luscious! The purple simply adds to the warm colour festival. What a wonderful ring!

Amethyste

Ideal_Rock
Sarah -

I have been away for a while - but came back and actively looked for this post as I knew your ring would be done by now...
OH MY WORDS!!! I love love the whole thing! What a nice ending this ring is! i love all of its unique details, from the yellow prongs to the yellow accents - the beautiful gallery and the purples sapphires... and yes! I see a dragonfly on the side/shoulder!!

You must be so happy with this ring, it truly is a gorgeous piece! Arre you going to wear a band with it?

Congratulations to you and Team Wink for this magnificent piece of art!!!!

PS: Sarah, Where do you live?! Are you in the New England area? If you are, I'd love to meet!

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 11/6/2009 10:12:06 PM
Author: Stone Hunter

Date: 11/3/2009 1:29:49 AM
Author: Wink

Wink
Ah this is the very first time I''ve seen that AMAZING ring. I''m almost at a loss for words. It is just
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

I love the purple sapphires. I''m just getting into sapphires since most that I''ve seen IRL are just WAY too dark for me. I did notice the under gallery and wondered about it keeping the ring from getting cleaned properly. But thanks to Wink I now understand the need for the under gallery.

Do you get alot of comments on the ring or people staring at your hand IRL? I would so forget my manners and stare at your hand in the grocery store.
9.gif
Thank you for your kind comments Stone Hunter.

Cleaning can always be an issue, but I find that soaking the ring in a product that does not contain ammonia, such as the Gem Care Products will soften any "cookie dough" on the back of the gems and they can then be dislodged with running warm water and then further removed with a blast of air from one of the cans of compressed air used for blowing dust from computers. (The reason I suggest not soaking them in ammonia based products is that if you forget and leave the ring in there too long the ammonia can react with the silver alloy in your gold causing a nasty looking tarnish that must then be removed.)

Or of course you can take your rings to any jeweler who will put them in the ultrasonic and blast the remaining "cookie dough" from your gems with steam. Most rings, even without the undergallery will not allow full access to the bottom of the gems involved, especially with many pave stones, so such methods really are the best way to get to all of the hidden nooks and crannies.

Wink

mochi

Ideal_Rock
That ring is just breath takingly gorgeous!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results